PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Sight in Football

FoxPerez
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Think that the NFL is in the wrong by fining and suspending players for helmet-to-helmet hits? Well, hopefully you don't have to watch one of your favorite players take a dangerous shot to the head to convince you otherwise.

Read the full article here: http://tinyurl.com/3xtl5tu

Some people won't get on board with a cause until it directly affects them. All across the spectrum, from minor sports rules changes to major political causes, this holds true. I was on board with the NFL beginning to heavily fine and suspend players for vicious helmet-to-helmet hits. While I cringed at the sight of some of those hits in previous weeks, particularly those delivered by James Harrison, last night it hit a little closer to home and I found myself hoping that no NFL fan would have to experience that feeling. Hopefully it doesn't take more of these types of hits for every fan, player, and coach to get on board with the way the rules are being enforced.

Sunday night, I watched in horror as Roy Williams took a shot to the back of his helmet from Nick Collins. Everything was wrong with that play: the sound of the hit, the way Williams fell lifelessly onto the field, and the way he stayed with his head down in the seconds after the collision...

For the full article, click here: http://tinyurl.com/3xtl5tu

Warlord23
11-09-2010, 02:05 PM
All your posts on this forum are basically spam messages to get more clicks on your shitty site. :td BTW, these are some of the asinine statements you made earlier on your blog:

... the Cowboys are finally moving up in the NFL power rankings is because Jerry Jones has stopped looking for a quick fix and started building from the ground up again.

Offensively, Dallas is more dangerous.

Dallas should win the NFC East like they did last year.

So I’m calling it, the Dallas Cowboys will win the Super Bowl this year. Get ready Cowboys Nation, it’s going to be a fun ride.

Have you considered stand-up comedy as an alternative career yet?

monosylab1k
11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
if you don't like headhunting and helmet to helmet hits, then you're a pussy who thinks the NFL needs to change to two hand touch

DeadlyDynasty
11-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I hate James Harrison :cry

How'd you like that Harrison hit to win the game yesterday...was that dirty too?:tu

Prodigal
11-09-2010, 03:11 PM
The Harrison hit on Shipley was textbook and clean; if he hit like that all of the time, no one would have an issue with him. The problem is, he doesn't...the guy is as dirty of a hitter as they come.

FoxPerez
11-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for reading, Warlord!

So do you guys really enjoy seeing players lying down on the field after taking a senseless helmet-to-helmet hit? Would you guys prefer to go back to the days where the players don't wear helmets anymore? Will you be happiest when someone dies on the field?

I don't think this should become a two-hand touch game, but I think if the hits are cleaner and players take the (always have been) illegal leading-with-the-helmet hits away from the game, then the best players are going to stay on the field and provide a more entertaining game for everyone.

gaKNOW!blee
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
How'd you like that Harrison hit to win the game yesterday...was that dirty too?:tu

you're kind of making his point....what he did yesterday is what you are SUPPOSED to do and it still made him drop it and won the game for them.

so whats the point of being a dirty little bitch and leading with your head?

DeadlyDynasty
11-09-2010, 03:44 PM
you're kind of making his point....what he did yesterday is what you are SUPPOSED to do and it still made him drop it and won the game for them.

so whats the point of being a dirty little bitch and leading with your head?

maybe if the offensive players wouldn't duck their head at the point of impact it wouldn't be such an issue. Austin Collie had a freak concussion on sunday when he was tackled by 2 players. I think the NFL should ban gang-tackling, for it's bound to happen again...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for reading, Warlord!

So do you guys really enjoy seeing players lying down on the field after taking a senseless helmet-to-helmet hit? Would you guys prefer to go back to the days where the players don't wear helmets anymore? Will you be happiest when someone dies on the field?

I don't think this should become a two-hand touch game, but I think if the hits are cleaner and players take the (always have been) illegal leading-with-the-helmet hits away from the game, then the best players are going to stay on the field and provide a more entertaining game for everyone.

I do enjoy players lying on the field after the defender makes a solid play. I also hope they get up.

And actually, wearing no helmets would do more to solve this "problem" than any fine or suspension would ever do.

And if the NFL really gives a shit, then why aren't they pushing to make those new anti-concussion helmets mandatory?

gaKNOW!blee
11-09-2010, 05:13 PM
maybe if the offensive players wouldn't duck their head at the point of impact it wouldn't be such an issue. Austin Collie had a freak concussion on sunday when he was tackled by 2 players. I think the NFL should ban gang-tackling, for it's bound to happen again...

lol yeah its Cribbs fault that Harrison is a dirty bitch.

FoxPerez
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Here's one thing I'm happy about: no matter what side you're on with this issue, it appears that everyone thinks that the NFL should mandate helmets that significantly reduce the chance of sustaining concussions.

