PDA

View Full Version : Suns’ Nash announces divorce, day after son born

duncan228
11-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Suns’ Nash announces divorce, day after son born (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nash-divorce)

Steve Nash has announced that he and wife Alejandra are in the process of a divorce.

The Phoenix Suns’ point guard and two-time NBA most valuable player revealed the situation in a statement Saturday, a day after the birth of the couple’s son, Matteo.

He said in the statement to Life & Style Magazine that he and his wife have lived separately for several months but remain firmly committed to raising their children “in the most positive, nurturing way possible.”

The couple, together for nine years and married since 2005, also has 6-year-old twin daughters, Lola and Bella.

“I want only good things for Ale going forward,” Nash said. “I’m focused on ensuring that our children understand how much they’re adored and loved by us as they continue to adjust to these changes. I would ask that their privacy, and ours as a family, be respected as we move forward. This will be my only statement on this.”

The Suns announced Matteo Nash’s birth in a news release Friday, but the crews doing the radio and television broadcasts of Friday night’s game against Sacramento were under orders not to mention it.

The 36-year-old Nash had 28 points and 14 assists in the Suns’ 103-89 victory over the Kings, then left the locker room before reporters were allowed in afterward.

Phoenix plays the Lakers in Los Angeles on Sunday night.

The Batman
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Didn't know he was married or had kids

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Their parents are shot to shit, but, at least the kids are filthy rich.

sefant77
11-13-2010, 10:16 PM
banging without protection just weeks before separation?

frodo
11-13-2010, 10:26 PM
banging without protection just weeks before separation?

nash wouldn't have divorced his wife only a day after parturition if the son was biologically his. the birth of the kid triggered their divorce imo.

lurker
11-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Her pregnancy hormones probably made her get fed up of him whoring around on her. :lol

Matteo Nash, future soccer star?

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 10:43 PM
nash wouldn't have divorced his wife only a day after parturition if the son was biologically his. the birth of the kid triggered their divorce imo.

Especially when he came out looking like the spittin' image of Stat.

ploto
11-13-2010, 10:44 PM
nash wouldn't have divorced his wife only a day after parturition if the son was biologically his.

Maybe she is divorcing him.

MiamiHeat
11-13-2010, 10:49 PM
could be that they wanted to have the baby while they were still married

so the baby wasnt born out of wedlock. wait 1 day, then divorce. all planned out?

Obstructed_View
11-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Or the baby came out dark and looking like Amare.

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Or the baby came out dark and looking like Amare.

What, there's a fuckin' echo in here? Get your shit together, Obs.

resistanze
11-13-2010, 11:00 PM
^^ Cully beat you to that one.

Crookshanks
11-13-2010, 11:03 PM

so the baby wasnt born out of wedlock. wait 1 day, then divorce. all planned out?

I don't think they cared about that - after all, their twin girls are 6 years old and they've only been married for 5 years. It's still weird to divorce when you've just had a child together.

BRHornet45
11-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Sons my sources tell me that Nash and Diana Taurasi have always been extra friendly with one another.

lurker
11-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Couples breaking up during a pregnancy happens a lot, sadly.

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Why do you suppose that is, Lurker? Seriously.

BlackSwordsMan
11-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Why do you suppose that is, Lurker? Seriously.

I think obstructed view said it best.

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I think obstructed view said it best.

But, I said it first, gd it!

YoungB
11-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Kind of leaves things open to speculation and makes you wonder. I'd suspect either A) the baby wasn't his or B) they've been having severe problems since shortly after she became pregnant, maybe even long before, and only stayed together until after the baby was born and the divorce has been planned for some time.

NRHector
11-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Or the baby came out dark and looking like Amare.or like Shaq, we all know how he was stealing ideas from Nash

Fpoonsie
11-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Sons my sources tell me that Nash and Diana Taurasi have always been extra friendly with one another.

Yeah, word is they've been spotted chatting it up repeatedly at adjacent urinals...

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2010, 01:04 AM
sons my sources tell me that nash and diana taurasi have always been extra friendly with one another.

so the kid came out looking like diana?

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 03:06 AM

This isn't 17th century England, I doubt that was the reason.

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2010, 03:19 AM

it could have been not for appearances sake but for the kids psyche

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 03:27 AM
it could have been not for appearances sake but for the kids psyche

The kid is barely a day old, he won't know any better...besides, his parents' situation is increasingly becoming the norm in society. Marriages don't last and divorce rates have gone up exponentially year-by-year.

peskypesky
11-14-2010, 04:06 AM
ObstructedView guessed it. The baby is black.

peskypesky
11-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Marriages don't last and divorce rates have gone up exponentially year-by-year.

The single best way to avoid getting divorced is to never get married. Why do these rich athletes get married? Stupid. Just bang hot babes til you're retired, then maybe settle down. This isn't fucking rocket science.

Mori Chu
11-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Wonder whether the baby looked more like Shaq or Amare. Which would make Nash madder? (Shaq, probably, eh?)

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 04:11 AM
The single best way to avoid getting divorced is to never get married. Why do these rich athletes get married? Stupid. Just bang hot babes til you're retired, then maybe settle down. This isn't fucking rocket science.

For as much as I dislike the Yankees, Derek Jeter's one of the only superstar athletes to grasp this concept.

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Wonder whether the baby looked more like Shaq or Amare. Which would make Nash madder? (Shaq, probably, eh?)

