PDA

View Full Version : Post-game thread (PGT): TP and Manu shine, D is still missing

lefty
11-06-2010, 10:13 PM
LOL scola

ducks
11-06-2010, 10:15 PM
that turnover he made was HUGE

DeadlyDynasty
MVP: Courtney Lee

Hooks
Man, TP's defense was horrible! Anderson being out really hurt us, Neal was guarding Martin at one point right?

jag
11-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I was going to lose it if Scola hit that last 3 attempt.

L.I.T
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Actually, I thought TP and Manu got a bit too jumper happy there in the fourth.

That and late in the fourth and OT the Rockets were essentially playing undersized ball with Hayes and Scola out there. Would have been nice to have gotten some touches for TD in the post. Neither of those guys can really handle his length in the post. Though Hayes is an underrated defender.

Spurs Brazil
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Spurs D is scary bad.

Rotations are late, help D is pathetic, a lot of mental mistakes (how the hell we gave that bunch of open Js for Scola).

I'm very worried

ChuckD
11-06-2010, 10:18 PM
MVP: Courtney Lee

No shit. People here were drooling over him, but he's scared under pressure. He was responsible for at least six points of the difference late in the 4th and OT. Two missed FTs, a bad defense on Manu, and that last turnover when Manu tipped the ball.

ducks
11-06-2010, 10:18 PM
manu shot 11 fucking threes

wtf is he that old he can not drive

ducks
11-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Spurs D is scary bad.

Rotations are late, help D is pathetic, a lot of mental mistakes (how the hell we gave that bunch of open Js for Scola).

I'm very worried
rotations are late this earlier in season

after 20 games d will be better

BUT SPURS SCORED 124 on rockets when was the last time they did that?

normally a rockets spurs game is lucky to get in the 90"s

ogait
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Ye that's weird.

He seems to be in good shape, has quickness but he's just not looking to drive to the basket. He didn't went to the free throw line once until that last intentional foul on overtime.

I wonder if that's intentional by the coaching to safe him early on in the season.

Nathan89
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Guess us spurs fans are just getting accustomed to Rj playing well.

Last year we would have through confetti in the air after a performance like this from Rj.

silverblk mystix
11-06-2010, 10:24 PM
relax...a win is a win is a win...

Dex
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Is this like the after party?

Good to see the Spurs win another grit-out game. While they may not be good for the blood pressure, these types of wins build character for a team. The Spurs could've mailed it in at a few points of that game, but they kept pounding at that rock and escaped with the win (although that last play was an abomination of bad defense, rebounding, and officiating).

Big plays by Tony (steal and layup) and Manu (crossover to the behind the back to the game-winning fadeaway) to secure the win. The Big Four with another good game. Spurs 4-1 and currently better than Miami. :tu

lefty
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Ye that's weird.

He seems to be in good shape, has quickness but he's just not looking to drive to the basket. He didn't went to the free throw line once until that last intentional foul on overtime.

I wonder if that's intentional by the coaching to safe him early on in the season.

I think it's intentional

Nathan89
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Is this like the after party?

:lmao

DAF86
11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Manu got clrearly tired at the end, all his shots hit the front of the rim, luckily Tony stepped up in OT.

20beastie45
11-06-2010, 10:29 PM
The D can get better!!! and will.....Parker and Jefferson had a sub par game defensively....It looked like he wanted to force to help to quickly...No doubt that are defense is great when we send to the help D...but play some 1 on 1 before you send to help...

either way good win in clutch!

20beastie45
11-06-2010, 10:31 PM

Maybe....he needs to move without the ball more than handle the ball...he took some ill advised threes.

Leonard Curse
11-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Spurs D is scary bad.

I'm very worried

YUP!!!!!+100
it looks like duncan is just playing out there to play w/the exception of that last and 1

jestersmash
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
He also made the game tying jumper so maybe people should get off his nuts about excessive shooting, particularly after a win.

Does this still surprise people? It's ginobili, he has the authority to shoot "ball-hoggish" shots from time to time. So does tony, so does duncan.

benefactor
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Though he wasn't particularly great offensively, Gary Neal continues to prove he is an NBA level role player. He never takes plays off. There was one exchange where he missed a floater that sparked a Rockets fast break. The Rockets look like they have an easy bucket by Smith when Neal comes sprinting back in transition to get in front of him, causing him to put the ball on the floor and turn it over.

If only he was 6'7......

pawe
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
BUT SPURS SCORED 124 on rockets when was the last time they did that?

normally a rockets spurs game is lucky to get in the 90"s

New era for the Spurs has begun.
Maybe they can shake away the "boring" title the media keeps on painting them.

Mr.Robinson
11-07-2010, 04:56 AM

Yeah, let him fuck those ankles up five games into the season. We will see super Manu until about 60 games into the season. Same with Tim. They're pretty deep this year. No need to go all out.

11-07-2010, 05:10 AM
i don't mind manu shooting all those threes. he can't consistently drive anymore unless he wants to get injured. now he just has to make them.

angelbelow
11-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Perhaps Pop said: "Manu, if you only drive to the basket 5 times or less in order to preserve your body, you can shoot as many 3s as you want."

Manu-of-steel
11-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Perhaps Pop said: "Manu, if you only drive to the basket 5 times or less in order to preserve your body, you can shoot as many 3s as you want."

lol! This is most likely the case

BronxCowboy
11-07-2010, 07:34 AM
The good news is, it's still early and it usually takes some time for the defense to settle in (hence SPAM). The great news is, the Spurs are winning close games anyway. The difference between 50 wins and 60 wins last season? The Spurs couldn't win close games last year. They either won big or not at all.

JR21
11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree we need to step the Defense up.

#2!
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
New era for the Spurs has begun.
Maybe they can shake away the "boring" title the media keeps on painting them.

Chokers
Soft
Dirty
Boring

They'll come up with a new one if we do keep scoring over 100ppg this season. Abandon your hope dude.

spursfan09
11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Chokers
Soft
Dirty
Boring

They'll come up with a new one if we do keep scoring over 100ppg this season. Abandon your hope dude.

Sad, but true.

kaji157
11-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Chokers
Soft
Dirty
Boring

But they play no defense.
ESPN is taking a defense first approch towards the league coverage this year!

#2!
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
But they play no defense.
ESPN is taking a defense first approch towards the league coverage this year!

haha They actually did start paying more attention to defense..since the Boston Celtics learned how to play it a couple of years ago. Oh and "defense" when Lebron runs down a fastbreak for a block (admittedly spectacular, but not worth putting him on 1st team All Defense).