PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul goes after MIC Spending

Nbadan
11-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Boner and McConnell just choked on their MIC sponsored souffles.....

Government spending is sure to be one of the biggest targets now that Republicans have won back the House, but there have been few details on exactly what programs will see their budgets slashed.

Senator-elect Rand Paul (R-KY) probably surprised some Republicans Sunday when he said he would be willing to cut military spending.

"Yes, yes," Paul responded when asked if he would vote for defense cuts. In doing so, he highlighted the libertarian streak among some of the candidates propelled to office by the tea party movement. Like his father, Ron Paul, Rand Paul is considered to be at the libertarian end of the GOP's political spectrum, and libertarians have long been calling for a scaling back of US military ambitions.

In that respect, the new Congress could see some infighting among traditional Republican war-hawks and those seeking to do battle with the deficit.

Rawstory (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/rand-paul-gop-military-spending-cuts/)

Hope Paul isn't going anywhere on any small planes soon...

Yonivore
11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Boner and McConnell just choked on their MIC sponsored souffles.....

Rawstory (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/rand-paul-gop-military-spending-cuts/)

Hope Paul isn't going anywhere on any small planes soon...
As I was saying in another thread, Tea Party Candidate <> Republican Candidate.

There is a difference.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Net result, no cuts in military spending.

Unless the tea nonparty candidates vote with Democrats.

Which they probably won't.

Therefore Tea = Republican.

Stringer_Bell
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
As I was saying in another thread, Tea Party Candidate <> Republican Candidate.

There is a difference.

I think the Paul's themselves are the exceptions. Quit giving credit to people just because they have a (T) at the end of their name. O'Donnell, Angle, and Miller would have voted in line with the rest of the GOP because they don't bite the hands that feed.

Or maybe...you think the majority of "Tea Party Candidates" get their money/exposure from word of mouth and grassroots rallies? :rollin

boutons_deux
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM
nothing's going to change, Paul is just blowin smoke up tea bagger's asses. The MIC will buy him off like a $10 whore.

I guarantee that tea baggers don't want ANY MIC cuts that would fall in their districts.

Galileo
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
nothing's going to change, Paul is just blowin smoke up tea bagger's asses. The MIC will buy him off like a $10 whore.

I guarantee that tea baggers don't want ANY MIC cuts that would fall in their districts.

The Paul Political Dynasty cannot be bought.

boutons_deux
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Paul Political Dynasty

has not passed, written?, any legislation that moves the country towards their fringe ideals. They won't, they can't, not enough votes, not enough seniority.

boutons_deux
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Revealed: Rand Paul reverses on core campaign pledge before even taking office

In an interview published over the weekend with the Wall Street Journal, Paul signaled a major backtrack on a core campaign promise: cutting federal earmarks. The promise is a hallmark of Republican candidates of all stripes, who advocate that a smaller government is in the national interest and that money doled out for special progress is tantamount to backroom dealing.

===

As I've been saying all along, the ignorant, simplistic, bubba tea baggers were suckered into voting VRWC-financed candidates into office.

BlairForceDejuan
11-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Boehner and McConnell started pussing out on Earmarks the day after the elections.

clambake
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
they all do.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
He now avoids his dad's talk of shuttering the Federal Reserve and abolishing the income tax. In a bigger shift from his campaign pledge to end earmarks, he tells me that they are a bad "symbol" of easy spending but that he will fight for Kentucky's share of earmarks and federal pork, as long as it's doled out transparently at the committee level and not parachuted in in the dead of night. "I will advocate for Kentucky's interests," he says.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704353504575596591626268782.html

The only thing that surprised me is how quickly he became just another GOP member.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704353504575596591626268782.html

The only thing that surprised me is how quickly he became just another GOP member.
:greedy:greedy:greedy

Ryvin1
11-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I had so much hope for Rand being the Ron Paul 2.0, but I guess the book isn't written yet until we see what actions take place either way.

Parker2112
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
First, the mainstream media is biased against Rand. So you have to be cautious when stories come out trying to undermine his cred.

2nd, I think he still has the fed at the top of his list. Stay tuned, rather than write him off immediately after the election because of some bullshit by a MSM journalist.

And Boutons, you talk a big game, but what a huge irony that the one candidate that might bring actual change you have him written off as unable to secure enough votes. If you cant support third parties when you and I both know the two parties are "fucked and unfuckable," you are nothing more than a fucking windbag buddy.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2010, 02:27 PM
First, the mainstream media is biased against Rand. So you have to be cautious when stories come out trying to undermine his cred.It was an interview. If Paul didn't say those things, he should be suing right now.

2nd, I think he still has the fed at the top of his list. Stay tuned, rather than write him off immediately after the election because of some bullshit by a MSM journalist.Heroes let you down.

FailureNotAnOption
11-08-2010, 02:30 PM
First, the mainstream media is biased against Rand. So you have to be cautious when stories come out trying to undermine his cred.

2nd, I think he still has the fed at the top of his list. Stay tuned, rather than write him off immediately after the election because of some bullshit by a MSM journalist.

How deliciously vague of you. Is that really all you can come up with when someone legitimately criticizes a politician you support?

I think Chump's estimation is dead-on, personally. Rand Paul's quickly established himself as "Just-another-GOPer."

And Boutons, you talk a big game, but what a huge irony that the one candidate that might bring actual change you have him written off as unable to secure enough votes. If you cant support third parties when you and I both know the two parties are "fucked and unfuckable," you are nothing more than a fucking windbag buddy.

