PDA

View Full Version : For the record

Cry Havoc
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
I still have not played a single second of Modern Warfare 2. Didn't buy it, won't play it.

Anyone who doubted me on that can suck it. Some people actually follow through on what they say they're going to do.

z0sa
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Seriously, is the self-fellatio thread necessary? Why are you proud of hating and also being ignorant about that which you hate?

I guess I will use this thread for my own voice: For the record, the complaints on this game, other than PC gamer's legitimate technical gripes, are far overbearing, and overdone. It's 99% playable without bug or other issues. As for balance, that's certainly always up for debate, but I still don't see the vast array of problems the game supposedly possesses.

Cry Havoc
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Seriously, is the self-fellatio thread necessary? Why are you proud of hating and also being ignorant about what which you hate?

I'm making a point.

And yes, it's necessary when several people guaranteed me that I would buy it and play it.

I'm proud of disliking a game that was broken from the day it was released and totally crippled on PC. I'm proud of disliking Activision's business policies (they don't want to invest in a game unless it makes $100,000,000+).

This is not borne out of ignorance, but standards. Sorry it pisses you off so much that I don't run out and buy everything that hype tells me to.

z0sa
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Sorry it pisses you off so much that I don't run out and buy everything that hype tells me to.

Extremely faulty assumption. Where did I get "pissed off?" I just pointed out that you not liking or playing the game means all of jack shit. The "anti-hype" is just as pretentious as the hype (read: hipsters). The fact people challenged you is relative enough, I suppose.

This is not borne out of ignorance, but standards.

Not an attack on you, bro. Just making an observation. If you haven't actually played it, how exactly do you qualify your standards? I'm an individualist, myself; some games people hate, I am going to love, and vice versa.

Nathan Explosion
11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~rkhosla/cookie.jpg

Here you go. Now let's all move along. Nothing to see here.

Muser
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Damn you didn't buy a game, you're like a fucking warrior.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
:dramaquee

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Sad thread is sad.

Nathan Explosion
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM
I gave you a cake in my thread, but I wasn't sure everyone would see the gesture I made towards you, so I offer you this cake in your own thread to say congrats.

http://www.thetoyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/iphone_cake.jpg

MiamiHeat
11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
the people who complain aboitu MW2 are upset that they die too easily.

they are the tryhards who think they are the shit and get mad when they actually die to bullets or killstreak rewards.

booohooo, i cant go 21-2 in this game as easily as other games!!!

MW2 is a great game. a ton of fun and I grab Black ops too.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Extremely faulty assumption. Where did I get "pissed off?" I just pointed out that you not liking or playing the game means all of jack shit. The "anti-hype" is just as pretentious as the hype (read: hipsters). The fact people challenged you is relative enough, I suppose.

I heard more than once about how I would break down and buy the game after it came out even though I stated that I wanted no part of it.

Not an attack on you, bro. Just making an observation. If you haven't actually played it, how exactly do you qualify your standards? I'm an individualist, myself; some games people hate, I am going to love, and vice versa.

I've watched it on console. It looks like a decent game, nothing more. Basically an extension of MW1, but with more gimmicks involved to get killstreaks. 3-4 years ago it would have set standards, instead of just going along with more of the same. I still think MW1 is better, as it's far more balanced. And what they did to the PC side of it was completely ridiculous and unnecessary.

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~rkhosla/cookie.jpg

Here you go. Now let's all move along. Nothing to see here.

I'm shocked you didn't come into the thread to tell me that you have no idea about MW2, but that your iPhone is an amazing device and you're glad you bought one. :lol

Cry Havoc
11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
the people who complain aboitu MW2 are upset that they die too easily.

they are the tryhards who think they are the shit and get mad when they actually die to bullets or killstreak rewards.

booohooo, i cant go 21-2 in this game as easily as other games!!!

MW2 is a great game. a ton of fun and I grab Black ops too.

I would say it's far easier to go on a huge killstreak in MW2 than it is in MW1, judging by watching my half-brother play it. He was always good at MW1, usually in the 2.5:1 range, but in MW2 he goes on killstreaks left and right because the system props up people who get a few kills.

