PDA

View Full Version : Why I believe Blair can be the next Millsap (long)

Sofaking
11-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I keep reading about how Blair is too short or how they want Splitter to start(Which I have no problem with) but if Blair is undersized, why are undersized big men like Millsap such a beast and they're basically the same player-size and athletically? Seems like some has given up hope.

Paul Millsap- 6' 6.25" barefoot, 7'1.5 wingspan, 8'9.5 standing reach, 28.5inch no step and 32.5 max vert,

Dejuan Blair- 6'5.25 barefoot, 7'2 wingspan, 8'10.5, 26inch no step and 33' max vert.

I didnt include how much they both benched, lane agility and 3/4 court sprints because those can change but Blair was better outside of 3/4.

Size wise, they are the same. Coming out of college, Millsap wasn't the same kinda scorer he is now.

Comparing Dejuan's Sophomore season in college to Paul's Junior season per 40mins, has Blair being the same scorer on better fg% on top of being the better rebounder and everything else outside of shot blocking. Has to be mentioned that Blair played in the best conference in College bball.

Millsap didn't start consistently making jumpers till his 3rd season. Blair has along way there but in the NBA, skill>>>size. Its early in the season and were 6-1..be happy. Blair is much more than a bench energy guy. Dont jump the gun

jaffies
11-13-2010, 05:19 PM
...(long)

It's not that bad.

I'm pretty sure koriwhat's rant about his calf tats was longer than this.

DespЏrado
11-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Blair will come around, he's too good to not get better.
The guy has a motor, and he will be the beast once he settles down.

Sofaking
11-13-2010, 05:37 PM
lol I gave up half way into it

Muser
11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I doubt it. Blair is great and he's only going to get better, but Millsap looks to be going to another level.

itzsoweezee
11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Blair has a huge upside. All this talk about benching him and giving Boner his minutes seven games into the season is completely idiotic.

Nathan89
11-13-2010, 05:55 PM
lol I gave up half way into it

America is even more out of shape than I thought.:depressed

Cessation
11-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Blair is pretty dumb, I dont think his potential is as high as people think.

ohmwrecker
11-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Milsap is in his fifth year. Blair is, more than likely, in a sophomore slump. I think the OP is pretty right on with the comparison. Blair is a little stockier, but he is certainly capable of turning that to his advantage. Blair's problem right now is not making the most out of his opportunities. He is playing more minutes, but his awareness level is not where it should be as a starter.
Blair needs more time with less pressure. Moving him to the 2nd unit to work with Hill might be the best way for both players to work out their struggles. I think Blair would thrive taking on a role where he is more of a focal point on offense. As a starter, he is at best a cleanup man and at worst, an afterthought of an offensive option.
Milsap had time to develop behind Boozer and Okur and has really taken his game to the next level the last couple of years. The only thing keeping Blair from developing into a Milsap level player is hard work and time. We've all seen what Blair is capable of, but he needs to find a way to do it on a more consistent level.

dbestpro
11-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Can Blair learn to shoot a jump shot in the next 3 years? That set shot of his is atrocious.

UnWantedTheory
11-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I am not sure he will be another Millsap, but it does seem to be a good comparison. Hopefully, he will exceed even that. Also, it was not too long at all.

Sofaking
11-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Blair is pretty dumb, I dont think his potential is as high as people think.
What makes him dumb?

Sofaking
11-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Can Blair learn to shoot a jump shot in the next 3 years? That set shot of his is atrocious.
Who knows? sky's the limit. I must admit tho, it is pretty ugly. Blair is 21. Millsap was able to shoot a reliably from the middle of his 3rd season.

UnWantedTheory
11-13-2010, 06:44 PM
What makes him dumb?

Cessation
11-13-2010, 07:01 PM
What makes him dumb?

Its the way he acts and talks, that gives it away. I've seen all of his interviews He can't put a sentence together without stumbling, and always has a blank look in his eyes. His answers are nonsense at times. Latelly hes been talking about pop telling him to be smarter, clearly thats something he's lacking, if pop criticized him.

