PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Andrew Bynum............

TheManFromAcme
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
.......should he have another near too or completely season ending injury?
Do we keep him?
Do we trade him?
Other options?

or is this whole thing a moot point?.....we really don't need him?

Discuss.

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
We need him. If he goes down with another season-ending injury then see if he has any trade value...if not, cut him

Double-Up
11-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Trade him for Bosh as lakaluva suggested, oh wait?

Obstructed_View
11-10-2010, 04:09 PM
.......should he have another near too or completely season ending injury?
Do we keep him?
Do we trade him?
Other options?

or is this whole thing a moot point?.....we really don't need him?

Discuss.

Bet you could get Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay for him if you throw in a second round pick.

Darthkiller
11-10-2010, 04:12 PM
trade him for love + rubio.

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 04:17 PM
trade him for love + rubio.

No thanks...dude doesn't even have the physical strength to shoot an NBA 3-pointer. He badly airballed 3 or 4 treys in the Barcelona-Laker game this preseason

lefty
11-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Trade him to SNL for Tracy Morgan

JamStone
11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Pistons will take a chance on his contract.

Jason Maxiell, Chris Wilcox, and Will Bynum for Andrew Bynum

Do it Mitch.

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Trade him to SNL for Tracy Morgan

Zing!

add that one to the lefty catalog

lefty
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Zing!

add that one to the lefty catalog
You liked it

You just don't want to admit it :eyebrows

baseline bum
11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
bet you could get zach randolph, rudy gay, and oj mayo for him if you throw in a second round pick.

fify

ElNono
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bynum-playboy.jpg

Giuseppe
11-10-2010, 05:16 PM
See who he'll stick in the hole where he stuck Howard & Perkins before you make a decision.

LkrFan
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Start him and have the Lakers continue to dominate the paint. You don't trade a 23 year old 7'0" 285lb center with freakishly long arms. He is still at least 2 years from his prime too. He's had too freak injuries with LO and Kobe taking him out in successive years. He's had a more extensive surgery this time and the Laker brass believes his surgeon finally got it right. We're 8-0, so it's not like we have to rush him back. When he does get back we can send LO back to the bench and legitimately go 9 deep every night. Every team in the league would love to see Bynum out of LA. Not going to happen.

Pau and LO have mad chemistry, but we don't get past the Celtics this year if we don't have Bynum. They have added the two O'neals, and they are playing without their starting center in Porkins - who is probably a top 3 paint defender. That's at least 18 hard fouls right there (and that's not even including KG) that they could put on Pau and LO. That won't cut it, for me at least. I don't buy into the "hype" in South Beach. Make no mistake, Boston is coming out of the east. If the Lakers want to 3peat, they will need Bynum. Last year's Finals don't even go past 5 games if we had a healthy Bynum.

Bynum's presence defensively is the difference maker that the Lakers won't trade away. Couple that with our quality perimeter defenders in Artest, Barnes, Kobe, Blake, LO, Blake, and Brown, Bynum's return will turn the Lakers into a defensive juggernaut. They give up a lot of points because of two reasons: blowouts give more PT for bench players and the uptempo pace they play with. But the Lakers are like top 5 in FG% defense which is a better way to gauge how teams play D. When Bynum returns the defensive numbers across the board increase.

mindcrime
11-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Start him and have the Lakers continue to dominate the paint. You don't trade a 23 year old 7'0" 285lb center with freakishly long arms. He is still at least 2 years from his prime too. He's had too freak injuries with LO and Kobe taking him out in successive years. He's had a more extensive surgery this time and the Laker brass believes his surgeon finally got it right. We're 8-0, so it's not like we have to rush him back. When he does get back we can send LO back to the bench and legitimately go 9 deep every night. Every team in the league would love to see Bynum out of LA. Not going to happen.

Pau and LO have mad chemistry, but we don't get past the Celtics this year if we don't have Bynum. They have added the two O'neals, and they are playing without their starting center in Porkins - who is probably a top 3 paint defender. That's at least 18 hard fouls right there (and that's not even including KG) that they could put on Pau and LO. That won't cut it, for me at least. I don't buy into the "hype" in South Beach. Make no mistake, Boston is coming out of the east. If the Lakers want to 3peat, they will need Bynum. Last year's Finals don't even go past 5 games if we had a healthy Bynum.

Bynum's presence defensively is the difference maker that the Lakers won't trade away. Couple that with our quality perimeter defenders in Artest, Barnes, Kobe, Blake, LO, Blake, and Brown, Bynum's return will turn the Lakers into a defensive juggernaut. They give up a lot of points because of two reasons: blowouts give more PT for bench players and the uptempo pace they play with. But the Lakers are like top 5 in FG% defense which is a better way to gauge how teams play D. When Bynum returns the defensive numbers across the board increase.

If the C's can stay healthy I don't think you guys get passed them even with Bynum.

Mike-in-brazil
11-10-2010, 05:53 PM
keep him we need him!! if we didn't have him last season lakers wouldn't have not 2peated period!!

wrong@mindcrime lakers this season are very seasoned...stronger defense..better bench...their mental is sick right now!!

mindcrime
11-10-2010, 05:56 PM
keep him we need him!! if we didn't have him last season lakers wouldn't have not 2peated period!!

wrong@mindcrime lakers this season are very seasoned...stronger defense..better bench...their mental is sick right now!!

seasoned doesn't mean anything in this case since the Celtics are seasoned as well. The Celtics in my opinion still play better defense than the Lakers. The Lakeshow has a tendency of defensive breakdowns like they had last night against Beasley and co.

