PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
This album is fucking epic. Kanye haters can eat a dick. That is all.

IronMexican
11-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Waka Flocka Flame is better.

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Waka Flocka Flame is better.

eat a 12 year old dick, pipster.

silverblk mystix
11-15-2010, 07:10 PM
It's epic alright.

Epic fuckin' garbage.

Sad state of the world when this garbage is considered music.

Xylus
11-15-2010, 07:11 PM
I'ma need to see your fuckin hands at the concert
I'ma need to see your fuckin hands at the concert

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:11 PM
It's epic alright.

Epic fuckin' garbage.

Sad state of the world when this garbage is considered music.

lol the fact that you posted this only confirms the musical genius Kanye just produced. you're easily the dumbest, least respected person on this site, and possibly the entire internet :lmao.

oh, and eat a dick.

silverblk mystix
11-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Musical genius.

Gee, that is some accomplished shit there.

Here is how hard it is;

Push a button for a canned garbage can beat....ok....now I am gonna curse over that beat....ok...

now I am gonna ...wait...get this...

I am gonna.....repeat...over and over...

:lmao:lmao:lmao

pick up a fuckin instrument.....learn to play it proficiently...

then come talk to me about musical genius....

GARBAGE.

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Musical genius.

Here is how hard it is;

Push a button for a canned garbage can beat....ok....now I am gonna curse over that beat....ok...

GARBAGE.

just keep confirming Kanye's genius, brah. tbh you'd do better for your argument if you'd go the opposite of how you feel. because nobody on earth respects your opinion except for asshole cops who think they're above the law :lmao

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Musical genius.

Here is how hard it is;

GARBAGE.

just keep confirming Kanye's genius, brah. tbh you'd do better for your argument if you'd go the opposite of how you feel. because nobody on earth respects your opinion except for asshole cops who think they're above the law :lmao

silverblk mystix
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
:lmaoWhat is funny is how -non talented people who don't know how to play music can think they know what a musical genius is...:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
:lmaoWhat is funny is how -non talented people who don't know how to play music can think they know what a musical genius is...:lmao:lmao

every time you post i win a little more :lmao

silverblk mystix
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
You win Dik. Congratulations....

Kanye West...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lm ao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lm ao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lm ao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:20 PM
You win Dik.

i know :lol

silverblk mystix
11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
oh yeah...I almost forgot...

you probably spent money buying Kanye's garbage....:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

what a SAP!

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
oh yeah...I almost forgot...

you probably spent money buying Kanye's garbage....:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

what a SAP!

it hasn't even come out yet, so that's impossible.

but thanks for confirming how right i am yet again! :toast

CubanSucks
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Musical genius.

Here is how hard it is;

GARBAGE.

:tu

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM

:lmao double confirmation

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
all we need is for Alvarez6 and z0sa to post how much they hate Kanye west, and it will be confirmed beyond all doubt.

IronMexican
11-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I actually haven't listened to it. With all the praise it's getting, I'll likely eat the bullet, though I'm not much of a rap junkie. Is the explicit version leaked yet?

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
tbh if redzero and IronCoconut hate it, that will truly cement it's status.

monosylab1k
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
conversely, if they both like it, that will also cement it's status. odd how that works both ways for them.

silverblk mystix
11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I actually haven't listened to it. With all the praise it's getting, I'll likely eat the bullet, though I'm not much of a rap junkie. Is the explicit version leaked yet?

when you have no actual talent...just curse a lot more and all those idiotic non-musical people will be impressed...
:lmao

impressed enough to buy your shit and also impressed enough to go on an internet forum and help to promote your garbage...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

saps!

how fuckin gullible and stupid do you have to be to pimp a hack like Kanye?:lmao:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Please, son. I'm not crazy about rap, but some of it is good.

Entroducing is one of my favorite LP's I've head. And speaking of sampling, everyone is jacking off to the new Girl Talk.

CubanSucks
11-15-2010, 07:52 PM
when you have no actual talent...just curse a lot more and all those idiotic non-musical people will be impressed...

impressed enough to buy your shit and also impressed enough to go on an internet forum and help to promote your garbage...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

saps!

how fuckin gullible and stupid do you have to be to pimp a hack like Kanye?:lmao:lmao:lmao

:tu again

IronMexican
11-15-2010, 07:54 PM
listenan.

IronMexican
11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Kings of Leon reference? I feel dirty all over.

IronMexican
11-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Love Power. Loved it since I first heard it months back, though. This album is a keeper, even if I don't like any other track simply for this. It's good so far, though, only three tracks in.

Medvedenko
11-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Shit Mono, you're absolutely right. Ye's lastest is amazing, just like 808 Heartbreak, which is the best hip hop album in the last 5 years.

Haters will hate, and good fridays he's releasing weekly have been amazing with the quality. Kid Cudi, Ye, Pusha T, Big Sean and JayZ regulating as usual.

redzero
11-15-2010, 11:34 PM
>Kanye West

Trill Clinton
11-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Album of the year by far:toast

champagne wishes, 30 white bitches

Trill Clinton
11-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Musical genius.

Here is how hard it is;

I am gonna.....repeat...over and over...:lmao:lmao:lmao

GARBAGE.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/Quatsch1/u_mad.gif

dirk4mvp
11-16-2010, 12:35 AM
best rap album in a while

tbh either of the twin douche hipsters not liking it is a shame since all of /mu/ has been jacking off over it since the explicit version came out.

IronMexican
11-16-2010, 12:37 AM
It's good, but not something I plan on going out of my way to listening, breh.

And /mu/ has been un-viewable since this has leaked. I can't spend more than 5 minutes there now.

dirk4mvp
11-16-2010, 12:38 AM
:lmao double confirmation

rofl so true

cubansucks is like joechalupa jr. in training.

also his post about Time changing his life and the way he looked at it is one of the gayest post in internet history.

dirk4mvp
11-16-2010, 12:39 AM

And /mu/ has been un-viewable since this has leaked. I can't spend more than 5 minutes there now.
>mad you and /mu/ finally don't agree on something

IronMexican
11-16-2010, 12:41 AM
/mu/ likes Eliot Smith. I still don't. Said same thing aboot Shoegaze and AnCo, though.