If you notice his play this year, hes making boneheaded dicisions by far the most of everyone on the team. Silly turnovers and fouls, not kicking out after an offencive rebound. You need to be smart, if you want to get the most out of your physical talents.

Cane
11-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Blair's an interesting talent since how many undersized guys pull down 20/20 games in their rookie year. However instead of Millsap I'd be happy if he turned into anotherBig Baby Davis (Millsap is obviously much better though) who is a great hustle player, contributes on defense by getting in the right position and taking key charges, and has a good midrange jay that helps space the floor and so he doesn't get abused by trees in the paint.

The Truth #6
11-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Its the way he acts and talks, that gives it away. I've seen all of his interviews He can't put a sentence together without stumbling, and always has a blank look in his eyes. His answers are nonsense at times. Latelly hes been talking about pop telling him to be smarter, clearly thats something he's lacking, if pop criticized him.

If you notice his play this year, hes making boneheaded dicisions by far the most of everyone on the team. Silly turnovers and fouls, not kicking out after an offencive rebound. You need to be smart, if you want to get the most out of your physical talents.

You make it sound like he's retarded, which is dumb of you. But more importantly, actual BBIQ has nothing to do with actual IQ. If it did, Bonner would MVP. Blair has way better basketball instincts than Bonner. I think your point is ridiculous.

Sofaking
11-13-2010, 07:24 PM

Ok wow. I know plenty of people that can't properly speak but are at the top of their class. Sometimes when I'm put on the spot, I react the same way. My reason is anxiety issues, same could be for him. I could look at what you wrote, with all the spelling errors in your paragraph, say that you're an idiot. Unless you're his pass Teacher or Counselor, you can't say that he's dumb.

You have to factor in, that he's used to talking a certain way, and when you make it to the NBA, they train you to talk to the media. It's not that easy. I'm from St.Croix. When I talk to people from there, I speak like them. When I speak to my regular friends, I speak a different way and when I speak at work, I have to speak proper and clear and I still fuck up sometimes because words gets misconstrued. I hope it's not race related

duncan228
11-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Don't forget one thing Blair has going for him: Duncan is mentoring him. Could be a great impact on helping his BBIQ.

BoricuaCJA
11-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Don't forget one thing Blair has going for him: Duncan is mentoring him. Could be a great impact on helping his BBIQ.
and Tiago.

Cessation
11-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm in my second year of engineering in college, if you dont wish to admit that blair is far from the sharpest tool in the shed, then go for it, doesnt matter to me. I'm not going argue with disillusioned blair fans.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Second year of engineering in college? Hokey smokes, a veritable genius in our midsts.

Cessation
11-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Second year of engineering in college? Hokey smokes, a veritable genius in our midsts.

So says the guy that calls himself sugarbear, and has a breakfast serial cartoon bear as avatar, are you 12? lol

itzsoweezee
11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Its the way he acts and talks, that gives it away. I've seen all of his interviews. He can't put a sentence together without stumbling, and always has a blank look in his eyes. His answers are nonsense at times. Latelly hes been talking about pop telling him to be smarter, clearly thats something he's lacking, if pop criticized him.

Learn English before you challenge anyone else's intelligence.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
So says the guy that calls himself sugarbear, and has a breakfast serial cartoon bear as avatar, are you 12? lol

I know better than to attempt to match wits with a sophomore engineering student.

The Truth #6
11-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm in my second year of engineering in college, if you dont wish to admit that blair is far from the sharpest tool in the shed, then go for it, doesnt matter to me. I'm not going argue with disillusioned blair fans.

Way to change your point. Pro athletes didn't become pro athletes by working on their intellect. Most of them are probably dumb. How is Blair's non-genius IQ an issue for him but no one else?

They're playing a children's game. Your point is still ridiculous. I'm not saying Blair is the smartest guy, but his lack of IQ isn't his problem - its his lack of height and jumpshot.

