Ecuador

Group C-
Uruguay
Chile
Mexico
Peru

DAF86
11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
How awesome would it be if Japan wins it all?

SAtown
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I know it's a South American tournament, and I really don't care that they aren't in, but they should let the US in instead of Japan (I know they're in for winning some tournament). I think they'd even make the tourny a little more interesting than Peru or Venezuela.

Libri
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I thought the US was going to get invited. I guess it was just talk or rumor.

DAF86
11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I've always said that the Copa America should be a tournament of the whole continent (or the two continents depending on where you are) with the CONCACAF and CONMEBOL teams, I don't know why don't they make it happen.

Anyway, Japan plays 'cause the main spaonsor of the tournament is NISSAN.

EduRiker
11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
The US was not invited because the last time they were, they sent a C team to the tournament.

Sense
11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
The US was not invited because the last time they were, they sent a C team to the tournament.

:wtf?

EduRiker
11-12-2010, 12:03 AM
:wtf?

I thought I was pretty clear in my post. The US was invited for the 2007 Copa America. They sent a C team, composed of young unproven players. Conmebol did not like it. Therefore they are not invited.

Need any more clarification?

velik_m
11-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I've always said that the Copa America should be a tournament of the whole continent (or the two continents depending on where you are) with the CONCACAF and CONMEBOL teams, I don't know why don't they make it happen.

This.

EduRiker
11-12-2010, 12:28 AM
This.

You do realize that CONCACAF is more than just Mexico, USA and Canada, right?

So, what should we do about the other countries? The calendar is too tight as it is.

Not saying it's not happening, but it would take one hell of an adjustment to make it work.

diego
11-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Japan actually played a while back too, can't remember exactly but definitely late 90's

As EduRiker stated, CONMEBOL was pissed the US sent a C team last time and thats why they werent invited, absolutely the correct decision IMO.

And Japan is a much better team than any other CONCACAF team. So this is very good IMO.

an interesting rumor i heard is that a spanish business is lobbying FIFA to do a WC champions cup, with the 8 tournament winners:
Brazil
Argentina
Uruguay
Germany
Italy
France
Spain
England

it would be a fun tournament..

MaNuMaNiAc
11-12-2010, 09:34 AM
an interesting rumor i heard is that a spanish business is lobbying FIFA to do a WC champions cup, with the 8 tournament winners:
Brazil
Argentina
Uruguay
Germany
Italy
France
Spain
England

it would be a fun tournament..

that would be incredible

hater
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
So C teams are a nono but B teams are ok? makes no sense.

Brazil always sends their B teams and they end up winning it all anyway. I dont' see commebol complaining.

EduRiker
11-12-2010, 10:07 AM

Brazil always sends their B teams and they end up winning it all anyway. I dont' see commebol complaining.

LMAO Huge difference there.

Brazil can send any team they want. They are in the tournament regardless of invitation. Besides, like you said, a B team seems enough to win the whole thing anyway.

DAF86
11-12-2010, 11:23 AM

That bullshit of Brazil sending a B team to the Copa America is a fucking lie, I don't know why people keep saying it, in that moment (copa america in Venezuela 0f 2007) most thought that Brazil sent their B team 'cause neither Ronaldinho nor Kaka played, but the thing is that Dunga didn't have Ronaldinho on his plans, the only starter missing for Brazil at that time was Kaka, the rest of the team was the starting line-up that Dunga had in mind.

diego
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
brazil always sends their B teams eh? i'd like to know which ones were B teams.

You're probably right they always send their B teams, since they only won 8 times to argentina and uruguay's 14 each.

EduRiker
11-12-2010, 01:39 PM
You guys crack me up. The "myth" began in Colombia 2001, when Argentina didnt even bother to show up. We sent our D team and got our asses handed to us by Honduras in the quarterfinals.

In Peru 2004, Brazil played without Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaká, Roberto Carlos, Cafu and Dida. They were all in their prime.

Finally, in Venezuela 2007, Brazil was missing Julio Cesar, Lucio, Kaká and Ronaldinho.

And while it is true Brazil has only 8 titles (4 of the last 5) and Argentina has 14, it is also true that the Albiceleste is hosting this thing for the 10th freaking time against Brazils 4.

But hey, Im sure you guys are going to end this drought this year. I mean, it´s been 17 years already.

DAF86
11-12-2010, 01:57 PM
All I know is that the whole "Brazil sent a B squad to the last Copa America" shit isn't true. They had more players in that squad that ended up playing as starters in the WC than Argentina had.

