PDA

View Full Version : As for Matt Bonner

The_Worlds_finest
11-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Where is this guy going to fit in when he comes back?

ducks
11-11-2010, 12:31 AM
as a cheerleader

Texas_Ranger
11-11-2010, 12:34 AM
I bet Pop will play him at least 10 minutes per game. :madrun

11-11-2010, 12:34 AM
spurs already paid him. might as well let him go out there and give mcdyess and duncan some rest.

DesignatedT
11-11-2010, 12:38 AM
He should be used as the 4th big or when one needs a rest or is playing poorly. If Splitter continues to improve at this rate than I don't see matty being a factor at all come playoff time but as the regular season goes, he is a great filler for duncan or dice when they start sitting on b2b's - which they definitely will IMO

Cessation
11-11-2010, 12:46 AM
splitter will start, and bonner will take blairs minutes

crc21209
11-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Hopefully on the bench or only in cases where they are in desperate need of 3-pt shooting.

it's me
11-11-2010, 12:50 AM
ship his ass somewhere else..... no need for him here.... we've got TIAGOOO

stealthjbravo
11-11-2010, 12:50 AM
I hope Splitter gets the start soon

99-03-05-07
11-11-2010, 01:30 AM
trade?

EricB
11-11-2010, 01:54 AM
He'll come in and take some of Blair's minutes right away due to his poor play.

No one can dispute that nor is it arguable. Blair isn't earning his minutes.

kaji157
11-11-2010, 02:19 AM
http://www.theteeparty.com/designs/400/lifes_a_bench_img1.gif

Leonard Curse
11-11-2010, 03:39 AM
yep theres a big hole that needs to be filled and i think its been missing ever sice he got injured and i dont want to see anyone else there but him... the bench that is, can you imagine how strong this team would be if he filled the bench warmer role? ! i really hope pop does the right thing and lets him fill that spot. :p:

Hooks
11-11-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't mind him coming back as long as he comes off the bench. Dice is playing like a BEAST, his jump shot is already money, his rebounding is good and his defense has been solid. This is the Dice I remember seeing with the Pistons, last year he didn't turn it up until the playoffs but this year he's already playing well. We need to limit his minutes to save him for later on, that's where Bonner comes in, he'll take up Dice's mins so Dice can rest.

Spursfanfromafar
11-11-2010, 04:32 AM
He will raise the offensive efficiency even more higher. Not sure about whether he will do anything to help the defense. More Bonner means lesser strains on Dice and I will take it.

TJastal
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
splitter will start, and bonner will take blairs minutes

If Bonner takes Blair's minutes, we're basically fucked.

TJastal
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
ship his ass somewhere else..... no need for him here.... we've got TIAGOOO

http://cruises.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Cruise_to_Nowhere

I'll buy his ticket.

yavozerb
11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
If Bonner takes Blair's minutes, we're basically fucked.

Blair has been sub-par at best. I would prefer to see Bonner eat up some of his minutes and spread the floor more for Manu and TP to drive to the basket. If Blair cannot rule the boards then he really does not need to be on the floor.

JonNOKC
11-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Hopefully Blair turns it around soon or Bonner may take his minutes - ultimately in a playoff run Bonner should become a siutational role player - however in reg season Bonner should and will get decent minutes - him being able to play well (at least offset defensive weakness with scoring) is essential to TD and Dice getting the rest they need - we cannot go the whole season with Dice playing the type of minutes he is - Obviously Tiago getting in shape and gaining coporate knowledge will help but in a perfect world Bonner and Blair would step up and play to thier capabilities/strengths allowing TD and Dice to be very fresh for stretch run

Bruno
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
For the moment, players are still fresh and Spurs have a light schedule. Bonner will be useful when players will start to be tired and the schedule will be more dense. It will allow Pop to rest Duncan and McDyess.

However, I think there are some issues with Bonner:
- Spurs perimeter rotation is Parker, Ginobili, RJ, Hill, Neal and Anderson. That's a lot of shooting. What is the point of having a shooting PF like Bonner? I rather have rebounders and/or defenders in the paint with these perimeter players. Neal and Anderson looking good makes Bonner shooting less needed.
- Blair struggling as a stater also hurt Bonner. If the long tern starting frontcourt is Duncan and Splitter, having Bonner and Blair on the bench sucks because they can't play together.
- With Parker's extension being signed, Bonner being paid more than $3M per year is problematic if he doesn't play a significant role.

I still don't know why Spurs have re-signed Bonner to that contract but I hope all these elements will push Spurs to put him on the trade market on December 15. I'm quite sure some teams with shooting struggles would like to have him.

lefty
11-11-2010, 11:43 AM
No more Matt Bonner

Please...

Fucking momentum killer