The Collie hit was clean. I'm not saying that helmet-to-helmet shots aren't going to happen. The NFL has ruled on some hits, like Collie's, that it was inadvertent. But when you launch with your helmet like James Harrison does or like Nick Collins did at Roy Williams, it's illegal and you're going to get fined. It's ALWAYS been illegal. Nothing NEW has been added to the rule book. They just made the punishment harsher and told the refs to enforce the rule more.

The helmet was made as a form of protection, not to be used as a weapon. At some point, players started using bad form and starting breaking a rule that has always existed in regards to the use of the helmet as a weapon. When a defensive player launches himself toward someone, leading with his helmet, it's not a "solid play," it's illegal and always has been.

11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Here's one thing I'm happy about: no matter what side you're on with this issue, it appears that everyone thinks that the NFL should mandate helmets that significantly reduce the chance of sustaining concussions.

The Collie hit was clean. I'm not saying that helmet-to-helmet shots aren't going to happen. The NFL has ruled on some hits, like Collie's, that it was inadvertent. But when you launch with your helmet like James Harrison does or like Nick Collins did at Roy Williams, it's illegal and you're going to get fined. It's ALWAYS been illegal. Nothing NEW has been added to the rule book. They just made the punishment harsher and told the refs to enforce the rule more.

The helmet was made as a form of protection, not to be used as a weapon. At some point, players started using bad form and starting breaking a rule that has always existed in regards to the use of the helmet as a weapon. When a defensive player launches himself toward someone, leading with his helmet, it's not a "solid play," it's illegal and always has been.

So it's only the defense? Crack back blocks have helmet contact consistently, have you ever heard of a defender getting that call? And I'm not talking about the Hines Ward calls, either.

What about returns? Have they called for any suspensions or fines from devastating blocks that had helmet contact?

Why not?

11-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Here's an example:

Keller went in motion from a slot receiver position and completely blindsided Avril at left defensive end, with Keller driving his helmet straight into Avril's earhole. Keller hit him so hard that Avril actually flew between Jets guard Brandon Moore and Lions tackle Ndamukong Suh who were locked in hand-to-hand combat at the line.

JoeTait75
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't particularly care if Harrison does or doesn't lead with his helmet or clean out defenseless receivers.

I just want my fifteen-yard penalty when it happens.

DeadlyDynasty
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't particularly care if Harrison does or doesn't lead with his helmet or clean out defenseless receivers.

I just want my fifteen-yard penalty when it happens.

Absolutely.

leemajors
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
So it's only the defense? Crack back blocks have helmet contact consistently, have you ever heard of a defender getting that call? And I'm not talking about the Hines Ward calls, either.

What about returns? Have they called for any suspensions or fines from devastating blocks that had helmet contact?

Why not?

Jaworski brought that up on PTI a month or so ago, and it's a very good point. They should enforce it in all phases of the game, or none at all.

11-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I mean, it's rather silly to think only defensive players can target the head or lead with their helmet.

I don't pay much attention to all the new rules, like hitting a defenseless WR when he has the ball in his hands.

They still allow cut blocks, don't they? How many defensive players get their knees blown up on a yearly basis because they've been cut? Player safety my dick.

They're micro-managing and ruining the game. I don't know what a catch is or what a good defensive play is any more.

Pryor gets fined for a textbook hit on Favre. Eagles draw that flag for playing sound defensive football. Twice, if you count touching Manning's helmet. CJ gets a sure TD taken away by some obscure rule not even written into the rulebook.

It really makes the game hard to watch.

J.T.
11-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Will you be happiest when someone dies on the field?

I'm actually holding out on Tracy Porter dying on the field at some point in his career.

11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't even blame the officials. It's how the NFL wants the games called:

Game officials unsure of whether to throw a flag on a particular play, the guide reads, "should lean toward player safety and call the foul."

That's just fucking stupid.

MannyIsGod
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
No shit, how does a post hit flag even help the player? Oh shit my concussion is all better because of that magic yellow flag!

BTW no one noticed the OP said his favorite player was Roy Williams?

11-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Maybe he should follow one of his favorite players a little closer:

"Commissioner Goodell, don't fine the guy," Williams said. "It wasn't that bad of a deal, he shouldn't get fined. It was a football play, a football player making a football play. No injury, no harm."

pawe
11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
If they dont like to get hit, retire and dont play football. Dont ruin this for the fans. I may sound selfish and insensitive but Im not the one who chose this lifestyle.

I dont want these monster LBs going after my WR/RBs knees TBH

FoxPerez
11-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Pawe, that works both ways. If players on either side of the ball don't want to play by the rules and want to use their helmets as weapons on the field, then THEY should retire as well. It's by no means any players RIGHT to play in the NFL. If they want to whine about officials enforcing a rule that's always been there, then let them quit.

monosylab1k
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
How many defensive players get their knees blown up on a yearly basis because they've been cut? Player safety my dick.

A blown out knee doesn't turn you into a mentally unstable suicide risk with oatmeal for brains when you're 35.

