PDA

View Full Version : shak over rated????

englishspursfan
05-23-2005, 07:18 PM
watch shak loose all the form he picked up this season...you heard it here first.hes prewarming now(stood under the basket )wonder if he,ll play.but my prediction is detroit to shock them at home.

PM5K
05-23-2005, 07:22 PM
He's injured dip, and it's Shaq...

violentkitten
05-23-2005, 07:23 PM
get the fuck out you bloody fucking limey

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/flags/ei-flag.gif

englishspursfan
05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
well i do admit ive only watched the game for 2 years,but a little injury can loose your confidence in any sport.

englishspursfan
05-23-2005, 07:28 PM
umm well fuck you too cat.by the way my blood is all irish you wanker

2pac
05-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I believe you mean Snaq O'Meal.

violentkitten
05-23-2005, 07:37 PM
then represent the homeland man

http://www.mjbanks.net/ireland2/images/ireland%205-3-04%20(17).jpg

http://web.media.mit.edu/~joep/TTT.BO/PandT-pics/Chair-Bono-LR.JPG

http://www.daveknox.com/images/Trouble%20In%20Ireland.jpg

http://www.mpomerle.com/Auto/Pictures/Kathy_Ireland.jpg

englishspursfan
05-23-2005, 07:43 PM
grow up kitten you retard.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-23-2005, 08:07 PM
he's just playing with you english, welcome to the board

Boo
05-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I bet your drinking tea and chewing on crumplets and crackers huh english? HAHA!

Timoha
05-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Well, I have always thought that Shaq was overrated. I always felt that he was able to be so dominant only because of his weight/size and because the refs allowd him to bouldozer down any defenders in his way. I would have also liked to see a bit more range/skill from somebody who's hailed as one of basketball's greatest. However, I do think that he's a very good player all in all, but I don't think that he's as great as he's made out to be.

MadDog73
05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm surprised. He's doing better than Wade tonight.

Looks like Detroit will win this one...

tw05baller
05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
would u like a spot of tea? or a keg of irish beer!

MadDog73
05-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I'll take a keg of Guinness please!

Dre_7
05-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Well, Shaq and Miami found out what happens when you play against a real team!!

Detroit aint no Washington Wizards!

ducks
05-23-2005, 09:46 PM
heat had not played for long time
pistons were smart to take advantage

Dre_7
05-23-2005, 09:50 PM

When was the last time Miami played?

I believe it was Wed. April 20 @ Orlando if I remember correctly!

1Parker1
05-23-2005, 09:50 PM

Heat haven't played a real team in the post-season until tonight. Welcome to the real playoff's Dwayne Wade. Let's see you score 30+ points now :)

On a side note: Chauncy Billups is one clutch player!! If Spurs make it to the finals and have to play Pistons, Parker is going to have to really play hard defense and offense.

MiNuS
05-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Heat haven't played a real team in the post-season until tonight. Welcome to the real playoff's Dwayne Wade. Let's see you score 30+ points now :)

On a side note: Chauncy Billups is one clutch player!! If Spurs make it to the finals and have to play Pistons, Parker is going to have to really play hard defense and offense.

Looking ahead..What a hell of a Finals it will be:Pistons Vs Spurs!!!!!!!

May the Spur be with you

Chris
05-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Shaq is a gorilla with a basketball.

Plain and simple.

His game is stand 4-5 ft. from the basket and wait for the dunk or easy lay in.

He has a good hook shot, i'll give him that.

You'd think that someone who has played as long as Shaq has would be able to make a free throw?

Pistons in 5.

MiNuS
05-23-2005, 10:30 PM
watch shak loose all the form he picked up this season...you heard it here first.hes prewarming now(stood under the basket )wonder if he,ll play.but my prediction is detroit to shock them at home.

Post conference Shaq sounds D-e-p-r-e-s-s-e-d!

ambchang
05-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Shaq has always been overrated. He is definitely one of the greatest players of all-time, but THE most dominate? No way! Shaq, in his prime, is on the same level as Hakeem and Robinson (which is quite impressive), but he is NOT in the same level as Wilt, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Russell and Abdul-Jabbar. He had ONE dominant season, ONE! Hakeem had at least two, Robinson had at least two (and three when you count his 92 season, where he was dominant on defense). The difference is that Shaq has always have a great supporting cast and a stable organization. Hakeem won two championships without a true point guard, and between those two, he didn't have a PF in one, and didn't have a consistent SG in the other.
That being said, Shaq does have great footwork, a great offensive game, and decent low post defense. His defensive mobility though, is highly suspect.

