PDA

View Full Version : Chandler is back

sefant77
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
The game tonight was so 2008, amazing. Quick, active....

Looks like it was still a pretty decent pickup for the dust.

And maybe good bye to Butler allready, if the Mavs do a deadline trade it will be Butlers expiring and not Chandlers.

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Trading Chandler would have been stupid either way IMO, unless he was just horrible..the Mavs have the luxury of having enough size up front, in case they meet LA at some point..that's half the battle against LA..

Trading Butler and Terry seems like a no-brainer at this point..I don't really know who they could get though..

Ghazi
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Butler for Iggy straight up. Lets do it

Roddy Beaubois
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
.........until he gets hurt again

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Iguodala would be ideal from a physical standpoint, but I don't know if he would be the right fit, mentally..he isn't as interested as driving to the basket anymore, although a change of scenery might help..

sefant77
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Trading Butler and Terry seems like a no-brainer at this point..I don't really know who they could get though..

Well, with Butler and Stevenson they got their 15 million expirings. You never know what other teams will do, so just stay ready with the trade chips.

Im pretty sure the Sixers will change something if they dont get their stuff together soon.

sefant77
11-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Iguodala would be ideal from a physical standpoint, but I don't know if he would be the right fit, mentally..he isn't as interested as driving to the basket anymore, although a change of scenery might help..

Iggy is a wet dream. Butler+Jones+pick

Kidd/Terry
Roddy/Iggy/Terry
Iggy/Marion
Dirk
Chandler/Haywood

Kidd in transition with Roddy, Iggy and Chandler. Iggy able to play with Kidd and in worst case always able to give the ball to a true #1 option.

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I actually forgot Stevenson was on the team, ya, that's probably a better option than trading Terry..

Iggy to Dallas seems like the more realistic move, I don't know if it would put them over the top, but it's better than nothing..Mavs would be pretty stacked, although they would still have to deal with Carlisle and Barea..

BRHornet45
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
sons Ms. Ghazi is soaking wet right now

LkrFan
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Chandler is a catch and finish, weakside swatter type dude. He needs to be spoonfed and cannot generate offense on his own. I'm not sweating him. Either Gasol (by posting him up on the low block) or LO (who has legit 3pt range and is L handed) would school him. I'm guessing LO because y'all better put _irk on Pau (which is laughable because _irk sucks even worst at low post defense).

I don't foresee any reason why a Laker fan should "fear" the Mavs, tbh. Especially not because of 210 lb Tyson Chandler. :lol

Pelicans78
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Chandler can hold his own against Gasol. He's really good defensively, especially when healthy. Mavs won't have to double team Gasol too much with Chandler on the floor.

Giuseppe
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
O & Forever!

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2010, 01:45 AM
lol just wait till he gets injured...

whose ur 3rd string center?

dude1394
11-09-2010, 01:48 AM
lol just wait till he gets injured...

whose ur 3rd string center?

He'll probably get injured after Manu does.

Jose Canseco
11-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Haywood got a $40 million contract to be a 20 minute back-up.

Life is good for Brendan.

stretch
11-09-2010, 08:50 AM
it would be nice to do a trade for Iggy, but it may not be the best thing for the team. chemistry is extremely important as we saw last year.

the way Butler plays, he reminds me a lot of Stackhouse, someone who isnt what they used to be, but can still explode for 20 or 30 from time to time when they feel motivated, or their jumper is falling. he may be best suited to come off the bench, and play against opposing 2nd teamers to be more effective. If I were Carlisle, I would keep starting Terry at SG (sometimes Stevenson depending on the defensive matchup though), and Marion at SF. Roddy, Butler, and Haywood should be the main bench rotation.

La Mont
11-09-2010, 09:16 AM
it would be nice to do a trade for Iggy, but it may not be the best thing for the team. chemistry is extremely important as we saw last year.

the way Butler plays, he reminds me a lot of Stackhouse, someone who isnt what they used to be, but can still explode for 20 or 30 from time to time when they feel motivated, or their jumper is falling. he may be best suited to come off the bench, and play against opposing 2nd teamers to be more effective. If I were Carlisle, I would keep starting Terry at SG (sometimes Stevenson depending on the defensive matchup though), and Marion at SF. Roddy, Butler, and Haywood should be the main bench rotation.