Again, I never said MW2 is a horrible game. I just have no desire to play it because there are a number of reasons which still make the previous game superior IMO. An FPS with no dedicated servers and no custom mods? That seriously shortens the lifespan of the game, which is why I'd rather spend my money and time elsewhere.

stretch
11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
:cry :cry the game isnt made the way i want it :cry so im going to boycott :cry and hope they hear me out :cry :cry :cry

gmafb :rolleyes

Cry Havoc
11-09-2010, 02:12 PM
:cry :cry the game isnt made the way i want it :cry so im going to boycott :cry and hope they hear me out :cry :cry :cry

gmafb :rolleyes

On the contrary, I don't expect much at all to be done about it. I didn't actively boycott MW2, I just canceled my preorder and said I wasn't going to buy it. Several posters here called me out and said I'd buy it sooner or later.

And sadly, soon the MW series will be just like Madden.

BUMP
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
I still have not played a single second of Modern Warfare 2. Didn't buy it, won't play it.

Anyone who doubted me on that can suck it. Some people actually follow through on what they say they're going to do.

Is anybody supposed to care?

Nathan Explosion
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Is anybody supposed to care?

No. But he hasn't figured out that any attention "paid" to him is really for our own entertainment.

Nathan Explosion
11-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm shocked you didn't come into the thread to tell me that you have no idea about MW2, but that your iPhone is an amazing device and you're glad you bought one. :lol

Yeah because you've never gone into an iPhone thread talking about your Evo that has been rendered obsolete by the Epic. An Android phone that didn't even "rule" for a month.

Sense
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM
On the contrary, I don't expect much at all to be done about it. I didn't actively boycott MW2, I just canceled my preorder and said I wasn't going to buy it. Several posters here called me out and said I'd buy it sooner or later.

And sadly, soon the MW series will be just like Madden.

Who are these several posters you speak of?

I hate MW2 too, and I never bought the shit... but I really felt the need to make a thread about it..

Now if you would've called out the guys that called you on it with some quotes... then the thread would've been a little less gay

Nathan Explosion
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Now if you would've called out the guys that called you on it with some quotes... then the thread would've been a little less gay

No it wouldn't have.

stretch
11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
:cry :cry :cry

symple19
11-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Who are these several posters you speak of?

I hate MW2 too, and I never bought the shit... but I really felt the need to make a thread about it..

I was one of those who didn't buy it (however, I did play the single player campaign...heh heh). I only game on the PC, so not having dedicated servers was a huge no-go

Doesn't change the fact that this thread is mega-gay

The Reckoning
11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
shooters are pretty fuckin boring. i get tired of them after 3 or 4 days. point, shoot, die, repeat.

z0sa
11-13-2010, 04:53 PM
shooters are pretty fuckin boring. i get tired of them after 3 or 4 days. point, shoot, die, repeat.

There's a lot more game modes than "free for all", bro.

MavDynasty
11-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Lol attention whoring acting as if people care

Muser
11-13-2010, 05:41 PM

:lmao

symple19
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM

FPS games are third on my list behind Strategy and RPG titles, but there's certainly more to them than what you describe above.

The community aspect is underrated, and if you have a PC then you can play on the same servers and make friends so yo can team up and slaughter people in the many different modes. Add in teamspeak/Vent and it can be a shitload of fun.

Also, more and more shooter's are incorporating some form of character building, as well as weapon mods and achievements that give them much more replayability.

However, it may just not be your bag, in which case I understand

Lizard_King
03-07-2011, 01:14 PM
:rollin

Cry Havoc
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
:lol

stretch
03-07-2011, 05:34 PM
cry havoc crying

what else is new

IronMaxipad
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Fuck COD. Socom is where it's at.

Lizard_King
04-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Lizard_King
04-21-2011, 08:41 AM
cry havoc crying

what else is new

:tu

MannyIsGod
04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I just want to say, your trolling needs serious work. It didn't work a couple of weeks ago so I doubt its going to work today.

Lizard_King
04-23-2011, 05:42 PM
I just want to say, your trolling needs serious work. It didn't work a couple of weeks ago so I doubt its going to work today.