PDA

View Full Version : is it just me..

MavFan6488
11-12-2010, 10:33 AM
.. or did lebron and wade both lost their superstar status already? i know it's early in the season but i my eyes they look so non-threatening playing together. i was actually scared of lebron when he was in cleveland. he looked and played like a monster every night. same thing with wade when he was the one-man show in miami a season ago. now lebron looks like he lost 50 pounds of muscle and wade seems to depend on free throws even more. it could be a result of sharing the spotlight, but compare it with the lakers. they are loaded with talent since the gasol-trade. one night bryant dominates, the next night it's gasol. but when the mavs play the lakers, the ONLY player i'm still scared of is kobe. but there's NOTHING scary about lebron and wade anymore..

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 10:38 AM
The only superstar players this season have been Paul, Howard and Gasol..

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I would throw Durant, Rondo and Wall into the discussion as well.

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 10:47 AM
and John Wall, Rajon Rondo, Derick Rose and Paul Millsap

lefty
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
The only superstar players this season have been Paul, Howard and Gasol..
And Millsap :D

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
and Dick Jefferson btw

lefty
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
And Matt Bonner when not playing

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
And Millsap :D

I forgot about Milsap, but he is second tier with guys like Odom, Okafor and . . . wait for it . . . Dickie J!

Giuseppe
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM
^& your rapist Neal!

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
At least Neal finished.

Venti Quattro
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
so cubby comes in and sends the entire thread to the tree of woe with his woeful repetitive shtick lol

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Durant?..he's having an absolutely horrible season so far..39% from the field and 30% from 3s, historically bad efficiency so far..

Wall has impressed, but he's not playing at a superstar level..

Rondo is arguable though, although I don't know if I'll never view him as a superstar until he can be any kind of scoring threat..even prime Jason Kidd was more of a scoring threat than Rondo, just by being a poor shooter, instead of one of the worst in the NBA..

TheMACHINE
11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
and Okafor

TheMACHINE
Granger

TheMACHINE
David Lee, Zach Randolph

Giuseppe
11-12-2010, 11:02 AM
At least Neal finished.

It's so satisfying seeing your fandom come around to the rapist's point of view.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Rapists Club.

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Durant?..he's having an absolutely horrible season so far..39% from the field and 30% from 3s, historically bad efficiency so far..

and yet he is still leading the league in ppg and his team has a winning record. When his shots start falling at a consistent clip, it won't even be debatable.

Wall has impressed, but he's not playing at a superstar level..he looks like a superstar to me 1st in steals, 4th in assists a trip dub machine waiting to happen.

Rondo is arguable though, although I don't know if I'll never view him as a superstar until he can be any kind of scoring threat..even prime Jason Kidd was more of a scoring threat than Rondo, just by being a poor shooter, instead of one of the worst in the NBA..

Rondo's inability to shoot didn't seem to matter when the C's beat the "best team in the league" last night . . .

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 11:12 AM
How are you possibly arguing that Durant is playing at a superstar level when he's shooting 39% from the field?..you can't possibly be playing like a superstar when you're shooting at some of the worst efficiency in the NBA, worse than Iverson level..

How can you use Durant's "winning team" as an argument, but then ignore it when you're talking about Wall?..

Wall is averaging 5 turnovers a game and has been inconsistent, as expected..literally half of his games have been good/great, and the other half have been bad..he's the ROY so far, but he's far from a superstar..

Rondo's inability to shoot doesn't matter when his team is stacked..he doesn't fit the criteria of a superstar, which usually has to carry his team or play like it on a consistent basis..

Giuseppe
11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Har, runnin' as fast as he can.

tee, hee.

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Rondo + Wall are superstars. Fact.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
How can you be a superstar if opposing teams don't even guard you?..

If Wall is a superstar right now, then you can say the same thing for at least 10 other players..

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 11:18 AM
superstars make teammates better and get wins.

the wiz have probably the worst team talentwise in the nba. and they still winning games. Rondo makes the Celtics a well oiled machine.

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 11:25 AM
How are you possibly arguing that Durant is playing at a superstar level when he's shooting 39% from the field?..you can't possibly be playing like a superstar when you're shooting at some of the worst efficiency in the NBA, worse than Iverson level..

Durant's fg% is more reflective of the Thunder not playing good team ball right now. He isn't getting a lot of help and he's doing to much, taking too many bad shots . . . but I see your point, right now.

How can you use Durant's "winning team" as an argument, but then ignore it when you're talking about Wall?..

Wall is averaging 5 turnovers a game and has been inconsistent, as expected..literally half of his games have been good/great, and the other half have been bad..he's the ROY so far, but he's far from a superstar..

Because he is a rookie on a bad team. Different standard. You can't judge the Thunder and the Wizards on the same level.

Rondo's inability to shoot doesn't matter when his team is stacked..he doesn't fit the criteria of a superstar, which usually has to carry his team or play like it on a consistent basis..

Rondo runs that team. He doesn't need to score when he has all those weapons. Playing for the Celtics has, arguably, hindered his development as a scorer, but that team is not in contention without Rondo.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree that it's a different standard for Wall, but that's why I don't consider him to be a superstar..he's the ROY right now and he looks amazing, but I don't see how he can be considered a superstar(last year's superstars were Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Howard, can he be compared to them?)..

I agree that Rondo runs the Celtics and they aren't even close to being a contender without him..I just don't agree that he fits the criteria of a superstar player..when teams don't even guard you, like the Lakers did against him last year in the Finals, I can't consider that to be a superstar..

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 11:39 AM
The term "superstar" is a little subjective. Part of it is stats and level of play, but there is major consideration for clout and respect. John Wall is undoubtedly a future superstar and Rondo is kind of redefining the criteria. imo . . .

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree that Wall is a future superstar..players are rarely superstars during their rookie seasons though..Duncan was probably the most recent, and that was like 13 years ago..

Rondo can be a superstar, I gave my reasons for why he isn't though..I'm a fan of his game, always have been, so I'd like to see him eventually develop a shot, and more importantly, have confidence in his shot..

Fpoonsie
11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
http://tshirthell.vo.llnwd.net/e1/shirts/products/a1203/a1203_bm.gif

Nathan89
11-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Rondo a superstar:wtf. Bullshit.

I have no fear of Rondo.

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM
The "superstar" tag is really insignificant to the discussion. I am talking about the kids who are playing the best ball right now.

jdiggy0424
11-12-2010, 02:56 PM
i consider a superstar someone that scares me when they have the ball ex: Kobe, Durant etc. Someone that dominates when the game is on the line, or isn't afraid to take that final shot. Only few players like that exist. I used to get scared of Steve Nash (on offense) evertime Spurs faced the Suns.

hater
11-12-2010, 03:02 PM
at this stage 10 games into the season it's simple. Only a handful are worth mentioning:
Paul, Howard, Rondo, Gasol, Wall, Rose

Amarelooms
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Dirk is a superstar you dummies....jesus christ

:elephant