Purposely misspelled his name, cause shitty thing.

redzero
11-16-2010, 12:42 AM

I have barely been on /mu/. When new albums are released, /mu/ is flooded with the same topic over and over again.

Hipster
11-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I have barely been on /mu/. When new albums are released, /mu/ is flooded with the same topic over and over again.

Yeah tell me about it. I got so off-put by all the Kanye garbage that I lost the will to be cool and barely had enough energy to lift my cigarette. And then I spilled organic hummus on my favorite vest, which in some ways is a plus because the stain makes me look even more like a vagrant when I wear it.

z0sa
11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
all we need is for Alvarez6 and z0sa to post how much they hate Kanye west, and it will be confirmed beyond all doubt.

Actually, Kanye West is one of the hip hop artists I do like. I haven't heard this album though.

MI21
11-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Huge Kanye fan, his first 3 studio albums are some of my very favourites, but I'm just not feeling this one. Not enough Kanye, not enough rapping and I feel like it's coming off obscure for the sake of it.

MannyIsGod
11-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Pretty good - I'm a few songs in. :tu

austN Spur
11-16-2010, 09:54 PM
silverblack mystiq mono whatever your name is probably doesnt have brothers or family members you grew up in the same house with.

In my eclectic house I've heard everything. my younger brother listens to really heavy music like 36 crazy fists or something like that. my other younger brother is kinda like me when it comes to music. my Oldest brother is huge on pearl jam. my brother dane I remeber he came home from a 10000 mona lisa concert bleeding saying "thats the best concert ever." everyone would jam out to their music in their room at different times and hanging out I've heard all kinds of music that maybe I didnt like myself at Full Blast.

not to mention my dad outside listens to his tejano, nortenos and old rock music.

Its stupid silverblack mystiq to say that kanye sucks when he doesnt speak to you. I have to agree with others that this CD is a really good album. It stuck in my head lately. My Wife doesnt like it but this album doesnt really speak for ladies. her favorite song runaway Pusha T puts women in their place with his verse.

Several awesome beats on this album. thumbs up kanye to the

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM

LOL @ a Kanye fan!! :lol :lol

hahaha, what are you that 16 year old high school slut that buys tickets to go see Kanye simply because everyone else in your school filled with douche bags and retards is going???
:flag:

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Actually, Kanye West is one of the hip hop artists I do like. I haven't heard this album though.

Uh-oh, z0sa admitting to liking Kanye...

Whatever, enough of that gay shit.

I'm not usually a big fan of mainstream rap albums, but I might listen to a few songs from this album and see what I think. Seems like a few of you enjoy it.

austN Spur
11-16-2010, 10:13 PM
soon to be 30 year old kanye fan here. First night I listened to a kanye CD me and a girl were on the roof of my house on bandera road in 2004 smoking blunts and listening to his cd college dropout. we listened to the whole cd on the roof smoking 3 blunts and then after the cd we went inside to Fuck. that was a good night.

and since then i've been a kanye fan and always will be

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Just saw this quote from the Wiki page for this album:

"Well, first of all, if you look at all of Kanye West's output, he actually did a lot to bring back sampling and make it cool again, even though he's more of a mainstream artist...but his new album is strictly hard beats and rhyme. He's totally done with electro. You're gonna be surprised what you hear. ”
—DJ Premier, Amajanese.blogspot.com

That makes me want to give it a listen. Once I eventually do I'll be back with the verdict.

oh crap
11-16-2010, 10:28 PM
pretty nice but i feel like it's getting overhyped so could understand some thinking it's overrated. this is pretty dope but believe it or not still like his third outing, Graduation, better.

austN Spur
11-16-2010, 10:51 PM
pretty nice but i feel like it's getting overhyped so could understand some thinking it's overrated. this is pretty dope but believe it or not still like his third outing, Graduation, better.

when i was listening to this friday night i was thinking the same thing. but then again with song like, Everything I am and Good Morning thats hard to top in my opinion.

Medvedenko
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
So far the album reviews are coming through:
5/5 Rolling Stone
9/10 Spin

I'm sure there are more out there and the ones I read seem pretty positive, and quite surprising as Ye's the Kobe of Hip Hop.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Cottt damn all of the intros to the songs are fucking annoying as hell...really ruins the ability to play an album through and just relax and listen. I like a couple of the songs though, some are decent.

This album is alright, it's good compared to most mainstream rap albums, but it's not all that.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Huge Kanye fan, his first 3 studio albums are some of my very favourites, but I'm just not feeling this one. Not enough Kanye, not enough rapping and I feel like it's coming off obscure for the sake of it.
The bold is what I definitely agree with. It's a lot of stupid ass sounds and annoying shit, also nicki minaj has no place in a real rap song. But this is really why I'm not the biggest Kanye fan; he's not much of a rapper, more of an entertainer.

On this album, I'd say the song I feel the most is "Monster"...but only after sitting through the annoying ass intro and before nicki minaj opens her fat mouth.

Actually, shit this album is garbage. Only 2 songs on it that I'd consider listening to from time to time...like most mainstream rap albums.

KapitanTutan
11-17-2010, 07:05 AM
rappers suck.

how the fuck do you consider cursing while spitting 100words/minute a music?

lol

monosylab1k
11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
LOL @ a Kanye fan!! :lol :lol

hahaha, what are you that 16 year old high school slut that buys tickets to go see Kanye simply because everyone else in your school filled with douche bags and retards is going???
:flag:

lol bowl haircutted faggot

monosylab1k
11-17-2010, 10:42 AM

Graduation was badass too. It might be better.

If I was to rank his albums, at the moment it's

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Graduation
3. College Dropout
4. 808's & Heartbreak
5. Late Registration

all of them genius.

monosylab1k
11-17-2010, 10:43 AM
tbh if College Dropout didn't have so many annoying as fuck skits, it might be #1.

Phillip
11-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Graduation was badass too. It might be better.

If I was to rank his albums, at the moment it's

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Graduation
3. College Dropout
4. 808's & Heartbreak
5. Late Registration

all of them genius.

