11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
uvuc_ADbX9g&translated=1

lefty
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
That was nice, especially after all his retarded turnovers

Great move

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Never seen anyone use the behind the back dribble as effectively or as effortlessly as Ginobili.

Solid D
11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Never seen anyone use the behind the back dribble as effectively or as effortlessly as Ginobili.

Manu has a very similar style to Pete Maravich. Manu is not the showman that Maravich was but Manu is a more intense competitor than Pistol Pete was. The creativity in dribbling behind the back or through the legs, passing and shot-making certainly has it's similarities.

By the way, what people call the "Dream Shake" did not originate with Hakeem the Dream. That was a standard move in Pistol Pete's arsenal.

wildbill2u
11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
If you watch this move carefully, FOUR of the Clippers have a shot at defending Manu and he beats them all. Remember the Clips are playing a two-three zone.

He splits between the two guys in the zone near the top of the arc with his behnd the back dribble, then as he careens down the lane, he makes a little move that fakes the guy playing the right wing into taking himself completely out of the play to cover a non-existant player and then Manu puts the ball up with his right hand, avoiding the defense of their center.

For Manu, it's just another walk in the park--or should I say a cruise down the lane.

ohmwrecker
11-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Manu has a very similar style to Pete Maravich. Manu is not the showman that Maravich was but Manu is a more intense competitor than Pistol Pete was. The creativity in dribbling behind the back or through the legs, passing and shot-making certainly has it's similarities.

By the way, what people call the "Dream Shake" did not originate with Hakeem the Dream. That was a standard move in Pistol Pete's arsenal.

I've said this a thousand times and what is most amazing is that most people don't even know who Maravich is. "Pistol" could have been one of the greatest of all time if he hadn't let his personal demons effect his professional career.

Manu is a combination of Maravich's skill set with Jordan's competitive fire. When is all said and done, Manu will be more widely revered than he is currently.

Obstructed_View
11-11-2010, 04:56 PM
The only way Maravich made a team better was by leaving it. He was living proof that talent doesn't mean much in a team game.

The best part of that video was right before that move Mark Jackson said "You have to keep Manu from going to his left hand." It's almost like Manu responded by saying "Okay, here's my right."

Solid D
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I've said this a thousand times and what is most amazing is that most people don't even know who Maravich is. "Pistol" could have been one of the greatest of all time if he hadn't let his personal demons effect his professional career.

Manu is a combination of Maravich's skill set with Jordan's competitive fire. When is all said and done, Manu will be more widely revered than he is currently.

I've always thought of Manu as a cross between Maravich and Hondo Havlicek, but both Hondo and Jordan were fierce competitors.

Spursmania
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Sweet. I love watching that replay-very difficult to defend that move.

Solid D
11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
For some of you, if you have never seen video of Pete Maravich in college. This collection of video gives you an idea of how amazing a player he was... and we're talking over 40 years ago.

n8qUZILi8IM

Solid D
11-11-2010, 06:44 PM
8Y5KAaercTI&feature=related

This one, no sound also, has Pete's NBA highlights including many in his funky Atlanta Hawks unis.

emanueldavidginobili
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM

this...i dont know what he does differently than other people when they do around the back, his around the back is so much more effective than others for some reason