I think you'd know a bit about being a windbag. Between Boutons, Homeland Security, and you, this board has plenty of hot, useless air (or keystrokes).

BlairForceDejuan
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
That's too bad. I thought he'd bring the machine down with the blood of The Ron running through his veins.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
<Congressman of your choice> takes earmarks because he believes it's a way to return tax money to his constituents for projects they want

ChumpDumper
11-09-2010, 04:29 AM
:lol

boutons_deux
11-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Supporting a US 3rd party is like supporting virginity for Hollywood starlet wannabes.

Ron Paul ain't done shit in his career, and his spawn Ayn Paul ain't gonna do shit, either.

johnsmith
11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Supporting a US 3rd party is like supporting virginity for Hollywood starlet wannabes. Ummm, what?
Ron Paul ain't done shit in his career, and his spawn Ayn Paul ain't gonna do shit, either.
What have you done for your country today boutons?

Galileo
11-09-2010, 01:28 PM
ron paul takes earmarks because he believes it's a way to return tax money to his constituents for projects they want

Ron Paul does not take any earmark money. The money is earmarked to the public as allocated by law. Ron Paul is paid a salary according to law for his work. He is not paid with earmark money.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Ron Paul does not take any earmark money. The money is earmarked to the public as allocated by law. Ron Paul is paid a salary according to law for his work. He is not paid with earmark money.Damn, you're stupid.

PublicOption
11-10-2010, 06:09 AM
If Rand Paul goes back to what his Dad thinks and away from the Neocons trying to hijack him....the country will be better for it.

boutons_deux
11-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Both Pauls are irrelevant. They aren't enough votes to pass legislation, and what major legislation had Ron Paul written or influenced?

How many time has Ron Paul voted with Repugs vs with Dems?

Parker2112
11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Both Pauls are irrelevant. They aren't enough votes to pass legislation, and what major legislation had Ron Paul written or influenced?

How many time has Ron Paul voted with Repugs vs with Dems?

How does it happen that we finally have someone willing to take on MIC, and Boutons could give a shit?

Boutons watch your fucking step, because your about to show your short and curlies (Im a brainwashed sheep/liberal talkbox with no agenda other than to bash the right, who is just as full-o'-shit as the neocons that ruined the world).

boutons_deux
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
The Pauls, and everybody taking on the MIC, are tilting at windmills.

GFY

Parker2112
11-10-2010, 12:09 PM
The Pauls, and everybody taking on the MIC, are tilting at windmills.

GFY

Because you are so partisan/biased/brainwashed, you are already fucking yourself.

The battle will be fought sooner or later. you might as well advocate sooner, while there is still some lifeblood left in the US. Otherwise you concede defeat as a fucked sheep.

BlairForceDejuan
11-10-2010, 12:30 PM
It's blatantly obvious that boutons is a planted GOP operative sent to bash Sir Paul I and aid the Neo-cons.

Parker2112
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
It's blatantly obvious that boutons is a planted GOP operative sent to bash Sir Paul I and aid the Neo-cons.

Boutons is still in the fantasy world of good guys/bad guys.

boutons_deux
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
You naive assholes believe the fantasy that America is not fucked, that it can be improved, that it's not in permanent decline from within.

The MIC, as a major player in the VRWC, is untouchable, invincible.

Parker2112
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
You naive assholes believe the fantasy that America is not fucked, that it can be improved, that it's not in permanent decline from within.

The MIC, as a major player in the VRWC, is untouchable, invincible.

America is fucked.

But one way or another, the ticks will fall away. We might as well start severing limbs, because the option is ticks crawling from a dead carcass.

Parker2112
11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
besides if you put enough pressure on the corruption (fed, MIC, corrupt politicians), at least it will have to reveal itself. And then you might have enough public support to make a difference.

I think if the Pauls chase these squirrels long enough, Obama will reveal himself as a made man. I think that will open a lot of people's eyes. I think thats the whole fucking point, Boutons. Wake the fuck up.

Blake
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Boutons is still in the fantasy world of good guys/bad guys.

Is that different from the fantasy world where evil corporations poison Americans with fluoride?

Winehole23
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
(Might as well start severing limbs to prevent tick infestation.)

Parker2112
11-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Is that different from the fantasy world where evil corporations poison Americans with fluoride?

Imaginary? Do you have fluoride in your water or not? Do corporations do evil shit? Is fluoride a poison?

Try again bud. (damn that was easy! :lol)

Blake
11-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Imaginary? Do you have fluoride in your water or not? Do corporations do evil shit? Is fluoride a poison?

Try again bud. (damn that was easy! :lol)

very easy and pretty funny.

I'll definitely try again when the opportunity presents itself.

boutons_deux
11-11-2010, 06:38 AM
We'll see soon enough if the tea bagger extremist can deliver:

Rift between McConnell, Paul over earmarks reflects debate within GOP

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Sen. Jim DeMint are headed for a showdown vote next week on earmarks. The vote will be the first post-election test of Tea Party lawmakers’ ability to deliver on their hard-line campaign pledges.

The issue is already splitting Republicans.

DeMint, a South Carolina Republican elected to his second term last week, said he will force an internal vote among incoming GOP senators Tuesday on freezing all requests for spending earmarks, which legislators seek to pay for pet projects in their home states.

http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/11/10/rift-between-mcconnell-paul-over-earmarks-reflects-debate-within-gop/

Insane Bachmann has already dropped her bid to run something.