I need to check this out.

Whats funny is that even though Late Registration is probably his "worst" one, it's still a classic and I could listen to that bitch any time of day.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Graduation is still my favorite but this one is pretty good. Finished it this morning on the way in.

As for you idiots who think throwing together a beat is easy and all you have to do is hit a few buttons on a computer then curse over it....

Feel free to show us and make millions while doing it. I can pick up my guitar and play 3 fucking power chords over and over but that doesn't mean making a rock album is easy.

silverblk mystix
11-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Graduation is still my favorite but this one is pretty good. Finished it this morning on the way in.

As for you idiots who think throwing together a beat is easy and all you have to do is hit a few buttons on a computer then curse over it....

Feel free to show us and make millions while doing it. I can pick up my guitar and play 3 fucking power chords over and over but that doesn't mean making a rock album is easy.

You are really pretty fuckin clueless.

It IS that easy to push a button and curse over a beat.

The making money part is something completely different.

That is a whole other thread. If Kanye was able to make millions for the crap that he does-then he does have talent-but it is not musical talent.
Props to Kanye and any other person making millions in today's music/business world.

Now, a musical genius, that is presumably someone who has musical talent and can sing and/or play instruments proficiently, arrange, write,produce,etc...

If Kanye rates as a musical genius then-the fuckin sun is not hot.

The OP claims that Kanye is a musical genius. Please.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Kanye is brilliant musically. You're too stupid to see it but that surprises pretty much no one here.

I don't understand why making musical notes on a computer is any different than making them on some other instrument. You think its hard to make a fucking C chord on a guitar? You think its hard to hold down a few valves and blow air through a horn? You think its hard to sing on key?

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
You might as well tell people to get of your lawn you cranky old fuck. The only saving grace is that Alzheimer is right around the corner and then maybe you'll forget how to post.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 12:38 PM
There's computers and curse words! Damn Whippersnappers!

Phillip
11-17-2010, 12:45 PM
You are really pretty fuckin clueless.

It IS that easy to push a button and curse over a beat.

The making money part is something completely different.

That is a whole other thread. If Kanye was able to make millions for the crap that he does-then he does have talent-but it is not musical talent.
Props to Kanye and any other person making millions in today's music/business world.

Now, a musical genius, that is presumably someone who has musical talent and can sing and/or play instruments proficiently, arrange, write,produce,etc...

If Kanye rates as a musical genius then-the fuckin sun is not hot.

The OP claims that Kanye is a musical genius. Please.

Is playing Piano easy?

According to your dumbass logic, Beethoven and other historical masters of the Piano is not a musical genius because all they did was push buttons, and they didn't sing.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Which is ironic considering this motherfucker probably graduated from the police academy when Beethoven was alive.

silverblk mystix
11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Kanye is brilliant musically. You're too stupid to see it but that surprises pretty much no one here.

I don't understand why making musical notes on a computer is any different than making them on some other instrument. You think its hard to make a fucking C chord on a guitar? You think its hard to hold down a few valves and blow air through a horn? You think its hard to sing on key?

You said it yourself, you just don't understand why musical notes on a computer is any different than making them on any other instrument.

Thanks. That is exactly why you should shut your fuckin hole. You don't understand. So shut the fuck up until you do understand.

I will enlighten you here;

A computer has no musical notes. A computer has programs that someone else recorded...namely..other musicians...true musicians. These sounds were played on real musical instruments and put on a computer program for idiot poseurs like Kanye to be able to push a button and talk and curse over pre-programmed beats.

And then morons like you can listen to this garbage and extoll the virtues of a musical genius like Kanye...:lmao:lmao

Kanye could have learned to play an instrument but instead he learned to curse over a beat that someone else played and recorded...and he got rich because of saps like you...

So just shut the fuck up and discuss topics that you know something about. Please. For everyone's sake.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Add so more smilies. It makes your post better. No really.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 12:51 PM
How many instruments can you play, old man? I can play 4 and I can sing and I can tell you that using a computer to make beats is completely legit even if you can't understand it. The world has passed you by and it must suck.

silverblk mystix
11-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Is playing Piano easy?

According to your dumbass logic, Beethoven and other historical masters of the Piano is not a musical genius because all they did was push buttons, and they didn't sing.

Dumbfuk!

Beethoven played the actual piano and was a fuckin genius. He played the piano ---not the fuckin computer. Get it? He didn't go to a program or a recording of a piece of music that someone else played-and then put some trash over the top of it and claim to be a musician.

He learned and played the actual instrument. Did Kanye.???

Dumbasses here...I'm out...

silverblk mystix
11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
How many instruments can you play, old man? I can play 4 and I can sing and I can tell you that using a computer to make beats is completely legit even if you can't understand it. The world has passed you by and it must suck.

Oh I can play a bunch and recorded all of my album on my computer---except I used real instruments.

When I am home I might even post it here...but dumbfuks like you would love that--so maybe not...

DeadlyDynasty
11-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Dumbfuk!

Beethoven played the actual piano and was a fuckin genius. He played the piano ---not the fuckin computer. Get it? He didn't go to a program or a recording of a piece of music that someone else played-and then put some trash over the top of it and claim to be a musician.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/calm-down.jpg

Phillip
11-17-2010, 01:04 PM

You said it yourself, you just don't understand why musical notes on a computer is any different than making them on any other instrument.

Thanks. That is exactly why you should shut your fuckin hole. You don't understand. So shut the fuck up until you do understand.

I will enlighten you here;

A computer has no musical notes. A computer has programs that someone else recorded...namely..other musicians...true musicians. These sounds were played on real musical instruments and put on a computer program for idiot poseurs like Kanye to be able to push a button and talk and curse over pre-programmed beats.

And then morons like you can listen to this garbage and extoll the virtues of a musical genius like Kanye...:lmao:lmao

Kanye could have learned to play an instrument but instead he learned to curse over a beat that someone else played and recorded...and he got rich because of saps like you...

So just shut the fuck up and discuss topics that you know something about. Please. For everyone's sake.

