PDA

View Full Version : Hornets improve to 7-0, King Paul gets a little rest

BRHornet45
11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
sons the BeeShow improved to 7-0 tonight with a 19pt beat down and the King only had to play for 27 minutes (yet he still dropped 13, 8, and 3stl). steady cruisin, steady cruisin

MiamiHeat
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
tonight the Jazz didnt even need Deron in OT vs the heat. their role players all make big shots and Millsap is a motherfucking beast.

CP3 ftw.

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm liking it. Glad our bench stepped up in the 2nd half. Bayless will be really important to this team. He has the potential to make the bench really strong.

No minutes for Thornton tonight. Not a bad thing if Green, Bayless, and Pondexter can play like this.

DeadlyDynasty
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm hopping off the D-Will bandwagon (still think he's nasty though) and joining the CP3 one

BRHornet45
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
tonight the Jazz didnt even need Deron in OT vs the heat. their role players all make big shots and Millsap is a motherfucking beast.

CP3 ftw.

LOLZ son MiamiHeat you got my respect ... love the sig!

resistanze
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Sons, like I said...CP3 was getting the DWade treatment. It's time to kill off this 'grassroots' movement for good.

BRHornet45
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Sons, like I said...CP3 was getting the DWade treatment. It's time to kill off this 'grassroots' movement for good.

co-signed

Ghazi
11-09-2010, 10:58 PM
lest we forget his chokejob v the Spurs in '08 and quitjob v the Nuggets in '09

but hey, hes a great player in November

Amarelooms
11-09-2010, 11:01 PM
When do the Hornets play the Mavs??? Chalk up a loss right there for the "king"...God bless

:elephant

j-money24
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Then he gets injured.

Lakers2009champs
11-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Best pg in the league.

BRHornet45
11-09-2010, 11:07 PM

son I really shouldn't even comment on this, but ... I mean really ... replying to your ridiculous post is just like booing at the special Olympics. I need to be the bigger man and walk away ...

BRHornet45
11-09-2010, 11:08 PM
When do the Hornets play the Mavs??? Chalk up a loss right there for the "king"...God bless

son if I remember correctly they play a back to back this year

21_Blessings
11-09-2010, 11:11 PM

lest we forget the 2006 champs and the German getting raped in the Golden State

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 11:12 PM

You mad? :lol

Don't worry, reality will sink in next week.

SAtown
11-09-2010, 11:12 PM

Son I thought you were on the New Orleans bandwagon. Or was that just the Saints? btw you still on that?

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 11:14 PM

Not afraid of the Mavs. Two games next week. Two wins for the Hornets.

Ghazi
11-09-2010, 11:14 PM
lol @ Hornets fans getting confident over BS irrelevant win streak

Hornets will fail to win 50 games this year, bump it when it happens.

j.dizzle
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Son, cant ya'll just let NO fans enjoy it. CP3 is getting healthy now & they're having fun again.

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
lol @ Hornets fans getting confident over BS irrelevant win streak

Hornets will fail to win 50 games this year, bump it when it happens.

Again, reality will sink in next week. LOL Mavs

Ghazi
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
lol Mavs will 2-0 that ass next week.

21_Blessings
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Morey shoulda kept Ariza ;)

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
lol Mavs will 2-0 that ass next week.

LOL Kidd, Terry, and Butler in the starting lineup. LOL Mavs bench.

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 11:20 PM
LOL Mavs losing 9 in a row at NOLA.

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2010, 11:21 PM
hornets are just a cp3 injury away from lottery

Giuseppe
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
BR, actin' all civilized & decent, like Jammie did after he got his Award.

Yer adorable, BR!!!

