PDA

View Full Version : TSA has briliant strategy for thwarting terrorism

DarrinS
11-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Random pat downs of non-Muslims and their children.

X1vmcJVIErA

DarrinS
11-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Example: 3 yr old girl

2TCHSGvNwRY

Drachen
11-15-2010, 09:26 AM
What probability are is small enough for you to ignore? 1%? I am just wondering because there have been many americans defecting to Al Q, et. al. some of which are even white (not many, but some). Parents can make their kids do whatever they want. So I ask again, what is the probability that you are comfortable ignoring? This is actually an honest question because, having 2 girls, I am trying to figure this out myself.

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
I highly doubt TheSanityAnnex had anything to do with this.

boutons_deux
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
"probability of dying in a ..."

These kinds of probability vs preventative studies are very old, and always amusing, shows how irrational people are.

What's not amusing is how right-wing war-mongering demagogues abuse the probabilities to justify fleecing Americans and enriching the MIC.

eg, American medical care errors (and rationed medical care) kill many more Americans, like 100k to 150K EVERY YEAR, than AQ will in OBL wildest fantasies.

These fricking employor-of-last-resort TSA nutjobs and their cancer-inducing xray machines are gonna solve which threat which has killed or injured how many Americans since 9/11? ABSOLUTELY ZERO. 100s of $Ms spent on these machines, their maintenance, their replacement. And judging from the number of people killed or injured by badly regulated xray machines in medical centers, you know these TSA scanners, sooner or later, will be overdosing, too.

AQ has beat America like a drum, into pure idiocy.

DarrinS
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I highly doubt TheSanityAnnex had anything to do with this.

WTF is that?

ElNono
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I posted an article a while back about this. The sole purpose is to intimidate passengers so they don't resist walking through the new, mint-condition, multi-million dollar full body scanners.

The TSA is getting sued about the use of said scanners, BTW.

DarrinS
11-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I posted an article a while back about this. The sole purpose is to intimidate passengers so they don't resist walking through the new, mint-condition, multi-million dollar full body scanners.

The TSA is getting sued about the use of said scanners, BTW.

When I first heard about these machines, I thought they were only going to be used on highly suspicious passengers -- not random samples.

boutons_deux
11-15-2010, 11:47 AM
They're supposed to be used on everybody, including young children and pregnant women.

Stringer_Bell
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Example: 3 yr old girl

2TCHSGvNwRY

The youtube title says "accosted?" :rollin

1) The little girl, and I mean nothing offensive by this, appears to have some kind of mental/learning disorder OR this is her first time going through airport security. Either way, the parents had the chance to figure out a way to help the TSA people do their job.
2) Complaining about "normal" people getting searched just shows how stupid Americans are about their security. We allowed this to happen, don't blame the people that are dressed funny.
3) I hate the TSA, can't believe how some people are hired by them, but if people are only raising a stink about the TSA and policies now that they are getting patted down...well, you deserve the frustration.

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
This is a classic case of "closing the barn door after the horse got out".

I seriously doubt that the next major terrorist incident is airplane related. There are just too many other easy and unguarded ways to kill massive amounts of people if one was so inclined.

Spurminator
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Random pat downs of non-Muslims

There are a lot of good arguments about the TSA and their search procedures, and progress is being made towards defeating some of those procedures. So you'd probably help best by keeping your prejudice out of the argument, k thanks. It sort of undermines the argument for the rest of us.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I think we should adopt the policies of El Al. They haven't had a hijacking in quite some time. Whatever they're doing works.

ElNono
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
When I first heard about these machines, I thought they were only going to be used on highly suspicious passengers -- not random samples.

It's for everybody. How do you classify 'highly suspicious' other than by preconceived bias OR actually having a dossier on everybody?

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
It's for everybody. How do you classify 'highly suspicious' other than by preconceived bias OR actually having a dossier on everybody?
So, which do the Israelis use? Preconceived biases or dossiers, or both?

George Gervin's Afro
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM

Do we live in Isreal?

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Do we live in Isreal?
No, but whatever they're doing there works.

ElNono
11-15-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm not sure. Do your own research?
While you're at it, see if Israelis have the same rights that Americans do. You wouldn't want to be comparing apples to oranges.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure. Do your own research?
I'm pretty satisfied with saying I think we should employ whatever tactics are used by the Israelis at their airports.

While you're at it, see if Israelis have the same rights that Americans do.
How 'bout we just compare their treatment of airline passengers? After all, I'm not comparing "apples to oranges;" I'm comparing apples to apples. Not everyone who uses American airports are citizens just like not everyone who uses Israeli airports are Israeli citizens.

But, I do know their method for screening passenger is a bit less intrusive, more deliberate, and more respectful than the one we've adopted here. And, they've not experienced a case of violence on any of their airliners in decades.

All without groping Nuns, teenager, or grandmas in wheelchairs.[/QUOTE]

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 02:28 PM
DarrinS is going to start watching little girls like a hawk.

boutons_deux
11-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Blog calls for men to wear kilts, sans underpants, to protest TSA screenings

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/blog-wear-kilt-underpants-protest-tsa-screenings/

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 02:34 PM
DarrinS is going to start watching little girls like a hawk.
You raise a good point. The pervs at the TSA are going to be having a field day.

TEeRD26hDDw

baseline bum
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
LMAO @ the kilts suggestion.

Spurminator
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
The 9/11 hijackers were able to use those planes as weapons because they got box cutters on board their planes and the cockpit was compromised.

Beyond an airplane's potential as a weapon of its own I don't really understand why we're so much more concerned about protecting planes from terrorist attack than we are about protecting shopping malls, schools, sporting events, and any other place where far more people are gathered together and where a bomb could do significantly more damage.

I don't really have a problem running my carry-ons through an x-ray, but everything above metal detectors and a secure cockpit is just theater, IMO.

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 03:04 PM
The 9/11 hijackers were able to use those planes as weapons because they got box cutters on board their planes and the cockpit was compromised.

Beyond an airplane's potential as a weapon of its own I don't really understand why we're so much more concerned about protecting planes from terrorist attack than we are about protecting shopping malls, schools, sporting events, and any other place where far more people are gathered together and where a bomb could do significantly more damage.

I don't really have a problem running my carry-ons through an x-ray, but everything above metal detectors and a secure cockpit is just theater, IMO.

Agreed. as an example, it would be simple for a terrorist to drop the roof of the Alamodome during the Alamobowl and kill thousands of people. A little C4 on the cables and a remote detonator and BAM!

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Agreed. as an example, it would be simple for a terrorist to drop the roof of the Alamodome during the Alamobowl and kill thousands of people. A little C4 on the cables and a remote detonator and BAM!
Sounds like you've given that some thought Cosmic.

