PDA

View Full Version : If this series were a boxing match...

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
predict what boxing match it will resemble?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Ferry vs. Camby- Madison Square Garden w/ special referee Jeff Van Gundy. Like Camby, the Suns will take their best shot, thinking that the Spurs (represented by Ferry in this equation) lack the fire power to match their aggression. However they will miss, as haste makes waste in terms of their effort. And D'Antoni (Van Gundy in this Pulitzer quality metaphor) and his reputation will take the real pounding, as he has to answer critics who have said from day one that all offense and no defense makes Jack a dull boy who can't win a championship.

Spurminator
05-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Rocky Balboa vs. Clubber Lang

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Even though I didn't put it up there, I predict this series will be similar to Barrera vs. Prince Hamed. If you're unfamiliar read this, feel free to substitute the words Barrera for Spurs and Hamed for Suns.
http://www.insidewomensboxing.com/BILV/pastfights2001/barrerahamed/cozzone/cozzonebarrerahamed05.jpg

We all knew Marco Antonio Barrera would prove to be Hamed’s toughest opponent; and that Barrera was his first real test. We also knew that the Prince was Barrera’s toughest foe—but would he be able to withstand Hamed’s power? And, how would he cope with Hamed’s unorthodox style?

When it was all over last night at the MGM Grand, “King” Marco had reduced Prince Naseem Hamed to the role of court jester. And the sad thing? Naz was seemingly content to spend his time in the ring playing the role—shaking his head, “I ain’t hurt, I ain’t hurt” and smiling at Marco with that goofy grin, in between his desperate attempts to land the Big One.

Barrera was calm. Barrera was all business. Barrera proved he can not only take one of Hamed’s over-hyped knockout shots but that he could neutralize him with an ironclad defense. Swapping his usual straight-ahead-and-bang plan for a counterpunching, vigilant approach, Barrera also proved that an orthodox style was nowhere near as one-dimensional as Naz’s crazy angles and hands-down, showboating techniques.

The stage was set long before Round One.

All week, you had the Prince mouthing off, promising “wicked” scenes and “unbelievable knockouts.” All the while, Marco Antonio was quiet, humble, respectful . . . a man of few words who said only that he’d prepared well for this fight and for us to wait until Saturday night; he’d show us what he had in the ring.

MiNuS
05-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Trinidad vs De La Joya

De la Joya was could in the beginning of his carreer. He became a pussy in the latter part of his carreer. It was all about the money and nothing about winning.

He would have never beat Chavez in his prime.

ladiesman
05-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Jeff Vangundy(Suns) vs Alonzo Morning (Spurs)

cheguevara
05-23-2005, 03:08 PM
knock 'em Suns out

samikeyp
05-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Bald Bull vs. Glass Joe.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Hey a Tyson's Punch-out reference! Pretty apropo when you consider how much Steve Nash resembles Little Mac. Didn't someone post a pic comparing Manu to Don Flamenco? Ah, for the old NES days....

sa_butta
05-23-2005, 03:24 PM
http://www.nintendorecords.com/games/punchout/don2.png

gophergeorge
05-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Bald Bull vs. Glass Joe.

I LOVED that game..... Thanks! :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Holy shit! Someone tell me that doesn't look like an 8-bit image of Nash and Stoudemire! And with D'Antoni's moustache he kind of looks like the German boxer whose name escapes me. It's amazing the modern day NBA comparisons of this game. Perhaps the most obvious of all Jerome James = King Hippo.

sa_butta
05-23-2005, 03:34 PM
von kaiser

http://www.nintendorecords.com/games/punchout/vonkaiser.png

sa_butta
05-23-2005, 03:35 PM
yao Ming

http://www.nintendorecords.com/games/punchout/pistonhonda.png

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 03:35 PM
von kaiser

http://www.nintendorecords.com/games/punchout/vonkaiser.png

Hey ^ that looks like that Suns benchwarmer. Voshko or something like that :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Didn't the Suns actually have a Japanese player that they cut half way through the season? I'm pretty sure they did, and it's becoming rapidly apparent how Coangelo put together this team, by harking back to the golden days of gaming. Look for this phrase in the off-season:
"With their pick in the 2005 draft, the Phoenix Suns select Soda Popinski."

ZStomp
05-23-2005, 03:47 PM
What the hell....?

After reading this "Poll"- I had to take a step back..freaked out a bit, and then I remembered- I don't smoke weed.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Congrats on not smoking weed. I don't either. If I did I probably wouldn't remember all those great Nintendo games so well. I can still recite the Konami code by heart. Sorry to spook you.

sa_butta
05-23-2005, 03:52 PM
I still have my Atari and it works.

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 03:54 PM
What the hell....?

After reading this "Poll"- I had to take a step back..freaked out a bit, and then I remembered- I don't smoke weed.

:lol I can't even imagine what my polls would look like if I was actually high

And video games rule! I could talk about them for hours

sa_butta
05-23-2005, 03:55 PM
maybe this should be moved to club forum for video game
talk

MiNuS
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Future poll:

Which Sony Playstation game most reminds you of the Suns/Spurs series?

tsb2000
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, the Suns had a Japanese point guard when the season started. His name was Tabuse (I forget his first name). He was cut a few weeks into the season. :)

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Future poll:

Which Sony Playstation game most reminds you of the Suns/Spurs series?

NBA Live :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-23-2005, 04:08 PM
NBA Jam is more like it. I swear Steve Nash's shoes change color when he starts running really fast.

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 04:09 PM
It would definitely be NBA Jam if Malik Rose was still a Spur.

Boo
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY??

THE SUNS WOULD KILL THE SPURS IN A BOXING MATCH... THE HAVE ALL THEM THUGS (Amare, JJohnson, QRich, Marion)!!!

nkdlunch
05-23-2005, 04:41 PM
You call those guys thugs??? :lol Might as well put Nash in that list.