Jose Canseco
11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I completely understand trying to protect players from serious injury, but at some point too much is too much. There's a reason NFL players make millions and millions of dollars. It's a violent sport and they are risking major injury when they step out on the football field. I feel much, much worse for NFL players in the past who didn't make the type of money they make now and have to live with major health problems because of these things. But players now, a good majority of them are set for life financially. Even minimum salary guys make around $300,000 for the season.

I think part of the appeal of football is from all the hard hits, the violence, the rage that's attached to the game. You try to rule that out of the game, and you don't have the same product. These crazy hits that result in horrible injuries just comes with the territory. And this is even with me considering the hit on Roy as being an illegal hit and believing that it should be fined, but at some point, the NFL should chill or just make it flag football already.

Dr. Gonzo
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
A blown out knee doesn't turn you into a mentally unstable suicide risk with oatmeal for brains when you're 35.

Getting booed by the home crowd does that as well.

MannyIsGod
11-13-2010, 01:33 PM

Do you know what being an NFL lineman does to your life expectancy? Should we remove lineman from the game?

monosylab1k
11-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Do you know what being an NFL lineman does to your life expectancy? Should we remove lineman from the game?

They should be doing everything possible to make the game safer for them, that's for sure. Or do you also view them as trained monkeys whose sole purpose is to entertain you for a few years and then die a slow painful death?

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2010, 03:29 PM
They should be doing everything possible to make the game safer for them, that's for sure. Or do you also view them as trained monkeys whose sole purpose is to entertain you for a few years and then die a slow painful death?

It's a game where grown men/athletic freaks hit each other at full speed (and get paid millions of dollars to do it)...You can't prevent concussions in a game like this. If you want them to take "every possible" step then I suggest you pray for flag football. The NFL doesn't give a shit, if they did then there would be no talk of an 18-game schedule...if anything the new rules are a study in hypocrisy.

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 09:32 AM
.You can't prevent concussions in a game like this.

Not all concussions, but you can prevent all the "preventable" ones, like every time faggot James Harrison goes at people's heads like the pussy he is.

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Not all concussions, but you can prevent all the "preventable" ones, like every time faggot James Harrison goes at people's heads like the pussy he is.

:tu
nm9s1LOwQs8

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 01:56 PM
yeah it's pretty amazing how steroids will take a talentless piece of shit and turn him into a beast LB who is in a constant state of rage and does faggot shit like go at people's heads.

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 02:06 PM
tbh you'd probably face a tougher drug test if you were applying to Target. It would be ignorant to think that the majority of NFL players aren't on some form of juice. Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons (juice or no juice) are fun to watch.

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Polamalu's fun to watch. But there's nothing fun about watching some faggot headhunter trying purposely to damage people's brains.

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Polamalu's fun to watch. But there's nothing fun about watching some faggot headhunter trying purposely to damage people's brains.

I love you, brah...stubborn till the end. You can hate him for all those perceived cheap shots but you can't deny he's one of the best pass-rushers in the game. 2008 DPOY, best defensive SB play EVER, game-winning hit last week, etc. He's probably the 2nd most feared player in the game (Ray Lewis 1st) to boot.

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I love you, brah...stubborn till the end. You can hate him for all those perceived cheap shots but you can't deny he's one of the best pass-rushers in the game. 2008 DPOY, best defensive SB play EVER, game-winning hit last week, etc. He's probably the 2nd most feared player in the game (Ray Lewis 1st) to boot.

:lmao @ "perceived". The guy has said explicitly that he tries to knock people unconscious. That he is literally trying to deliver concussions out there. He fucking said it.

mono's psychiatrist
11-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Greetings DeadlyDynasty,

It seems that you have wandered into a pissing match with my client. Just be ready for the constant homophobic slurs, fucktarded opinions, and all around bitterness. We are applying strong medications to counterract his homosexual tendencies so he is in a state of strong denial. Even moreso than usual. You've been warned.

Our best,

Mono's psychatrist

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 02:31 PM
:lol another BUMP classic

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 02:33 PM
:lmao @ "perceived". The guy has said explicitly that he tries to knock people unconscious. That he is literally trying to deliver concussions out there. He fucking said it.

I believe he said he tries to "hurt" people, but not "injure" them...that's definitely up for interpretation.

It's child's play compared to what used to go on, tbh. Chuck Cecil was a notorious headhunting safety and now he's a defensive coach in the NFL. Dick Butkus used to bite people for christsake:rollin

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I believe he said he tries to "hurt" people, but not "injure" them...that's definitely up for interpretation.

that in itself makes no sense, but also in that quote he very much says he wants to make players go unconscious because they "aren't really hurt" and "can wake up and keep playing" :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 02:40 PM
that in itself makes no sense, but also in that quote he very much says he wants to make players go unconscious because they "aren't really hurt" and "can wake up and keep playing" :lmao

hey...you can't argue with the results:lol