Well how about I discuss this with you, because I actually have taken the time to learn to play several musical instruments over my years, including Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Percussion, Clarinet, and Trombone.

As someone with experiences of playing all such instruments over the years, I have also spent time with people who do hip-hop beats and have their own studio. Your allegation of guys like Kanye using "pre-programmed beats" is fucking retarded, because the beats obviously have to somehow be programmed at some point in time, which is what Kanye does. I have tried making my own hip hop beats, and its not as easy as you suggest to put together, and most of mine sounded like shit. According to you, I must be a true musician since I have taken the time to learn how to play various live instruments, and can do so quite well, however this "true musician" struggled at making hip-hop beats. So obviously simply being able to play musical instruments does not mean shit.

Just like for someone putting together an orchestral arrangement, you gotta have that balance and harmony of the various instruments, gotta have the right tempo, and a number of other factors to make sure that its a good blend.

At this point, I think it would be good for you to shut the fuck up and discuss topics that you know something about. Please. For everyones sake.

Phillip
11-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Dumbfuk!

still pushing buttons

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Old man has albums. LOL. You should let us hear them so we can decide if you're a musical genius or make fun of you for using what I'm already 100% sure is going to be some tired chord progression over and over and over again. Also, I can't wait to hear the lyrics.

Fermixalot
11-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Just like for someone putting together an orchestral arrangement, you gotta have that balance and harmony of the various instruments, gotta have the right tempo, and a number of other factors to make sure that its a good blend.

I'm not a big fan of Kanye, but he does make some ridiculously catchy music. He's damn good at what he does in the same way that 'true' musicians are great at producing other music.

and lol at trashing him for not being a 'real' musician, didn't that argument go out the window back in the 80s or something?

oh crap
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
blame game is my shit!

redzero
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
I caved in and listened to the album. I'll have to listen to it again to form an opinion.

Whoever thinks Kanye was trying too hard to be "different" needs to shut up. If this is "different," what is normal?

CubanSucks
11-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Is it possible

CubanSucks
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
for MannyIsGod

CubanSucks
to put all his thoughts

CubanSucks
on one post?

monosylab1k
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
now i've been listening to all of kanye's older shit too.

top 5 kanye songs

1. Street Lights
2. All Falls Down
3. Can't Tell Me Nothin
4. I Wonder
5. Runaway

YoungB
11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Got this CD downloaded, probably listen to it this weekend

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Feel free to show us and make millions while doing it.

Kanye's name means something. People would buy it just because Kanye made it.

Phillip
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM

His name means something because he has proven himself to be a damn good music artist.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
T-Pain is an extremely talented musician tbh, especially his voice...tbh it's one of the best in the entire music industry

Phillip
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
T-Pain is an extremely talented musician tbh, especially his voice...tbh it's one of the best in the entire music industry

lol argentina

lol smelly

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 04:59 PM

How did he get that name?

CuckingFunt
11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Kanye's name means something. People would download it for free just because Kanye made it.

Fixt.

silverblk mystix
11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Old man has albums. LOL. You should let us hear them so we can decide if you're a musical genius or make fun of you for using what I'm already 100% sure is going to be some tired chord progression over and over and over again. Also, I can't wait to hear the lyrics.

Oh sure, I will post mine right after you post yours.

And show me where I ever mentioned that I was a musical genius?

The point of this thread was that the OP claims Kanye is a musical genius. I disagree-but hey, to each his own.

FYI, I would not expect you to understand my music because it contains beautiful melodies (remember those?), intelligent lyrics, real instruments, and well crafted songs in general. Regardless, the only thing you would take any time to do is to try and knock them down, besides if you think Kanye is a musical genius-then there would be no point in listening to my music.

Oh, and by the way...do you ever attend the Spurs GTG'S???

...Because you seem like such a swell guy-that I would be really researching the GTG beforehand to see if you are attending...because, like I said....I am sure you are a swell guy and I would just love to meet you face to face....

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-17-2010, 06:24 PM
How did he get that name?

From producing big artist's music with Roc-a-Fella Records, and constantly causing controversy.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-17-2010, 06:25 PM
His name means something because he has proven himself to be a damn good music artist.

Yeah? So?

Ignignokt
11-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Man this thread was a good troll job.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 07:18 PM

The point of this thread was that the OP claims Kanye is a musical genius. I disagree-but hey, to each his own.

FYI, I would not expect you to understand my music because it contains beautiful melodies (remember those?), intelligent lyrics, real instruments, and well crafted songs in general. Regardless, the only thing you would take any time to do is to try and knock them down, besides if you think Kanye is a musical genius-then there would be no point in listening to my music.

...Because you seem like such a swell guy-that I would be really researching the GTG beforehand to see if you are attending...because, like I said....I am sure you are a swell guy and I would just love to meet you face to face....

And LOL @ your lame attempts to threaten me. When I lived in town I went to a lot of the GTGs and I talked just as much shit if not more back then. Your funny as shit, but if I'm in town I'll def go to a GTG and I'll even send you a PM so you can come meet me.

Your too funny old man.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Listening to weird monster noises is fun. Very easy on the listening ear I might add.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2010, 07:36 PM

And LOL @ your lame attempts to threaten me. When I lived in town I went to a lot of the GTGs and I talked just as much shit if not more back then. Your funny as shit, but if I'm in town I'll def go to a GTG and I'll even send you a PM so you can come meet me.

Your too funny old man.

:lol

Normally wouldn't point it out but twice....damn.

monosylab1k
11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
lol Alvarez loves his undergrad status.

silverblk mystix
11-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Your too funny old man.

Thanks,

I'll be looking for that PM...it would show a lot of character and guts if you really did give me a heads up...and I would show you some gratitude for it...really.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Fixt.

You're absolutely right, but I'll be buying Kanyes new album because he makes great music.

ALVAREZ6
11-17-2010, 08:45 PM
lol Alvarez loves his undergrad status.

is this an attempt to make me feel bad among all forum members because I'm in college???

:lmao :lmao :lmao

If so, huge failure. Being 21 and in college...I wouldn't have it any other way

MannyIsGod
11-17-2010, 09:02 PM
You're right bro. Thats some bad grammar from me in that post. But that you resorted to some lame grammar smack shows how butthurt you are from being trolled to shit in the post. I'm going to let it slide since I know this is a tough time for you.

