PDA

View Full Version : Hill & Blair

LeCrab
11-10-2010, 11:55 PM
what happened...... i hope they break out of this funk...

Crookshanks
11-11-2010, 12:19 AM
It's only game 7. Geez...

ChuckD
11-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Hill never got going in the first few games, and then missed a couple with an injury. He wasn't great or anything, but finally didn't look awful tonight. Blair is just trying to do too much, and playing against starters isn't helping.

CFH
11-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Neal & Anderson stole their swagger :downspin:

BanditHiro
11-11-2010, 12:21 AM
hill did better today blair started good but really dropped off.

Texas_Ranger
11-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Blair had -14 today. Thats bad.

stealthjbravo
Need to get their worthless asses out of here

rayray2k8
Hill actually played well as opposed to Blair.
But wow. What the hell happened to Pre-season Blair? -14 for Him tonight.

Unreal

DesignatedT
11-11-2010, 12:23 AM
both took a step backwards. It's pretty evident that Hill plays better in the SL and Blair plays better off the bench.

Whenever Hill is out there with Tony he seems to play better at strictly the 2 spot.

Old School 44
11-11-2010, 12:29 AM
At the end of the Fox broadcast Sean and Bill tried to reason why Neal didn't see much time tonight by saying he didn't match up well with the Clipper's size. I think it was more due to Pop wanting to give Hill more time and hopefully instill some confidence.

Leonard Curse
11-11-2010, 12:30 AM
theyll both be fine just get blair back on the bench, so he can come in and have an idea as to what he needs 2 do & go in there and fix it!

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Blair needs to go to the bench, his game would fit a lot better there..

Hill is in one of his zones where he is thinking too much and playing too passive..while everybody remembers his breakout performance from last year, he still had some stretches last year where the same thing happened..he'll eventually break out IMO..he needs to focus on defending and making open jump shots in the meantime..

Cessation
11-11-2010, 12:36 AM
At the end of the Fox broadcast Sean and Bill tried to reason why Neal didn't see much time tonight by saying he didn't match up well with the Clipper's size. I think it was more due to Pop wanting to give Hill more time and hopefully instill some confidence.

Yeah, I agree, he most likely wanted to give hill some time, neal showed he can be counted on :rollin

DespЏrado
11-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Maybe it was just me, but I thought they both had moments where they were contributing. Hill Especially started to look more like his old self. Blair wasn't half bad.

Patience. Wait until the midpoint of the season to see how well they are doing.

stealthjbravo
11-11-2010, 12:37 AM
How many more games before Splitter is starting? :D

Cessation
11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I think hill will be fine, hes just getting used to playing with the new spurs bench, and trying to run the show, while blair wont improve, hes to short, guys drive on him, and how many times have you seen big guys shoot in his face like its practice, they know he cant do shit, so they more comfortable,

splitter needs to start pronto, whos playing as well, as blair is suckin

gospursgojas
11-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Teams know who they are know and can adjust to them. They scout them, figure out their weaknesses and exploit them.

Its now their turn to adjust.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2010, 12:59 AM
blair has been living in bonners shadow living up to malik rose NYK days...

regress so much after 1 season...

as for hill he has no excuse, already 3yr into the system ...where is the dividends?

dbestpro
11-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Splitter is willing to do all the dirty work and does not care at this point about his offensive numbers. He would be an excellent addition to the starting unit.

Blair has this idea that he wants to be MVP one day, so he is trying to do things that he simply cannot do at this stage of his career. Going back to bench would help Blair to get over himself and get focused back on what he does best.

Blair simply takes too many plays off while being part of the starting unit. Even Bonner, when he returns, would be a better choice to start at this stage of the game.

Cessation
11-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Splitter is willing to do all the dirty work and does not care at this point about his offensive numbers. He would be an excellent addition to the starting unit.

Blair has this idea that he wants to be MVP one day, so he is trying to do things that he simply cannot do at this stage of his career. Going back to bench would help Blair to get over himself and get focused back on what he does best.

Blair simply takes too many plays off while being part of the starting unit. Even Bonner, when he returns, would be a better choice to start at this stage of the game.

I agree and you're totaly right about blair taking plays off, and then he goes and gets over aggressive, getting called for over the backs, he's just not playing smart enough, and judging by his interviews, he wont turn into a rocket scientist anytime soon :downspin:

angelbelow
11-11-2010, 01:38 AM
IMO both players are improving every game. It's just not at the alarming rate that spoiled fans are used to.

If it were up to be id like to see both guys have a break out season but the bottom line is that they aren't. The way I see it were still winning ball games and should they click somewhere down the line, were going to be a deep and scary team.