Cry Havoc
11-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I think we should adopt the policies of El Al. They haven't had a hijacking in quite some time. Whatever they're doing works.

What's going to stop a terrorist from walking into a mall or a busy skyscaper at the bottom floor and doing the same thing?

Spurminator
11-15-2010, 03:15 PM

:lol I don't know about that, but even though a small bomb in the Alamodome would only take out so many people nearby, the resulting chaos and stampede would likely kill dozens more. A few mall bombs during Christmas shopping season could cripple our economy.

It seems so easy, and yet it hasn't happened, despite comparatively relaxed security measures in these places. Are terrorists so stupid that their imagination is limited to airplane attacks? Or is the threat of terrorism, in the air and elsewhere, maybe, a little less significant than we're making it out to be?

DarrinS

preconceive - for form (as an opinion) prior to actual knowledge or experience

No need have have a preconceived bias.

These dudes fit what's called a "profile"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EOn3tOar3ww/TJp8XdaSHvI/AAAAAAAABd4/9fkhNSVxkl0/s1600/hijackers_092801.gif

Cry Havoc
http://wartard.blogspot.com/2010/11/terrorist-fail.html

Are 'terrorists' more dangerous than how we react to them?

A TSA agent had just felt up my balls as I boarded a plane. I felt seriously fucking violated but I needed to board that red eye so I kept my mouth shut and got myself molested in the interest of 'getting where I needed to be in a harsh economy'. I handed over my boarding card and got directed to my seat. I stuck my carry on luggage into the overhead compartment. I chit chatted with the random guy who sat next to me. Both of us were uneasy as we whipped out our laptops. After all, either of us could have a strip of semtex explosive instead of a lithium battery installed. Not that the TSA would know any better. And I realized...

Airport security is theater.

The necessary fiction of modern life.

I then came to a sudden realization as I tested my flotation device, that if I were an actual terrorist boarding a flight in any American airport, why would I waste my time trying to fool the TSA and smuggle a 'bomb' on board a plane when I could cause far more havoc by simply taking the same bomb and walking to the busiest local shopping mall, tossing my bomb in a rubbish bin at the food court and walking slowly away.

BOOM!

The 'terrorists' have just made every shopping facility in America a no go area. The greatest hit to a consumer economy ever! Why, if the terrorist threat is so real, are soft targets like shopping malls not blowing up every week? A true terrorist would simply bypass flying and blow up soft civilian targets. If Al Qaida are so prevalent, and the war on terror is real, then why are Al Qaida wasting their time smuggling bombs onto airplanes?

There are so many soft targets that could do far more economic damage.

Why are they not happening?

Oh shit, as the author of this entire piece, I suddenly realize how shit gets skewed.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
What's going to stop a terrorist from walking into a mall or a busy skyscaper at the bottom floor and doing the same thing?
What's going to stop them from walking into a mall or busy skyscraper at the bottom floor and doing the same thing if we adopt sane airline screening policies?

Nothing. Why? Because we're not talking about malls or skyscrapers. We're talking about airplanes.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
http://wartard.blogspot.com/2010/11/terrorist-fail.html

Are 'terrorists' more dangerous than how we react to them?

A TSA agent had just felt up my balls as I boarded a plane. I felt seriously fucking violated but I needed to board that red eye so I kept my mouth shut and got myself molested in the interest of 'getting where I needed to be in a harsh economy'. I handed over my boarding card and got directed to my seat. I stuck my carry on luggage into the overhead compartment. I chit chatted with the random guy who sat next to me. Both of us were uneasy as we whipped out our laptops. After all, either of us could have a strip of semtex explosive instead of a lithium battery installed. Not that the TSA would know any better. And I realized...

Airport security is theater.

The necessary fiction of modern life.

I then came to a sudden realization as I tested my flotation device, that if I were an actual terrorist boarding a flight in any American airport, why would I waste my time trying to fool the TSA and smuggle a 'bomb' on board a plane when I could cause far more havoc by simply taking the same bomb and walking to the busiest local shopping mall, tossing my bomb in a rubbish bin at the food court and walking slowly away.

BOOM!

The 'terrorists' have just made every shopping facility in America a no go area. The greatest hit to a consumer economy ever! Why, if the terrorist threat is so real, are soft targets like shopping malls not blowing up every week? A true terrorist would simply bypass flying and blow up soft civilian targets. If Al Qaida are so prevalent, and the war on terror is real, then why are Al Qaida wasting their time smuggling bombs onto airplanes?

There are so many soft targets that could do far more economic damage.

Why are they not happening?

Oh shit, as the author of this entire piece, I suddenly realize how shit gets skewed.
Yeah, you and CosmicCowboy are bucking for a visit from Janet Incompetano and her rubber-gloved goons.

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Sounds like you've given that some thought Cosmic.

Just the nature of the design...a couple pounds of C4, take out two towers and that bitch is going down hard. It would kill thousands.

http://www.crocketteers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/alamo_dome_cimg7791.jpg

Cry Havoc
11-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, you and CosmicCowboy are bucking for a visit from Janet Incompetano and her rubber-gloved goons.

So posing a question as to why terrorists would hit logical targets where we have NO security means I should be a prime candidate for a federal investigation? Are you really that dense? Did you also happen to notice that I didn't write the above article?

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Or how about our water supply? Iv'e got a 2" well at my house that goes straight into the aquifer about 1/2 mile from two different major SAWS pumping stations...pump a couple of truckloads of nasty shit down there and you could kill a bunch of people and put San Antonio out of water for decades...

desflood
11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I had planned on taking my daughter up to MI to visit family for a week in December. I have to go, but since I found out they use the scanners in the SA airport I've been seriously reconsidering the wisdom of her making the trip also. Only a couple of weeks left to make the decision.

DarrinS
11-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I had planned on taking my daughter up to MI to visit family for a week in December. I have to go, but since I found out they use the scanners in the SA airport I've been seriously reconsidering the wisdom of her making the trip also. Only a couple of weeks left to make the decision.

As stated in that video clip, you can look at your ticket and see if your child is selected for random check. If so, you can request that the ticket be changed. It's worth a try, right?

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
So posing a question as to why terrorists would hit logical targets where we have NO security means I should be a prime candidate for a federal investigation? Are you really that dense? Did you also happen to notice that I didn't write the above article?
Calm down, I was just playing off the last line in your post...

Just a bit sensitive, aren't we?

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
This is ridiculous. For the "privilege" of flying, we have to relinquish the most private of our rights, without reasonable suspicion?