Technique
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Just listened to his leaked album.

Beast album, definitely on par with Graduation.

Phillip
11-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Your too funny old man.

send us a pic of the old coot after you gave him an old fashioned ass whooping

mojorizen7
11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Is this a rip on rap thread?

JOIN

ALVAREZ6
11-19-2010, 12:10 PM
You're right bro. Thats some bad grammar from me in that post. But that you resorted to some lame grammar smack shows how butthurt you are from being trolled to shit in the post. I'm going to let it slide since I know this is a tough time for you.

Yeah super butthurt, and I thank you dearly for letting this one slide.

I don't know why, the your/you're common mistake is a pet peeve :married::ihit:married::ihit

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 12:37 PM
now i've been listening to all of kanye's older shit too.

top 5 kanye songs

1. Street Lights
2. All Falls Down
3. Can't Tell Me Nothin
4. I Wonder
5. Runaway

>spaceship

>not in the top 5

MannyIsGod
11-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Monster would be so fucking good but god damn it JayZ's verse just sucks balls.

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Monster would be so fucking good but god damn it JayZ's verse just sucks balls.

so true. that entire song is epic, but once jay-z comes on, I get the same reaction I got at any 2pac song whenever the Outlawz came on - I can't hit the skip button fast enough. Which is a shame because the Nicki Minaj verse is pretty damn good.

Jay-Z should have stayed retired, everything he's done since The Black Album is fucking awful.

rEgUlaToR!!!!!
11-19-2010, 04:57 PM

Roddy Beaubois
11-19-2010, 05:11 PM
whats up with the random mono Kanye knobslobbing tbh

Roddy Beaubois
11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
tbh I haven't had the time to really listen to this much but from what I've heard I need to soon. Listening to gorgeous right now and Im liking it.

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 05:19 PM

tbh the first time I heard this it was almost as glorious as seeing Dez Bryant catch passes in OTA's.

Roddy Beaubois
11-19-2010, 05:21 PM
tbh the first time I heard this it was almost as glorious as seeing Dez Bryant catch passes in OTA's.

tbh I busted a nut over his TD catch last week.

But it makes me :cry that DoK isn't here to jerk off over Gronks 3 TDs

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 05:22 PM
tbh I busted a nut over his TD catch last week.

But it makes me :cry that DoK isn't here to jerk off over Gronks 3 TDs

crofl I wish he was still here to see people try to chodebload him over Gronk playing like the biggest retard on earth against Cleveland, only to dickwhip the Steelers one week later.

silverblk mystix
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM

InRareForm
11-21-2010, 09:46 PM
8/10 album.

Venti Quattro
11-21-2010, 11:44 PM
8.5/10

Xylus
11-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I haven't heard the entire album yet, but I haven't heard a single song so far that wasn't completely fucking beastly.

Technique
11-21-2010, 11:52 PM
This album is definitely is dark. Kanye is no longer singing/rapping about positive shit / club hits.

It seems he's out on a personal vengeance with this album.

Top 5 songs of this album for me are :

Dark fantasy
All of the lights
Monster
Hell of a life
Lost in the world

So appalled is pretty decent, a little too long and gets progressively worse.

tp2021
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I can't listen to All of the Lights enough.
And Nicki Minaj does kill it, and I don't even like her.

ididnotnothat
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Not bad.

redzero
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
This album is definitely is dark.

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/meh.ro5776.jpg

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
crofl i just saw that. How could anybody with a functioning brain call this album "dark"?

tbh the lyrical content is the same as always for Kanye. It's either Kanye sucking his own dick about how awesome his production skills are, Kanye sucking his own dick about how he gets no credit for being a good rapper, Kanye sucking his own dick about his taste in fashion, or Kanye sucking his own dick about being self-aware of his douchebag status and how he's man enough to admit it.

dirk4mvp
11-22-2010, 11:52 AM
p4k with a lofty score.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 12:00 PM
p4k with a lofty score.

pitchfork is the Blink-182 of hipster douche sites.

resistanze
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Gorgeous is in my top 5 Kanye songs.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Blame Game would be in my top 5 if it weren't for the idiotic Chris Rock skit at the end. Easily the worst moment on the entire album.

redzero
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't listen to much hippity hop music, so I don't get why skits are even on albums. The time wasted on them could be used putting in songs that didn't make the cut.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't listen to much hippity hop music, so I don't get why skits are even on albums. The time wasted on them could be used putting in songs that didn't make the cut.

agreed. the worst is OutKast. you get like 25 tracks an album, but only 12 of them are actual songs.

IronMexican
11-22-2010, 02:07 PM

So you're telling me you don't listen to BrokenCYDE?

Roddy Beaubois
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
pitchfork is the Blink-182 of hipster douche sites.

What does this even mean

redzero
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
So you're telling me you don't listen to BrokenCYDE?

Don't even joke about something like that.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
What does this even mean

in a thread a while back, 21 Blessings said some douchey pretentious statement along the lines of "Explosions in the Sky is the Blink 182 of post rock". I've been laughing about it ever since.

Technique
11-22-2010, 02:17 PM
crofl i just saw that. How could anybody with a functioning brain call this album "dark"?

tbh the lyrical content is the same as always for Kanye. It's either Kanye sucking his own dick about how awesome his production skills are, Kanye sucking his own dick about how he gets no credit for being a good rapper, Kanye sucking his own dick about his taste in fashion, or Kanye sucking his own dick about being self-aware of his douchebag status and how he's man enough to admit it.

Actually if you paid attention to the lyrics you'd notice this entire album has no club hits and almost zero singing. Which is understandable considering his past year.

He's a lot more hateful and vengeful.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Actually if you paid attention to the lyrics you'd notice this entire album has no club hits and almost zero singing.

WHAT THE FUCK???!??!?!? hahahahaha this guy either doesn't have ears or he's completely retarded.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm going to listen to the album now and count how many of the songs feature Kanye singing at some point. I'm pretty sure it's damn near all of them.

