PDA

View Full Version : How well does Jason Garrett have to do to win the job?

PM5K
11-08-2010, 11:26 PM
It might not be possible either way, but just for the sake of argument, what kind of record does he have to have over the next eight games to keep his job?

DeadlyDynasty
11-08-2010, 11:30 PM
If he wins next week that's a great start

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-08-2010, 11:39 PM
As long as they're not blown out more often than they are, I think Jones will try to find an excuse to keep him, or at least be a major candidate next year.

eyeh8u
11-09-2010, 12:15 AM
1/0

Death In June
11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
JG will not win a game as the cowboys HC. The cowboys will go 1-15.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-09-2010, 01:18 AM
He will be lucky to find one win with that bunch of underachieving crap. Dez will find a way to carry them to one more win then make a list like Irvin did and give it to the next coach.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2010, 02:33 AM
From a financial standpoint, it's pretty likely that Garrett's the coach next year. Jerry has to pay Wade for a while and already has JG under contract. He's probably not likely to pay a third coach once the CBA's signed. He also probably has to fire Garrett; I think Wade was the only dumbass that would accept a head coaching gig with part of the staff already there. That's two guys he's paying big money to who wouldn't actually be there. Just doesn't seem likely.

For the sake of the hypothetical, they have to not look like Wade's Cowboys at any time the rest of the season. I don't really think their record will make that much difference if it's clear that everyone's selling out and playing their asses off. If that lump of collective shit that's come out there the last two games tries to show up, expect Dave Wannstedt's phone to start ringing.