Had it been Shaq she could've delivered triplets w/o the epidural.

peskypesky
11-14-2010, 04:18 AM
For as much as I dislike the Yankees, Derek Jeter's one of the only superstar athletes to grasp this concept.

Right? I mean, its fucking retarded that these guys get married when they're young. They don't NEED to. They can fuck the hottest chicks in the world for years on end. Why get tied down to one? Especially when all you have to do is look around and see what's going to happen. You're going to cheat on them as they get older, then they'll file for divorce and take half your shit and tarnish your image. Why would you do this?

George Clooney is just laughing at all the other male movie stars who keep getting married and divorced. Idiotic. And Jeter seems to be one of the few athletes who's got a clue.

Chieflion
11-14-2010, 05:27 AM
RJ also figured this out, tbh. But it turned into gay rumors.

pauls931
11-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Well if the baby is his, then he's lost some major points in my book. But I guess in theory they probably wanted him/her to not be a bastard.

jacobdrj
11-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Pisses me off to see something like this... Oh well. Not really basketball related...

Giuseppe
11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Still & all the Bryants saw it thru & have persevered in their marriage.

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Still & all the Bryants saw it thru & have persevered in their marriage.

she's a gold digger and he's got a shitload of money. match made in heaven. he could rape 100 more white girls, as long as he gives her gigantic fucking diamonds every time.

Giuseppe
11-14-2010, 10:04 AM
she's a gold digger and he's got a shitload of money. match made in heaven. he could rape 100 more white girls, as long as he gives her gigantic fucking diamonds every time.

That don't make no sense, Mr. O & Forever. She'd get 50% + a $1 of his entire worth if she divorced him. But, she didn't. They got it straightened out and their marriage is strong & vital. I'm proud of 'em.

Not like your Dirk. What'd Luva say about that girl that cold called him and sold him swamp land?

:lmao

Yeah, that was it. I remember.

dunkman
11-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Nash probably didn't want to abandon a pregnant woman to get cataloged as a coward. He waited a day after to call it quits.

Giuseppe
11-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Nash probably didn't want to abandon a pregnant woman to get cataloged as a coward. He waited a day after to call it quits.

Nash got some abandoning practice in when he left Porter for the buzzards. Nash called it quits then too.

lurker
11-14-2010, 11:01 AM
He said they've been separated for months. I don't know where people are getting that he waited until after the baby popped out to say, "well, it's been fun, but I've gotta get going now."

I think she's likely the one that ended it. He was always cheating on her and most women don't like that, especially when they're at home with two kids and a third on the way.

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM

God bless America

ploto
11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
they've been having severe problems since shortly after she became pregnant, maybe even long before, and only stayed together until after the baby was born and the divorce has been planned for some time.

You also have the option of the woman's last ditch effort to "save" the marriage by getting pregnant.

BlackSwordsMan
11-14-2010, 12:44 PM
He said they've been separated for months. I don't know where people are getting that he waited until after the baby popped out to say, "well, it's been fun, but I've gotta get going now."

I think she's likely the one that ended it. He was always cheating on her and most women don't like that, especially when they're at home with two kids and a third on the way.

nah it ended when wee steveie was in the delivery room and a set of curly black hair came out

jag
11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Lola, Bella and Matteo...ok

Trainwreck2100
11-14-2010, 01:14 PM
That don't make no sense, Mr. O & Forever. She'd get 50% + a $1 of his entire worth if she divorced him. But, she didn't. They got it straightened out and their marriage is strong & vital. I'm proud of 'em.

Not like your Dirk. What'd Luva say about that girl that cold called him and sold him swamp land?

:lmao

Yeah, that was it. I remember.

I'm gonna assume line has an iron prenup

MiamiHeat
11-14-2010, 01:39 PM

Having a baby while still married is preferable to having a baby out of wedlock.

I know it's important to me, and it would possibly be important to the child when he/she is an adult.

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
She'd get 50% + a $1 of his entire worth if she divorced him.

Why settle for 50% + a $1 when you can just stick with him and keep the entire 100% + a lifetime supply of "sorry I raped that white girl" diamonds?

Giu, yer slippin. Don't slip too far or you'll go right off the cliff into the pit of despair, with nothin but your birthday suit and a lifetime of memories sucked away completely, minus the woe of the summer of 04.

BRHornet45
11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Steve at Diana's game (without wife)
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Steve+Nash+San+Antonio+Silver+Stars+v+Phoenix+ZEfa OBXm_mCl.jpg

"we have Diana Taurasi"
Tfy6r0fgccI

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Ob3e3mcRn44/SsGa0F0SynI/AAAAAAAAOvI/VVvtE1hKgA4/s576/jhines09-nba_4162s.JPG

monosylab1k
11-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Steve at Diana's game (without wife)
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Steve+Nash+San+Antonio+Silver+Stars+v+Phoenix+ZEfa OBXm_mCl.jpg

"we have Diana Taurasi"
Tfy6r0fgccI

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Ob3e3mcRn44/SsGa0F0SynI/AAAAAAAAOvI/VVvtE1hKgA4/s576/jhines09-nba_4162s.JPG

So would this be the NBA's first lesbian relationship?

*cue 21 blessings with "No that would be Dirk and Nash the first time"
*cue grey spurfan and rocketfan laughing their ass off at it

DeadlyDynasty
11-14-2010, 02:36 PM
That last pic of Nash and Mr. Ed is the quintessential uncomfortable "just friends" hug.