Texas_Ranger
11-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Well Blair isn't the worst 2nd year guy. James Harden is pathetic.

kaji157
11-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Both are good players, they will adjust, i think they just hit the rookie wall a little later than usual.

duncan228
11-11-2010, 04:59 PM
This is big & SMALLZ @George_Hill3 @DeJuan45 new dog for their show coming soon! ...lol his name is diesel! Ctfu

http://c0013544.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_35b9efd

Spursmania
11-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Diesel? lol...:lmao

wildbill2u
11-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Blair is getting those 'clean up the trash around the basket' shots he made last year stuffed by first string centers. They've figured out they can simply reach over him from behind 'cause he's TOO short and too slow with his shot.

SouthTexasRancher
11-11-2010, 07:00 PM
what happened...... i hope they break out of this funk...

Damn! Damn! Damn!

You are right...OFF With Their Heads!

A lifetime sentence in Solitary!

No food for a month!

No water for two weeks!

No sex for a day!

Ship them both to gloomy Cleveland where not even Little Lae'brahn wanted to play!

Yes, yes coach Pop...get what you can for these two bums immediately. Even 2 cans of tuna will; be a plus!

7 games into the season and neither has helped The SA Spurs win the NBA Championship this season! Funny, but neither has Kobe or Paul of Rondo or Superman....nobody has! Yes, we should be undefeated like the Hornets & Lakers but, we're not so it has to be the firing squad for these two worthless players who can't shoot, rebound, pass, block shots, steal the ball or anything or even dance The Texas Two Step!

Yes, Pop, you must listen to the guy from Cleveland. He must have all the world's answers. Let's make him POTUS! Yes, that's the ticket!

BlairForceDejuan
11-11-2010, 07:09 PM
They will find the light soon enough. You must have faith in this duo. Spur fan better not drop Hill so quickly. He is the main reason the Spurs beat Dallas in the playoffs last season.

100%duncan
11-12-2010, 07:10 AM
hey hey. no need to panic. hill helped spurs beat dallas and blair is just new to the starting game. they will get it soon. dont lose hope. this is our DYNAMIC DUO

remingtonbo2001
11-12-2010, 09:11 AM
This is big & SMALLZ @George_Hill3 @DeJuan45 new dog for their show coming soon! ...lol his name is diesel! Ctfu

Commercial shoot at the Express Lube on FM 78. Both players were very kind, in addition to being very humorous. If I get a chance, I'll try to post pictures and/or video.

hater
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
what? Hill has been playing pretty decently. He will start getting more minutes, remember, he just came from injury.

Blair is making me wish Bonner was back.

Agloco
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM

:(

LeCrab
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hill and Blair are officially back

Welcome back :flag:

Crookshanks
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Blair had a double-double by half time - I'd say he's back. And George Hill played just awesome tonight.

Nathan89
12-08-2010, 10:59 PM

Welcome back :flag:

Disagree it's not official for Blair. Putting up numbers against the Warriors doesn't mean anything to me. Blair played well against the Warriors last game. He has to do something good against teams with size on multiple occasions for me to give him props. Hill has been playing great though.

SpursDynasty85
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Welcome back

Hill is definitely back. Blair, not so much...

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Blair & Hill are the future of the Spurs, I don't think they're going anywhere. There's a slight possibility that we could trade Blair later on, but I doubt it, his basketball IQ is really high, and he's just adjusting to the starting center role, especially since most other team's center's have a height advantage on him, but he has the mass advantage on them. haha.

UnWantedTheory
12-09-2010, 01:48 AM
It is nice to see both of them doing well as of late.

Vito Corleone
12-09-2010, 10:45 AM
a few bad games and lots of guys were ready to dump both guys. These guys both have talent and once they find their rhythm they will be fine.

I have no doubts about what George brings, his game reminds me of Chauncey Billups. Blair still needs to prove he can be an asset against the Mavs, Lakers and Celtics.

If he can prove he can handle the job against those teams we are going to be a tough team to beat.

LeCrab
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
So i think it's safe to say blair and hill are back :flag:

DMC
12-11-2010, 01:15 AM
When Hill is aggressive, good things happen. However he tends to dribble the ball a bit too much. That will change. He's developing into a star. He's now a game changer, like Manu was when he used to come off the bench. Hill would start on most other teams.

Blair will find his comfort zone. I think he has more potential than anyone else on the team who hasn't already peaked. In fact, I think he's going to leave a mark on this league. He's got the hands, strength and an uncanny knack for getting to the rebound, plus his personality is magnetic. I think he will do well.