Spurminator
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Ni4GVWvT2Zs

"Nobody likes having their 4th amendement violated going through a security line, but the truth of the matter is , uh, we're going to have to do it." (Former TSA administrator)

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Or how about our water supply? Iv'e got a 2" well at my house that goes straight into the aquifer about 1/2 mile from two different major SAWS pumping stations...pump a couple of truckloads of nasty shit down there and you could kill a bunch of people and put San Antonio out of water for decades...

Which is why police/military/etc are allowed to shoot people trying to mess with a water supply. (After proper warning, of course.)

Cry Havoc
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Calm down, I was just playing off the last line in your post...

Just a bit sensitive, aren't we?

How is profiling suspects in airports going to protect other areas of heavy civilian concentration, Yoni?

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
As stated in that video clip, you can look at your ticket and see if your child is selected for random check. If so, you can request that the ticket be changed. It's worth a try, right?

Yeah, because I'm sure THAT won't set off a million alarm bells.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
How is profiling suspects in airports going to protect other areas of heavy civilian concentration, Yoni?
Okay, I'll type slower for you.

We're.not.talking.about.securing.other.areas.of.he avy.civilian.concentration. We're.talking.about.TSA.practices.and.airport.secu rity.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
This is ridiculous. For the "privilege" of flying, we have to relinquish the most private of our rights, without reasonable suspicion?
You raise a good point. Air travel isn't a right. But, with government involved in private enterprise, the way they are, I think they're obligated to afford you some constitutional protections against unreasonable searches and seizures.

However, if the Airline companies were left to provide their own security, they could have you walk on your hands, naked, in order to board a flight.

Cry Havoc
11-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Okay, I'll type slower for you.

We're.not.talking.about.securing.other.areas.of.he avy.civilian.concentration. We're.talking.about.TSA.practices.and.airport.secu rity.

How will profiling at the aiport make our general population safer? What will stop a terrorist from detonating a large bomb in the center of an airport before he gets to the security checkpoint?

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
However, if the Airline companies were left to provide their own security, they could have you walk on your hands, naked, in order to board a flight.

If they wished to go out of business in a week, sure.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
You're right, but, you miss my point.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 04:22 PM
How will profiling at the aiport make our general population safer? What will stop a terrorist from detonating a large bomb in the center of an airport before he gets to the security checkpoint?
Again, we're not talking about our general population. This conversation is about the safety of flying...not walking into a mall...or walking into an airport...but, getting on an airplane and flying.

And, in that respect, profiling -- one of many techniques used by Israel -- seems to work.

MiamiHeat
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
From what I've read,

the TSA scanners are not for "random" screeners. They are not optional at a lot of airports now. All passengers have to go through them, unless you want the pat down instead.

desflood
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, because I'm sure THAT won't set off a million alarm bells.
Yep :lol

From what I've read,

the TSA scanners are not for "random" screeners. They are not optional at a lot of airports now. All passengers have to go through them, unless you want the pat down instead.
That's what I've read also.

I don't suppose more families taking vacations would be willing to drive instead of fly - a return to "The Great American Road Trip". I wonder how quickly the scanners would be dumped when the airlines started losing millions and started putting some "pressure" on TSA to lose the damn things.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Every little right taken away is still, fundamentally, a huge loss. Like choosing between acting out a TSA porno or being fondled while also spending hundreds on tickets and bullshit fees.

Cry Havoc
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Again, we're not talking about our general population. This conversation is about the safety of flying...not walking into a mall...or walking into an airport...but, getting on an airplane and flying.

And, in that respect, profiling -- one of many techniques used by Israel -- seems to work.

How would that make our country safer? Are you saying you support security theater?

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Every little right taken away is still, fundamentally, a huge loss. Like choosing between acting out a TSA porno or being fondled while also spending hundreds on tickets and bullshit fees.

Agreed.

Wild Cobra
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Tommy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073812/) for president!

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I still want to see some REAL scanner porn on a hottie to see whats what. That simulated dumpy bitch the TSA put out with the gun up her ass is....:vomit:

http://www.plasmetic.com/images/airport-scanner.jpg

Wild Cobra
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Getting the missile or explosive there.

Securing the cockpit is enough. I agree, it has become theater.

Wild Cobra
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
The government is constantly violating it's purpose. It's generally against the wealthy and producers of this nation. At least this is a little more fair and balanced.

If you are going to complain about this, then how about complaining about the unequal percentage of tax burdens.

clambake
11-15-2010, 05:19 PM
just pack it into a hoveround.

Spurminator
11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
The government is constantly violating it's purpose. It's generally against the wealthy and producers of this nation. At least this is a little more fair and balanced.

If you are going to complain about this, then how about complaining about the unequal percentage of tax burdens.

That sounds like an invigorating and original discussion topic, maybe you should start a new thread about it.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 05:48 PM
How would that make our country safer? Are you saying you support security theater?
God, you're dense.

The country of Israel employs a security regimen that doesn't entail all this theater and hoop-jumping devised by the TSA. I say, adopt their policies; they've been incident free for decades.

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I still want to see some REAL scanner porn on a hottie to see whats what. That simulated dumpy bitch the TSA put out with the gun up her ass is....:vomit:

http://www.plasmetic.com/images/airport-scanner.jpg
I think that's Janet Incompetano.

Wild Cobra
11-15-2010, 05:54 PM
God, you're dense.

No Shit.

For as smart as he obviously is, he has his blond moments.

Stringer_Bell
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM

This has been my annoyance all along, if these terrorists are so bad and so tough...why haven't they blown themselves up at gas stations and shopping malls? They could put malls out of business, think about it. ANy whacko can run onto a field and blow himself up while your kids are in a huddle during the football game. It's a dangerous world, but at some point we have to realize that we just need to live.

Also, I think if a plane's fuel supply is compromised, it can be contaminated with biological agents and dumped over a major city. Same with the oxygen supply messing with the passengers.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Why bother with explosives? Anyone can easily get a gun and cause a lot of havoc with that. Then again, there are reasons they attack airplanes. Symbolism of what you have done is more important than the actual death toll.

ElNono
11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty satisfied with saying I think we should employ whatever tactics are used by the Israelis at their airports.

How 'bout we just compare their treatment of airline passengers? After all, I'm not comparing "apples to oranges;" I'm comparing apples to apples. Not everyone who uses American airports are citizens just like not everyone who uses Israeli airports are Israeli citizens.

But, I do know their method for screening passenger is a bit less intrusive, more deliberate, and more respectful than the one we've adopted here. And, they've not experienced a case of violence on any of their airliners in decades.

All without groping Nuns, teenager, or grandmas in wheelchairs.

