PDA

View Full Version : The Washington Post "shivs" Obama!

Yonivore
11-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Opinion | One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/12/AR2010111202846.html?sub=AR)

We do not come to this conclusion lightly. But it is clear, we believe, that the president has largely lost the consent of the governed.
No shit!

From where I stole the subject line...

The WaPo Shivs The One (http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2010/11/12/the-wapo-shivs-the-one/)

ChumpDumper
11-13-2010, 12:46 PM
yoni doesn't know what an op-ed is either.

Or a shiv, really.

DMX7
11-13-2010, 12:52 PM
You're not just biting ankles, you're nibbling toes.

Get off your knees, faggot.

Spurminator
11-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure why a poster whose very avatar reads "Hope [Obama] Fails" would giddily post an editorial laying out an option that the writers believe could lead to Obama succeeding, unless said poster didn't actually read the editorial and understand the point being made.

Yonivore
11-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure why a poster whose very avatar reads "Hope [Obama] Fails" would giddily post an editorial laying out an option that the writers believe could lead to Obama succeeding, unless said poster didn't actually read the editorial and understand the point being made.
I didn't read the editorial...

I liked the pull quote too much to pass it up though...

...we believe, that the president has largely lost the consent of the governed.

If I thought there was any danger of Obama taking anyone's advice on how he could succeed, I might be more worried. But, this modern day Narcissus beats anything I've ever seen...apparently, he beats anything most Democrats have seen, too.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I didn't read the editorial.Must have been important.

DMX7
11-13-2010, 04:49 PM
If I thought there was any danger of Obama taking anyone's advice on how he could succeed, I might be more worried.

The definition of someone who hates America.

Yonivore
11-13-2010, 04:53 PM
The definition of someone who hates America.
Yep, that he is. He spent the past couple of days talking about how we're a declining nation.

He hates America. I hope he fails...so America can succeed.

DMX7
11-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I hope he fails...so America can succeed.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Yonivore
11-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, good luck with that.
So far, so good.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Except Obama has succeeded.

CosmicCowboy
11-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Except Obama has succeeded.

Define your version of success.

Yonivore
11-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Define your version of success.
Oh, I think Chump and Obama are on the same page. I'm sure he sees this as a successful administration.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Define your version of success.Legislatively, a great deal of what he has supported has passed.

I know facts are annoying.

boutons_deux
11-13-2010, 11:01 PM
The Exec is also actually enforcing regulations, stuff the Repugs never do.

A Massey mine shut down,
EPA regs enforced,
Bullshit BigPharma crap unapproved or withdrawn,
etc, etc,

In spite of obstruction and gutting by Repugs and Blue dog, Pelosi and Reid kicked ass and passed financial regs and health care reform, both of which would have been much better, stronger without pollution, obstruction, weaking from the Repugs and Blue dogs.

The stimulus was a huge success, doing as much as it could for its too-small size.

The huge "failures" the Repugs are trying to stick on Obama are really shit hung over from their own Reign of Error, two bogus wars, and Repug/conservative housing bubble and financial deregulation/non-enforcement.

CosmicCowboy
11-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Legislatively, a great deal of what he has supported has passed.

Pickett's charge made it all the way to the rock wall too but half of them ended up dead and they lost the battle.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Pickett's charge made it all the way to the rock wall too but half of them ended up dead and they lost the battle.

I know facts are annoying.What legislation did Pickett pass?

Give me those facts.

CosmicCowboy
11-14-2010, 12:17 AM
double post

ChumpDumper
11-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Really, Obama will probably be remembered as a mediocre president at best -- his biggest accomplishment will be pushing the US closer to universal health care. Future generations will wonder why it was opposed at all.

CosmicCowboy
11-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Really, Obama will probably be remembered as a mediocre president at best -- his biggest accomplishment will be pushing the US closer to universal health care. Future generations will wonder why it was opposed at all.

Could be. He's still got two years. Obviously he has the "historic" first black president thing in the bag...

Spurminator
11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I didn't read the editorial...

No shit. To come to the conclusion yourself that this was a full-out attack on Obama, while wrong, would have at least required some critical thinking. But because you are lazy and intellectually dishonest, you posted it blind based on your blogger pulling a few snippets and telling you this was a Post "shiving."