1Parker1
05-24-2005, 08:23 AM
How can a player be so dominant, yet never have been placed on an All Defensive Team?? I would think being dominant means that you play hard-core on both ends of the floor.

SPARKY
05-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Shaq is one of the top 5 bigmen of all time. Recognize.

boutons
05-24-2005, 08:29 AM
"Post conference Shaq sounds D-e-p-r-e-s-s-e-d!"

Shaq nearly always mumbles, but he did sound really down last night. Maybe he just needed a good meal.

Even with Shaq at full strength and Wade hitting his shots, the Heat would not have gotten past the Pistons.

Same with Suns.

The Spurs and the Pistons have too much playoff experience, too many veterans, and rings, to let these young, inexperienced teams beat them in a 7-game series.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-24-2005, 08:41 AM
I saw this topic heading and I was seriously confused. A statement such as "shaq overrated" should not be followed by a question mark, but rather by no less than four exclamation marks. He's never kept his fat ass in shape, he has no real basketball skills short of a hook that it only took him a fucking decade to develop, and he's a whiny bitch. Not nearly as big a primadonna as Kobe, but certainly quite the drama queen. I don't buy for a friggin' second that he was as hurt as he's claiming. He knew the Pistons were going to slap his ass around like they did last year so he milks this injury so the media will get on his side. If he excels then he's a tough competitor playing incredibly through the pain and if he's shut down, well, he was injured so what did the Pistons really accomplish? Dominant players don't let Rasho Nesterovic beat them down the floor for easy buckets, which happened a few times during the Lakers series last year. Shaq is overrated!!!!!!

BronxCowboy
05-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Most definitely. There are only a few things in sports that I am absolutely sure of, and this is one.

Sportcamper
05-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Shaquille O'Neal was a three-peat champion in an NBA where only three other teams ever three-peated... He's never missed playoffs in the last 12 years... He's never played on a losing team... He has plenty of individual awards.... He has plenty of success....

There's no way anyone is ever going to be able to look at the success Shaquille O'Neal had- especially with the three rings and three finals MVP that left no doubt- and say he wasn't one of the greatest... You don't lead three championship teams and end up in the top 10 in so many playoff categories and not get remembered as one of the greats....

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/shaq_ball.jpg

Rummpd
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes Shaq is over-rated period.

Top three centers all time are Kareem, Wilt and Russell then the discussion begins = same plane as Hakeem, Robinson and a few others.

Highly questionable if top 5 "big men". Define big?? I would put Duncan over him all said and done at end of career and Hakeem right now. Case can be made for Malone, Robinson, etc.

Shaq has never won without a top guard period. Never won a rebound title or block title, 1 MVP. Highly over-rated when some think greatest ever that is BS.

sa_butta
05-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Shaquille O'Neal was a three-peat champion in an NBA where only three other teams ever three-peated... He's never missed playoffs in the last 12 years... He's never played on a losing team... He has plenty of individual awards.... He has plenty of success....

There's no way anyone is ever going to be able to look at the success Shaquille O'Neal had- especially with the three rings and three finals MVP that left no doubt- and say he wasn't one of the greatest... You don't lead three championship teams and end up in the top 10 in so many playoff categories and not get remembered as one of the greats....

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/shaq_ball.jpgHe has also always had an exceptional sidekick to take some pressure off of him

Hardaway
Bryant
Wade

ambchang
05-26-2005, 11:04 AM

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/shaq_ball.jpg

No question he was one of the greatest in the game, but THE best? All those comparisons to Wilt? The MDE? Give me a break! Shaq has ONE dominant year, 2001, and that was it.
He couldn't even make the playoffs without a reasonable sidekick his first year! He won the scoring title once (or was it twice), never lead the league in rebounding or block shots and never known to be a good defender.
Sure, he won 3 championships in a row, but he also had the top perimeter player and one of the best (and most annoying) coach with him. Just keep in mind that he was a 2nd string centre when Robinson and Hakeem was in their prime (and judging by the numbers, Shaq was in his prime at that time too), and only became the best big man after Hakeem and Robinson got old.

