PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question : Prime Pippen or Prime Lebron

Red Hawk #21
11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
If you were starting a basketball team, which player would you go with? I'll keep my opinion out of this because I want to see what other posters think first. I think it's tough because Lebron is still in his prime right now, and he will only get better. And Pippen played in a more physical but less talented (?) era. When it comes to pure strength and athletic ability Lebron takes that easily. When it comes to fundamentals and defense, I'd go with Pippen in a heartbeat. What do you guys think?

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Starting a franchise? Lol

I'm a big fan of Pippen's game but he was not the kind of player you can build a franchise around.

redzero
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
LeBron because he is clearly a better player than Pippen ever was.

nkdlunch
11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't remember Pippen quittin on a team or quittin on a series. So A, Pippen.

hitmanyr2k
11-15-2010, 03:15 PM
One thing Pippen and Lebron had in common was they both never had a legit all-star/superstar teammate when they had to lead their teams.

As for the question it depends on the personnel and style of team. Lebron is more ball dominant. Pippen is more of a system (triangle) guy. I don't believe in the media fabricated winning as the "main guy" garbage. There's no such thing as a franchise player because without legit help around him he's nothing but a loser putting up pretty numbers. That goes for Jordan without Pippen, Kobe without Gasol, Lebron the last two years, etc.

BanditHiro
11-15-2010, 03:16 PM
The better comparison is Kobe or pippen

lefty
11-15-2010, 03:16 PM
LePip

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't remember Pippen quittin on a team or quittin on a series. So A, Pippen.

Then you obviously don't remember 1994 playoffs against the Knicks when Pip refused to go back into the game at the end when Phil drew up a play for Toni Kukoc to take the last shot (one that he hit btw).

Tisk tisk Spurs fan.

nkdlunch
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Then you obviously don't remember 1994 playoffs against the Knicks when Pip refused to go back into the game at the end when Phil drew up a play for Toni Kukoc to take the last shot (one that he hit btw).

Tisk tisk Spurs fan.

I clearly said a "team" or a "series"

but you're a lakerfan I don't expect much from you.

hitmanyr2k
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM

Tisk tisk Spurs fan.

:lol In Scottie's defense, 1.8 seconds is not as bad as a whole game or an entire 2nd half (Kobe 2006)

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I clearly said a "team" or a "series"

but you're a lakerfan I don't expect much from you.

Refusing to play for your "team" is quitting you twit.

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Better just to man up and say "I was 2 years old when that happened so I just didn't know" rather than act like it didn't happen.

Duncan tots are the funniest. They think the NBA started in 1997.

nkdlunch
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Refusing to play for your "team" is quitting you twit.

you obviously knew what I meant, oh wait, maybe you didn't, you must be that retarded.

Quit as in going to another team. :toast

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
you obviously knew what I meant, oh wait, maybe you didn't, you must be that retarded.

Quit as in going to another team. :toast

Oh so Scottie only played for one team?

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Better just to man up and say "I was 2 years old when that happened so I just didn't know" rather than act like it didn't happen.

Duncan tots are the funniest. They think the NBA started in 1997.

Just like you think the NBA re-started in 08 after years of non existence.

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Just like you think the NBA re-started in 08 after years of non existence.

Sup stalker.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Sup stalker.

You should post that definition again, followed by another disappearing act.

Was that the thread you called me an all talk pussy, offered me the asylum address, then refused to post it because you're an all-talk pussy?

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
the definition can be found all over the internet.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
the definition can be found all over the internet.

The definition you previously posted proved I am not a stalker.

Post it again, or are you too much of an all-talk vagina?

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Tap that ass, 2b.

:lmao

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Tap that ass, 2b.

:lmao

I guess you missed that thread. Let's just say that ass got tapped alright, so bad 2b disappeared a la Kobe in a Game 7 against the Suns.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 03:50 PM
I guess you missed that thread. Let's just say that ass got tapped alright, so bad 2b disappeared a la Kobe in a Game 7 against the Suns.

