PDA

View Full Version : Spurs React guy on BTR

MinuteByMinuteSports
11-14-2010, 12:32 AM
what suggestions you have to make this show better..

MinuteByMinuteSports
11-14-2010, 04:43 AM
The Spurs echo this very private and professional way of handling their business.

your correct on your statement. We apologize

Drachen
11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
your correct on your statement. We apologize

You can delete the above post to make it reflect your statement here.

ohmwrecker
11-14-2010, 11:11 AM
But we want to know, what suggestions you have to make this show better..

Stop doing it and get a real job.

wontstartdumbthreads
11-14-2010, 11:59 AM
my honest advice: even if the guy "sucked", don't post it to everybody and spill that he was "let go". Handle your business internally and don't announce anything that may detract from your reputation. The attitude and efficacy of a given employee is usually a fairly accurate reflection of their management.

Thanks for the dime's worth management lesson. Although it included a pretty wild (if not completely erroneous) use of the word "efficacy". It has a very specific meaning and is rarely used to describe a person except in the fairly obscure idea of "self efficacy". Anyone familiar with that phrase should know that only a pompous ass would throw it out on a bball thread. But I'm sure that's not you, right?

On another level, you probably compounded the original situation by calling out the OP. If you really believed what you were spouting, you could have achieved the same result with a PM instead of your public display of pomposity. But I guess then you couldn't have shown how smart u think u r. Booya.

MannyIsGod
11-14-2010, 12:05 PM
My advice is to stop spamming.

wontstartdumbthreads
11-14-2010, 12:28 PM
The Spurs echo this very private and professional way of handling their business.

Omg. WTF. Good thing I was revisiting this thread to see if I was as funny as I thought I was. So you took the additional post to criticize the op for a MO which you violate by your same post. All made worse by your misuse of the simple word "echo". If you keep it up, people will eventually realize you are in your second year of community college.

5in10
11-14-2010, 12:34 PM
What's btr?

wontstartdumbthreads
11-14-2010, 12:40 PM
What's btr?

Better than Roger (Mason Jr.)

Kori Ellis
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the dime's worth management lesson. Although it included a pretty wild (if not completely erroneous) use of the word "efficacy". It has a very specific meaning and is rarely used to describe a person except in the fairly obscure idea of "self efficacy". Anyone familiar with that phrase should know that only a pompous ass would throw it out on a bball thread. But I'm sure that's not you, right?

On another level, you probably compounded the original situation by calling out the OP. If you really believed what you were spouting, you could have achieved the same result with a PM instead of your public display of pomposity. But I guess then you couldn't have shown how smart u think u r. Booya.

I think he just meant to type efficiency.

Flux451
11-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Omg. WTF. Good thing I was revisiting this thread to see if I was as funny as I thought I was. So you took the additional post to criticize the op for a MO which you violate by your same post. All made worse by your misuse of the simple word "echo". If you keep it up, people will eventually realize you are in your second year of community college.

Give it a break. You sound like the OP's troll.

wontstartdumbthreads
11-14-2010, 01:57 PM
I think he just meant to type efficiency.

Idk...maybe...but by the condescending tone, I doubt it. I don't think that autofill picks "efficacy" over "efficiency".

wunderkindepiphany
11-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Efficacy-capacity for producing a desired result or effect; effectiveness: a remedy of great efficacy.

A.)There was nothing wrong with the way I used the word "efficacy", the context in which I used it was valid.

B.)You call me a "pompous ass" in a long-winded response. I call you a hypocrite. You even finished your own post with "booya", that's pretty much giving yourself props, right there. Calm down fella'.

C.)There were other things that I thought were wrong with this thread that I opted not to point out, most of which would be/probably were fairly obvious to any reader. Even if your employees are doing a bad job and you, as a boss, have to let them go, you dont hang them out to dry and announce their mistakes to everybody. That's bad business and my advice came from an honest place. YOU sought to insult me because, for some reason, what I wrote rubbed you the wrong way.

At any rate, its all good. I'm not gonna lose any sleep about this. Enjoy the nice weather out and the best of luck to the Spurs this evening against the Thunder.

wunderkindepiphany
11-14-2010, 02:35 PM
by the by, 'ol chap, if you ever want to actually play basketball against me, PM me and I'll kick your ass on the court too.

Cheerio

MinuteByMinuteSports
11-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Stop doing it and get a real job.

We do have jobs

spurs10
11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Is this the program on WOAI that comes on after Bill Schoening signs off? If so, I'd say Bill is a tough act to follow, but I like the idea of a game night discussion, especially on a long drive home. You need someone with knowledge about the team and basketball naturally. Preferably a fan, like 99% of the people listening, with some public speaking skills. The callers should be the focus, with the DJ running interference.

wunderkindepiphany
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Minutebyminute, sorry I got your thread off-topic. I deleted my initial statements. Best of luck to you with your show.

MinuteByMinuteSports
11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Minutebyminute, sorry I got your thread off-topic. I deleted my initial statements. Best of luck to you with your show.

It's fine. Thank You

MinuteByMinuteSports
11-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Is this the program on WOAI that comes on after Bill Schoening signs off? If so, I'd say Bill is a tough act to follow, but I like the idea of a game night discussion, especially on a long drive home. You need someone with knowledge about the team and basketball naturally. Preferably a fan, like 99% of the people listening, with some public speaking skills. The callers should be the focus, with the DJ running interference.

That is what we are doing, except our show is on blog talk radio. We have three people doing the show, the coordinator, stats girl, and the host. its really a good show. all opinions are welcome