PDA

View Full Version : Heat may be better off trading Bosh

ducks
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Chris-Bosh-may-not-fit-with-LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Miami-Heat-Big-Three-Dennis-Rodman-110810

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

lefty
11-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Meh...

BillMc
11-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Wow, less than 10 games into the season and the sportswriters are already pushing trades.... Amazing.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Spurs related?

AussieFanKurt
11-09-2010, 05:04 PM
If I was a Miami fan I'd be feeling unhappy that my "all-star" big men is atrocious on D and average rebounding

UnWantedTheory
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Spurs related?

It is because Ducks said so....duh...

toki9
11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
That's just ridiculous...talk about never being happy...

PM5K
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
We all knew he was the weak link.

DespЏrado
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah I was pretty sure Bosh would be exposed as kind of the good player on a bad team. He's a talented individual, but he is more akin to the talent levels of the Juwan Howards, Glen Robinsons, and Derrck Coleman's of the league than he is to the Elites of Duncan, Webber, Garnett, and Barkley.

egtonecity
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
lol "white vegas"

DespЏrado
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
They should probably just go after Dampier, they could use him, to be the bruiser they need. Hell Shaq wouldn't have been a bad option either when he was going around the league begging. And I'm still laughing at the idea that the guy suggests that Scola is a punishing force, he's awesome, but he's not really a defensive presence, or that Cleveland would ever be willing to trade with Miami again.

5.6 rebounds is bad...really bad for someone who's supposed to be an all star.

Em-City
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
lol @ homeless man's nowinski

bus driver
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Spurs related?

yes, because the hornets coach is a by product of the spurs :wakeup
as well as some players.....no wonder they are winning.
:wakeup

duhoh
11-09-2010, 05:55 PM
so why is this news?

we all knew this in advance. bosh is a scrub.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah I was pretty sure Bosh would be exposed as kind of the good player on a bad team. He's a talented individual, but he is more akin to the talent levels of the Juwan Howards, Glen Robinsons, and Derrck Coleman's of the league than he is to the Elites of Duncan, Webber, Garnett, and Barkley.

Yep, I've thought of his time in Toronto as the Juwan-in-Washington phase of his career. He's a homeless man's Kevin Garnett without the big mouth to disguise how soft he is or the rebounding ability.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
A record of 5-2 is definitely cause to panic.

Cessation
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
How did the raptors let him get away!!

ALVAREZ6
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
A record of 5-2 is definitely cause to panic.

It's a legit argument though. They might not need to trade Bosh to win a championship, but I tend to agree with the argument posed in the article. Bosh is definitely overrated, he padded the stat sheets because he played on a horrendous team his whole career. And when you watch him play on the court with Wade and James, he's almost irrelevant. He doesn't do much on defense, he has looked pretty soft, and let's face it, Lebron and Wade can put points on the board every night, basically. One of them will do it, or both.

If they trade Bosh, they could get a much better fit, or maybe 2 more solid role players, one big man and one for whichever position Miami sees weakest. And they could potentially be dominant as fuck. But they're eventually going to be anyway, either later this year or next year. It would also be pretty dick to trade Bosh away like that after the whole plan this summer and all of that crap, he'd probably kill himself LOL. Especially if they can get it done with him as well. But to be honest, I think trading Bosh could make the team stronger, and that's the argument being posed here.

One last statement, it's also important to consider that maybe a lot of NBA teams now believe Bosh is overrated, and therefore it might be tough trading him for something that's worth it.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Eh, if they get Dampier, problem pretty much solved.

I don't know who was expecting Bosh to be some kind of defensive force.

Manufan909
11-09-2010, 06:53 PM
They should probably just go after Dampier, they could use him, to be the bruiser they need. Hell Shaq wouldn't have been a bad option either when he was going around the league begging. And I'm still laughing at the idea that the guy suggests that Scola is a punishing force, he's awesome, but he's not really a defensive presence, or that Cleveland would ever be willing to trade with Miami again.

5.6 rebounds is bad...really bad for someone who's supposed to be an all star.