IronMexican
11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't even joke about something like that.

I got about halfway through that one album. It was pretty awful. It has something like 18 songs, but half of them are skits.

Nick Manning
11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
it's alright. not my favorite of his but not bad either

IronMexican
11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
in a thread a while back, 21 Blessings said some douchey pretentious statement along the lines of "Explosions in the Sky is the Blink 182 of post rock". I've been laughing about it ever since.

I think 21 is a lift yr skinny fists guy.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
So here's the official tally of songs Kanye sings in. This isn't counting Rihanna or John Legend or the guy from Bon Iver or any number of other singers who sing on this album.

Dark Fantasy - yes
Gorgeous - no
Power - yes
All Of The Lights - yes
Monster - no
So Appalled - no
Devil In A New Dress - no
Runaway - yes
Hell Of A Life - yes
Blame Game - yes
Lost In The World - yes

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
7 out of 11. yeah that's like pretty much no singing at all from kanye.

Nick Manning
11-22-2010, 02:30 PM
tbh male rappers never really "sing"

Technique
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
So here's the official tally of songs Kanye sings in. This isn't counting Rihanna or John Legend or the guy from Bon Iver or any number of other singers who sing on this album.

Dark Fantasy - yes
Gorgeous - no
Power - yes
All Of The Lights - yes
Monster - no
So Appalled - no
Devil In A New Dress - no
Runaway - yes
Hell Of A Life - yes
Blame Game - yes
Lost In The World - yes

LMAO. Which follows my next question. What the fuck do you count as singing? Do you think he's singing when he pitches his voice high for 3 seconds?

The point is this album clearly branches off in comparison to his last two albums.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
The point is this album clearly branches off in comparison to his last two albums.

Um, the album is a clear progression in sound and concept to everything he's done, sans 808's and Heartbreak. That's the only album of his that "branches off" in any way.

Just do us all a favor and admit you haven't listened to it. That way your opinions won't seem nearly as retarded.

Technique
11-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Um, the album is a clear progression in sound and concept to everything he's done, sans 808's and Heartbreak. That's the only album of his that "branches off" in any way.

Just do us all a favor and admit you haven't listened to it. That way your opinions won't seem nearly as retarded.

Um, this album isn't a clear progression in sound, but rather a progression in his life to which he's projecting onto the album. Unless you think going from a slow melancholy album to a dark focused album is progression in sound.

His last three albums are basically club hits > melancholy singing > 'dark' themed. It's quite obvious the music he produces reflects his life.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Um, this album isn't a clear progression in sound, but rather a progression in his life to which he's projecting onto the album.

Again, if you actually listened to this album, you'd see that it's a fairly direct progression from Graduation to Late Registration to College Dropout. His sound has grown and matured in each album. And he's always rapped about what's going on in his life. This is no different. Although I'd love for you to find an actual theme to his lyrics that is any different than his other albums. Bravado, self-congratulations, and awareness of his faults. He's done that on every album.

Unless you think going from a slow melancholy album to a dark focused album is progression in sound.

I've already addressed the fact that 808's & Heartbreak is the exception to the rule here. Learn to read. Also, quit calling this album dark, it isn't.

His last three albums are basically club hits > melancholy singing > 'dark' themed. It's quite obvious the music he produces reflects his life.

Find a specific area that makes this album "dark" in any way. I'm starting to think you don't know the meaning of the word.

Trill Clinton
11-22-2010, 03:31 PM
LMAO. Which follows my next question. What the fuck do you count as singing? Do you think he's singing when he pitches his voice high for 3 seconds?

Is harmonizing a better term?

tlongII
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
This is mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/lauren2.jpg

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Tlong you win

oh crap
11-22-2010, 03:39 PM
i chuckled

symple19
11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm underwhelmed, as I always have been with KW. Dude is basically a black douchebag who makes middle of the road music with middle of the road beats. -yawn-

Technique
11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Find a specific area that makes this album "dark" in any way. I'm starting to think you don't know the meaning of the word.

Well, aside from the actual name of the album. Notice the name of the songs as well as the content.

Have you listened to who will survive in america?

"America was a bastard the illegitimate daughter of the mother country whose legs were then spread around the world and a rapist known as freedom, free doom."

How is that NOT dark and twisted?

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Imma need to see your motherfucking hands at the concert is dark as hell.

silverblk mystix
11-22-2010, 05:36 PM

...and this ``material'' makes him a musical genius?

Could you enlighten me as to how someone sucking his own dick in every album/cd he has done makes him compelling to listen to and/or a musical genius?

You seem like an intelligent person, so I am curious how someone intelligent...err how ANYONE intelligent would want to listen to and/or support someone who only talks about sucking his own dick?

How can people listen to this and determine that this is good work? Good music?

And others (myself included) can listen to this and leave scratching my head wondering WHY anyone would deem this to be good listening.

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm underwhelmed, as I always have been with KW. Dude is basically a black douchebag who makes middle of the road music with middle of the road beats. -yawn-

Since the song "through the wire", Kanye west has only progressed in becoming more of a douche. He's following the career path of Nelly...or probably 90% of all rappers to be honest (not to imply Nelly is a douche, just relating to the music. They'll make some decent music at the beginning which gets them out there and famous, and then they slowly fade out. There aren't too many major rappers that have put out good shit throughout their entire long career.

oh crap
11-22-2010, 05:48 PM
lol comparing kanye and nelly's careers. get out of here with that shit. not that your opinion on the matter holds any weight anyways but i found that amusing.

silverblk mystix
11-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Since the song "through the wire", Kanye west has only progressed in becoming more of a douche. He's following the career path of Nelly...or probably 90% of all rappers to be honest (not to imply Nelly is a douche, just relating to the music. They'll make some decent music at the beginning which gets them out there and famous, and then they slowly fade out. There aren't too many major rappers that have put out good shit throughout their entire long career.

Because RAP is not art (for most rappers). RAP is a means to getting paid. That is why as soon as they get paid...all of a sudden they become actors. So if the art was so true why the fuck are they not rappin' anymore and are now actors?