Cessation
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
oh no, internet grammar police, lol
is it ok to say 'lol' or should i spell it out for you "laugh out loud"
how is that? am i smart now? :)

Leonard Curse
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
cessation i can see where your coming from because i was suprised at what blair did when i figured he didnt seem like a smart dude, however tae a look at alot of players like garnett for example. some of these guys just have raw talent. to me blair wont be a millsap because he rebounds much better, i think blair has a bigger drive than millsap and is determined to be an allstar. i can tell this kid is going to be somethig special i give him 2 years.

i think blair is going to become a put back monster, as well as rebounding and by next year we should see a solid shot forming. he came with some really neat post moves he just needs to finish so theres no doubt in my mind this kid will be on the level or bigger than millsap. its inevitable with his talent and drive oh and his beast like stature

Cessation
11-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Way to change your point. Pro athletes didn't become pro athletes by working on their intellect. Most of them are probably dumb. How is Blair's non-genius IQ an issue for him but no one else?

They're playing a children's game. Your point is still ridiculous. I'm not saying Blair is the smartest guy, but his lack of IQ isn't his problem - its his lack of height and jumpshot.

Why is pop saying he needs to be smarter on the court? If thats not one of his problems, who also said hes not worried about his jumpshot. You know better than the hall of fame coach, lol?

I'm saying that his bbiq isnt where it should be at this point to overcome his lack of height , and shouldnt expect out of him as much as some people claim. Basketball does have a large mental aspect to it, just ask jordan. I like blair, hes a spur, and i want them to win, but his sucking right now isn't that surprising to me. I agree in a couple of years he'll be a good player.

Sofaking
11-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Milsap is bigger, more explosive. better defender, and had post moves and a jump shot Blair has niether. Blair looks to be a poor mans Larry Johnson before Larry learned to shoot.

He needs to drop another 10 pounds, come up with a post move he can go to when he needs to and learn to hit a 12 ft jumper. Improve his rotation speed on D which will come with droping pounds.
Millsap is one inch taller. Other than that, Blair has him beat in wingspan, standing reach and max vert. Didn't Blair get under 10% Body Fat this summer? He could stand to lose another 10 or so but I gaurantee you that Millsap's first two seasons were and will not be better than Blair's, barring injury. Let Blair get 3 seasons under his belt, I think you guys forget he's only 21. He may look like he's 28 but he's not.

Regardless of what Glenn Davis is listed at, I'm sure he's not that much bigger than Blair and his first two seasons, he was benched and tried by KG for his defense and rotations. Now he's excelled at those. It takes time people.

Leonard Curse
11-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Milsap is bigger, more explosive. better defender, and had post moves and a jump shot Blair has niether. Blair looks to be a poor mans Larry Johnson before Larry learned to shoot.

He needs to drop another 10 pounds, come up with a post move he can go to when he needs to and learn to hit a 12 ft jumper. Improve his rotation speed on D which will come with droping pounds.

see i think alot of people are trying to catergorize the kid and mold him into something theyve seen b4 but thats totally wrong dejuan blair needs to be dejuan blair i think his weight is fine he just needs to practice the crap out of his post moves and figure his niche in defense, once he works on those two things (i know thats alot, but not impossible by any means) the rest comes natural to him and i think he will be so lethal and powerful hell step up to a different level. he just needs to figure out what works best for him self. yes hes short but there are ways around that. i mean look at tonights numbers

#2!
11-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Putting Blair's intelligence aside, I can't believe this kid pulled out a "sophomore engineer" card.:rollin

Ah man, why are so many engineers pricks? "I can do math at a semi-advanced level. Look on my test scores ye mighty, and despair."

Cessation
11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Putting Blair's intelligence aside, I can't believe this kid pulled out a "sophomore engineer" card.:rollin

Ah man, why are so many engineers pricks? "I can do math at a semi-advanced level. Look on my test scores ye mighty, and despair."

lol, old timer, its gonna be ok

ceperez
11-14-2010, 01:11 AM

ok, maybe he does n't have a high verbal iq, but he clearly has a high basketball iq. he knows hot to space the floor, position himself for rebiunds and make shots from a variety of angles. Blair is a natural.

