PDA

View Full Version : The Pat Riley excuse thread

MiamiHeat
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
So what devious method will Pat use to get back on the sidelines?

Does Eric Spoelstra lose his passion for coaching?

maybe he just wants to spend time with his family as well?

hitmanyr2k
11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
:lol Awesome signature

Pelicans78
I like the "spending more time with the family." Really can't blame either side for that.

DeadlyDynasty
Spo's son gets hit by a car, driver remains unidentified

dbestpro
11-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Kind of interesting that Cleveland and Miami have the same amount of losses except Miami is 3rd in their division while Cleveland is 1st.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm betting he says that he "owes it to the fans of Miami" for all the money the team spent on three max contracts.

Venti Quattro
11-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Spo has to attend to his family's rice field business in the Philippines, which has been suffering major losses over the past three years

DarkGinobili
11-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Whatever it is,it'll probably be soon.:lol

DarkGinobili
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
The Heat just keep finding ways to lose.

baseline bum
11-09-2010, 10:50 PM
You all sure Riley wants in on this?

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Spoelstra's coaching is alarming at this point..you have to give the guy some time, because it's going to take a while to build chemistry either way, and the Heat still need a rotation..however, his coaching has been beyond horrible..

First of all, he continues to start both Arroyo and Anthony, which automatically makes it a 3 vs. 5 game for the Heat..this will be fixed when Mike Miller returns, but for now, it doesn't make any sense..Arroyo can't shoot 3s, so having him on the floor with Lebron and Wade doesn't make any sense..James Jones or Eddie House should be starting for now..

Anthony shouldn't be playing more than 10 MPG..Ilgauskas is playing 15 MPG, which is ideal for a guy his age, but he should be finishing games too..having Bosh playing too much 5 totally exploits him..it also doesn't make sense that he hasn't tried Magloire yet..

In the game vs. New Orleans, Chris Paul was pretty bad against Wade, yet he put Arroyo back in the game and had him guard Paul, which allowed him to go off once again..

In tonight's game, he made no adjustments on Milsapp..Miami doesn't have the ideal personnel to defend the paint, but he didn't even bother sending even a soft double team, which again, doesn't make any sense..

He also had Arroyo on the floor in clutch time, which forced Miami to double his man(since he's a massive defensive liability), which gave Utah multiple looks at open 3s..

TheKingOfMIA6
11-10-2010, 12:10 AM
You all sure Riley wants in on this?
he'll have no choice

Giuseppe
11-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Spoelstra ain't the problem.

& we all know it.

Quit Hatin'
11-10-2010, 12:18 AM
i wonder what the heat fans excuse will be when riley finally decides to take over and still lose.

BanditHiro
11-10-2010, 12:21 AM
i wonder what the heat fans excuse will be when riley finally decides to take over and still lose.

that probably won't happen though...you know the losing

Giuseppe
11-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh, yeah it will.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Laker fans should obviously know about the value of coaches..

Quit Hatin'
11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
bosh aint getting better at defense and wade/lebron still gonna miss clutch freethrows no matter who the coach is.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2010, 12:35 AM
So because they have flaws, they shouldn't make a move to get better?:lol..

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 12:38 AM
bosh aint getting better at defense and wade/lebron still gonna miss clutch freethrows no matter who the coach is.

tbh you're right and wrong...If Riles was the coach he wouldn't allow for the lackadaisical 4th quarter defensive effort...heads would fucking roll if he was coaching, no matter who you are. Riles demands more respect and if you can't make the grade defensively (Bosh), then you'll sit your ass on the bench.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Well, the interior D is going to be a problem either way, but obviously Riley will make a huge difference everywhere else..

More importantly, like DD said, Riley doesn't take any shit..

eyeh8u
11-10-2010, 12:46 AM
LOL if you think coaching wins championships

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Coaching doesn't win championships, but it can lose them..

eyeh8u
11-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Coaching doesn't win championships, but it can lose them..

give me an example, not saying there arent any but i cant think of one

Killakobe81
11-10-2010, 12:55 AM
It's 3 losses I would be mildly concerned but it is wayyy early.
Bosh is struggling to hold up his end no doubt about it ...but it's no time to panic. Look at the teams they lost to.
Celts can execute late cuz Rondo is dishing and Pierce, Ray and KG are all capable of hitting big shots.
Hornets got a HUGE game from Okafor ...and Paul picked them apart late.
Didnt see this one ...but with that kind of game from milsap many teams would lose to the Jazz.With Dwill and Sloans system the Jazz always execute well.

My only question is how does a team with Lebron and Wade blow a 22 point lead?! It would of been tough for last years Cavs or heat to blow that big of a lead ...at home.

BTW this was the curse of Chimpy's Power Rankings working it's mojo. Chimpy dared to place his new lover (Heat) ahead of his first love (Jazz) and the PER, Advanced saber metrics gods smote Chimpy for his hubris. And gave strength to the mighty fightin', Mormons.

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 12:57 AM
give me an example, not saying there arent any but i cant think of one

I can't prove it, but I think a Riley coached 2005 Heat team with a 3-2 series lead in the ECF beats the Pistons, imo.

eyeh8u
11-10-2010, 01:11 AM
I can't prove it, but I think a Riley coached 2005 Heat team with a 3-2 series lead in the ECF beats the Pistons, imo.

riley has publically, on miami radio, said during the 2006 finals he stopped drawing up plays because wade would just improvise and not follow the plays he called. he also stated that during his run with the lakers in the 80's that almost anyone could have coached the team to multiple titles.

MiamiHeat
11-10-2010, 01:56 AM
riley has publically, on miami radio, said during the 2006 finals he stopped drawing up plays because wade would just improvise and not follow the plays he called. he also stated that during his run with the lakers in the 80's that almost anyone could have coached the team to multiple titles.

It's almost as if Riley tries to be humble, intentionally shying away from being arrogant and taking all the credit

travesty.

Giuseppe
11-10-2010, 03:32 AM
It's almost as if Riley tries to be humble, intentionally shying away from being arrogant and taking all the credit

travesty.

Humble, my ass. That dog & pony show he pulled signin' Smush Parker in there blew up his f'in' face.

Riley is a petty little fuck.