I guess there must be a few who are into rap for arts sake but it sure seems like the most successful ones become something other than rappers once they get paid.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Well, aside from the actual name of the album. Notice the name of the songs as well as the content.

Have you listened to who will survive in america?

"America was a bastard the illegitimate daughter of the mother country whose legs were then spread around the world and a rapist known as freedom, free doom."

How is that NOT dark and twisted?

He's given his views on America exploiting Africa on each one of his albums so far. Nothing new there, brah. If you think that one line makes the album "dark" then you really don't know what it means.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 06:01 PM

lol oh right, because after one semester of college you suddenly have detailed insight into the entire history of hip hop music too :lmao get the fuck outta here.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
and CROFL at saying Nelly made good music ever.

oh crap
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
lol comparing kanye and nelly's careers. get out of here with that shit. not that your opinion on the matter holds any weight anyways but i found that amusing.
Nelly first big hit, "country grammar", was a pretty good song. Throughout his career, the songs got worse and worse.

I compared it to Kanye because in my opinion is rather similar, with "through the wire". Now, I know Kanye has been way more successful, relax bro, it's not like I thought for many minutes who could be the most accurate comparison, no way I give a shit. It was spur of the moment, you should be able to see the point, unless you're a Kanye homer. Kanye's had a lot of big hits obviously that have been really successful in terms of radio play and mass popularity...but I could give a fuck about what kids like that only listen to mainstream ass radio hits. They aren't good songs, for the most part.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is an annoying ass album to listen to.

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Nelly first big hit, "country grammar", was a pretty good song.

are you talking about that fucking "shimmy shimmy coco puff" song? :lmao

monosylab1k
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
I could give a fuck about what kids like that only listen to mainstream ass radio hits

oh so now you've transformed into some douchey indie hipster? but you still like the shimmy shimmy coco puff song? :lmao

MannyIsGod
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
:lmao Nelly

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
lol oh right, because after one semester of college you suddenly have detailed insight into the entire history of hip hop music too :lmao get the fuck outta here.

Of course not, it's just my opinion/guess because it continually occurs...new rappers come out, put out some decent shit, and they fade right on out of the business a few years later. A few manage to stay around for a while, putting out worse and worse shit. Some actually make some bad ass music the entire time they're active. Of course it all comes back to opinion.

and CROFL at saying Nelly made good music ever.
I'm not saying he's a good artist. I personally think his best song ever happens to be his first big hit, and I also liked a couple songs from his first album. Through time they got pretty bad. Was a very quick comparison to how I feel about Kanye...since my favorite song from each of them happens to be each of their first big hits. This is all I've said about Nelly.

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2010, 06:17 PM
oh so now you've transformed into some douchey indie hipster? but you still like the shimmy shimmy coco puff song? :lmao

I'm not saying it contains great content, no fuck. I can actually listen to the song though and enjoy it, and for christ sake it was an example. Go ahead and troll since it's all you're here to do anyway...LOL like Nelly is anywhere near my top 100 artists list.

When I listen to rap or hip/hop, I'm already accepting that I'm listening to shit ass content, with the exception of a few rappers/songs. I'm not saying I don't like rap music because I definitely do, I never go a day without listening to rap but you can't deny the vast majority of the lyrics are atrocious. I won't deny it but I also don't give a shit, because I mostly listen to rap for the beats, while on the go, playing/warming up for sports, partying, etc. So I really don't give a fuck what they're saying when I pick my songs, only shit that sounds good and that I can listen to.

And no I'm not some indie douche, I don't listen to any indie rock actually tbh.

resistanze
11-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Because RAP is not art (for most rappers). RAP is a means to getting paid. That is why as soon as they get paid...all of a sudden they become actors. So if the art was so true why the fuck are they not rappin' anymore and are now actors?

I guess there must be a few who are into rap for arts sake but it sure seems like the most successful ones become something other than rappers once they get paid.

What kind of bullshit is this? If that's the case why do all of your favorite artists sign with major labels to begin with?

Why not make songs in your garage "for the love of the music"?

silverblk mystix
11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
What kind of bullshit is this? If that's the case why do all of your favorite artists sign with major labels to begin with?

Why not make songs in your garage "for the love of the music"?

Maybe you misunderstood.

I am saying that if you are a rapper and are doing because that is where your talent is and that is who you are-then I can understand that and respect that.

If you come out as a rapper and as soon as you see success...you are suddenly and actor and don't even rap anymore...that is the douches I was referring to.

dirk4mvp
11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
a nelly/kanye comparison is one of the last things i expected to read in this thread.

IronMaxipad
11-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Shit is ranchy

redzero
11-23-2010, 02:14 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9291/1290496361017.png (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/1290496361017.png/)

MI21
11-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Had more time to get into the album now.. Still don't like it nearly as much as Graduation or College Dropout, but it's growing on me.

Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, All of the Lights, Monster, So Apalled, Runaway, Power - all good tracks. The rest I'm not fussed about.

Roddy Beaubois
11-23-2010, 01:10 PM
EH! Must be the monay!

great fucking song imho

Phillip
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Nelly is a smart artist, but not neccesarily a good rapper (he's more of a pop star who raps). Appeals to younger generation and young to middle aged females, thus resulting in a shitload of sales and money.

Phillip
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
When I listen to rap or hip/hop, I'm already accepting that I'm listening to shit ass content, with the exception of a few rappers/songs. I'm not saying I don't like rap music because I definitely do, I never go a day without listening to rap but you can't deny the vast majority of the lyrics are atrocious. I won't deny it but I also don't give a shit, because I mostly listen to rap for the beats, while on the go, playing/warming up for sports, partying, etc. So I really don't give a fuck what they're saying when I pick my songs, only shit that sounds good and that I can listen to.

Applicable to every single genre, not just rap. There are a very select few in every genre of music that both have great lyrics and a great musical aspect to their songs as well. Generally, it's just one or the other though.

Phillip
11-23-2010, 01:41 PM

As is rock, country, pop, etc...

ALL FUCKING GENRES OF MUSIC HAVE PEOPLE WHO DO THIS, AND NOT JUST A FEW, THE MAJORITY

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Applicable to every single genre, not just rap. There are a very select few in every genre of music that both have great lyrics and a great musical aspect to their songs as well. Generally, it's just one or the other though.