Cessation
11-14-2010, 02:22 AM
ok, maybe he does n't have a high verbal iq, but he clearly has a high basketball iq. he knows hot to space the floor, position himself for rebiunds and make shots from a variety of angles. Blair is a natural.

In 25 min hes shooting 30% and has 5ppg, lol a natural, quite so.

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2010, 03:37 AM
a pass first pg will utilize blair better instead of hustling for points from 2nd chances...

for example when you look at the celtics davis and perkings, you think they are scrubs, but when you watch the games...rondo goes to them 3-5 times continuous possession and these clowns do score from just bodying into the lane for points....yes they are bigger then blair by size, but their style of gameplay is the same on offense...

should be looking for him on offense instead of allowing him to force shots when its not needed..

#2!
11-14-2010, 03:39 AM
lol, old timer, its gonna be ok

Probably 1 or 2 years older than you. Or is it 3 because you are so smart that you're really a first year college student with a bunch of hours from AP tests, so you call yourself a sophomore?

Nah, probably not that smart. Just smart enough to look down on people because of how hard you've been studying for your midterms.

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Ok wow. I know plenty of people that can't properly speak but are at the top of their class. Sometimes when I'm put on the spot, I react the same way. My reason is anxiety issues, same could be for him. I could look at what you wrote, with all the spelling errors in your paragraph, say that you're an idiot. Unless you're his pass Teacher or Counselor, you can't say that he's dumb.

You have to factor in, that he's used to talking a certain way, and when you make it to the NBA, they train you to talk to the media. It's not that easy. I'm from St.Croix. When I talk to people from there, I speak like them. When I speak to my regular friends, I speak a different way and when I speak at work, I have to speak proper and clear and I still fuck up sometimes because words gets misconstrued. I hope it's not race related

yeah, they probably go here:

WZipLIoRqm8

[

jaffies
11-14-2010, 04:18 AM
I studied 2 1/8 years at STCC for Kinesiology, so you can trust me when I say I know an idiot when I see one. I once played Jeopardy on TiVo, and got all the answers right on the 2nd viewing! Eat shit, Ken Jennings! I know stupidity. Blair can't even speak to the media without stumbling, which is directly related to his knowledge of where he's supposed to be on the court. Why do you think Bonner is such a stud on the court? Duh...he's a smarterest guy!

greyforest
11-14-2010, 05:13 AM
it is almost as if intelligence is many separate criteria and not just one sliding scale

TheProfessor
11-14-2010, 10:10 AM
As an engineering student, I'm kind of surprised you'd criticize Blair for being stupid based on how he acts and talks. Many engineers can't string together a sentence, speak in public, or write well to save their life. Doesn't mean they're not intelligent. And I've seen tons of law students who act and sound like they know what they're talking about who are dumb as rocks.

Seventyniner
11-14-2010, 10:10 AM
it is almost as if intelligence is many separate criteria and not just one sliding scale

Ding ding ding!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences

MI21
11-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I always enjoy when Spur fan brings up the BBIQ argument when most of the time they wouldn't know the difference between a v-cut and stack screen. How can you judge someone else's intelligence in an area when you don't know shit yourself?

Stick to engineering.

lotr1trekkie
11-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Your ALL idiots!!

ohmwrecker
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I am currently wearing a bib around my neck and one of those propeller hats on my head.

wontstartdumbthreads
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Your ALL idiots!!

True that.
Anyway, Blairs intelligence has little to do with the chasm between him and Milsap.
Milsap is a better athlete and bball player on physical ability alone. There's plenty of dumb NBA players that are able to have an impact on a game. It just doesn't seem like Blair is going to be one of them.

duncan228
11-14-2010, 12:19 PM
DeJuan Blair finally doubles up (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/)
by Andrew A. McNeill
48 Minutes of Hell

AT&T CENTER — As the locker room opened after the Spurs’ 116-93 win over the Philadelphia 76ers (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/san-antonio-spurs-116-philadelphia-76ers-93), George Hill was determined to convince Manu Ginobili of the magical powers of Hill’s balance bracelet.

No matter the certainty that Hill showed, Manu wasn’t buying it.