The point is it might not be legal to do so here. You know, we have a Constitution that is the law of the land and what not.
I'm sure they have their own laws, that doesn't mean they're compatible with ours.

ElNono
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
preconceive - for form (as an opinion) prior to actual knowledge or experience

No need have have a preconceived bias.

These dudes fit what's called a "profile"

Hindsight is 20/20. If they fit a profile before the attacks, then why didn't we pick them up then?

I'm all for more non-intrusive counterintelligence. The thing is, even some Americans have turned their backs on the nation, so even profiling has it's limitations.

ElNono
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
The country of Israel employs a security regimen that doesn't entail all this theater and hoop-jumping devised by the TSA. I say, adopt their policies; they've been incident free for decades.

Who has been incident free?
Terrorists realized it's just easier to walk through the Gaza strip while it was still open and blow themselves up that way.
You really don't want the US to have the same incident track record of Israel.

boutons_deux
11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
"Nobody likes having their 4th amendement violated going through a security line, but the truth of the matter is , uh, we're going to have to do it." (Former TSA administrator)

No, You're Fucking Authoritarian Loser Liar.

Winehole23
11-15-2010, 08:43 PM
B/c of the quotation? I don't get it.

boutons_deux
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM
"we're going to have to do it."

He lies. There are other ways, as even a dickhead like Yoni is claiming (Israelis, the Brits vs the IRA).

His lie is that there is absolutely no other way, wanting to shut down all discussion, shut down all thought, STFU.

How many (American) airplanes have terrorists brought down, or even hijacked, since 9/11? ZERO.

So where is the justification of improving on PERFECTION by radiating and/or humiliating every flyer by the brain-dead employer-of-last-resort TSA?

He knows the American sheeple ARE sheeple, and will just bend over and take it up their asses, sheephishly, again, again, and again, forever, and PAY FOR THE MACHINES with their tax dollars.

Makes me think of that joke told by Tarantino at the beginning of Desperado about the guy pissing all over the bar, bartender and the bartenders laughing about it. America is the bar. The authoritarian, unstoppable, unslowable plutocracy is the pisser.

I bet this fucker is paid by the scanning machine/security industry. Would be the typical, corrupt revolving door double-dipper.

Who's laughing last at the American self-inflicted insanity and self-pissed job? OBL and his terrorists.

Winehole23
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
(OIC. You meant the TSA guy, not Spurminator.)

Yonivore
11-15-2010, 11:14 PM
The point is it might not be legal to do so here. You know, we have a Constitution that is the law of the land and what not.
I'm sure they have their own laws, that doesn't mean they're compatible with ours.
I say we find out.

Hell, TSA is pretty much pushing the boundaries on the 4th amendment right now.

ElNono
11-15-2010, 11:17 PM
I say we find out.

You can find out, since it's your proposition.

Hell, TSA is pretty much pushing the boundaries on the 4th amendment right now.

And they're getting sued specifically for that reason.

boutons_deux
11-16-2010, 02:56 AM
"TSA is pretty much pushing the boundaries on the 4th amendment right now."

When the govt does it, you notice and resist.

When the corps do it, ....

boutons_deux
11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
TSA sees sanitary napkins in naked body scans

http://rawreplaymedia.com/media/2010/1009/29205_airport_x-ray_scanner_sexy_woman_naked_b.jpg

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/tsa-sees-sanitary-napkins-body-scans/

Winehole23
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
TSA is investigating "don't touch my junk" guy for leaving the security checkpoint. $11,000 fine, if he's found guilty.

Does the TSA not recall ordering him to leave and escorting him away?

Unflipping believable.

SnakeBoy
11-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Does anyone remember Obama, Pelosi, Reid & company telling everyone that their rights were being violated because the govt might be listening to your overseas phone calls with suspected terrorists?

Maybe I just imagined that. They might have been saying anything to keep you safe is worth it cause the terrorists are out to getcha.

Winehole23
11-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Does anyone remember Obama, Pelosi, Reid & company telling everyone that their rights were being violated because the govt might be listening to your overseas phone calls with suspected terrorists?Yep. They got past that.

Alternation of power changes everything.

Winehole23
11-17-2010, 05:02 AM
(The vote on telecom immunity foreshadowed it.)

Winehole23
11-17-2010, 05:10 AM
And, in that respect, profiling -- one of many techniques used by Israel -- seems to work.They don't feel up old people and little kids in public at airports. Nor would Israelis put up with that. For a minute.

Why should we?

diego
11-17-2010, 06:45 AM
obviously this is theater, just like having hundreds of troops with m16s in the airports. as others have said just securing the cockpit is more than enough.

i think part of the allure of planes for terrorists is that despite being a relatively small strike in terms of numbers, they have a good chance of getting people from several places, making it more likely that many more people than those actually killed will be "connected" to the attack

I'm not sure that Israel is a good parallel, seeing as they are a much smaller country with land borders to many of their enemies. I'm quite sure that Israel has a much higher per capita terrorism rate, the difference being that the attacks come from the ground rather than through airports/planes.

Profiling can be useful but it can also be easily tricked. Profiling will never be superior to real intelligence. And profiling will not overcome poor execution from the burocrats in the middle- think of the nigerian kid last december- no baggage (major red flag), father had warned his son might be going terrorist (major red flag).

diego
11-17-2010, 06:54 AM
also, I remember reading somewhere that the chances of being struck by lightning are significantly higher than the chance of being caught in a terrorist attack. death/risk is a fact of life, just like injury is a fact of sport. the same way you can't compete fearing injury, you can't live fearing death. in that sense, the terrorists have won. The US image, both your own domestic self image or the image other countries have of the US, has always been of a people who put freedom and ideals over fear and survival. not anymore.

Yonivore
11-17-2010, 07:00 AM
They don't feel up old people and little kids in public at airports. Nor would Israelis put up with that. For a minute.

Why should we?
Because you put Obama and Icompetano in office and they say you should.

desflood
11-17-2010, 10:11 AM
My husband thinks I'm overreacting about the girl. I told him that he could choose, then, which he wanted more for his daughter: That she be exposed to a low dose of radiation and a possible pedophile looking at her naked (however small the chance may be) or that she be groped and examined like a slave by a complete stranger because the six-year-old daughter of a career American military man might be carrying an explosive device. He just kind of stared for a few seconds before he mumbled something about "overreaction" again. I don't think he gets it :lol

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Because you put Obama and Icompetano in office and they say you should.

:lmao

boutons_deux
11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
body scanners are a Repug-Exec initiated project, not Magic Negro Exec:

"TSA began deploying state-of-the-art advanced imaging technology in 2007. "

http://www.tsa.gov/approach/tech/ait/index.shtm

Like bullshit wars and unwanted fighter jets, once these projects get started, nobody can stop them.