But, with jacks & timbers Bryant started back down,,,,4 & 5 soon followed, daddy-O.

Hey, your Duncan has 4.

history2b
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
The definition you previously posted proved I am not a stalker.

Post it again, or are you too much of an all-talk vagina?

Proved? lol.

The legal definition in the State of Texas would prove otherwise. Don't be afraid to look it up and perhaps you'll learn that you cannot rely on internet message board postings for your "proof" of anything.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Proved? lol.

The legal definition in the State of Texas would prove otherwise. Don't be afraid to look it up and perhaps you'll learn that you cannot rely on internet message board postings for your "proof" of anything.

No, it wouldn't. You are a liar, and also extremely butthurt.

Pretty funny combination.

You can post that definition you used over and over before, but you are obviously too afraid of what will happen if you do it again.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey, Z, you could always try and lure 2b into a fight. You Spurs guys always try that stunt once you start gettin' your caca messed up.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey, Z, you could always try and lure 2b into a fight. You Spurs guys always try that stunt once you start gettin' your caca messed up.

Actually, the opposite occurred. He called me an "all talk pussy" and offered to post his address.

LnGrrrR
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Lebron.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Actually, the opposite occurred. He called me an "all talk pussy" and offered to post his address.

Don't be obtuse, Z. As soon as you can't bully somebody to the door you try and incite to violence. Then once you succeed you run and tell Kori and she eradicates the offender and you lay your head to rest.

You tried that shit with me. Frankly? Everybody trys that shit with me.:lmao

z0sa
11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
feigning persecution that doesn't exist is below ya, G.

history2b
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM

That's because you are.

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
feigning persecution that doesn't exist is below ya, G.

I apologize, Z.

Let me clarify here:::you didn't do that with me, Z, but, some of your people did. I would never fall for it, because I know the drill, but, for some unsuspecting fellow it's grossly unjust to attempt such an act.

z0sa
11-15-2010, 04:28 PM
That's because you are.

I guess this means I've been taken to the tree of woe.

tbonewalker
11-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Lebron by default because Pippen isn't a franchise guy. He's a Pau Gasol; needs a Batman to get the job done.

So far Lebron hasn't shown he can be the Batman and get the job done, but I'd choose him over Pip.

DAF86
11-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Easy answer: Lebron.

tbonewalker
11-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Easy answer: Lebron.

Goodness, I know it's off topic, but the video in your signature is horrific. :bang

DAF86
11-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Goodness, I know it's off topic, but the video in your signature is horrific. :bang

Yes, it is.

Gutter92
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I guess this means I've been taken to the tree of woe.

Kicking and screaming, like Bryant to his first championship.

hitmanyr2k
11-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Lebron by default because Pippen isn't a franchise guy. He's a Pau Gasol; needs a Batman to get the job done.

So far Lebron hasn't shown he can be the Batman and get the job done, but I'd choose him over Pip.

There's no such thing as a "franchise guy" or "sidekick" man. You either have adequate help (another superstar/all-star or two) beside you or you don't. Seriously, take the "sidekick" away from the "franchise guy" and what does the "franchise guy" become? He becomes a guy who puts up pretty numbers in the regular season, probably guides his team to 50-55 wins and will be ousted in the playoffs in the first or second round by a better team. The "sidekick" can pretty much do the same thing as the "franchise guy" when separated. Ultimately, Jordan without Pippen is losing. Kobe without Shaq/Gasol is losing. Lebron without....well, he hasn't had anything worthy of a true all-star during his career to even mention but you get the idea.

In summary when it comes to the ultimate goal of winning a championship the "franchise guy" is jack shit without the "sidekick" and vice versa. It's worthless to give them labels. The only players I've ever seen win it all without legit all-star help is Hakeem in '94 and Duncan in '03.