PDA

View Full Version : New Black GOP Rep Allen West: Allegations of Tea Party Racism Failed

Galileo
11-07-2010, 01:08 PM
New Black GOP Rep Allen West: Allegations of Tea Party Racism Failed

West says racism allegations against Tea Party by liberals didn't work

Florida's first black Republican congressman credited the Tea Party with standing up against allegations of racism from the left in supporting his successful candidacy.

“So I think that the -- the liberal progressives saw the strength of the grass-roots movement that we call the Tea Party which stands for 'taxed enough already' and they tried to turn against it,” Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) said Friday on "Hannity" on Fox News.

“And the number one thing that you always try to do to silence an opponent in the United States of America is to call someone a racist.”

MORE:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/128025-west-says-racism-allegations-against-tea-party-by-liberals-didnt-work

:lmao

DMX7
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I love how 98% of the "Taxed Enough Already" party doesn't know whether or not their taxes went up under Obama.

boutons_deux
11-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Obama cut income taxes $400/individual, $800/couple.

duped tea baggers don't need no facts, they cling ot their VRWC Cock-bros myths.

tea baggers will now benefit enormously from Repugs running the House, right?

Yonivore
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I love how 98% of the "Taxed Enough Already" party doesn't know whether or not their taxes went up under Obama.
All of our taxes will go up dramatically on January 1, 2011. And, believing you're taxed enough already is not necessarily related to whether or not your taxes will increase in the future.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
All of our taxes will go up dramatically on January 1, 2011.Nah. They won't.

And, believing you're taxed enough already is not necessarily related to whether or not your taxes will increase in the future.Seeing as the debt is so high, someone has to pay that down. Not even the mighty Tea non-party is going to actually decrease spending.

johnsmith
11-07-2010, 02:43 PM

duped tea baggers don't need no facts, they cling ot their VRWC Cock-bros myths.

Good point boutons, and like usual, right in line with the point of this thread.

Yonivore
11-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Good point boutons, and like usual, right in line with the point of this thread.
Rebates aren't tax cuts. He's going to take all that back, and more.

johnsmith
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Rebates aren't tax cuts. He's going to take all that back, and more.

Good point Yoni, and like usual, very relevant to what you quoted.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Yoni never answered if he had been paying more or less in federal taxes the past two years.

But I digress.

johnsmith
11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Yoni never answered if he had been paying more or less in federal taxes the past two years.

But I digress.

I'll answer......less.......but it's been as helpful as that cool rebate check I got a few years earlier.......thus proving my point that regardless of which party you affiliate yourself with, they are all fucking idiots.

And Pelosi can lick my balls.

Yonivore
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll answer......less.......but it's been as helpful as that cool rebate check I got a few years earlier.......thus proving my point that regardless of which party you affiliate yourself with, they are all fucking idiots.

And Pelosi can lick my balls.
My understanding is we'll pay taxes on the 400/800 as if it were income. And, I've paid more because of a raise in income. But, y'all miss the point. You act as though because Obama's policies haven't resulted in a tax hike, thus far in his presidency, that he's kept his promise to "not raise taxes one dime on anyone making less than $250,000."

Just like all of his promises, this one has an expiration date and that date is December 31, 2010.

I wouldn't let Pelosi near my junk.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2010, 03:00 PM
He still won't answer.

ChuckD
11-07-2010, 03:32 PM
The fact is that since Reconstruction, the GOP has elected one black Senator, Edward Brooke from Massachusetts, who probably would be thrown out of the GOP now, being a Rockefeller Republican, and five black US Representatives, two of which were this election. The Democrats record on black Senators isn't much better, standing at two, but they've elected scores of Representatives. They just do a better job of recruiting and electing black candidates to Federal office.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM

The 400/800 is not a tax break, but a reduction of paying social security premiums.

DMX... Do you understand the difference?

ChuckD
11-08-2010, 12:15 AM
The 400/800 is not a tax break, but a reduction of paying social security premiums.

DMX... Do you understand the difference?

Uh, no it's not. I watch my pay stub like a hawk, and the SSN deduction didn't change. My pay went up, my federal Income tax withholding went down.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Uh, no it's not. I watch my pay stub like a hawk, and the SSN deduction didn't change. My pay went up, my federal Income tax withholding went down.
I see you don't understand the difference.