Koolaid_Man
11-10-2010, 06:03 PM
If the C's can stay healthy I don't think you guys get passed them even with Bynum.

Hey Dorothy...still clicking your heels...:lol you can wake up now you're in Kansas ...but while you were sleeping LA did 2 step past Boston for the title...:lol...pretty much without Drew....

jacobdrj
11-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Trade him to the Nuggets for Chauncy Billups.

Mike-in-brazil
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
@mindcrime...
so teams below 500 score over 100 point even on your home floor is best defense in the nba right now? not once but twice!!! NYC and MIL( one in ot)

cavs beat Celtics without mo or lebron
mavs spanks that ass and these are not cream of the crop teams( sorry mavs fans just want to prove my point)

but they have the better defense??

mindcrime
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey Dorothy...still clicking your heels...:lol you can wake up now you're in Kansas ...but while you were sleeping LA did 2 step past Boston for the title...:lol...pretty much without Drew....

LA will forever be "pretty much" without Drew since his knees are made of glass. Gonna be fun watching big daddy knock Pau and Drew around.

mindcrime
11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
@mindcrime...
so teams below 500 score over 100 point even on your home floor is best defense in the nba right now? not once but twice!!! NYC and MIL( one in ot)

cavs beat Celtics without mo or lebron
mavs spanks that ass and these are not cream of the crop teams( sorry mavs fans just want to prove my point)

but they have the better defense??

Boston points against: 92.6
LA points against: 99.6

Celtics were on a back to back and playing in Dallas and lost by 2. I didn't realize that equated to an ass spanking.

LkrFan
11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't go that far. They will be improved and will represent the EC in the Finals. The Lakers have improved over last year. It's evident that we have improved. Plus every time they see Celtic green they will absolutely bring their A game.

In 2008 we started Vlad Rad and Luke played significant minutes at the SF spot. This year? Vlad is long gone and Luke is no more than a victory cigar. Hell, we have a rookie that is better than him :lol. PP had his way with us in 2008 because we couldn't afford to have Kobe get in foul trouble and put up 30 to give us a chance to win. In 2008 we were not tough enough. In 2009 we got a little tougher. Then we added Artest. Then we added Barnes. That's two quality tough as nails defenders to throw at him - giving Kobe the freedom to do his thang offensively. We got something for 35 year old Ray Allen too. This year? Pau is clearly better than KG. LO is better every body else on their roster. We have a quality bench too that won't squander that 24 point lead they had against the Celtic scum in 2008. Not happening. In short, we match up really well with them, but the Celtics cannot make the same claim.

I have a healthy respect for them, but it's not 2008 no more. Not by a long shot.

Giuseppe
11-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't go that far. They will be improved and will represent the EC in the Finals. The Lakers have improved over last year. It's evident that we have improved. Plus every time they see Celtic green they will absolutely bring their A game.

In 2008 we started Vlad Rad and Luke played significant minutes at the SF spot. This year? Vlad is long gone and Luke is no more than a victory cigar. Hell, we have a rookie that is better than him :lol. PP had his way with us in 2008 because we couldn't afford to have Kobe get in foul trouble and put up 30 to give us a chance to win. In 2008 we were not tough enough. In 2009 we got a little tougher. Then we added Artest. Then we added Barnes. That's two quality tough as nails defenders to throw at him - giving Kobe the freedom to do his thang offensively. We got something for 35 year old Ray Allen too. This year? Pau is clearly better than KG. LO is better every body else on their roster. We have a quality bench too that won't squander that 24 point lead they had against the Celtic scum in 2008. Not happening. In short, we match up really well with them, but the Celtics cannot make the same claim.

I have a healthy respect for them, but it's not 2008 no more. Not by a long shot.

I like the cut of this fellow's jib.

LkrFan
11-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Boston points against: 92.6
LA points against: 99.6

Celtics were on a back to back and playing in Dallas and lost by 2. I didn't realize that equated to an ass spanking.
FG% defense is a better way to gauge how a team is defending. The Lakers play a high octane uptempo type offense. Other teams will have opportunities to score due to the blowouts we've had.

The Lakers are a top 5 defensive team in terms of FG%. Just wait until our anchor returns. Watch how that number you just pointed at goes down. :toast

crc21209
11-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Dump him...they dont need his ass anyway. :lol

TheMACHINE
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
lets keep him since he is an upgrade over Ratliff.

jacobdrj
11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Trade him for Trevor Ariza. (Not joking)

mindcrime
11-10-2010, 08:37 PM

Most of what you wrote makes sense but the part in bold. Sorry, but I take Rondo (even with his horrible jumper) over LO every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

LkrFan
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Most of what you wrote makes sense but the part in bold. Sorry, but I take Rondo (even with his horrible jumper) over LO every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
My bad. That was a typo on my part. LO is better than any big man they bring off the bench - including big Baby Davis.

Rondo is a mf'n stud. He just can't shoot worth a damn. :lol

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
We need him. If he goes down with another season-ending injury then see if he has any trade value...if not, cut him

What the fuck would cutting him accomplish? This ain't the fucking NFL.

21_Blessings
11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
It's moot, as you said.

Bynum will have a healthy season and win his third :lobt: as the starting center for the Lakers.

rayjayjohnson
11-11-2010, 06:16 AM
It's moot, as you said.

Bynum will have a healthy season and win his third :lobt: as the starting center for the Lakers.

to be a starting center dont you need to start?

MI21
11-11-2010, 06:26 AM
I think the Lakers are a better team overall with him, but their best lineup doesn't include him.