Yoni Lies, Again.

MiamiHeat
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Like bullshit wars and unwanted fighter jets, once these projects get started, nobody can stop them.

Yoni Lies, Again.

True. This isn't just Obama or even Bush. This is bigger than any President. it's the system we have in place...

8y06NSBBRtY

MiamiHeat
11-17-2010, 12:41 PM
TSA sees sanitary napkins in naked body scans

http://rawreplaymedia.com/media/2010/1009/29205_airport_x-ray_scanner_sexy_woman_naked_b.jpg

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/tsa-sees-sanitary-napkins-body-scans/

thats a fake picture.

http://trueslant.com/KashmirHill/2010/01/27/tsa-scanner-porn-hoax-fools-gizmodo-drudge-report/

Winehole23
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Because you put Obama and Icompetano in office and they say you should.I did no such thing. And that's Incompetano, slick.

desflood
11-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Taking my husband's advice, I did more studying into the TSA's security procedures. I thought, "Maybe I am overreacting, just having a panicked knee-jerk reaction." So after spending most of the morning digging further in for the truth, reading countless articles and watching countless videos... I've canceled my daughter's ticket. Too many lies have been told and too many truths have come out. We're eating the ticket price - it's non-refundable - but damned if this is about money.

SnakeBoy
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Taking my husband's advice, I did more studying into the TSA's security procedures. I thought, "Maybe I am overreacting, just having a panicked knee-jerk reaction." So after spending most of the morning digging further in for the truth, reading countless articles and watching countless videos... I've canceled my daughter's ticket. Too many lies have been told and too many truths have come out. We're eating the ticket price - it's non-refundable - but damned if this is about money.

:toast:toast:toast:toast

I hope ALOT more people do the same. I would love to see that TSA prick who just told congress "he's not going to change the rules" eat his words. Put the financial squeeze on the airlines and you have the american people + the airline unions vs. the TSA. The TSA loses that one fast.

Bender
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
people will always fly... no matter what indignation they are subjected to, they will still line up to fly the friendly skys.

Stringer_Bell
11-17-2010, 06:45 PM
people will always fly... no matter what indignation they are subjected to, they will still line up to fly the friendly skys.

I'm sorry folks, but I'm just not seeing what we should be outraged about. We knew this point, where we are right now, would just be the tip of the iceberg as far as suffering "indignation" at the airports.

As long as no one is putting their thumbs in my asshole, I'm cool. Although I do wonder about radiation from those machines, anyone know if they fuck you up? :(

LnGrrrR
11-18-2010, 01:36 PM

I don't have much of a choice, being in Hawaii and all. :lol

LnGrrrR
11-18-2010, 01:37 PM
As long as no one is putting their thumbs in my asshole, I'm cool. Although I do wonder about radiation from those machines, anyone know if they fuck you up? :(

Some researcher was saying that these were pretty unsafe. Not sure if he had numbers/figures. I would think that blasts of X-rays through you isn't conducive to good health.

boutons_deux
11-18-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/tsaonyourjunk.JPG

Florida airport to opt out of TSA screening

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/florida-airport-opt-tsa-screening/

Wild Cobra
11-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Yoni Lies, Again.
If the political process to be considered, the democrats took the house and senate in 2006.

Why do you always forget that?

Winehole23
11-19-2010, 12:19 PM
TSA is executive branch, WC. Congress has little meaningful input on its regs.

Wild Cobra
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM
TSA is executive branch, WC. Congress has little meaningful input on its regs.
Good.

Now that you acknowledge that, remember, those 2007 time frame wasn't body scanners. They were for luggage. It wasn't till this year that the personal evasive technology was allowed.

Who is the Chief Executive now?

Can't believe you, of all people, walked into that one.

LnGrrrR
11-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Good.

Now that you acknowledge that, remember, those 2007 time frame wasn't body scanners. They were for luggage. It wasn't till this year that the personal evasive technology was allowed.

Who is the Chief Executive now?

Can't believe you, of all people, walked into that one.

Has anyone on this board denied that Obama is anything but a civil liberties apologist? I think even the hardcore liberals will all agree that, on civil liberties, Obama is atrocious and worse than Bush.

I don't think you really scored any points there.

Winehole23
11-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I thought you were blaming it on the Congress. My bad.

SnakeBoy
11-19-2010, 03:12 PM

Govt' say they radiation is fine, don't worry about. Under the current approach to making you feel safe you'll be getting that thumb up the ass as soon as a terrorist manages to get something on a plane by sticking it up his ass. Then it will be "We must check everyone's assholes, it's for your own good."

ElNono
11-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Under the current approach to making you feel safe you'll be getting that thumb up the ass as soon as a terrorist manages to get something on a plane by sticking it up his ass. Then it will be "We must check everyone's assholes, it's for your own good."

Correct-a-mundo.

ElNono
11-19-2010, 06:25 PM
If you have kids, make sure you get them the book:

http://www.boingboing.net/201011111141.jpg

DMX7
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM
What if that child is Muslim?

ElNono
11-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Good summary here:
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/11/tsa_backscatter.html?nc=96

ElNono
11-19-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.cagle.com/news/AirportBodySearches/images/cagle.jpg
http://www.cagle.com/news/AirportBodySearches/images/fairrington.jpg
http://www.cagle.com/news/AirportBodySearches/images/beeler.jpg
http://www.cagle.com/news/AirportBodySearches/images/lester3.jpg
http://www.cagle.com/news/AirportBodySearches/images/matson.jpg

z0sa
11-19-2010, 07:09 PM
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

That is the actual quote, and I agree with it 100%. Either route you pick, be it an 'aggressive patdown' or radioactive scanner, we have been robbed of several essential liberties for unnecessary and definitely temporary security.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2010, 01:08 PM
I thought you were blaming it on the Congress. My bad.
I blame them too. But for anyone to blame these invasive techniques on president Bush, or the republicans, are flat out wrong.

The TSA doesn't have the force of law if congress wants to takes it away. they may operate under the executive branch, but congress can still take it away from them. May require a veto override vote, but the people are infuriated enough, I could see it happening.

z0sa
11-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Congress putting some heat on TSA (http://www.examiner.com/airlines-airport-in-national/congress-blasts-tsa-pat-downs)

Bender
11-20-2010, 05:55 PM
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/_archive/Cartoons/ss-101028-searches/ss-101028-searches-05.grid-8x2.jpg

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/_archive/Cartoons/ss-101028-searches/ss-101028-searches-07.grid-7x2.jpg

MiamiHeat
11-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Here's a question...

should homosexuals be allowed to work as Pat down TSA workers?