Dud, Blair is beating his ass on the boards in less minutes? CROFL at what their per 36 averages are.:p:

Obstructed_View
11-09-2010, 07:14 PM

I don't think many people that have watched him over the past few years were expecting him to, but obviously a lot of box score surfers thought he'd bring those gaudy numbers to Miami, many of whom are apparently members of the media. Obviously whoever gave him max money thought so.

ChuckD
11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
so why is this news?

we all knew this in advance. bosh is a scrub.

He's definitely not a scrub, he's more like a Lamar Odom type of player being paid like a franchise guy.

phxspurfan
11-09-2010, 08:51 PM
serious title contenders (Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Antonio)

sweeeeet

lrrr
11-09-2010, 10:46 PM
After seeing what Deron and Milsap did to the Heat, this guys perspective gains a whole lot more credibility...

duhoh
11-09-2010, 10:50 PM
He's definitely not a scrub, he's more like a Lamar Odom type of player being paid like a franchise guy.

LO failed at being #2 next to Kobe. Bosh is failing at being #3 next to LeBron and Wade.

yeah bosh is a scrub. look at tonight's game. milsap bent him over and made him eat pillow.

ducks
11-09-2010, 11:07 PM
milsap went for over 40 tonight

heat gave up over 40 in the 4 tonight at home

HELLO

ducks
11-09-2010, 11:08 PM

if if if

jesterbobman
11-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I think Bosh could work on that team, but his role needs to be as a skill big next to a bruiser. He's a PF/PF/PF, not a Center. Adding a good centre next year so he defends PF's and can play pick and roll defense, and can play his role outside would work. He's caught between his natural role and what the Heat want him to do, and has ended up doing neither. Add A Bruiser/ Offensive post threat and he can go back to playing his natural game.

Still, 6-2 without fully clicking yet.

jestersmash
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Miami is 5-3, not 6-2

Ross Parrot
11-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Miami needs disposable Centers when Duncan/Blair/Splitter terrorize them in June

jestersmash
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen a single thing thus far that would indicate that Splitter even has the capability of "terrorizing" opposing centers (on both ends, really, though I assume you were talking about the offensive end).

Unless, of course, you have a really really low standard for what you define as a "terrorizing" center.

TJastal
11-10-2010, 01:23 AM
I haven't seen a single thing thus far that would indicate that Splitter even has the capability of "terrorizing" opposing centers (on both ends, really, though I assume you were talking about the offensive end).

Unless, of course, you have a really really low standard for what you define as a "terrorizing" center.

In two years, baby. Two years he'll be terrorizin' those opposing centers. Just you wait.

JustinJDW
11-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the SpursTalk forum? I come here to talk about the Spurs. Don't we hear about the Heat enough? If I wanted to hear about the Heat all day, I would turn on ESPN.

:ihit

jesterbobman
11-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Miami is 5-3, not 6-2

My bad. I looked at a Box score(Must have been at near the end of 4 quarters, and it said Miami 103-101. Just saw I messed that up.

Still, further evidence for the Dominate them up front, have good PG play method of beating them.

DJB
11-10-2010, 02:23 AM
With Milsap dominating like he did tonight, it's clear that what we said in the offseason is coming to life: "The Miami Heat are going to get dominated on the inside."

ChuckD
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
5-3? That shakes out to about 51 wins. What happened to breaking the Bulls 72 wins mark? :lol

lefty
11-10-2010, 08:48 AM
lol

Obstructed_View
11-10-2010, 08:50 AM
5-3? That shakes out to about 51 wins. What happened to breaking the Bulls 72 wins mark? :lol

Actually I'm sad that the predictions of 80 wins are out the window now.

GSH
11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
NO, that can't be right. Didn't Miami have the best Big 3 in the league, just last week? Now Bosh doesn't fit in, and should be traded?

Not only that, but now the Heat can only win a maximum of 79 games this season? That's messed up. And if they win the next 74 games in a row, but trade Bosh, that means they will have had two Big 3's this season. Which one will go in the record books?

Bruno
11-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Bosh is a PF. Their second best bigman, Haslem, is a PF. That's one of Heat problem, if they want to play their best lineup, they had to play without a center.

