PDA

View Full Version : sons the KING is in Dallas and already annoyed with you people ...

BRHornet45
11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
sons we all already know that he will go off against Dallas (since no one can guard him), but fuel has been added to the fire. the King has been insulted at a local Dallas restaurant per his twitter ...

In Dallas tryin to take the fam to Truluck's...had a 7:30pm reservation and still haven't been seated yet...

Truluck's in Dallas, TX gets 4 THUMBS DOWN!!! #imouttahere #starving

http://twitter.com/oneandonlycp3

Roddy Beaubois
11-15-2010, 01:09 AM
lol what a bitch

Ditty
11-15-2010, 01:10 AM
true dat son been too dallas twice last year with my spurs jersey, once for the all star game and for the game 1 of the playoffs last year didn't even say anything at the restraunts, and got harrassed by the people working there, and some people that were eating also. They took forever and cooked our food crappy.

BRHornet45
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
true dat son been too dallas twice last year with my spurs jersey, once for the all star game and for the game 1 of the playoffs last year didn't even say anything at the restraunts, and got harrassed by the people working there, and some people that were eating also. They took forever and cooked our food crappy.

son its just a horrible city full of horrible people.

DMX7
11-15-2010, 01:29 AM
It's true.

BUMP
11-15-2010, 01:31 AM
sons we all already know that he will go off against Dallas (since no one can guard him), but fuel has been added to the fire. the King has been insulted at a local Dallas restaurant per his twitter ...

In Dallas tryin to take the fam to Truluck's...had a 7:30pm reservation and still haven't been seated yet...

Truluck's in Dallas, TX gets 4 THUMBS DOWN!!! #imouttahere #starving

http://twitter.com/oneandonlycp3

Defense from every position on the court...creating matchup problems... A bonafide playmaker and clutch performer...rebounding...shot-blocking...setting screens...belief in each other...never-die mentality...how to work as a unit...toughness...discipline...

Defense from every position on the court...creating matchup problems... A bonafide playmaker and clutch performer...rebounding...shot-blocking...setting screens...belief in each other...never-die mentality...how to work as a unit...toughness...discipline...

Mav-elous Man
11-15-2010, 01:41 AM
If you don't like Dallas, stay your bitch ass away from our city. Don't need you.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 01:47 AM
CP3 ain't even close to being the King. Neither is that one top 10 guard or the "Chosen 1"

Lakers2009champs
11-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Last summer I asked this old lady for some directions in dallas and that bitch told me to get lost.

SAtown
11-15-2010, 02:26 AM
If you don't like Dallas, stay your bitch ass away from our city. Don't need you.

:lmao

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Last summer I asked this old lady for some directions in dallas and that bitch told me to get lost.

Sounds like Mono's mother on meth.

fevertrees
11-15-2010, 02:28 AM
CP3 ain't even close to being the King. Neither is that one top 10 guard or the "Chosen 1"

bitch please there is only a King in New Orleans

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 02:29 AM
& that King better soldier tonite. I don't want any excuses.

Finish it.

rayjayjohnson
11-15-2010, 02:46 AM
what??????? he's not waiting to be seated at a popeyes?

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Truluck's is awful. I've been there at least 100 times because I used to be naively convinced that they had the best/most fresh crab legs/lobster, but I was sorely mistaken.

I had poor experiences at least every other time but chose to overlook them because I couldn't find any better options as far as the food went.

Now I realize that the food is strikingly mediocre and the service is poor. Then again, I'm a bit jaded when it comes to food because I've been spoiled by going to some of the best restaurants in the entire world - forget just Texas. I'm talking 1, 2, and 3 star michelin restaurants in New York, Las Vegas, California, and even internationally. That said, even compared to "normal" restaurants with reasonable prices, Trulucks is still pretty mediocre, and it often boils down to simple things. I prefer my mashed potatoes to be, well, fully mashed for starters and piping hot when I receive my plate.

