PDA

View Full Version : Splitter vs Clippers

mike20spurs
11-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Man! Splitter is doing awesome tonight. He's making Blake Griffin look like Taylor Griffin. good game from him so far!

SequSpur
11-10-2010, 11:31 PM
size is everything in the nba...griffin was a monster in college but he looks light out there with the trees...

Frenchise player
11-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes, he looks great tonight, he looks like he will be our best defensive big man and capable to contribute on offense. I'm impressed.

Cessation
11-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Start splitter already.

stealthjbravo
11-11-2010, 01:02 AM
its time

DesignatedT
11-11-2010, 01:03 AM
He played very good 1 on 1 defense out there tonight. Also ended up with 3 blocks which is nice to have another shot blocker in the paint. He still has a ways to go offensively but he is making good strides.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, we got our first real glimpse tonight of what Splitter is going to bring to this team, defensively.

With Jefferson turning the big 3 into a big 4, along with guys like Hill... and the valuable role play of Neal and Anderson, this team has all the offense it needs. We need someone to help bring some real defensive energy back to this ballclub, and Splitter might be that guy.

That's not to say he won't help on offense as well... just that his defense will be the most important thing. In no small part because of what I saw from Splitter this evening, I feel good about the Spurs chances of returning to the elite circle of NBA teams.

MaNu4Tres
11-11-2010, 01:13 AM
He played very good 1 on 1 defense out there tonight. Also ended up with 3 blocks which is nice to have another shot blocker in the paint. He still has a ways to go offensively but he is making good strides.

What touches are you referring to?

DesignatedT
11-11-2010, 01:16 AM
What touches are you referring to?

Mainly regarding the system, he still seems lost on a lot of plays and not yet in a comfort zone. Also, getting used to the bigger more athletic defenders will only come with time. I do feel like he is doing a nice job on the offensive glass and seems to have a good sense for following the ball.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Meh, I don't really care about his offense..it'll mostly consist of finishing anyways..I'm sure he'll get some post-up touches once he gets acclimated, but it won't matter as much..

His defense and size is key for this team, and so far, he has lived up to the hype..I'm excited to see him play with Duncan more often..

Cessation
11-11-2010, 01:19 AM
splitter is looking better and better with each game, its kind of scary to think how good this team will be by the start playoffs, with all the rookies getting integrated into the system as well as they have been so far

#2!
11-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Splitter is already showing consistency in a several areas like offensive rebounding, paint defense (of guards and wing players particularly), and basketball IQ. The latter surfaces on broken plays (that he sometimes causes), and he is left with his instincts. Tonight there was a play in the 2nd half where an errant pass left the ball rolling out to Jefferson; Tiago quickly stepped out to the key for a pick, giving RJ an open midrange jumpshot.

angelbelow
11-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Mainly regarding the system, he still seems lost on a lot of plays and not yet in a comfort zone. Also, getting used to the bigger more athletic defenders will only come with time. I do feel like he is doing a nice job on the offensive glass and seems to have a good sense for following the ball.

Didnt get that feeling today. Maybe the previous game aginst the cats. I thought when he caught the ball, he was patient enough (unlike Blair lol) to make the right decision, whether that was drawing the foul, waiting for a better look, or just passing it out.

He actually looks pretty confident once he catches the ball against any defender that he went up against today.

ezau
11-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Splitter is doing the things that we expect from him. Solid if not great team defense, rebounding, and a couple of putbacks here and there. 20 games into the season, he's surely going to start right next to TD.

Cessation
11-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Start The Golden God!!!

SplitterHook
11-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Pop doesn't want to play Manu with Splitter too early in the season to not give spurs fans too much hope for another :lobt2:hehe.

Nah, but seriously: once they establish their PNR then it gonna be scary. Manu is too much of a threat and also a great passer while TS understand the PnR like only few bigs in this league and is a good catcher and finisher. He needs to finish stronger in the NBA and he'll learn that...

They'll cause a lot of havoc. :hat

Splitter is already showing consistency in a several areas like offensive rebounding, paint defense (of guards and wing players particularly), and basketball IQ. The latter surfaces on broken plays (that he sometimes causes), and he is left with his instincts. Tonight there was a play in the 2nd half where an errant pass left the ball rolling out to Jefferson; Tiago quickly stepped out to the key for a pick, giving RJ an open midrange jumpshot.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Hill threw an errant pass and while the ball was rolling into jefferson Tiago instinctively protected RJ from anyone else and that allowed RJ to shoot a "practice mid-range JS".

:flag:

Manufan909
11-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Any reason why Splitter is only getting under 20 minutes? I only caught snippets of the game, but Splitter looked like a real man working the paint, specifically on O. If he wasn't scoring, he was at least drawing the foul. He didn't seem winded, but I could be wrong about that.

Brazil
11-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Any reason why Splitter is only getting under 20 minutes? I only caught snippets of the game, but Splitter looked like a real man working the paint, specifically on O. If he wasn't scoring, he was at least drawing the foul. He didn't seem winded, but I could be wrong about that.

he is not in shape to play heavy minutes, 20 mn are what he has in the tank, it will take some time for him to be able to play more.