And Bosh won't be traded. After all the "three amigos" PR campaign, trading him would be a disaster for Miami. On top of that, Bosh has a huge trade kicker: if he is traded, his new team will have to make him a $13M check within two weeks after the trade.

Manufan909
11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow, 15 and 6 in 33 minutes a game? I have a new appreciation for Blair, even though he's shooting under 30% atm. He is 100% from the line!!!:downspin:

MoSpur
11-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Miami will not trade Bosh. He's soft. It shouldn't be a surprise. He's never been known for being a defensive/enforcer type of big man. He's a skilled big man. \

ducks
11-11-2010, 09:44 PM
61-43 half team lead for boston tonight BUMB

Cessation
11-11-2010, 11:32 PM
What about the 7 championships lebron promised? lol

Spurminator
11-11-2010, 11:52 PM
The "What's wrong with Miami" shit is just as annoying as the "How great will Miami be" shit.

It's November.

stealthjbravo
11-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Trading Bosh would be as dumb as giving away the rights to Scola. There is no way a front office is that fucking stupid :\

daslicer
11-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Its too early for them to give up on Bosh. He might be having the same problems that RJ had last year with trying to fit in with star players that are better then him. I would say we won't now until next year if Bosh is an epic fail in Miami.

Agloco
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
The "What's wrong with Miami" shit is just as annoying as the "How great will Miami be" shit.

It's November.

This.

Trading Bosh would be as dumb as giving away the rights to Scola. There is no way a front office is that fucking stupid :\

:rolleyes

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 10:58 AM
because it's Bosh's fault Lebron hits airballs and side of the backboard, and Wade goes 2-12 and Eddie House has not hit a 3 since October??

Mav-elous Man
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Alot of people feel they (Miami) are the third best team in the league right now. Sorry but IMO i don't see it. They are too inconsistent and have some major issues. I'm not saying that won't change as the season goes on but right now I can name a handful of teams that I think are better. Boston is still the team to beat in the East. With their Big 3 being as talented as the are there is nothing else there. If they want that team to work there is one thing that could bring it all together for them. A legit PG. Someone who can stick with quicker PG's on the defensive end, penetrate and kick the ball out, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to shoot from long range either. Take the ball out of Wade and James' hands and give it to a guy who can pull it togther for everybody. Including those scrubs off the bench. Until that happens I think they will continue to be inconsistent. Maybe trading Bosh for a couple of pieces would help their cause. They could also use some help at the 5.

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 12:03 PM
who's gonna trade for that soft piece of shit?

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 12:05 PM
What about the 7 championships lebron promised? lol

he promised 8

lefty
11-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Bosh may have no trade value as we speak

Sad, but true

in2deep
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
would you really want this guy?

U1vUUqFTeVM

Dex
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM

U1vUUqFTeVM

:lmao Chris Bosh had about as much affect on that shot as you or I did. He just sat and watched it.

dunkman
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Bosh may have no trade value as we speak

Sad, but true

It would be nice if the Spurs could make a trade to get him for cheap.

20beastie45
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
not Spurs related......transfer to NBa.:nope

crc21209
11-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Bosh is a fucking scoring, jump shooting PF. Miami knows what they got when they signed him up, he's not the problem. Their problem is that they dont have a true defensive minded, shot-blocking 7-foot Center.

crc21209
11-13-2010, 01:50 AM

U1vUUqFTeVM

That shit was NASTY! Rondo has slowly grown as one of my favorite players outside of the Spurs...:tu

Cessation
11-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Too many chiefs, not enough indians, heat is 5-4 now, it would be so funny if they went below .500

bongraider
11-13-2010, 02:44 AM
He doesnt even have any power so why bother calling him a power forward. Now my man Shawn Kemp, now that is a power forward.

JWest596
11-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Wow, less than 10 games into the season and the sportswriters are already pushing trades.... Amazing.

As bad as all the Scola to SA crapfests that never end?

Cessation
11-13-2010, 04:14 AM
lol bosh just stood there while rondo threw it down on him, what a pussy

senorglory
11-13-2010, 05:01 AM
I don't think many people that have watched him over the past few years were expecting him to, but obviously a lot of box score surfers thought he'd bring those gaudy numbers to Miami, many of whom are apparently members of the media.

