PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brooks out two weeks with ankle sprain

Ari Gold
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Looks like the Rockets' losing streak will continue. Lol Lowry is already of cuz of back spasms. Lee is going to have to some PG. :lol

Hooks
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Shouldn't have jumped onto Manu's foot.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2010, 06:31 PM
You know I thought he'd be out for a lot longer judging by how the injury looked on the replay. Hopefully he gets back soon :tu

Kai
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Time to trade for Chris Paul.

baseline bum
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Time to trade for Chris Paul.

Trade what? The banners from the mid 90s and the one from taking the Lakers to 7 in 09?

Indazone
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
you watch, this will be a blessing in disguise cause now we will go up on the defensive side.

Iceman101
11-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Shouldn't have jumped onto Manu's foot.

Who the fuck tries to take a charge with 2 seconds on the clock and a half-court prayer, and slides right under brooks? He might not have intended to be dirty, but that was a cheap and petty play

baseline bum
11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Iceman101
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
you watch, this will be a blessing in disguise cause now we will go up on the defensive side.

You're retarded. Brooks goes out, and that somehow helps the team defense?

noob cake
11-07-2010, 09:21 PM

We are winning for some reason tonight

Indazone
11-07-2010, 09:28 PM
It's the T-Pups...nuff said.

Stump
11-07-2010, 09:59 PM
It's the T-Pups...nuff said.
Regardless, a win is a win. Congrats to Houston.

lefty
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Tank the season

BlairForceDejuan
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Who the fuck tries to take a charge with 2 seconds on the clock and a half-court prayer, and slides right under brooks? He might not have intended to be dirty, but that was a cheap and petty play

lmao! Manu postured up for a charge 4 feet in front of Brooks and to the right. Brooks went up early for the shot and momentum carried him that four feet and directly on top of Manu's foot. Manu's foot remained stationary from the point before Brooks left the ground and if you watch the replay you will see Manu was looking at the basket by the time Brooks started to come back down.

Who takes a charge with two seconds left to go in a half? Europeans/South Americans. Two seconds left is plenty time to look for a flop.

Iceman101
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
lmao! Manu postured up for a charge 4 feet in front of Brooks and to the right. Brooks went up early for the shot and momentum carried him that four feet and directly on top of Manu's foot. Manu's foot remained stationary from the point before Brooks left the ground and if you watch the replay you will see Manu was looking at the basket by the time Brooks started to come back down.

Who takes a charge with two seconds left to go in a half? Europeans/South Americans. Two seconds left is plenty time to look for a flop.

Brooks did go up early for the shot like you said, but Manu wasn't already posted up for the charge, Manu saw it and went for the charge. Point is, you just don't be that reckless when another player is in the air

gpwqIQaGFmg

miserableman
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
it looks like brooks is at fault. he should look to see where he is landing and should've took off on both feet and land on both feet.

Iceman101
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
it looks like brooks is at fault. he should look to see where he is landing and should've took off on both feet and land on both feet.

So everyone who takes a halfcourt shot at the end of the half are at fault because they don't look to see where they land? The defensive player needs to know when to take a charge and when not to. In this case, and every case really, you go for the block or just put a hand up

miserableman
11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Anyone playing basketball should be cognizant of where you land. Manu was running towards Brooks to play help defense cause his two teammates got beat. His right foot was already at the spot where Brooks landed before Brooks jumped cause he slid by dragging his left leg and closing his feet together. So if he, instead, stayed with his legs apart, Brooks would've landed on it regardless of Manu trying to take a charge.

I'm no Manu or Spurs lover. I have no stake in this. Just calling it as I see it.

TheManFromAcme
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
We are winning for some reason tonight

In depth analysis at its best

Indazone
11-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Brooks is out. Lowry is out. Ishmail Smith takes over the pg. Instant chemistry and Ish plays better defense than Brooks. Rockets destroy the T-Wolves.

hater
11-08-2010, 02:55 PM
So everyone who takes a halfcourt shot at the end of the half are at fault because they don't look to see where they land? The defensive player needs to know when to take a charge and when not to. In this case, and every case really, you go for the block or just put a hand up

you must not know Manu. He plays 100% until the buzzer goes off. that's Manu.

Indazone
11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh and this...from The Bleacher Report

I daresay that Ish Smith is a few knots faster than Aaron Brooks. And not only is he faster, he has superior ball-handling skills. Smith managed to initiate fast breaks even after the Timberwolves had scored. As someone pointed out on the Red94 chat room, Ish Smith seemed to move with extra pace whereas everyone else appeared to be caught in a slow motion replay.

His stat line does not look impressive—seven points, six assists and four boards in 42 minutes of action—but his plus/minus of plus-24 demonstrates how well he ran the offense. Not only that, but Smith would easily have a few more assists if Jordan Hill had knocked down fast-break layups after getting fouled.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/511834-houston-rockets-review-2010-ish-smith-leads-rockets-over-struggling-twolves

Giuseppe
11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
you must not know Manu. He plays 100% until the buzzer goes off. that's Manu.

He's one of perhaps a handful of consciousless entities in the league.

Brazil
11-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I hope brooks will come back quickly... it was an unfortunate accident

Iceman101
11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Brooks is out. Lowry is out. Ishmail Smith takes over the pg. Instant chemistry and Ish plays better defense than Brooks. Rockets destroy the T-Wolves.

You say that as if the T-Wolves aren't worse than us, and as if with Brooks we still wouldn't have destroyed them. :lmao

The Franchise
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Anyone playing basketball should be cognizant of where you land. Manu was running towards Brooks to play help defense cause his two teammates got beat. His right foot was already at the spot where Brooks landed before Brooks jumped cause he slid by dragging his left leg and closing his feet together. So if he, instead, stayed with his legs apart, Brooks would've landed on it regardless of Manu trying to take a charge.

I'm no Manu or Spurs lover. I have no stake in this. Just calling it as I see it.

You need to look at the video again. I don't think Ginobili meant any harm, but he slid under Aaron Brooks after he had already jumped.

miserableman
11-08-2010, 03:50 PM
You need to look at the video again. I don't think Ginobili meant any harm, but he slid under Aaron Brooks after he had already jumped.

Brooks landed on Manu's right foot. The foot that's sliding is his left foot which means the right one was planted before Brooks took off. It's impossible to slide both feet.

EJFischer
11-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Looks like the Rockets' losing streak will continue.

I disagree. Over the first 4 games Brooks's WP48 was a terrible -0.020. Getting injured was a sucky way for it to happen, but the Rockets needed him to play less. They should improve with him on the sidelines.