PDA

View Full Version : Nash's Post-Game Comments

silverandblackreign
05-23-2005, 09:50 AM
So all year long the media have been asking Nash and the Suns if they could keep up the run-and-gun pace with the starters logging astronomical minutes, and virtually no bench depth for relief. All year long Nash has been saying, "this is how we play, we are conditioned for this, we dont get fatigued etc..."

So - after the Suns get it handed to them on their home court in Game 1, one of the first things out of Nash's mouth in the post-game on NBA TV was "I think we got a little fatigued/mentally fatigued in the 4th qtr...."...wahhh, wahhhh, wahhh...so which one is it Suns? Do you or dont you get fatigued?, or was just the best excuse you could hide behind?

I just had to turn his mug OFF..........

Jimcs50
05-23-2005, 09:54 AM
So all year long the media have been asking Nash and the Suns if they could keep up the run-and-gun pace with the starters logging astronomical minutes, and virtually no bench depth for relief. All year long Nash has been saying, "this is how we play, we are conditioned for this, we dont get fatigued etc..."

So - after the Suns get it handed to them on their home court in Game 1, one of the first things out of Nash's mouth in the post-game on NBA TV was "I think we got a little fatigued/mentally fatigued in the 4th qtr...."...wahhh, wahhhh, wahhh...so which one is it Suns? Do you or dont you get fatigued?, or was just the best excuse you could hide behind?

I told you this already. There was no way that the Suns would not be mentally drained after that series with Dallas, where they had to come back to win game 6 in OT.

This was why I said it was a Spurs' lock to win game 1.

Look at Dallas in game 1 at Phoenix after the 7 game series against the Rockets, same thing.

It is normal and natural to have a mental letdown uder those circumstances.

that being said, it shoed great character by Phoenix to come back in 2nd Q, and not quit, like Dallas did in game 1 of their series.

I expect Phoenix to play better tomorrow night.

silverandblackreign
05-23-2005, 10:01 AM
I think its more of BS excuse - I mean come on - these guys are profesionals and I REALLY doubt they get "mentally drained" like we the fans think they do....once they step on the court - it's GAME TIME!

The real point of the story is that now PHX is playing against a team that will contest Nash and other shots in the lane - no more freebies like against Memphis and Dallas...

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I'll give Nash the benefit of the doubt. Unlike most of Spurs opponents in the playoffs, Nash doesn't have a reputation for making excuses. My recollection of the Spurs wins over the Mavs was that he took it like a man there.

johnny00
05-23-2005, 10:07 AM
When Horry stole the inbounds pass by Nash in the 4th,you knew Steve was fatigued, that pass was lazy.

spurschick
05-23-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't know if I read it as a BS excuse as much as a statement of fact. For the most part, Phoenix simply hasn't gone up against good defense like they are now. Most teams play either good offense or good defense, not both like the Spurs. It's no doubt that the Suns were fatigued physically by having to play that hard for 48 minutes, and mentally by trying to figure out how the hell they're going to win.

waly.mg
05-23-2005, 10:13 AM
The Suns only play 24 minutes in each game

Only when the team is in the offense

They play when they are in offense and they rest when they are in deffense

Jimcs50
05-23-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't know if I read it as a BS excuse as much as a statement of fact. For the most part, Phoenix simply hasn't gone up against good defense like they are now. Most teams play either good offense or good defense, not both like the Spurs. It's no doubt that the Suns were fatigued physically by having to play that hard for 48 minutes, and mentally by trying to figure out how the hell they're going to win.

Most teams can play good defense and offense at times, but the Spurs play good defense all the time. That is the difference betw the Spurs and other Phoenix opponents. Phoenix is not used to having to play great offense on every possession. It is mentally draining to play on your toes for 48 mins, w/o taking possessions off here and there. When teams do that, SA can and will make long runs on you. Same with Phoenix, if you get lazy, they can hurt you with 12 quick points.

The Spurs are without a doubt the toughest team to play against, because they do not relax at any time.

maxpower
05-23-2005, 10:23 AM

You are reaching. The world does not run on absolutes. Of course he feels that running and gunning is how they play and how they win and i'm sure there are games when they feel they can run all night long. However there is no shame in getting tired. It happens. It would be ludicrous to take what he said earlier in the season as stone hard truth.

silverandblackreign
05-23-2005, 10:27 AM
I just see all of those earlier comments in the year as rather cocky, and now thay are down ...its the first thing he brings up - give me a break.

waly.mg
05-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Almost all the players know to score but very few know to defend
Until Bruce Bowen can score, but Steve Nash cannot defend

stéphane
05-23-2005, 12:00 PM
I watched the press conference but I'm french... What I understood was not an excuse.
What I heard was Nash stating that the difference between a contender and a champion is that when a champion is fatigued when comes the 4th Q he fights through it and his concentration never go down and stated that they didn't stay focused and didn't fight enough the fatigue. Where do you see an excuse in it? He just explains a fact.
Give Nash a breack you've listened too much to Ray Ray and G. Karl.

maxpower
05-23-2005, 12:28 PM
I watched the press conference but I'm french... What I understood was not an excuse.
What I heard was Nash stating that the difference between a contender and a champion is that when a champion is fatigued when comes the 4th Q he fights through it and his concentration never go down and stated that they didn't stay focused and didn't fight enough the fatigue. Where do you see an excuse in it? He just explains a fact.
Give Nash a breack you've listened too much to Ray Ray and G. Karl.
:tu
my thoughts...i think some fans are too eager to disrespect opponents.

From the little post game I've seen, the Suns have thus far been tons classier than the previous two Spurs opponents. :fro

So best to concentrate on what the Spurs are doing well.

boutons
05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
"tons classier than the previous two Spurs opponents."

But the classiness threshold was very low. :)

The Suns, and even their trolls here, are a worthy, serious opponent (except for their chickenshit/Animal House owner, who will remain, imo, an eternal, embarrassing jackass).

Clandestino
05-23-2005, 12:37 PM
suns are picked by 4 next game.