Instead, trulucks will consistently serve up luke warm, lumpy mashed potatoes. They also consistently failed to take off the rubbery (albeit edible) outer coating for lobster and king crab.

It's a chain restaurant (a small one, but a chain nonetheless) and it's very rare for me to find a restaurant chain worthy of dining in. The only chains that usually offer decent food (for the price) are various fast food chains (in'n'out burger, etc.)

Man, what a shame though, Texas has some killer fine dining restaurants. I figure a guy like Chris Paul is far too busy to worry about trivial things like where he's going to eat. Oh well, his loss I suppose.

Truluck's is a tricky one indeed. If you go to their website and look at their pictures, their menu, their prices, the un-savvy customer is easily deceived into thinking that this place is going to serve up some amazing food. Not so. I've had better mashed potatoes at shitty chains like the Olive Garden, and I hate the olive garden.

Off the top of my head, one of my favorite places to go in Dallas is Abacus by Kent Rathbun -

http://www.kentrathbun.com/abacus/dallas/index.php

Anybody into michelin star-quality fine dining should give that place a try. The michelin guide only ranks restaurants in selective areas (new york, vegas, california) but I'd say Abacus comes pretty close to 1 star michelin quality if we (Texas) had such ratings.

BRHornet45
11-15-2010, 02:53 AM
what??????? he's not waiting to be seated at a popeyes?

son I guarantee you if he WAS at Popeyes then he would not only get better service, but better food as well ... N.O. represent

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Popeyes has fantastic Tuesday deals. You can get two pieces of any chicken for 99 cents. You don't just have to settle for the leg and thigh. You can get two of anything for no extra charge. I figure if they do it down here, it's probably common practice for most popeyes.

BRHornet45
11-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Truluck's is awful. I've been there at least 100 times because I used to be naively convinced that they had the best/most fresh crab legs/lobster, but I was sorely mistaken.

I had poor experiences at least every other time but chose to overlook them because I couldn't find any better options as far as the food went.

Now I realize that the food is strikingly mediocre and the service is poor. Then again, I'm a bit jaded when it comes to food because I've been spoiled by going to some of the best restaurants in the entire world - forget just Texas. I'm talking 1, 2, and 3 star michelin restaurants in New York, Las Vegas, California, and even internationally. That said, even compared to "normal" restaurants with reasonable prices, Trulucks is still pretty mediocre, and it often boils down to simple things. I prefer my mashed potatoes to be, well, fully mashed for starters and piping hot when I receive my plate.

Instead, trulucks will consistently serve up luke warm, lumpy mashed potatoes. They also consistently failed to take off the rubbery (albeit edible) outer coating for lobster and king crab.

It's a chain restaurant (a small one, but a chain nonetheless) and it's very rare for me to find a restaurant chain worthy of dining in. The only chains that usually offer decent food (for the price) are various fast food chains (in'n'out burger, etc.)

Man, what a shame though, Texas has some killer fine dining restaurants. I figure a guy like Chris Paul is far too busy to worry about trivial things like where he's going to eat. Oh well, his loss I suppose.

Truluck's is a tricky one indeed. If you go to their website and look at their pictures, their menu, their prices, the un-savvy customer is easily deceived into thinking that this place is going to serve up some amazing food. Not so. I've had better mashed potatoes at shitty chains like the Olive Garden, and I hate the olive garden.

Off the top of my head, one of my favorite places to go in Dallas is Abacus by Kent Rathbun -

http://www.kentrathbun.com/abacus/dallas/index.php

Anybody into michelin star-quality fine dining should give that place a try. The michelin guide only ranks restaurants in selective areas (new york, vegas, california) but I'd say Abacus comes pretty close to 1 star michelin quality if we (Texas) had such ratings.

son rest assured that King Paul took mental notes of tonight's Dallas dining experience.

