PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jefferson 2010-2011 Allstar?

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
seriously, if he keeps it up how can they not put him in there??

lefty
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Because he is a Spur

nkdlunch
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM
IMO if they all keep it up we should do like Pistons a few years ago and have 4 guys in the Allstar.

not that it's a good thing cause the Pistons lost that year.

lefty
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
IMO if they all keep it up we should do like Pistons a few years ago and have 4 guys in the Allstar.
We all know how that jinxed the Pistons

Agloco
11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
seriously, if he keeps it up how can they not put him in there??

Because he fraternizes with Walton, if for no other reason.

ohmwrecker
11-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Not going to happen . . . deserved, or not. However, he is a strong candidate for MIP.

Prodigal
11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
If he keeps playing like he has been, they won't be able to keep him off.

CubanMustGo
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
premature ejaculation thread

stnick2261
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM
because he's not competing against other spurs (other than Duncan and Duncan has a wider voting fanbase)... he's competing against the other forwards of the western conference

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
If he keeps this up he might be deserving, but there's no way he'll generate enough hype playing in SA to make it happen. Just off the top of my head, Duncan, Dirk, and Blake Griffin strike me as guys who would be sexier forward choices to your average voter.

Dex
11-12-2010, 12:52 PM
It's not that he doesn't deserve it. It's just that there are too many candidates ahead of him in the forward-heavy West. Durant, Gasol, Carmelo, Griffin, Dirk, Scola, and Duncan are all likely to get the nod from either the fans or the coaches before Jefferson, even if he kept up these numbers.

bongraider
11-13-2010, 12:58 AM
was a fan of him in his Nets days but he never got to be an All Star then, and i don't think it's gonna happen now.

phyzik
11-13-2010, 01:05 AM
was a fan of him in his Nets days but he never got to be an All Star then, and i don't think it's gonna happen now.

I beg to differ....

On the Nets he was at least the number 2 guy on the team....

Now he is, at best, the number 4 guy on the team and is putting up some spectacular numbers.

The question is, can he sustain those numbers??......

Honestly, I dont think so..... but if he does, there is no way you do not vote him onto the allstar team after being the number 4 guy with those stats.

IF he keeps it up, he will get voted in by the coaches. No doubt in my mind.

I just dont think he can sustain this level of play though. I hope he proves me wrong. If he can keep up with this level of play for the entire season and into the playoffs, the Spurs will be a hard team to beat. If Jefferson plays like this in the playoffs, it will be an extremely entertaining matchup against the Lakers regardless if the Spurs win or lose.

phyzik
11-13-2010, 01:18 AM
I just realized, Im just 3 months and 11 days older than RJ and he has made more money in 1 year than I will probably make in my lifetime. :(

name a guard or forward that is putting up numbers better than him with the minutes he plays at this point..... Nevermind being the FOURTH OPTION!!!!

If he keeps it up, he will be an allstar.

bongraider
11-13-2010, 01:19 AM
i can't believe he's scoring this much on jumpers and threes. great of Pop to add a new facet to his game. if he continues shooting like this, opposing teams will have to keep him in check and will need to stretch their defenses more. looks like we don't need Matt Bonner any more...

Cessation
11-13-2010, 01:32 AM
It would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it.

timtonymanu
11-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Nope. There are better players than him in the West. I think Manu has a great chance though. Timmy will likely get in even though he's had a slow start.

It doesn't matter though. As long as RJ stays consistent all year and the playoffs, I don't care if he makes it or not.

crc21209
11-13-2010, 01:43 AM
He's a good sleeper pick maybe to be picked by the coaches at this point, but we have to see if he keeps it up until then. Plus as others have mentioned there are way too many forwards who would be chosen ahead of him...Durant, Melo, Gasol, TD, etc.

JWest596
11-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Too few games (less than 10) and way too early to discuss All Star selections.

But a couple of "lights out" games on national TV and a strong W-L record could start the conversation. Spurs are generally ignored.

mystargtr34
11-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Duncan
Durant
Dirk
Gasol
Carmelo
Aldridge
Gay
Randolph
Odom
Millsap
Lee
Love
Scola
Griffin

Nearly all of those guys are likely to have better numbers than Jefferson since they have larger roles on their teams... obviously team record comes into it also and some like Gasol and Duncan can be voted in as Centers by coaches.. but they could get voted in by fans..

I really dont see any scenario where RJ would be voted in... even if he continues to put up 18-20 points a game... just too much depth at the Forward position in the West.

Chomag
11-13-2010, 09:10 AM
4th options on a team usualy don't get in the All-stars so I would think the odds are against it. I'm just happy he is playing well right now.

8FOR!3
11-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd think at the small forward spot his main competition is Rudy Gay, Melo, and Durant. I can see him having a better year than Gay (IF he keeps this up,) but no way he gets in instead of Melo and Durant. But who knows, this is mostly fan voted right? I'm sure he'll get a lot of hype throughout the season if he continues to step up and let's all support the guy come voting time if he deserves it.

stnick2261
11-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd think at the small forward spot his main competition is Rudy Gay, Melo, and Durant. I can see him having a better year than Gay (IF he keeps this up,) but no way he gets in instead of Melo and Durant. But who knows, this is mostly fan voted right? I'm sure he'll get a lot of hype throughout the season if he continues to step up and let's all support the guy come voting time if he deserves it.

they don't separate SF from PF... Jefferson is competing with ALL forwards

Solid D
11-13-2010, 12:34 PM
they don't separate SF from PF... Jefferson is competing with ALL forwards

True for the starters with fan voting. The coaches and league (injury replacement) decide the rest of the players, so it may involve a more refined positional decision. However, I agree with everyone else saying it's not likely the 4th option on the Spurs makes the All Star West squad, unless RJ is scoring 25 ppg or similar.

DAF86
11-13-2010, 12:55 PM
If he keeps it up, he will be an allstar.

It's humanly impossible to keep those shooting %.

BanditHiro
11-13-2010, 01:04 PM
It's humanly impossible to keep those shooting %.

not really...

hopefully at least he can be part of the three point shoot out

UnWantedTheory
11-13-2010, 06:51 PM
It's not that he doesn't deserve it. It's just that there are too many candidates ahead of him in the forward-heavy West. Durant, Gasol, Carmelo, Griffin, Dirk, Scola, and Duncan are all likely to get the nod from either the fans or the coaches before Jefferson, even if he kept up these numbers.

DAF86
11-13-2010, 07:26 PM
not really...

hopefully at least he can be part of the three point shoot out

Tell me of another NBA player that has shot 587% from the field and 533% from 3 during an entire season, or at least something remotely close.