They defeat the whole purpose of same gender workers....

How do you feel letting a fag grope your son's ass and genitals?

ElNono
11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I blame them too. But for anyone to blame these invasive techniques on president Bush, or the republicans, are flat out wrong.

Bullshit. You can pin this one on both parties equally and the notion that if they don't pull this shit they're 'soft on terror', a meme that comes straight from warmongers like Cheney.

Don't come telling us your revisionist history now when I was traveling way before '06 and they still treated you like fucking cattle.

boutons_deux
11-20-2010, 08:30 PM
TSA screeners leave cancer survivor covered in urine

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/tsa-cancer-survivor-covered-urine/

boutons_deux
11-20-2010, 08:31 PM
TSA forces cancer survivor to show prosthetic breast

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40278427/ns/travel-news/

fucking America has gone fucking crazy.

Winehole23
11-21-2010, 03:26 AM

jack sommerset, please pick up the sparkle courtesy phone.

Winehole23
11-21-2010, 03:41 AM
But for anyone to blame these invasive techniques on president Bush, or the republicans, are flat out wrong.That's funny, I hold the opposite view.

Bush pioneered it, Obama continues it.

Winehole23
11-21-2010, 05:53 AM
In my moral universe they'd both be stripped of honors, disgraced and thrown into dungeons, but the political universe don't always work that way.

Disgraced, sometimes yes; stripped of honors after the fact, mostly no.

Winehole23
11-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Punished? Ha.

Winehole23
11-21-2010, 07:03 AM
(Except by the office. They all age rapidly before our very eyes.)

Cry Havoc
11-21-2010, 10:44 AM

It's amazing how warped your view of reality is.

boutons_deux
11-21-2010, 12:21 PM
what are the odds of getting killed by terrorist in a plane or getting cancer from the scanners?

If the odds are about the same, what's the point of the scanners and invasive pat downs?

The point is that the Repug-created TSA narrow-minded, self-regarding bureaucracy covering its ass, no matter what the cost to citizens.

And of course, Chertoff getting paid $Ms for winning the business for the scanner mfr he lobbies for, after the Congress voted down funds for the scanners.

If the TSA fucktards cause more people to avoid their puntive, humiliating harassments by driving rather than flying, and these scanners are to be used forever, causing millions more driving miles, then the TSA will be causing more road deaths than they are preventing Terrorists On A Plane deaths.

OBL is laughing his ass off at the insanity he's provoked in America.

jack sommerset
11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Barry supports the groping.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/20/obama.tsa/index.html?hpt=T2

Wild Cobra
11-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Bullshit. You can pin this one on both parties equally and the notion that if they don't pull this shit they're 'soft on terror', a meme that comes straight from warmongers like Cheney.

Don't come telling us your revisionist history now when I was traveling way before '06 and they still treated you like fucking cattle.
They have always treated passengers like cattle. At least we used to be happy cows and bulls.

LnGrrrR
11-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Here's a question...

should homosexuals be allowed to work as Pat down TSA workers?

They defeat the whole purpose of same gender workers....

Wow, way to play to the lowest common denominator.

I wouldn't want anyone, straight or gay, to grope my son. Do you think gay men would like doing that WC?

jack sommerset
11-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow, way to play to the lowest common denominator.

I wouldn't want anyone, straight or gay, to grope my son. Do you think gay men would like doing that WC?

:lol

boutons_deux
11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
TSA At The 'Tipping Point': Passenger Anger At Airport Pat-Downs Threatens To Boil Over

How did an agency created to protect the public become the target of so much public scorn?

After nine years of funneling travelers into ever longer lines with orders to have shoes off, sippy cups empty and laptops out for inspection, the most surprising thing about increasingly heated frustration with the federal Transportation Security Administration may be that it took so long to boil over.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/21/tsa-pat-downs-passenger-anger_n_786493.html?view=print

========

It took so long to boil over because Americans are dumbed-down, TV-watching, passive sheeple.

Spurminator
11-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Barry supports the groping.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/20/obama.tsa/index.html?hpt=T2

I'll repost someone else's comment from Reddit on this topic...

He's taking the safe route just like W. did. There's no evidence that these scanners and patdowns help anything and they are clear violations of personal freedom. However, if he states that and eliminates them, and then someone actually succeeds in blowing up a plane on Christmas, that becomes his next opponents rallying cry for the next election: "Obama doesn't care about national security and he enabled the greatest American tragedy since 9/11."

In a cost-benefit analysis, it is politically safer for him to just allow this crap to go on so in case something does happen he can say that they were doing everything possible to prevent it. Anti-terrorism is currently a more valuable political position than pro-personal freedoms. That's why the terrorists won.

z0sa
11-22-2010, 08:31 AM
It saddens me deeply to think the terrorists may very well have 'won' on 9/11, at least to this point. They killed thousands that day, 2 gargantuan wars erupted because of it and many more thousands have died since, and our most personal liberties have been taken away in those terrorists' names.

boutons_deux
11-22-2010, 09:28 AM
There is no doubt that OBL has won the terrorism war with a much less than $1M spent on 9/11 attack.

America has greatly assisted a hugely amused OBL by shooting itself in the foot and degrading The Mythical American Dream, with the predatory corps pocketing $Bs in defense and security projects that give very little, if any, return as increased security.

ElNono
11-22-2010, 09:46 AM
They have always treated passengers like cattle. At least we used to be happy cows and bulls.

Not always. It used to be enjoyable to travel.
Heck, even at the point where it stopped being enjoyable, at least it was convenient.

At this point, a 4 hour flight has turned into a 7-8 hour ordeal in which travelers are presumed to be and treated like the worst scum in the world under the guise of their own safety. Pathetic, really.

And I absolutely agree that politicians won't give a shit unless there's some kind of popular backslash. As I said earlier, this is a byproduct of the fear of being labeled 'soft on terror'. They're going to push until people push back.

boutons_deux
11-22-2010, 09:56 AM
If there was ever a case for non-violent civil disobedience, this is one.

I'm flying 23 and 28 Dec. Not looking forward to it. I'll refuse to be scanned and will have a prepared running commentary to dump on the old, fat faggot groping my balls.

Taiwanese Animation: TSA’s Enhanced Security Spurs US ‘Airport Rage’

http://www.breitbart.tv/taiwanese-animation-tsas-enhanced-security-spurs-us-airport-rage/

the one with the terrorist watching TV and laughing is the very probably close to the truth.

boutons_deux
11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
ABC producer says TSA agent felt inside her underwear

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/abc-producer-tsa-patdown-worse-gynecologist/

desflood
11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
From the link boutons provided:

XSQTz1bccL4

Shame on the TSA agents for searching a five-year-old in such a manner - more shame on the father for allowing it.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
People just need to get upset about this shit. Its ridiculous.