It's not a bad op-ed though, so at least you indirectly contributed something for once. Congrats! (Non-Pajama version here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/12/AR2010111202846.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2010111203190 )

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:01 AM
(Yoni's perfect record of never reading past the lede apparently remains intact.

WC and DarrinS also contend for all-time great status in this category.)

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:03 AM
nm

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:06 AM
(reference to self-racking mechanism)

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Nice pony, yoni.

DMX7
11-14-2010, 01:16 AM
I hate America! I want the terrorists to win!

Why do you hate America, Yoni? All you do in life in start threads about every little ankle biting talking point your Google Alerts sends to you. It's sad really.

Oh, Gee!!
11-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Once upon a time yoni was a good poster. Now he's an admitted liar who hides behind a "I was just trolling you" defense when confronted with his bullshit. Seems like he's deliberately destroying his rep.

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:51 AM
I honestly don't see the self-spite, Oh, Gee!!

Yoni's barely changed at all in the two or three years I've been here, and I doubt he had much of a rep to preserve when I got here.

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:51 AM
(la beer)

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 01:53 AM
(more beer)

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 03:25 AM
To me yoni's more of a pure bullshitter -- indifferent to truth and falsity except insofar as it can be used to mislead -- than a dedicated liar, pledged to oppose some known truth or truths.

Posters reasonably divide on this.

DMX7
11-14-2010, 03:27 AM
To me yoni's more of a pure bullshitter than a dedicated liar, but posters reasonably divide on the question.

Yoni's cries for attention come in all different forms.

Winehole23
11-14-2010, 03:44 AM
They usually get answered.

Oh, Gee!!
11-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I honestly don't see the self-spite, Oh, Gee
!!

Yoni's barely changed at all in the two or three years I've been here, and I doubt he had much of a rep to preserve when I got here.

I've been here longer, and I remember him being respected until we started figuring out that 99% of his posts were stolen from smarter bloggers. Since then he's been a prick, but lately he's devolved into a troll.

doobs
11-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Really, really stupid idea. Forgoing a second term wouldn't force hardheaded bipartisan compromise and place Obama above the political fray. It would just embolden his "enemies" (as he calls them) and render him a weak and ineffectual joke.

Yonivore
11-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Really, really stupid idea. Forgoing a second term wouldn't force hardheaded bipartisan compromise and place Obama above the political fray. It would just embolden his "enemies" (as he calls them) and render him a weak and ineffectual joke.
They are already emboldened and he already is a weak and ineffectual joke. So, no change, really.

Bartleby
11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I find it interesting that Caddell and Schoen worked for Carter and Clinton, respectively, and I wonder if this isn't an attempt to create an opening for a Hillary 2012 campaign.

Yonivore
11-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Once upon a time yoni was a good poster. Now he's an admitted liar who hides behind a "I was just trolling you" defense when confronted with his bullshit. Seems like he's deliberately destroying his rep.
I think my online persona has more to do with the farce this forum has become than any deliberation on my part.

There just really isn't any serious debate in here, anymore. None. Zilch. Only posters mired in entrenched narratives. Why bother trying to rise above?

ChumpDumper
11-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh, there is plenty of actual debate. The problem is those with the "entrenched narratives" (which blog did you steal that from?) who only throw shit and Youtubes at the wall and steadfastly avoid any discussion of ideas that they were told to believe by someone else since that would require actual thought.

Sure we challenge a lot of what is said here. That's where the debate happens. When yoni or DarrinS just run away from their bot posts, debate doesn't happen and they look like the trolls they are. The fact that yoni isn't reading this is proof he runs away from challenges.

Winehole23
11-15-2010, 04:47 AM
Why bother trying to rise above?You've tried nothing and you're all out of ideas.

Winehole23
11-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Pobrecito.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Pobrecito.
Yeah, I'm all torn up about it.

ChumpDumper
11-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Making "I don't care" posts every thread means you care.

George Gervin's Afro
11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Yoni's idea of debate is posting someone else's flawed point of view..when confronted he simply runs from his thread...

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Yoni's idea of debate is posting someone else's flawed point of view..when confronted he simply runs from his thread...
I haven't gone anywhere.

George Gervin's Afro
11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I haven't gone anywhere.