P/S: You can delete the double posts. Go to edit and in the top you have the option to delete the post.

hater
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
That bullshit of Brazil sending a B team to the Copa America is a fucking lie, I don't know why people keep saying it, in that moment (copa america in Venezuela 0f 2007) most thought that Brazil sent their B team 'cause neither Ronaldinho nor Kaka played, but the thing is that Dunga didn't have Ronaldinho on his plans, the only starter missing for Brazil at that time was Kaka, the rest of the team was the starting line-up that Dunga had in mind.

homie please. everyone knows Brazil sends their B team and usually play Argentina's A++ team in the final and usually beat them.

and I'm talking about in modern times. I could care less what happened ages ago.

velik_m
11-12-2010, 04:17 PM
You do realize that CONCACAF is more than just Mexico, USA and Canada, right?

So, what should we do about the other countries? The calendar is too tight as it is.

Not saying it's not happening, but it would take one hell of an adjustment to make it work.

Qualifying groups...

EduRiker
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Qualifying groups...

Oh, Im thrilled with Brazil taking on Guadaloupe. Im sure the clubs will also be happy to send their stars to play these qualifying.

Like I said, I like the idea. But it's much easier to just invite Mexico and United States (when they send their A squad) than to create a whole new calendar.

DAF86
11-13-2010, 04:04 AM
homie please. everyone knows Brazil sends their B team and usually play Argentina's A++ team in the final and usually beat them.

and I'm talking about in modern times. I could care less what happened ages ago.

You don't know shit, check how many starters Brazil had in Venezuela 2007 that ended up playing as starters in the WC and how many Argentina had. Why do you talk about something you don't know?

DAF86
11-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Oh, Im thrilled with Brazil taking on Guadaloupe. Im sure the clubs will also be happy to send their stars to play these qualifying.

Like I said, I like the idea. But it's much easier to just invite Mexico and United States (when they send their A squad) than to create a whole new calendar.

Instead of playing friendlies like we're doing now, we play the qualifiers like Europe does.

diego
11-13-2010, 05:53 AM
You guys crack me up. The "myth" began in Colombia 2001, when Argentina didnt even bother to show up. We sent our D team and got our asses handed to us by Honduras in the quarterfinals.

bit of a difference betwen 2001 and always. Brazil sent a "D" team for the same reason Argentina didnt send any team, security concerns (the whole tournament was cancelled at one point).

In Peru 2004, Brazil played without Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaká, Roberto Carlos, Cafu and Dida. They were all in their prime.

Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu were in their prime in 2004? Please. Parreira was roasted for playing those old guys in the 06 WC.
:lol at even mentioning Dida in between those other players. that guy sucks compared to those guys, even next to Julio Cesar (who is not the legend those guys are) he sucks.
The only ones you can argue are Dinho and Kaka, Dinho was in his prime and Kaka was entering his, however I don't recall if injury had anything to do with them not going.

Finally, in Venezuela 2007, Brazil was missing Julio Cesar, Lucio, Kaká and Ronaldinho.

DAF already pointed out most of this copa america team went on to the WC. I just want to add, that both Kaka and Ronaldinho excused themselves from this Copa, Dinho especially was banged up and basically this was the beginning of the end for him. Lucio didnt play because he was injured (had surgery a little while before that). I don't recall why Julio Cesar didnt play.

And while it is true Brazil has only 8 titles (4 of the last 5) and Argentina has 14, it is also true that the Albiceleste is hosting this thing for the 10th freaking time against Brazils 4.

But hey, Im sure you guys are going to end this drought this year. I mean, it´s been 17 years already.

Brazil has almost 10 times the population of Argentina, more than twice the number of world cups, but has nearly half the number of copa america titles because the tournament was played in argentina more times? please. what about uruguay, how many times did they host it?

look, Brazil definitely has a better NT history than any other country, and much more quality players than any other country. But to say that Brazil only sends B, C or D teams to Copa America or any other tournament is bullshit. It is Brazil's responsibility who they send- if Dunga likes to play without Pato, for example, that is his problem. Did Chile send its B team to the WC because the coach didnt like certain international players? (and chile has all of 9-10 players in europe, not like brazil which has thousands). Just because 4-5 players are arguable doesnt make it a B team. And if you follow this sport, you know as well as I do that NT selections have as much to do with talent/coaching as they do with business- Brazil especially is known to call players up just to shop them.