“Have you heard of a placebo?” Manu asked.

Hill didn’t follow.

“It’s a Spanish word,” Richard Jefferson chimed in, jokingly.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/dejuan-blair-double-double-against-76ers#more-11106)

Drachen
11-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Looks like George Hill is dumb, and cannot have an impact on the game. I mean, I am a 2nd semester grad student and, take it from me, we would have won more games in the playoffs last year if we would have replaced George Hill with Stephen Hawking. Knowing what the word "Placebo" means should be added to management's side of the CBA negotiations in order to increase the quality of basketball on the court.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-14-2010, 02:43 PM
No way blair is under10% body fat, I dont car what they say, Im sure blair will improve, I question his ability to defend and I cant see him developing a great many post moves like Milsap has. If you look at Milsaps rookie year, He had alot of post moves already and has developed a jumper. He is also much quicker and a much more explosive player.

What did blair do to improve this summer? He has no post move and no jumper. I played D1 and I can tell you over a summer of hard work he should have been able to add a consistant jumper or a couple back to the basket moves, he has none.

His rebounding is down per min i think and he is not giving us second chance points I expected with him in the line up which is his strong suit. He looks confused on D and is often out of poss for rebounds.

He just looks sloppy. I expected a double didget rebounder and a guy who can back his man down every now and then and give the old up and under, right not hes missing point blank shots.

Ill give him a couple more games to settle in But I really wanna see Him run more with the second Team where Dice will provide more spacing for him and he can take advantage of that.

He is better under the basket than last year. You are not paying attention on his post moves because he has the spin move that has gotten him right into the middle of the lane a couple of times. His measurements are just about the same as Milsap and you are calling Blair, his teammates and the entire Spurs organization liars about his body makeup. Thats nice.

You're fired.

Sofaking
11-14-2010, 03:08 PM
No way blair is under10% body fat, I dont car what they say, Im sure blair will improve, I question his ability to defend and I cant see him developing a great many post moves like Milsap has. If you look at Milsaps rookie year, He had alot of post moves already and has developed a jumper. He is also much quicker and a much more explosive player.

What did blair do to improve this summer? He has no post move and no jumper. I played D1 and I can tell you over a summer of hard work he should have been able to add a consistant jumper or a couple back to the basket moves, he has none.

His rebounding is down per min i think and he is not giving us second chance points I expected with him in the line up which is his strong suit. He looks confused on D and is often out of poss for rebounds.

He just looks sloppy. I expected a double didget rebounder and a guy who can back his man down every now and then and give the old up and under, right not hes missing point blank shots.

Ill give him a couple more games to settle in But I really wanna see Him run more with the second Team where Dice will provide more spacing for him and he can take advantage of that. 8 games in...remember that. I can show you scouting reports on Millsap coming into the league saying all he had was a jump hook(which he hardly uses in the league) Millsap was no where as polished. His form may look better, but he wasn't hitting. Trust me I know, I've been a big ass fan of his since he came in the league. So basically you are calling the spurs organization liars for saying Blair came in under 8% Bodyfat? In the pic below he looks very lean. I dunno how millsap's the better athlete when Blair tests were better. http://www.nets.org/spurs/media/101025_via_670.jpg

sananspursfan21
11-14-2010, 04:17 PM
somebody calling the clippers game said all blairs gotta do is calm down and not rush his shots/dunks

Cessation
11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm not the only one to whom blairs lack of overall intelect is obvious, even by nba standards. Pop is the one saying in interviews, that he needs to be smarter out there, and blair agrees with him, but you couch potatoes know better, lol.

ShoogarBear
11-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Have you ever heard Larry Bird speak?

jjktkk
11-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Millsap is one inch taller. Other than that, Blair has him beat in wingspan, standing reach and max vert. Didn't Blair get under 10% Body Fat this summer? He could stand to lose another 10 or so but I gaurantee you that Millsap's first two seasons were and will not be better than Blair's, barring injury. Let Blair get 3 seasons under his belt, I think you guys forget he's only 21. He may look like he's 28 but he's not.