Every other thread dummy.. Do I need to find those for you?

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Every other thread dummy.. Do I need to find those for you?
Why? Am I looking for them?

ChumpDumper
11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
I haven't gone anywhere.Have you read the article you posted yet?

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Must have been important.

Knew this was coming; still guffawed. Thanks. :toast

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Hard to have debate when most of the conservatives on here run away from it. Yoni feels no need to back up anything he says, CC plays the "I was just trolling!" card, and DarrinS can't keep focused on a topic for more than two seconds without whipping out a race card or non sequitur.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Hard to have debate when most of the conservatives on here run away from it. Yoni feels no need to back up anything he says, CC plays the "I was just trolling!" card, and DarrinS can't keep focused on a topic for more than two seconds without whipping out a race card or non sequitur.
God, you're a fucking whiner. Ever think it's because the threads devolve into a nit-picking argument (usually between two posters) about sexual proclivities, and totally gets away from the premise, making it hard -- particularly when you step away from the forum for a couple of hours or days -- to come back and just pick up a debate where you left it off?

What do you want me to back up whiney-diddle?

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:56 PM
God, you're a fucking whiner. Ever think it's because the threads devolve into a nit-picking argument (usually between two posters) about sexual proclivities, and totally gets away from the premise, making it hard -- particularly when you step away from the forum for a couple of hours or days -- to come back and just pick up a debate where you left it off?

What do you want me to back up whiney-diddle?

You're whining about me whining. Nice. :lol

Several posters asked you to back up your claims of reading intelligence blogs. You chose not to, and whined when people gave you a hard time about it.

Then, of course, the fact that you post threads about articles you haven't even read, then dismiss others with a "It's a message board, I don't have to back myself up" story.

Myself, I find it relatively easy to skip over the "useless" posts to get to the ones I find interesting.

I'm always up for a good debate; there's been a few on here. Not my fault that a majority of posters want to just spew vitriol or nonsense.

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM

I've had plenty of spirited and articulate debates in here. The fact was that I WAS trolling about the Chinese missile just for fun.

You want to debate something substantial, bring your A game. I'm your huckleberry.

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I've had plenty of spirited and articulate debates in here. The fact was that I WAS trolling about the Chinese missile just for fun.

You want to debate something substantial, bring your A game. I'm your huckleberry.

I know you've had decent debates here CC, but it's not very fair to turn around and play the "I was trolling" card when you get called out. It's hard over the internet to determine the difference between an "I was trolling!" post and an "I'm dumb and here's a dumb statement to prove it!" post.

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I know you've had decent debates here CC, but it's not very fair to turn around and play the "I was trolling" card when you get called out. It's hard over the internet to determine the difference between an "I was trolling!" post and an "I'm dumb and here's a dumb statement to prove it!" post.

fair? meh. I usually come to this place for amusement and links to stories (both left and right)...If I want serious debates with serious intellects this is hardly the place to look...too much static

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM
You're whining about me whining. Nice. :lol

Several posters asked you to back up your claims of reading intelligence blogs. You chose not to, and whined when people gave you a hard time about it.
So, I list the intelligence blogs I read and then, there's several pages of; "Well, Yonivore knows how to google 'Intelligence Blog'."

It's a no-win way to side-track a thread over meaningless nonsense.

Then, of course, the fact that you post threads about articles you haven't even read, then dismiss others with a "It's a message board, I don't have to back myself up" story.
I don't recall ever taking that defense as a reason for not responding.

Myself, I find it relatively easy to skip over the "useless" posts to get to the ones I find interesting.

I'm always up for a good debate; there's been a few on here. Not my fault that a majority of posters want to just spew vitriol or nonsense.
My preferences have the board come up newest to oldest post, I'll scroll back and if it looks like the topic has gone awry -- even if it was something I was interested in -- I usually drop the thread.

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
So, I list the intelligence blogs I read and then, there's several pages of; "Well, Yonivore knows how to google 'Intelligence Blog'."

It's a no-win way to side-track a thread over meaningless nonsense.

Perhaps, but getting ridiculed over what blogs you're reading seems to give you better reliability than refusing to name the blogs in the first place. After all, if you're sharing info from them, then you assume that they are credible. If they are credible, then I don't see why you're worried you'd get ridiculed for reading them.