PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Bench

LeCrab
11-14-2010, 09:48 PM
How impressed are you with the spurs bench.....

jason1301
11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Our bench is pretty good, but I expect it to be much better by the time JA returns.

Nathan89
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I would be more impressed if the Spurs could fill the backup sf position. Other than that we have a lot of talent on the bench. Splitter,Hill, and future backup Blair haven't even caught stride.

TD 21
11-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Yeah, good as the bench has been, they need to add another wing with size. People can talk about the wing positions on the Spurs being interchangeable all they want, the reality is you need size on the wings in certain match-ups and when going small.

The more I think about it, I get the sense that the Spurs want to avoid Hayes and veteran types in general. Pop claimed they didn't purposely not sign a vet last summer, but I think they did. They knew they weren't getting a high quality one, all they could have gotten would have been a minimal type. It just seems like, in addition to wanting to get younger, they didn't want anyone on a guaranteed contract, who's going to be a fringe rotation player, that might have a sense of entitlement. A guy who's been in the league a while is more likely to have that than a guy who's had to scratch and claw just to get a foot in the door.

I expect them to waive Gee by the 25th of this month and if/when they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Gardner or someone of that ilk.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I think they've been great so far. Losing Ja hurts. Hopefully they can keep improving their defense and maybe try to find some way to make up for his loss, perhaps by going bigger instead of smaller.

EricB
11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Its good but its never gonna reach its full potential if James Anderson doesn't return this season.

With James Anderson the bench IMO has the potential to be the best in the league.

Ditty
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
if hill and splitter's offense games come around and the injury doesn't bother anderson when he comes back probably the best in the league.