PDA

View Full Version : Heat Org begging fans to come to the games.

Lp26
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Fan Up! :lmao

http://www.nba.com/heat/tickets/heat_fan_up_miami_2010.html

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Ashy Larry called this during the off-season IIRC..about Miami being the worst fanbase in sports..

It's sad that they can't even fill an arena to open games, even though they added Lebron..I understand there are better things to do in Miami, but still..

lefty
11-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Please come to our games.... or at least do it for the kids....

Giuseppe
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Har,,,gettin' his sell out activated.

DMX7
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Do it 4 Da Kidzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamStone
11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Didn't they sell out the season?

So this is just a plea to be on time and to stay until the official end of the game?

Weak. If I bought tickets and I'm late, then I'm late. And if it's a blowout and I'd rather go to the beach or to the club, then I'm going to the beach or the club. Stupid campaign. You got their money. Stop bitching. This "fan up" campaign is lame.

SourCandy
11-12-2010, 12:24 PM
aw poor heat.

Fpoonsie
11-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Didn't they sell out the season?

So this is just a plea to be on time and to stay until the official end of the game?

Weak. If I bought tickets and I'm late, then I'm late. And if it's a blowout and I'd rather go to the beach or to the club, then I'm going to the beach or the club. Stupid campaign. You got their money. Stop bitching. This "fan up" campaign is lame.

Este.

MiamiHeat
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
uh, actually Fan Up is challenging fans to be there at tip off instead of showing up fashionably late

its also saying dont leave until the game is over.

LkrFan
11-12-2010, 01:03 PM
uh, actually Fan Up is challenging fans to be there at tip off instead of showing up fashionably late

its also saying dont leave until the game is over.
:lol

Have you ever seen a Laker game or been to one? There are probably 5,000 empty seats halfway through the 1st quarter. This is a routine occurrence. This happened in the Great Western Forum back in the day and now at Staples.

Nathan89
11-12-2010, 01:43 PM
31 second commercial for a 30 second video. Just terrible.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
:lol

Have you ever seen a Laker game or been to one? There are probably 5,000 empty seats halfway through the 1st quarter. This is a routine occurrence. This happened in the Great Western Forum back in the day and now at Staples.

Having fought the traffic in the evening downtown, I understand why it takes so long to get to Staples, but is the traffic as bad in Miami?

MiamiHeat
11-12-2010, 02:05 PM
yes. the arena is in a congested popular area of miami on biscayne boulevard

popular spot for tourists and locals...and the roads near it are not wide.

LkrFan
11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Having fought the traffic in the evening downtown, I understand why it takes so long to get to Staples, but is the traffic as bad in Miami?
Yep. LA is what, the 2nd most populated city in America? Their traffic sucks! :lol

hater
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
It is Miami. out of all the cool shit to do there who has time to go watch 3 homos make fool of themselves?

ALVAREZ6
11-12-2010, 03:42 PM
This is why the NBA is pathetic as a league. Few teams have packed, loud arenas.

NFL, NCAA football, NCAA basketball, not the case. You don't need to urge people to come, they just do because there is a surplus of true fans. The NBA? Well attendance is largely composed of casual douche bag fans, bandwaggoning douche bags, and tons of irrelevant people.

NBA doesn't have the fan culture that other sports do. And it's retarded how overpriced tickets are...there's 82 games in the regular season and half the league, at least half, if not more, has pretty damn weak home attendance. The only explanation is either there isn't that same culture as the other sports, or that retarded franchises are adamant about their ticket prices.

For example: The Sixers, my hometown area team, have been terrible for just about the whole decade, and attendance is pathetic every home game that doesn't include the Heat. The tickets are way too expensive, who the fuck wants to pay to watch a shitty team all the way at the top in the nosebleeds? They need to adjust their prices, just doesn't make sense. Would you rather make less profit per ticket each game, but have higher attendance in compensation, to just about equalize the long-term/season profit from ticket sales?
I would. At least give people a chance to go watch, instead of keeping your prices high to watch a terrible team in a terrible atmosphere where you can chill in your own row, or in many cases your own section to yourself up top.