Rockets' GM D. Morey was ready to sell the farm to get Bosh, and he seems like a pretty savvy NBA guy.

greyforest
11-13-2010, 05:59 AM
he promised 8

technically he said
not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

so 0 is still a likely candidate

Obstructed_View
11-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Rockets' GM D. Morey was ready to sell the farm to get Bosh, and he seems like a pretty savvy NBA guy.

He has a knack for collecting a whole lot of pretty good players with no scrubs and no superstars. That may be why he was attracted to Bosh. :)

G-Dawgg
11-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Bosh is really a top tier talent in the NBA. Its the coaching staff's fault for not utilizing him to his potential.....

...kinda like what Popovich did with Jefferson last year..

Obstructed_View
11-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Bosh is really a top tier talent in the NBA. Its the coaching staff's fault for not utilizing him to his potential.....

...kinda like what Popovich did with Jefferson last year..

:lol I'll ignore the stupid in the last part of your post.

Bosh has loads of talent, but let's not act like he's a superstar that can lead a team or take over a game. If a coach can get Bosh to be a bruising defender who can block shots and grab tough rebounds, they'll be the first.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Can they give this a full season first?

How about the all star break.. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 12:59 PM
He doesnt even have any power so why bother calling him a power forward. Now my man Shawn Kemp, now that is a power forward.

He's also one of the fattest cokeheads I've ever seen.

Lukor
11-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Bosh will not be selected as an allstar this year.

timtonymanu
11-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Bosh will not be selected as an allstar this year.

He'll probably get voted in by fans as a starter since he's with the Heat now.

Darthkiller
11-14-2010, 03:37 PM
He'll probably get voted in by fans as a starter since he's with the Heat now.

same fans who did not even fill out the arena for the heat- celtics game?

mavsfan1000
11-14-2010, 06:39 PM
The Heat need a bruiser. Bosh can get them that I think if there is a team that has more than 1 bruiser. I think the rest of the league is catching on though that Bosh is not that good.

sribb43
11-14-2010, 06:46 PM
he couldnt make the playoffs in the east with the Raptors, any competent GM could see that he is piece of shit

KingofKings
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Bosh has tons of talent and most teams were lining up to sign him. Barely ten games into the season he's adjusting to be a 3rd option instead of being the first he was use to. Now you fucktards are saying trade him for a back of rocks? The hate has reach unheard of levels Congrats.

mavsfan1000
11-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Bosh has tons of talent and most teams were lining up to sign him. Barely ten games into the season he's adjusting to be a 3rd option instead of being the first he was use to. Now you fucktards are saying trade him for a back of rocks? The hate has reach unheard of levels Congrats.
Bruisers are not easy to get. You need some tough players in your frontcourt. Most of the top teams have them. Miami doesn't. It is pretty obvious the center position is pretty terrible for Miami and Bosh doesn't cover up for a poor center. Bosh plays smaller than he is. Way too thin. But considering his contract is pretty terrible, I don't think it will be easy to trade Bosh.

Venti Quattro
11-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah he's paid as much as LeBron and Wade but obviously he is not a franchise player and it's being exposed now. Lol Miami for giving Bosh the same contract as Wade and LeBron

KingofKings
11-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Shut the fuck up lil bitch. We gone break that lil nigga RuBosh.

Gasoft? I know you ain't talking about Bynum that nigga already broke himself.

KingofKings
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Bruisers are not easy to get. You need some tough players in your frontcourt. Most of the top teams have them. Miami doesn't. It is pretty obvious the center position is pretty terrible for Miami and Bosh doesn't cover up for a poor center. Bosh plays smaller than he is. Way too thin. But considering his contract is pretty terrible, I don't think it will be easy to trade Bosh.

You honestly think the Heat won't add anyone? Bigs will line up to sign the MLE this summer, granted the CBA still permits it.

mavsfan1000
11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
You honestly think the Heat won't add anyone? Bigs will line up to sign the MLE this summer, granted the CBA still permits it.
Yeah this summer. Until then, this team isn't well rounded enough to win a title. These players don't seem to compliment each other that well. They all need the ball in their hands to be at their best.