#41 Shoot Em Up
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
LOL Mavs losing 9 in a row at NOLA.

jinx on:lol

Pelicans78
11-09-2010, 11:48 PM
jinx on:lol

:toast

Killakobe81
11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Let me say this .. I have been a BIG Dwill is not necessarily better but at least close to Cp3 and the PG I would prefer.
But so far this year Paul appears to be better. I still would love to see this settled in a best of 7 ... and i know some of you will make excuses...about team-mates. But i will reserve final judgement until this time.
But this year so far I would give the nod to Paul ...

crc21209
11-10-2010, 12:34 AM
:sleep

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Hornet's are doing great. Don't break their stride, winning streaks are always temporary, but if you can win 7 games in a row, you must be doing something right. Mavs, you guys made no developments, I suppose you're going to keep relying on Dirk, and start Kidd until he just turns into dust on the court. Can't wait to eliminate you guys in the playoffs once more, so The Spurs and Hornets can have an epic 7 game war. haha.

duncan228
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM
New Orleans finds path to winning runs through San Antonio (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/10/new-orleans-finds-path-to-winning-runs-through-san-antonio/)
Kurt Helin

The New Orleans Hornets are standing at the top of the hill, 7-0. They beat the Clippers last night, but the lineup before that — Milwaukee, San Antonio, Denver and even Miami — is a bunch of teams that would bring most teams to their knees.

Standing there, the Hornets have a good view. They are as good a team as there is in the league right now, but they see the long road of the season stretching out before them. Standing there the questions about the future remain — key among them is can they keep Chris Paul? — but the road looks open and the future promising.

However, if they were to turn around and look back at the road that led them to this spot, they would see it runs straight through San Antonio.

The Hornets started to retool their organization this summer, something that was expected to come with a change in ownership that has yet to materialize. But the change in the organization went forward anyway.

It started with the hiring of Monty Williams as coach then Dell Demps as general manager (in that odd reverse order, but it seems to work here). Demps was a member of the San Antonio Spurs brain trust who was general manager of their D-League affiliate the Austin Toros (among other jobs in the Spurs organization). Demps came in with a mandate to “change the culture” of the organization, to make the culture more Spurs-like. Which is what everybody says when they hire a GM, but Demps really has changed things.

He didn’t hire Monty Williams — a coach who learned the NBA game at the right hand of Gregg Popovich in San Antonio — but he’s the kind of guy Demps would have hired. A like minded, Spurs culture guy.

And you can see that on the court in how the Hornets play defense (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/08/hornets-defensive-success-cast-from-the-spurs-mold/). The Spurs have won four titles by defending the rim and closing out hard at the arc, forcing teams into a lot of long twos and midrange shots. The least efficient shots in the game.

Sound strategy, but could Emeka Okafor really be that guy defending the rim? He can, it turns out. Okafor has been a force all season, really controlling the paint. He’s had room to do that because David West — who seemed to sleepwalk though the last couple seasons — has brought energy at both ends of the floor. With West focused and Okafor not having to help him as much, it has freed Okafor up to defend the rim with gusto. Okafor also leads the league right now with a 72.7 shooting percentage. He can’t miss, like a Pacer in the third quarter.

Of course, the biggest change for the Hornets has been the return of a healthy Chris Paul. He is playing at an MVP level, giving the team 18 points and 10 assists per game, doing it with the highest shooting percentage of his career. Right now, when he is on the court he assists on about half of his team’s baskets scored. His PER is at 29.8, a career best by a mile (and second only to Dwight Howard so far this season).

Add in smart pickups like Trevor Ariza to fill needs, and you have really got something.

It all looks good. Does that mean Chris Paul is staying?

Nobody knows. Maybe not even Paul himself. Nothing is going to happen short term. The Hornets are not looking to move him right now, instead they are looking to woo him to stay long term by proving he can win here. The 7-0 start is just that, a nice start, but winning in the playoffs is what matters and that is a long way off.

Paul isn’t talking, and the Hornets do not face the deadline pressure to make a move that Denver does right now. But that will change — by next summer and into next season the Hornets will need to get a commitment from Paul (who will be in the last year of his deal) or they have to look to move him. They have until then to change his mind. Certainly some kind of resolution with the ownership sale and that outcome will play a role in Paul’s decisions as well (as will outside influences, such as what happens in New York).

But the Spurs never really lost their core players. If the Hornets stay with that model… maybe you can win big in the Big Easy.

Venti Quattro
11-10-2010, 01:18 PM
San Antonio H....................ornets!!!

Pelicans78
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
San Antonio H....................ornets!!!

Or the New Orleans Spurs. :lol