Kidd of current version is not even half the defender he used to be a couple years ago. you have competent defense at Gs with Butler starting at the SG, at the very least, but you would get trounced if JET is started at SG instead. due to the lack of size and defensive awareness, JET is a defensive liability that should only be used when the other 4 on-court players all play good D to cover it up for him, that's why you should never play JET and JJB simultaneously on the court and why you always get curbstomped whenever you do play the combo there. In his prime years Kidd was a superb defender, in his first two years with Mavs he was just a fine defender, but presently his defense is mediocre and he is no smaller a liability than JET or JJB.

Phillip
11-09-2010, 09:23 AM
not sure what games you have been watching, but kidd most definitey provides a solid defensive presence on the court. he cant handle guys like CP3 but no one really can. his team defense and effort is amazing though. like i said, terry starts most of the time, but against teams like boston, lakers, and heat, may wanna start stevenson since they all have scoring threats at both PG and SG, as well as a big SG. but teams that only really have one serious scoring threat at the guard position, or two small guards, Terry should start.

LakaFan
11-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Chandler is a catch and finish, weakside swatter type dude. He needs to be spoonfed and cannot generate offense on his own. I'm not sweating him. Either Gasol (by posting him up on the low block) or LO (who has legit 3pt range and is L handed) would school him. I'm guessing LO because y'all better put _irk on Pau (which is laughable because _irk sucks even worst at low post defense).

I don't foresee any reason why a Laker fan should "fear" the Mavs, tbh. Especially not because of 210 lb Tyson Chandler. :lol

Yeah everyone on the Lakers is unstoppable. LO is deadly from 3pt. We winning the next 5yrs.

Halberto
11-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Carmelo would be nice, even if its for one year

Mike-in-brazil
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Tyson was solid last night if he stays healthy Mavs will make noise this year ,which can attract other talent around the league next season...
I would lower his min until Feb(after all star) ..that lowers his chances of being hurt...mavs are good enough to make playoffs with his min lower..

Ashy Larry
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Compton's Finest did play well .... hopefully he can stay healthy.

Mike-in-brazil
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
LOL @Larry
i know right L.A puts out shit load of nba clowns lol
Tyson chand
Richard jeff
tayshaun prince
paul pierce punk ass
baron davis
Gilber arenas

thats just off the head now its more
not going to do all of ca ..thats at least another 10...even ray allen LOL dude is from near the bay area funny man

dirk4mvp
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM

You do realize Dirk has made a career out of making Pau his personal bitch right?

lmao bottom of totem pole

Ashy Larry
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Just on that list you ran down, I already see two NBA Champions on there......

GuerillaBlack
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I actually forgot Stevenson was on the team, ya, that's probably a better option than trading Terry..

Iggy to Dallas seems like the more realistic move, I don't know if it would put them over the top, but it's better than nothing..Mavs would be pretty stacked, although they would still have to deal with Carlisle and Barea..

Why would Philly want Butler though? They want more than an expiring contract. Especially when they are trying to rebuild around Holiday and Turner.

stretch
11-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Why would Philly want Butler though? They want more than an expiring contract. Especially when they are trying to rebuild around Holiday and Turner.

maybe throw in some picks or Dominique Jones and Ajinca in there as well. what better offers look possible out there? what other teams could use Iggy on their roster, while having assets to give up that the Mavs have (cap space, picks, and youthful talent)

Mike-in-brazil
11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Just on that list you ran down, I already see two NBA Champions on there......

isn't it ironic how they both beat LA to get rings lol

YoungB
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
maybe throw in some picks or Dominique Jones and Ajinca in there as well. what better offers look possible out there? what other teams could use Iggy on their roster, while having assets to give up that the Mavs have (cap space, picks, and youthful talent)

Yeah, let's throw in one of our only 2 young talents as a trash filler, for absolutely no good reason at all. You know, just to make it a little more "fair" of a trade ;)

stretch
11-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah, let's throw in one of our only 2 young talents as a trash filler, for absolutely no good reason at all. You know, just to make it a little more "fair" of a trade ;)

if they wont accept Butler alone, but would accept Butler and Jones, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Iggy is still very young himself, and is also a proven player in the NBA, someone who can be effective at scoring inside, outside, rebounding, and passing. his athletic ability is sick, and he is a very good defender too.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the 6ers would give him up for cap relief..he's been on the trading block for almost 2 years now..at first, they tried to use him to move Brand, but it's pretty obvious that nobody will take that deal..