BRHornet45
11-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Popeyes has fantastic Tuesday deals. You can get two pieces of any chicken for 99 cents. You don't just have to settle for the leg and thigh. You can get two of anything for no extra charge. I figure if they do it down here, it's probably common practice for most popeyes.

son get it spicy with those seasoned french fries ... (busting a nut)

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 02:59 AM

Yep, that skin hits your tongue. It's damn near orgiastic.

Once you've had Popeyes, KFC can never be consumed again. It's utter garbage in comparison.

BRHornet45
11-15-2010, 03:02 AM
sons speaking of Popeyes ... RIP to Mr. Al Copeland. his family still sits courtside at nearly every game in his season tickets.

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Mother fucker now I want some late night Popeyes, but I don't think we have any 24/7 ones open around these parts. Fuck...

Yeah Popeyes chicken (the skin) is fucking amazing, and the fries are also badass. And let's not forget those buttermilk biscuits.

rayjayjohnson
11-15-2010, 03:10 AM
son rest assured that King Paul took mental notes of tonight's Dallas dining experience.

hope he remembers that when he's dining on dirk's nuts.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Mother fucker now I want some late night Popeyes, but I don't think we have any 24/7 ones open around these parts. Fuck...

Yeah Popeyes chicken (the skin) is fucking amazing, and the fries are also badass. And let's not forget those buttermilk biscuits.

Their catfish is scrumpious as well. It takes a while though.

dirk4mvp
11-15-2010, 03:11 AM

:cry they cooked our food crappy :cry

buttsR4rebounding
11-15-2010, 03:49 AM
son its just a horrible city full of horrible people.

Although there is something to be said for a city that IS full of people...:danceclub

y2kbug
11-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Popeyes is from San Antonio lol.

rayjayjohnson
11-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Popeyes is from San Antonio lol.

says here it's from arabi, louisiana.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeyes

numbnuts.

sefant77
11-15-2010, 06:04 AM

Please dont cry. Better remember what players tell about being in a hotel in SA before the games....no room service, night calls etc

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Sounds like Mono's mother on meth.

crofl

goat=gotten

and I ain't givin it back to you anytime soon, cubby. tee hee

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Gotcha!

:lmao

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, O & Forever....great trend.

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
lmvictoriousao!

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
lmemulatedao!

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
i'm a trend setter.

i set trends.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
lmcontrollinao!

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 09:59 AM
sorry Cubby, but I'm a popular dude on these here forums. I got requests to post in other ppl's threads, as you can see. So I gotta run, but it was fun! Enjoy eating alone at the Chuckbox!

Roddy Beaubois
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
sorry Cubby, but I'm a popular dude on these here forums. I got requests to post in other ppl's threads, as you can see. So I gotta run, but it was fun! Enjoy eating alone at the Chuckbox!

tbh I saw some guy named Gronkowski(?) scored 3 TD's. I would love to hear some comments about who this guy is and where he attended school. It seems like someone once upon a time was trying to tell me he would be good, but I laughed at him.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
lmvictoriousao!

Buh, bye.

Ditty
11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Please dont cry. Better remember what players tell about being in a hotel in SA before the games....no room service, night calls etc

well the first time when we went to some bbq place in arlington, I believe because we stayed next door too six flags, that place was pretty good, food wasn't great. bill millers is probably better just the bbq sause was pretty damn good. This one wasn't the one to really complain about just stupid comments about the spurs from the guys serving us. :lol

The second time when we came back for the playoffs, we went to some sports bar downtown. They were probably about only 3 table there in which one of them already had there food, and the others ordered after they seated us and took our drinkk, and they got there food about 10 minutes after they ordered. The girl kept coming to us to keep talking mess about how the spurs sucked,how we don't belong here(she playing though), how great the mavs were etc. Didn't really say anything because don't ever want to fuck with people that care for your food(worked in an restraunt before. It took about 30 minutes to cook my friends 2 plates and mine, food wasn't great either (wouldn't have been suprised if they spit in it). We got to Dallas about 4 hours before the game so we weren't the one's to complain. I just gave her a spurs schedule for a tip. :lol

I'm not a picky eater either.