Regardless of what Glenn Davis is listed at, I'm sure he's not that much bigger than Blair and his first two seasons, he was benched and tried by KG for his defense and rotations. Now he's excelled at those. It takes time people.

The one big difference between Blair and Millsap, as well as Davis, is Millsap and Davis have a natural pure, shooting form, while Blair does not. Maybe in time Blair can at least have a okay jumper, but his jumper needs alot of work.

Marco
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
As coachable as Blair is, he doesn't need to be a genius.

#2!
11-14-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm not the only one to whom blairs lack of overall intelect is obvious, even by nba standards. Pop is the one saying in interviews, that he needs to be smarter out there, and blair agrees with him, but you couch potatoes know better, lol.

Lol pointing the finger back at Blair b/c you're getting served.

#2!
11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Your ALL idiots!!

You're not your. How do you feel right now?

Can't wait for your angry reply in which you try and make me think you're not embarrassed in the least.

Cessation
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Lol pointing the finger back at Blair b/c you're getting served.

my point still stands, hes far from a basketball genious even by nba standards

served by opinions without any kind of backing, yeah ok lol, try again

#2!
11-14-2010, 11:12 PM
my point still stands, hes far from a basketball genious even by nba standards

served by opinions without any kind of backing, yeah ok lol, try again

If you remember, and I'm sure you do, I said in my first post in this thread "Putting aside Blair's intelligence;" I haven't said a word about whether or not I consider DeJuan to be smart.

All I've talked about is how much of a douchebag a person looks like when they try to prove their own mental worth by saying the following:

I'm in my second year of engineering in college

So, there you go; served, with "backing."

BlairForceDejuan
11-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Cessation is a Blair Hater. He's been ragging on DB forever for being dumb.

Blair is playing basketball. Dude is not out there on the court calculating thermodynamic engineering equations. See Ball. Rebound Ball.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-14-2010, 11:20 PM
The current generation coming out of high schools is just not very good at communicating. Blame it on texting or whatever but there is a whole generation coming out with weird social phobias and mushmouthes.

Using speech as the sole gauge of intelligence is weak as hell. I know one facet of intelligence is understanding spatial relationships. Blair excels at that. He certainly is not stupid, well-spoken or not.

BlairForceDejuan
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
He is better under the basket than last year. You are not paying attention on his post moves because he has the spin move that has gotten him right into the middle of the lane a couple of times. His measurements are just about the same as Milsap and you are calling Blair, his teammates and the entire Spurs organization liars about his body makeup. Thats nice.

You're fired.

He does not look sub 10% bf.

duhoh
11-14-2010, 11:38 PM

:toast

Just let Blair be Blair.

Learning under Duncan and Pop >>>>>>>>>>>> Boozer and Sloan.

Cessation
11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
If you remember, and I'm sure you do, I said in my first post in this thread "Putting aside Blair's intelligence;" I haven't said a word about whether or not I consider DeJuan to be smart.

All I've talked about is how much of a douchebag a person looks like when they try to prove their own mental worth by saying the following:

So, there you go; served, with "backing."

So im right about about blair, you admit to it, since youre "putting it aside", as you say.

You can call me whatever makes you feel better, opinions of intellectually insecure people dont matter to me. Clearly youre a dummy yourself, since my comments struck a nerve with you, lol

and look at all those grammar mistakes i made on an internet forum,
you better get busy and point them out :downspin:

someone might care

#2!
11-15-2010, 02:40 AM
So im right about about blair, you admit to it, since youre "putting it aside", as you say.

Putting words in someone's mouth is a great way to pretend you've won an argument. Congratulations on your victory.

You can call me whatever makes you feel better,

opinions of intellectually insecure people dont matter to me. Clearly youre a dummy yourself

Purposefully tossing in a few extra typos to try and fuck with me was also a nice touch. Impeccable strategy; it certainly doesn't come off as the weak ass attempt of an egocentric to prove that he's got something over people he's never met, and what they say means nothing to someone like him..Nope, certainly doesn't look that way to me at least.

UnWantedTheory
11-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Im sure your the pride in the lower echelon of your class.

