11-13-2010, 10:17 PM
http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2009113000001530.jpg

Venti Quattro
11-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Just another day in the office.

rascalpascal09
11-13-2010, 10:19 PM
It's Rondo, Rascal.

crofl I know Rondo excites that little pecker of yours, Cubby, but no PG who can't make a simple jumpshot can be called the best.

Killakobe81
11-13-2010, 10:24 PM
crofl I know Rondo excites that little pecker of yours, Cubby, but no PG who can't make a simple jumpshot can be called the best.

I hate to side against Cubby, but Rascal speaks the truth ...

balli
11-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I firmly believe that Deron is better than Paul. If I could do draft night over as GM, I would 100% take Deron. But I don't get offended when people prefer Paul. There's an argument to be made.

It enrages me when people put Rondo in their class though. Great, he's had a lot of assists this year and plays pretty hard. Who the fuck cares? He doesn't have half the skill set that Deron and cp3 do. He will never, ever carry a team the way the top 2 do.

Pelicans78
11-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I firmly believe that Deron is better than Paul. If I could do draft night over as GM, I would 100% take Deron. But I don't get offended when people prefer Paul. There's an argument to be made.

It enrages me when people put Rondo in their class though. Great, he's had a lot of assists this year and plays pretty hard. Who the fuck cares? He doesn't have half the skill set that Deron and cp3 do. He will never, ever carry a team the way the top 2 do.

I agree.

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 10:41 PM

If that is your ceiling you hit it.

Rondo though actually impacted to an NBA Championship.

Williams & Paul talk about it.

noob cake
11-13-2010, 10:45 PM

I love how Lakers fans gets to evoke BOTH the championship and individual accomplishment logic selectively....

rascalpascal09
11-13-2010, 10:50 PM

So did Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar, but that doesn't excuse you Lakerfans from sending them to the tree of woe.....

tee, hee

Obstructed_View
11-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Dwill might have his moments, but Chris Paul is enormously clutch. I'd put Kidd and Parker and Nash above Williams in the clutch department.

Dunc n Dave
11-13-2010, 11:11 PM
So did Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar, but that doesn't excuse you Lakerfans from sending them to the tree of woe.....

tee, hee

cue Cully with "lmemulatedao!"

Killakobe81
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM

Agree 100%. I just laugh when people say it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

As for Rondo when he leads his team to a title it will be his first. 2008 was about KG changing the Celts on D, Pierce in the clutch and Ray putting them over the top. They almost won despite rOndo. True he was the driving force the past 2 seasons no doubt about it ...but if he could of hit an open jumper no way they lose to the Lakers last year...so he carries that burden as well.

AS for the Laker fan remark ...titles matter when you discuss the greatness or the legacy of a plyer it does not apply when comparing an all-star like Rondo to the two best PG's in the game.

Billups has a ring but it does not mean he is a greater PG than Nash or Kidd.
However, the fact Magic has 5 and Stockton has none does matter because those 2 PG's are in the same class ...make sense? Plus Magic beat Stockton on his way to to two of those titles ..rings and head to head matter ...

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Agree 100%. I just laugh when people say it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

As for Rondo when he leads his team to a title it will be his first. 2008 was about KG changing the Celts on D, Pierce in the clutch and Ray putting them over the top. They almost won despite rOndo. True he was the driving force the past 2 seasons no doubt about it ...but if he could of hit an open jumper no way they lose to the Lakers last year...so he carries that burden as well.

Rondo didn't fail the Celtics in Game 7, that was Allen. Rondo brought them to within 2 with the three in the top corner at the end.

And yes, Rondo didn't lead the Celtics to the title in '08, but, he severely impacted the accomplishment.

Neither Williams or Paul have ever even made the Finals. Hell, the Lakers made Williams say "uncle" just this past Spring.

Hooks
11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Antonio Margarito needs to cut his that fucken Mullet lol

ElNono
11-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Rondo plays the other side of the floor a lot better than CP3 and DWill combined. That's his strength... He's definitely in the conversation for the top 5 PG in the league...

balli
11-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Rondo plays the other side of the floor a lot better than CP3 and DWill combined. That's his strength... He's definitely in the conversation for the top 5 PG in the league...

bah. No way. Deron is so elite and versatile defensively. Supremely under-rated defender. Except by Hubie Brown who made mention of it the other night.

Rondo is a good defender, but he's not much better than D-Will alone, much less the two combined. He might guard quicker guards better, but I've seen Deron body the fuck out of two's and even three's in the post too many times to call Rondo's advantage sizeable.

I agree, Rondo, overall, is in the conversation as top 5, I just think the drop off after Deron and Paul is HUGE.

Killakobe81
11-13-2010, 11:39 PM

Top 5 no doubt but he is more of a great help defender than some spectacular on the ball defender it's not like he locks down any of the other top PG's ...

Top 5 most def, but top PG with no jumpshot and that shitty FT%?!

The TroutBum
11-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I have a boner right now.

Dead serious.

Giuseppe
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I have a boner right now.

Dead serious.

I am envious right now.

Dead serious.