JudynTX
11-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know if the TSA workers themselves get scanned each and every day they go to work? :wakeup

LnGrrrR
11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I'll repost someone else's comment from Reddit on this topic...

I'm not sure if Obama is a coward, or he loves executive power, or both. Probably a mixture.

desflood
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Here's a pilot's take on his first encounter with the new TSA procedures.

http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-pipe/showthread.php?39523-Well-today-was-the-day

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure if Obama is a coward, or he loves executive power, or both. Probably a mixture.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he's a coward but the next bold move Obama makes will be the first.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Here's a pilot's take on his first encounter with the new TSA procedures.

http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-pipe/showthread.php?39523-Well-today-was-the-day

Does anyone realize how ridiculous this is? The man is IN CONTROL OF THE AIRPLANE and they're worried about him smuggling in a bomb?

The TSA is so fucking ridiculous.

desflood
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
You can bet your ass that if it was one of his daughters being groped by strangers before they could get on a plane Barack would make a move real fast.

Or maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he's one of those parents willing to sacrifice his children's dignity and future freedom for what he'd call "the greater good".

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I'll take the pat down. I wonder if I can get in trouble for making it as uncomfortable for them as possible. I swear if I could I'd fart right when that guy/girl had their hand in between my legs.

Oops.

LnGrrrR
11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
You can bet your ass that if it was one of his daughters being groped by strangers before they could get on a plane Barack would make a move real fast.

Or maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he's one of those parents willing to sacrifice his children's dignity and future freedom for what he'd call "the greater good".

To be fair desflood, some parents don't have choices. Heck, I live in Hawaii, and my family is in New Hampshire, and my wife's family is in San Antonio. It's not like driving is a realistic option for us.

desflood
11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
To be fair desflood, some parents don't have choices. Heck, I live in Hawaii, and my family is in New Hampshire, and my wife's family is in San Antonio. It's not like driving is a realistic option for us.
Hey, I get that. We're a military family too - I understand that sometimes you're required to live in places that just can't be driven to. I just wish that more people with the choice made a different one. My family is sad that they won't be able to see my daughter when I go up, but they understand and support my decision not to take her. When I canceled her ticket I made it very clear to the ticketing agency and both airlines we're traveling exactly why I was doing so - and while I have to go, I will also be opting for the pat-down over the scanner, and plan on being as obnoxious and snarky about it as possible (while simultaneously making sure I never actually get close to being arrested :lol).

boutons_deux
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
There's clearly a damndd-if-you-do or don't

If there ever were another high jacking from a US airport and TSA was not using scanners and crotch/breast/ass fondling (cavity probing up next), then they'd be condemned.

While using the scanners and fondling gets them condemned for harassment and privacy intrusion.

Of course, TSA are a bunch loser robots incapable making judgement or cost/benefit analyses.

Like any organization, including the Catholic Church, the TSA is TSA's number one priority. No matter what it costs to citizens, TSA is always more important.

RapeScan and Chertoff certainly fear-mongered their way into 10 of $Ms of taxapayer money, and taxpayers get screwed again.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Not always. It used to be enjoyable to travel.
Heck, even at the point where it stopped being enjoyable, at least it was convenient.

At this point, a 4 hour flight has turned into a 7-8 hour ordeal in which travelers are presumed to be and treated like the worst scum in the world under the guise of their own safety. Pathetic, really.

And I absolutely agree that politicians won't give a shit unless there's some kind of popular backslash. As I said earlier, this is a byproduct of the fear of being labeled 'soft on terror'. They're going to push until people push back.
I think we agree here. I always thought they went overboard with many of the procedures implemented after 9/11. This however, is absolutely crossing lines unnecessarily.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
If there was ever a case for non-violent civil disobedience, this is one.

I'm flying 23 and 28 Dec. Not looking forward to it. I'll refuse to be scanned and will have a prepared running commentary to dump on the old, fat faggot groping my balls.

Taiwanese Animation: TSA’s Enhanced Security Spurs US ‘Airport Rage’

http://www.breitbart.tv/taiwanese-animation-tsas-enhanced-security-spurs-us-airport-rage/

the one with the terrorist watching TV and laughing is the very probably close to the truth.
Just tell them you heard the new TSA slogan. "We handle more packages than UPS."

Wild Cobra
11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Does anyone realize how ridiculous this is? The man is IN CONTROL OF THE AIRPLANE and they're worried about him smuggling in a bomb?

The TSA is so fucking ridiculous.
No shit. I mentioned that elsewhere this morning I think. Maybe yesterday. The real concern is using a plane as a missile again, and no screening is going to stop a rough pilot from doing that.

ElNono
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Just heard on ABCNews a poll that 50% of Americans are ok with the 'enhanced patdowns' and 54% of frequent travelers are ok with it too...

I can't believe those numbers are real...

baseline bum
11-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Just heard on ABCNews a poll that 50% of Americans are ok with the 'enhanced patdowns' and 54% of frequent travelers are ok with it too...

Quotes from the AP's article TSA chief warns against boycott of airport scans
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101123/ap_on_bi_ge/us_airport_security

"Whatever keeps the country safe, I just don't have a problem with," Leah Martin, 50, of Houston, said as she waited to go through security at the Atlanta airport.

:bang

At Chicago's O'Hare Airport, Gehno Sanchez, a 38-year-old from San Francisco who works in marketing, said he doesn't mind the full-body scans. "I mean, they may make you feel like a criminal for a minute, but I'd rather do that than someone touching me," he said.

:lol

Why does it surprise you? Americans were just fine with Bush trampling all over their civil liberties when they were scared. Why would it be any different under Obama?

z0sa
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm not fine with it. I'm flying with family in early december and will submit to the scanners if necessary to save time. However, I'm flying with a few buds to LV in February and I intend to make my voice heard then.

diego
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM

to be fair, if done well its not that outrageous- many jobs/places require it and, done well, it accomplishes its purpose without humiliating people. A big part of the problem is the way its done- like searching kids, the ill, the elderly, etc etc. It seems they're doing it to a lot of people and instead of using discretion, they are purposely being as obtuse and obnoxious about it as possible. I should say i barely fly now and am getting the bulk of my information through this thread, but I think this could have been done better and maybe you'd see 80-90% approval- nobody wants to be thinking they're going to die thousands of feet in the air.

on the other hand, there are the ethical and practical limitations. I have to say, from here it appears that it took American prudiness to draw a reaction (the Patriot Act had vocal critics but not nearly enough). and I think boutons is right that this is just a company lobbying its way to a market for its product and a nice juicy contract. If there was a real freedom loving capitalist society, wouldn't it just let the market decide and offer both types of flights, "super safe" and "standard safe"? As it is, its resources you dont have being poorly spent, and curiously enough the owner of the company sells the equipment to the agency he used to work for. Does it get any more obvious? even cereal box contests have rules against that.