Chris
05-27-2005, 12:05 AM
Wilt Chamberlain for teh win!!!1

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 01:07 AM
This year he is overrated because Dwayne Wade has become a superstar. 3 championships isn't being overrated. Who do you fear the most between Detroit and Miami?

word
05-27-2005, 01:57 AM
[QUOTE=violentkitten][CENTER]then represent the homeland man
This is wrong. I'm as Irish as it gets, on both sides, but this is just wrong.
http://www.daveknox.com/images/Trouble%20In%20Ireland.jpg

On the subject of Shaq, it's hard to call him over-rated in general. He might be over-rated this season. He has the rings, three SEC championships...I mean...how can you not give the guy his respect. He gets a lot of criticism because of his percieved lack of ability and his mere size being what made him. I think he's one of those guys that has gotten better in his skills but, as what happens to all of us, age becomes a factor.

So I say, no, he's not. When Yao does what Shaq has done, I'll say yeah, it's all about size and strength. Till then. As much as I hate to say it, Shaq is a badass.

He PROVED it when he left LA. Look where those sorry fuckers are now.

And I'll say this. No, and I mean no, zero zilch, player out of college was as anticipated in the NBA as Shaq. Not even MJ. MJ wasn't even 'MJ' in the draft. He BECAME what he is in the pros. He wasn't even a first pick. Everyone knew Shaq was gonna change the map of the NBA and he did. He was a badass in college.

When the coach of LSU was holding a BB camp in Germany and Shaq showed up, he asks shaq, 'What's your name soldier ?' 6 foot 6 Shaq told him, 'I'm not a soldier sir, I'm 13.' He never let him out of his 'sight' after that.

And that's why Shaq went to LSU.

atlfan25
05-27-2005, 04:34 AM
No question he was one of the greatest in the game, but THE best? All those comparisons to Wilt? The MDE? Give me a break! Shaq has ONE dominant year, 2001, and that was it.
He couldn't even make the playoffs without a reasonable sidekick his first year! He won the scoring title once (or was it twice), never lead the league in rebounding or block shots and never known to be a good defender.
Sure, he won 3 championships in a row, but he also had the top perimeter player and one of the best (and most annoying) coach with him. Just keep in mind that he was a 2nd string centre when Robinson and Hakeem was in their prime (and judging by the numbers, Shaq was in his prime at that time too), and only became the best big man after Hakeem and Robinson got old.
one dominant year? maybe you should put down the pipe. he averaged like 28-29 pts, 12 rebounds and 2.5 blocks like 10 years in a row, im guessing that isn't dominant according to you. I'm also guessing the year he won MVP(in 2000) he wasn't dominant either(according to you)

I wouldn't put him behind robinson and hakeem necessarily, he was a better scorer than them, but they were better defenders. Either way he is the best center the last 2 decades. I personally could give a fuck about shaq, but u gotta respect his game.

ambchang
05-27-2005, 08:39 AM
one dominant year? maybe you should put down the pipe. he averaged like 28-29 pts, 12 rebounds and 2.5 blocks like 10 years in a row, im guessing that isn't dominant according to you. I'm also guessing the year he won MVP(in 2000) he wasn't dominant either(according to you)

I wouldn't put him behind robinson and hakeem necessarily, he was a better scorer than them, but they were better defenders. Either way he is the best center the last 2 decades. I personally could give a fuck about shaq, but u gotta respect his game.

I respect his game, and sorry I got the years mixed up, he was dominant in 2000, not 2001. He is not the best centre in the last two decades. Hakeem and Robinson were better, or at least on the same level.
Shaq has a very good offensive game, can score, very good passer, but his defense is not all that great.
People come up with 3 straight championships, and I respect that, but it's not all Shaq, and everybody knew that he would not have done that without Kobe or Phil, and those two have as big a hand in those championships as Shaq.
Top 20 all-time? Definitely, Top 10? Maybe. Top 5 is a real stretch, the best ever? Not even close.

MadDog73
05-27-2005, 08:51 AM
This year he is overrated because Dwayne Wade has become a superstar. 3 championships isn't being overrated. Who do you fear the most between Detroit and Miami?

Uhh, Detroit. The Heat haven't proved anything yet. The Pistons are the Champions.

Vashner
05-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Shaq is big.. shaq has rings... it's not Over Rated... what he is, is over the hill. Yea he's young but being tall and earth's gravity eventually catches up. Plus he tried to act all thin thug by pulling up after dunks and BEEPed up his abs.