This year, they've been rumored to move him again, this time, alone(started with the Luol Deng rumors)..the 6ers are rebuilding, and they will have another high lottery pick next year either way, so it doesn't make sense to keep Iguodala, especially since he doesn't seem as interestes in playing there as he once was(based on his relative lack of effort at times)..

I highly doubt any team will give up any quality prospects for him, since most teams with quality prospects aren't contenders or fringe contenders, and why would any team want Iggy when they don't have potential title aspirations?..

Dallas' cap relief will be a good enough deal IMO..if they throw in a 1st, I'd say it's a lock..

sefant77
11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Butler, Jones and Ajinca for Iggy? I do it in a heartbeat. Add Noci and Stevenson and the Sixers have the biggest possible cap relief beside untradeable Brand.

Resign Chandler for ~7 a year and no one need Ajinca or Jones anyway

stretch
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
If the 76ers would take Butler straight up, I would also offer a 1st rounder if they will take Barea off our hands too. Getting him off the roster instantly makes the Mavericks a better basketball team.

GuerillaBlack
11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
if they wont accept Butler alone, but would accept Butler and Jones, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Iggy is still very young himself, and is also a proven player in the NBA, someone who can be effective at scoring inside, outside, rebounding, and passing. his athletic ability is sick, and he is a very good defender too.

The Rockets.

Butler and Jones? Houston could offer Battier (expiring), Jeffries (expiring); young talent in Jordan Hill, Budinger, Brooks (with the emergence of Ish Smith, Brooks is becoming expendable), Patrick Patterson, and Jermaine Taylor. The Rockets could also offer their right to swap with the Knicks in 2011, as well as the Knicks 2012 first round pick...not to mention the Rockets' own draft picks in those drafts. I think Houston could offer a better offer than Dallas, and not just because I'm a Rockets fan. :toast

sefant77
11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Battier and Jeffries have no resign/S&T value, Brooks has less value for the Sixers because they have Holiday as their future PG and Budinger/Hill/Patterson are average talents.

So wouldnt say hey can offer a much better package.

GuerillaBlack
11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Battier and Jeffries have no resign/S&T value, Brooks has less value for the Sixers because they have Holiday as their future PG and Budinger/Hill/Patterson are average talents.

So wouldnt say hey can offer a much better package.

But why would Philly even resign Butler, when they want to go young? Butler would hold the same values as Battier and Jeffries. And who is Philly going to sign and trade for anyway? Brooks has less value, but maybe the Sixers give up Lou Williams? You never know. And Budinger, Hill, Taylor, and Patterson are average talents? So, Jones for the Mavs is better? They'd take Jones over Budinger and Hill? Interesting.

sefant77
11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Sixers doesnt need Butler for rebuilding but if has a at least "normal" season then he has a higher S&T value than Battier and Jeffries for sure.

And i didnt say that Jones is a better talent than Budinger or Patterson, i just said thesy are average talents (and Jones is in best case an average talent).

And If Anthony lands until next summer in NY the 2012 pick is quickly just an average pick and nothing really great. Same with this season.

So sure the Rockets could pull a nice package together but i shouldnt overvalue every asset. Just that.

GuerillaBlack
11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Sixers doesnt need Butler for rebuilding but if has a at least "normal" season then he has a higher S&T value than Battier and Jeffries for sure.

But who are the Sixers going to sign and trade for? I don't think they will be looking to do that with anybody. They just want to acquire young talent around Holiday/Turner and more draft picks to help with that.

And i didnt say that Jones is a better talent than Budinger or Patterson, i just said thesy are average talents (and Jones is in best case an average talent).

And If Anthony lands until next summer in NY the 2012 pick is quickly just an average pick and nothing really great. Same with this season.

So sure the Rockets could pull a nice package together but i shouldnt overvalue every asset. Just that.

But Budinger is only an average talent now. He is still on a pretty cheap contract and has a high ceiling. Not to mention he has already shown that he can play in this league. Hill is the same way (look at his stat line the last game). There have been 13 NBA teams who have contacted the Rockets about Jermaine Taylor this season and he doesn't even play. Patterson was the lottery pick and I think he won't be traded if a trade does go down.

As far as the picks go, I think the Knicks will be a lottery team this year, so anything can happen there. For 2012, if Melo goes, the pick does lose value, but an extra first round pick only helps a team and not hurt, so it's not a worthless pick.

