PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs Win 70 + 16

BanditHiro
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM
It looks like most of the time the spurs are just cruising through wins not having a set rotation and just experimenting most of the time. Sometimes Neal plays sometimes he doesn't, Splitter plays 5 minutes a game, Tim Duncan sits out most of the 2nd half. So my question is once the spurs begin to take the regular season a little more serious (after getting a good rotation) can they win 70 + 16 games??

PS:Kobe is a rapist

PPS:Gary Neal is not

PPPS: RJ wins most improved

Final Though: :flag:

Giuseppe
11-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Woe be to you if you don't, daddy-O.

Blake
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
I can't see how they can lose more than 12 games.

#41 Shoot Em Up
11-15-2010, 06:15 PM
It looks like most of the time the spurs are just cruising through wins not having a set rotation and just experimenting most of the time. Sometimes Neal plays sometimes he doesn't, Splitter plays 5 minutes a game, Tim Duncan sits out most of the 2nd half. So my question is once the spurs begin to take the regular season a little more serious (after getting a good rotation) can they win 70 + 16 games??

no

Koolaid_Man
11-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Answer:
Is your asshole the size of a silver dollar?

TheNextGen
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
i dont think the Spurs can win 70 games, but the Hornets just might do it.

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
As a Spurs fan, I'll bet the OP $1,000 that the spurs win less than 70 games this season. Would you take me up on that bet? I'll even give you 4:1.

Short answer - no we're not winning 70 games. Stop making useless threads hoping for over the top delusions.

Xylus
11-15-2010, 06:41 PM
This is a stupid fucking thread.

The San Antonio Spurs have no chance of winning 70 games. It takes a truly special kind of team to pull it off, and the 2010-2011 Spurs aren't that team. Neither are the Hornets.

To Hell with these 70-win threads, seriously.

Pelicans78
11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Of course the Hornets aren't going to win 70 games.

They'll win 80.

DJB
11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Don't ever post a thread like this in the NBA forum again.

BanditHiro
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
This is a stupid fucking thread.

The San Antonio Spurs have no chance of winning 70 games. It takes a truly special kind of team to pull it off, and the 2010-2011 Spurs aren't that team. Neither are the Hornets.

To Hell with these 70-win threads, seriously.

why aren't they special?

TimmehC
11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Look, I might be drinking the Kool-Aid, but I'm not on crack. 60 wins is probably our regular season ceiling, no matter how good we've looked so far.

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Right now, the spurs are aiming to be a 55 win team and will probably end up 45-55. The Lakers/Hornets/Celtics have a chance to be a 60 win team. Miami will probably end up 50-60.

No team in the NBA has shown "70 win"-level dominance so far. Not the hornets, not the lakers, not the celtics, and certainly not the spurs.

BanditHiro
11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Look, I might be drinking the Kool-Aid, but I'm not on crack. 60 wins is probably our regular season ceiling, no matter how good we've looked so far.

i think we will win around 60 too i just wanted to ask the question if they had a good chance or not of winning 70 considering we haven't really peaked yet. (that is not to say our peak would be any different than how we are now but i just have a hard time believing that our defense will not improve especially considering the halftime adjustment we made after giving up 65+ to the thunder in the first half.)

and why is everybody putting tons of stock on the hornets?

history2b
11-15-2010, 07:02 PM

Of course they can win 70 games... maybe even 75.

Either way they will go 16-0 in the playoffs because they are that good.

Koolaid_Man
11-15-2010, 07:03 PM

thank you I appreciate your support...:lol any time you wanna drink me just open wide...I'll be pissing from the 2nd floor balcony...:lol

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 07:06 PM
i think we will win around 60 too i just wanted to ask the question if they had a good chance or not of winning 70 considering we haven't really peaked yet. (that is not to say our peak would be any different than how we are now but i just have a hard time believing that our defense will not improve especially considering the halftime adjustment we made after giving up 65+ to the thunder in the first half.)

and why is everybody putting tons of stock on the hornets?

Because they actually bother to scope out the competition by watching NBA games that don't always involve their own favorite team (Spurs).

The Hornets are a better defensive team than the Spurs at the moment. It's blatantly obvious to anybody who watches their games, and it's also supported by the actual numbers.

The Spurs rank 5th on offense, and 8th in defense (based on points per 100 possessions). The Hornets rank 7th on offense (almost as good), but 1st in defense. I'll take consistent defense over offense any day of the week.

This is the same reason why Boston is playing better than the Spurs at the moment and why Boston has a better chance of reaching 60 wins.

If spurs can play 2nd half-level defense (from the game last night in OKC) then they have a strong chance of being a 60 win team, but there's no indication that this will actually happen. It's just wishful thinking at the moment.

To even be thinking 70 wins, you must be bat shit out of your mind. Either that or you don't have the slightest clue as to just how good a team has to be to even be considered in the 70 win+ "potential" category.

timtonymanu
11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Where did this thread come from?

The OP is always crying game over every time the Spurs are losing games.

jestersmash
11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
The spurs are on the level of the mavericks right now. The mavericks have better defense and worse offense. Both will make the playoffs, neither is even remotely capable of winning 70.

BanditHiro
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Where did this thread come from?

The OP is always crying game over every time the Spurs are losing games.

lol damn you notice most of those post are from frustration (probably a hang-over from the cowboys season) but i actually don't mean most of what i write during the game...i think i should have written the OP a little bit more serious instead of trying to assume the persona of typical condescending laker fan who acts like their team is cruising through the season.

but i digress, i really wanted to know what you all thought of the spurs chances of winning 70 games, troll and snobs a like.

Cry Havoc
11-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Lol @ people answering this thread seriously.