Das Texan
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
What are civil liberties again?

boutons_deux
11-22-2010, 08:13 PM
"50% of Americans are ok with the 'enhanced patdowns' "

A poll last week found that 50% of Americans d0n't know that the Repugs won the House.

Americans are ignorant TV-watching idiots, just exactly the way the corps like them.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2010, 09:02 PM

I agree with you. Since the procedure is new, I'll bet most the 54% haven't seen or been screened that way yet.

Spurminator
11-22-2010, 09:11 PM
I think it's pretty damned selfish to say you're okay with something that HALF of America finds invasive.

You know, I'm not personally embarrassed by the thought of someone seeing me naked or giving me a pat-down either, but I'm offended on behalf of those who are.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
I think it's pretty damned selfish to say you're okay with something that HALF of America finds invasive.

You know, I'm not personally embarrassed by the thought of someone seeing me naked or giving me a pat-down either, but I'm offended on behalf of those who are.
No shit. I'm with you. I've visited nude beaches in my birthday suit, and am not embarrassed for myself either. It is simply not right to do what they are doing.

boutons_deux
11-22-2010, 09:51 PM
they'll produce more cancer in Americans than they will catch terrorists.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/ucsf-jph-letter.pdf

Stringer_Bell
11-23-2010, 05:38 AM

What makes being "naked" in an X-ray machine or searched different than being told you can't marry the person you want to, have a doctor kill you peacefully because your health makes you want to die, need medical treatments or procedures but don't have insurance to pay for the cost? The TSA is not offensive to life, it's hardly a cause for all to unite in empathy. I feel worse for the people that will never have a chance to fly at all because they don't have the money, have a health condition, or get put on a no-fly list because of some mistaken identity shit.

In short, big fucking deal. The only thing that concerns me is the radiation, but you get plenty of radiation when flying so mehhh.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2010, 05:57 AM
You have a choice between being unreasonably searched or unreasonably siezed.

If you don't wanna submit, rent a car. Wait, you can't rent a car without a credit card? Where's the ACLU?

boutons_deux
11-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Body scanner makers doubled lobbying cash over 5 years

Not only have they increased their lobbying efforts over the last 5 years, they're doing it with some very familiar names.

USA Today reports that the companies with the biggest government contracts for body-scanners doubled their lobbying cash over the last five years, and advanced their agenda with lobbyists Linda Daschle, a former FAA official and wife of former Senate majority leader Tom Daschle, and former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff.

"Many travelers said that the scans and the pat-down were not much of an inconvenience, and that the stepped-up measures made them feel safer and were, in any case, unavoidable."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/report-body-scanner-makers-doubled-lobbying-cash-5-years/

============

The fat, self-diseased, ignorant, sleep-walking American sheeple have spoken.

ElNono
11-23-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm flying in 3 weeks and I'm taking the scanner. I guess if radiation is an issue, there will be a class-action at some point, earning me $15 in settlement money. Plus a third eye might come handy at some point...

Spurminator
11-23-2010, 10:20 AM
What makes being "naked" in an X-ray machine or searched different than being told you can't marry the person you want to, have a doctor kill you peacefully because your health makes you want to die, need medical treatments or procedures but don't have insurance to pay for the cost?

I feel worse for the people that will never have a chance to fly at all because they don't have the money, have a health condition, or get put on a no-fly list because of some mistaken identity shit.

In short, big fucking deal. The only thing that concerns me is the radiation, but you get plenty of radiation when flying so mehhh.

I didn't realize we had to choose which among those things to be offended by. Do I exceed my indignation limit if I don't like any of it?

Winehole23
11-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Pretty much. It's your choice.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/strip-search-with-a-difference-passenger-arrested-after-stripping-to-avoid-pat-down-20101122-183og.html

Wild Cobra
11-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm flying in 3 weeks and I'm taking the scanner. I guess if radiation is an issue, there will be a class-action at some point, earning me $15 in settlement money. Plus a third eye might come handy at some point...
My understanding is it takes that third eye away from you if you have one. Not give you one.

Slomo
11-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Not in any way constructive to the debate, but funny as hell.

http://media.fukung.net/images/34680/004d3161f2eb942b8d88d048eeada0ce.jpg

Winehole23
11-24-2010, 03:12 AM
http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment#799841/Perverts-Printed-Kid-s-Underclothes

boutons_deux
11-25-2010, 02:13 PM
domestic terrorism:

preventable/avoidable "98,000 deaths and more than one million injuries a year in the United States."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/25/health/research/25patient.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

OBL would love to claim those stats.

Wild Cobra
11-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I think it was Neal Boortz who joked about just having chambers that one person at a time goes through. If there are any explosives with you, they explode.

LnGrrrR
11-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Not in any way constructive to the debate, but funny as hell.

http://media.fukung.net/images/34680/004d3161f2eb942b8d88d048eeada0ce.jpg

Damn, the Statue of Liberty is a lot hotter than I would have expected.

boutons_deux
11-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Damn, the Statue of Liberty is a lot hotter than I would have expected.

French women aren't as fat as American women.

boutons_deux
05-14-2012, 05:29 AM
TSA flags 18-month-old baby as terrorist, forces family to disembark plane

Bumbling TSA agents at the Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., airport recently pulled an 18-month old girl, named Riyanna, and her parents off of a JetBlue flight as they tried to head home to New Jersey because - get this - the toddler appeared on the terrorist suspect "no-fly" list.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035856_TSA_terrorism_babies.html

America is fucked, insane, and unfuckable.

Winehole23
09-01-2012, 06:41 AM
another good one:
A federal officer was watching passengers at Sacramento International Airport on Wednesday when one caught his eye.

A young man in line, unshaven and carrying a backpack, apparently looked suspicious.

The officer was not a typical Transportation Security Administration screener. He was a specially trained Behavior Detection Officer. BDOs work in the agency's Screening of Passengers by Observation Techniques program (SPOT) and are trained to study a person's face and body language for hints of his mental state.

They roam all parts of the airport, including curbside.

"Officers are screening travelers for involuntary physical and physiological reactions that people exhibit in response to a fear of being discovered," the TSA says on its website.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/08/31/164552/roaming-airport-screeners-look.html#storylink=cpy

Agloco
09-01-2012, 03:45 PM

What if you crap out and get a third testicle instead? :lol