PDA

View Full Version : A little morsel on Javtokas

Solid D
05-23-2005, 04:50 PM
http://www.24sec.net/article.asp?index=1756

"The club (Lieutuvos Rytas) is negotiating with Simas Jasaitis, Robertas Javtokas (who is waiting for an answer from the NBA) and two more players - one Lithuanian and one foreigner."

timvp
05-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Bring him over for summer league at least. See if his size translates to the NBA.

ducks
05-23-2005, 04:52 PM
hummm.

ducks
05-23-2005, 04:53 PM
would he be tony masserberg replacement?

ladiesman
05-23-2005, 04:57 PM
would he be tony masserberg replacement?

I thought that was Scola.

ducks
05-23-2005, 05:07 PM
scola could be horry's replacement
without the big three pointers
if horry retires
hopefully he will not and play more of a tony masserberg role next year tell playoffs

Extra Stout
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Bring him over for summer league at least. See if his size translates to the NBA.
What summer leagues? Wouldn't bringing him over require communicating with him? Won't that be verboten after July 1?

RobinsontoDuncan
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
No way I want Horry to take a back seat to Scola, not the way he is playing now. Make Scola earn his mins on the bench for a few years and then when Horry has nothing less to give, bring Scola into the fold.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-23-2005, 05:18 PM
If we lose Devin Brown, then bring Javokotas in, he has amazing athleticism and could be an awesome asset on the break running full steam down the floor.

Solid D
05-23-2005, 05:19 PM
The thought of Horry not playing for the Spurs next season (at this juncture) is repulsive. He's been huge for the Spurs off the bench.

I don't think the Spurs have room for Scola and Javtokas, both, and I'm not sure if Javtokas has what it takes to make it with the Spurs. His role in Vilnius for L. Rytas and with the Lithuanian NT was screen-setting, rebounding and defending the middle. He's not a great scorer. He can play the physical game, though.

Scola is a more complete player and would really be a plus-player...an energy guy, off the bench. He is capable of being a high + performer in the +/- numbers.

ducks
05-23-2005, 05:20 PM
you save horry tell the playoffs dude
he shows up after all star break anyhow
you play scola before and see what he can do BEFORE THE ALL STAR BREAK TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO!

ducks
05-23-2005, 05:22 PM
horry played less this year early then last year
and it looks like it is PAYING OFF BIG TIME!

Boo
05-23-2005, 05:23 PM
agree with what ducks says, right on.

ducks
05-23-2005, 05:26 PM
I will add hard to see horry playing one more year if they win it all this year
unless he wants to do coaching later but I think he wants to be close to his family!

timvp
05-23-2005, 05:30 PM
What summer leagues? Wouldn't bringing him over require communicating with him? Won't that be verboten after July 1?

Summer leagues are in July.

Extra Stout
05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Summer leagues are in July.And thus would be called off because of the lockout, right?

timvp
05-23-2005, 05:41 PM
And thus would be called off because of the lockout, right?

Ah, I see what you mean. If there is a lockout, then yeah there won't be any summer leagues.

But much like Ginobili and Giricek, the Spurs will probably have to pick either Scola or Big J. Sounds like Scola is the man. Maybe the Spurs can trade J for a draft pick?

Extra Stout
05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. If there is a lockout, then yeah there won't be any summer leagues.

But much like Ginobili and Giricek, the Spurs will probably have to pick either Scola or Big J. Sounds like Scola is the man. Maybe the Spurs can trade J for a draft pick?J hasn't exactly been lighting it up. His comeback has been heroic, but is there really a market for formerly-athletic, now-mechanical big men who put up 12 and 7 in obscure European leagues?

Maybe Isiah Thomas will trade his lottery pick for him. :spin

Kori Ellis
05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
If there is a lockout, then yeah there won't be any summer leagues.

I believe there will still be Summer Pro League in Long Beach because it isn't sanctioned by the NBA. But there wouldn't be any Rocky Mt. Revue or Reebok Shaw.

Mark in Austin
05-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Misti might confirm this, but I believe that Horry has been pretty non-committal about even wanting to be back. I assume this means either retirment or playing for Houston to be close to the family, esp. his daughter.

I agree w/ timvp. Bring him over for summer league. If he proves to be nothing more than an energy guy who understands how the Spurs want to play, and can set picks and screens, rebound and defend the middle, with his size he's already an upgrade over Massesnerg.

T Park
05-23-2005, 07:29 PM
If he proves to be nothing more than an energy guy who understands how the Spurs want to play, and can set picks and screens, rebound and defend the middle, with his size he's already an upgrade over Massesnerg.

that sounds like Rasho Nesterovic, cheaper, more athletic.

Bring him in, package Nesterovic up, have Scola come in, beg Robert Horry to play 2 more years.