Please GOD!!!....dont let him be a structural engineer.:worthy:

UnWantedTheory
11-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Why is pop saying he needs to be smarter on the court? If thats not one of his problems, who also said hes not worried about his jumpshot. You know better than the hall of fame coach, lol?

I'm saying that his bbiq isnt where it should be at this point to overcome his lack of height , and shouldnt expect out of him as much as some people claim. Basketball does have a large mental aspect to it, just ask jordan. I like blair, hes a spur, and i want them to win, but his sucking right now isn't that surprising to me. I agree in a couple of years he'll be a good player.
So his IQ will just suddenly sky rocket within the next two years? I thought he was es tupid? No es tupid player could ever be good Cess. Come on bro., you were being so consistent.

thispego
11-17-2010, 10:07 AM
:lmao

TimDunkem
11-17-2010, 10:33 AM
The current generation coming out of high schools is just not very good at communicating. Blame it on texting or whatever but there is a whole generation coming out with weird social phobias and mushmouthes.

Using speech as the sole gauge of intelligence is weak as hell. I know one facet of intelligence is understanding spatial relationships. Blair excels at that. He certainly is not stupid, well-spoken or not.
Exactly. Just because one is not eloquent, or weak in a certain area doesn't necessarily mean one is unintelligent. It's just not a good basis for determining that.

You'd think an student in engineering would be able to realize something so obvious.

dunkman
11-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Blair was always a center, but with his wingspan and standing reach, he's better suited for PF. He's new to the position, so he has some difficulties.

About Pop saying he has to be smart, he told Blair to avoid speaking strange things to the press and avoid making mistakes on the court.

If he keeps doing the same mistakes, one could think he's not quite quick at understanding the coach, so Pop may need to be more direct, or foolishly disobedient, which has no remedy.

I think that one has to be smart to get in position to capture rebounds. You have to figure a lot of things extremely quickly (ball speed, precise direction, estimate where it will rebound), that's not easy. Then you have to boxout, or position yourself to break the boxout, also to have strength, hoops and heart.

Not saying that Blair couldn't be engineer one day.

The Spurs were obviously thinking about Milsap or Glenn Davis type of player when they drafted Blair. Malik Rose was very productive for the Spurs and an important role players for the first two Spurs championships.

They signed Blair for 3 years to hold his Bird rights and be able to retain him later. Pop obviously thinks he has a lot of potential, so he's starter and plays 24 mpg. Pop could play with well tested Bonner or Dice, or a very talented Splitter, but he picked Blair for a reason.

dbestpro
11-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Blair is starting to get back to his game by focusing on cleaning the glass. For now, this is his bread and butter. Put backs or pick and roll plays with Manu is where he should stay offensively. He tried to do too much and it showed.

I think he starting to progress, but the one thing that still annoys me is the smile he has when he knows he has just screwed up. Sometimes, he is just too happy go lucky. I wonder how good a mad as hell type of Blair would be?

Dice
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Just got off the phone with a guy who's a Junior in Engineering school and he told me Blair's going to be ok.

TJastal
11-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Just got off the phone with a guy who's a Junior in Engineering school and he told me Blair's going to be ok.

:lmao

Too funny.

Agloco
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
I know better than to attempt to match wits with a sophomore engineering student.

:lol

Agloco
11-17-2010, 06:08 PM
oh no, internet grammar police, lol
is it ok to say 'lol' or should i spell it out for you "laugh out loud"
how is that? am i smart now? :)

Of course you are. As you said, you're a second year engineering student in college. What else would you be? :lol

Exactly. Just because one is not eloquent, or weak in a certain area doesn't necessarily mean one is unintelligent. It's just not a good basis for determining that.

You'd think an student in engineering would be able to realize something so obvious.

:lol ^2

Surely you get that....... :lmao

AlleyOopNazi
11-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Millsap is a better player. but blair has the edge at rebounding between the two, thats about it. Millsap has a much higher cieling, can handle the ball, can shoot the ball makes much less mistakes. I love blair, but I would swap out players instantly