Fill the arenas, don't be fuckheads, NBA.

sefant77
11-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I think thats homecourt :lol

piPrkoQFVqo

cbJZ8T0tsrI

Serious, even in "louder" arenas the overall support is pretty lame

Obstructed_View
11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
This is why the NBA is pathetic as a league. Few teams have packed, loud arenas.

If the choice is to be embarrassed by no-shows who paid 400 bucks for a ticket or to price it so that someone like me can show up and yell, I'm pretty sure which way the NBA is going to lean.

Seems like someone would have thoght to have a drawing to re-seat people from the cheap seats into the no-show spots or offer them for free to the military. Then you don't have to beg anyone for anything.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM

NFL, NCAA football, NCAA basketball, not the case. You don't need to urge people to come, they just do because there is a surplus of true fans. The NBA? Well attendance is largely composed of casual douche bag fans, bandwaggoning douche bags, and tons of irrelevant people.

NBA doesn't have the fan culture that other sports do. And it's retarded how overpriced tickets are...there's 82 games in the regular season and half the league, at least half, if not more, has pretty damn weak home attendance. The only explanation is either there isn't that same culture as the other sports, or that retarded franchises are adamant about their ticket prices.

For example: The Sixers, my hometown area team, have been terrible for just about the whole decade, and attendance is pathetic every home game that doesn't include the Heat. The tickets are way too expensive, who the fuck wants to pay to watch a shitty team all the way at the top in the nosebleeds? They need to adjust their prices, just doesn't make sense. Would you rather make less profit per ticket each game, but have higher attendance in compensation, to just about equalize the long-term/season profit from ticket sales?
I would. At least give people a chance to go watch, instead of keeping your prices high to watch a terrible team in a terrible atmosphere where you can chill in your own row, or in many cases your own section to yourself up top.

That's what happens when you have 82 games per season, plus 3 months of playoffs.

The NFL packs arenas because every game COUNTS and is a significant part of the season.

The NCAA sells out because they are college kids with nothing else to do on a Saturday for football, and basketball fans are just bonkers (although a ton of NCAA schools don't get close to selling out games).

If the NBA season was, say, 50 games long, you would see packed arenas night after night. But there's not nearly as much money in that.

easjer
11-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Quality of experience is a big factor, in addition to those quoted above. And honestly, I can see a lot better at home w/ my HDTV, and the costs for drinks or food are minimal. A six-pack of quality beer for the same cost as a beer or two? And I can see it better? And not get a headache from the noise and feeling of being stuck among so many people?

Thanks, I'll stay home.

Sisk
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
That's what happens when you have 82 games per season, plus 3 months of playoffs.

The NFL packs arenas because every game COUNTS and is a significant part of the season.

The NCAA sells out because they are college kids with nothing else to do on a Saturday for football, and basketball fans are just bonkers (although a ton of NCAA schools don't get close to selling out games).

If the NBA season was, say, 50 games long, you would see packed arenas night after night. But there's not nearly as much money in that.

:tu

All valid points.

MLB gets decent attendance because the prices aren't through the roof. You can get into most stadiums in the MLB for $5.

Spurologist
11-12-2010, 06:43 PM

:tu

I'm nit picking but the only standings format that makes EVERY game count is European soccer standings where the team with the best record wins the championship. US loves the playoff system though

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Ashy Larry called this during the off-season IIRC..about Miami being the worst fanbase in sports..

It's sad that they can't even fill an arena to open games, even though they added Lebron..I understand there are better things to do in Miami, but still..

Don't try to spin this shit to make yourself seem objectionable you fuck face...Yeah Miami is the worse fanbase and guess what Sherlock Shit For Brains...you are part of it....:lmao