Mike-in-brazil
11-09-2010, 08:02 PM
i think rockets need a veteran and one more big man out side of yao no big men...they lack the most important things in the nba defense .. rebounding... and debt..let me repeat i mean QUALITY debt...

where is that ?...who does that ?..yao is like rain ..comes and goes..sometimes light lol.....shane is the only consistent defender on that team honestly...

everyone is talking about adding what rockets already have good ball players...

La Mont
11-09-2010, 08:50 PM
i think rockets need a veteran and one more big man out side of yao no big men...they lack the most important things in the nba defense .. rebounding... and debt..let me repeat i mean QUALITY debt...

where is that ?...who does that ?..yao is like rain ..comes and goes..sometimes light lol.....shane is the only consistent defender on that team honestly...

everyone is talking about adding what rockets already have good ball players...

with yao sidelined we still have a number of legit rebounders like chuck Hayes etc.... hayes works hard and grabs rebounds but he's often trounced by big opponents due in majority to his severe lack of size.

La Mont
11-09-2010, 08:56 PM
If the 76ers would take Butler straight up, I would also offer a 1st rounder if they will take Barea off our hands too. Getting him off the roster instantly makes the Mavericks a better basketball team.

and in return the 76ers will send back another midget trash who will carry it on and continue to be used mass minutes. someone should just cut JJB off the book rather than shed him to another team by losing a 1st rounder. Donnie should banish the moronic faggot coach as soon as possible but I doubt he will even consider doing so. Donnie will only hire another moron even if Carlisle is sacked, because Donnie only signs retarded staffs to make himself look somewhat legit.

Booharv
11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Lol Brendan Haywood beaten out by a one year rental

Zelophehad
11-10-2010, 04:39 PM

:tu I was so jacked when the Mavs dumped Najera. Some coaches have to be saved from themselves in terms of bench options, because they're solid otherwise but will just fuck themselves by playing shit players they like for whatever reason.

LkrFan
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
You do realize Dirk has made a career out of making Pau his personal bitch right?

lmao bottom of totem pole
We'll see. KG punked him in 2008. What happened last year? Exactly - Pau turned the tables on his ass. Same will happen with _irk... By the way, 2 rings (and counting :toast) > 0 faggot.

dude1394
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I think DJMBenga with his two rings is the difference maker!

sefant77
11-10-2010, 10:50 PM
bump

Looks like ~90% of his prime NO shape

La Mont
11-10-2010, 11:01 PM
bump

Looks like ~90% of his prime NO shape

TC got his career revived in dallas and we all know what magical potion it was.

Pelicans78
11-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I think DJMBenga with his two rings is the difference maker!

Of course he is. That's why the Hornets signed him.

stretch
11-11-2010, 09:06 AM
The Rockets.

Butler and Jones? Houston could offer Battier (expiring), Jeffries (expiring); young talent in Jordan Hill, Budinger, Brooks (with the emergence of Ish Smith, Brooks is becoming expendable), Patrick Patterson, and Jermaine Taylor. The Rockets could also offer their right to swap with the Knicks in 2011, as well as the Knicks 2012 first round pick...not to mention the Rockets' own draft picks in those drafts. I think Houston could offer a better offer than Dallas, and not just because I'm a Rockets fan. :toast

werent the rockets supposed to be like 80-2 this year according to yall? lol 1-6

houston doesnt have shit to offer

sribb43
11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
throwing in DoJo is not going to entice any team, he is not that good. He can't shoot from outside the paint to save his life and most of his shots get blocked at the him. If he can't learn to shoo, teams will back off of him and make him a huge liability on the floor

sefant77
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
bump again

Most underrated trade of the offseason because of the Dust hype?

I guess now they would just trade him for guys like Paul or Anthony. No way they would split the center combo for someone like Iggy.

sefant77
11-26-2010, 11:18 PM
BUMMMMMMMP

Screw Al Jefferson

Mav-elous Man
11-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Lol Brendan Haywood beaten out by a one year rental

Love your signature gif!!! That was kind of rude of Michael Knight but soooooo gangsta!!!

Mav-elous Man
11-27-2010, 01:42 AM
We'll see. KG punked him in 2008. What happened last year? Exactly - Pau turned the tables on his ass. Same will happen with _irk... By the way, 2 rings (and counting :toast) > 0 faggot.

If Dirk played with Kobe he would have rings by now too. Don't get it twisted. 2 rings or not, Dirk is better than Pau Gasol.