PDA

View Full Version : My best friend Mono...

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Your boys are 4.5 point dogs at Pittsburgh this week. Do they cover?

monosylab1k
11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
My gut reaction - helllllllllllllllll no

But per the usual par the course, it's all on Brady. If he plays mistake free, the Patriots always have a shot. If he's missing wide open receivers or forcing it into coverage, it's never close from start to finish.

I can see this playing out alot like the Baltimore game if Brady plays well, or alot like the Cleveland/Jets games if Brady licks balls.

The defense will make Big Ben look like the second coming of Roger Staubach, but they've been "bend don't break" most of the year. Although when the offense isn't giving them any help at all, they tend to be more break than bend.

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
My gut reaction - helllllllllllllllll no

But per the usual par the course, it's all on Brady. If he plays mistake free, the Patriots always have a shot. If he's missing wide open receivers or forcing it into coverage, it's never close from start to finish.

I can see this playing out alot like the Baltimore game if Brady plays well, or alot like the Cleveland/Jets games if Brady licks balls.

The defense will make Big Ben look like the second coming of Roger Staubach, but they've been "bend don't break" most of the year. Although when the offense isn't giving them any help at all, they tend to be more break than bend.

This has been the toughest week to pick games as there are hardly any appealing spreads. This game caught my eye, but there's red flags-a-plenty. New England's offense looks neutered w/o Randy Moss, and even though he wasn't putting up big stats, his mere presence on the field warranted 2 defenders on him. If NE can't stretch the field then the Pittsburgh D will feast all day. That being said, I badly want to bet Pitt and the points, but Billy B's boys rarely lose consecutive games, much less get blown out in them. I see Hoodie going with the no-huddle offense for much of the first half, and if they can put a quick 10 or 14 spot on them, then there's a chance. Still, too close to call...this one's gonna have to wait till 12:45 EST Sunday...

monosylab1k
11-10-2010, 02:23 PM
well the Patriots put Gostowski on IR so if this one comes down to a long FG, the Pats might not be looking so good.

stretch
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
pats win by 10+

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
pats win by 10+

I'll take that bet

IronMexican
11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Hope the Steelers work the Pats. Come in not as motivated for Oakland.