Well, I sort of agree, but sort of disagree.

Any given rapper will rap about the same shit over and over again. From song to song, so much of the lyrical content is exactly the same...it's almost like the majority of the songs have no train of thought and are just a bunch of short random, replaceable blurbs on fuckin bitches, gettin money, sittin on 22s that kind of thing. You'll hear that sort of shit in most rap songs as if it's the standard filler..except sometimes it comprises such a large % of the actual song that they really are saying nothing and most of the song is basically filler.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Kanye is a smart artist, but not neccesarily a good rapper (he's more of a pop star who raps). Appeals to younger generation and young to middle aged females, thus resulting in a shitload of sales and money.
Very subtle change. I think the statement holds true anyway.

Phillip
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, I sort of agree, but sort of disagree.

Any given rapper will rap about the same shit over and over again. From song to song, so much of the lyrical content is exactly the same...it's almost like the majority of the songs have no train of thought and are just a bunch of short random, replaceable blurbs on fuckin bitches, gettin money, sittin on 22s that kind of thing. You'll hear that sort of shit in most rap songs as if it's the standard filler..except sometimes it comprises such a large % of the actual song that they really are saying nothing and most of the song is basically filler.

And there are plenty of rock and country artists who never shut the fuck up about some girl or boy who broke their heart, and/or the next boy or girl they are falling in love with.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 02:53 PM

agreed. the worst is OutKast. you get like 25 tracks an album, but only 12 of them are actual songs.

Why don't you guys rip the CD to your hard drive and edit the skits out? It's a relatively simple process.

Listening to this album now. Power is very decent, Dark Fantasy and Gorgeous didn't really impress me much.

However, All of the Lights is simply a phenomenal song. The horns sound absolutely incredible a pair of good headphones and really give a fantastic contrast to the heavy beat and vocals.

Phillip
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM

I don't neccesarily disagree with your change, although he is a far superior rapper to Nelly.

Cry Havoc
Maybe you misunderstood.

I am saying that if you are a rapper and are doing because that is where your talent is and that is who you are-then I can understand that and respect that.

If you come out as a rapper and as soon as you see success...you are suddenly and actor and don't even rap anymore...that is the douches I was referring to.

After reading this thread, I have to wonder what kind of music you listen to. :downspin:

Phillip
Why don't you guys rip the CD to your hard drive and edit the skits out? It's a relatively simple process.

supernerd to the rescue!!!

IronMexican
11-23-2010, 02:58 PM
After reading this thread, I have to wonder what kind of music you listen to. :downspin:

Beethoven, Mozart. I could go on and on.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 03:14 PM
supernerd to the rescue!!!

Yes, as opposed to whining, I prefer to actually do something about it. Just sayin'.

Phillip
11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes, as opposed to whining, I prefer to actually do something about it. Just sayin'.

ah yes, nothing like do-it-yourself

is that your same philosophy on life when feeling horny? instead of finding a female for a blowjob, you do it yourself!

monosylab1k
11-23-2010, 03:37 PM

Well in the case of "Blame Game" that's impossible because the skit is attached to the song. And back when OutKast actually made music, I was still buying CD's (lol).

monosylab1k
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM

First off, Kanye is on another level than fucking Nelly as far as rapping is concerned.

Second, unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you'd know that EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA HATES KANYE WEST RIGHT NOW because of what he did to Taylor Swift. You stupid fuck.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-23-2010, 03:43 PM
crofl Nelly

Power is such a great song

LnGrrrR
11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Jay-Z says hello. (As far as commercial cred.)

As far as street cred, Del tha Funkee Homosapien has been pretty good throughout his career.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2010, 03:54 PM
ah yes, nothing like do-it-yourself

is that your same philosophy on life when feeling horny? instead of finding a female for a blowjob, you do it yourself!

You must enjoy that burning sensation you get from random strange.

Well in the case of "Blame Game" that's impossible because the skit is attached to the song. And back when OutKast actually made music, I was still buying CD's (lol).

Still easy as hell to edit out and then re-encode.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2010, 05:21 PM
First off, Kanye is on another level than fucking Nelly as far as rapping is concerned.

Second, unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you'd know that EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA HATES KANYE WEST RIGHT NOW because of what he did to Taylor Swift. You stupid fuck.
I'm aware of the swift incident, I'm also aware than tons of sluts still jam to his music.

Oh yeah, and no shit Kanye is on another level of success. I'm also relating them because both are hardly rappers.

tlongII
11-23-2010, 06:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/lauren.jpg

MannyIsGod
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Too much Tlong. You killed it.

The Reckoning
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
any guy who decides to replace his teeth with diamonds isnt really a genius (musical or the like) in my opinion.

Trill Clinton
11-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Why is Nelly being mentioned in this thread?:lol

oh crap
11-24-2010, 02:00 AM
on repeat listens, outside of dark fantasy/ so appalled/ devil in a new dress/ blame game, i feel this album under delivers just a bit. still can't hate, overall pretty good shit but i'd probably go 7/10 instead of most of the 8- 10's.

Venti Quattro
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I am fully convinced that the Chris Rock skit destroyed the best song in the album title of Blame Game.

Also who heard the bonus track? To those who haven't, never mind listening to it...

The Gemini Method
11-24-2010, 01:55 PM
I have only listened to up to about All the Lights and I'm rather enjoying this release. It sure warrants the hype as opposed to any other release of recent vintage. It's up there with his better work.

Cry Havoc
11-24-2010, 02:03 PM
ITT: Police officers (hopefully former) making physical threats to fight people over the internet. :lmao

The Gemini Method
11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, the Chris Rock portion or Blame Game kinda puts a damper on it. Otherwise, that's one of my faves on the whole album...

monosylab1k
11-24-2010, 03:42 PM
I am fully convinced that the Chris Rock skit destroyed the best song in the album title of Blame Game.

Also who heard the bonus track? To those who haven't, never mind listening to it...

yeah the bonus track is awful. it's like an '03 level kanye track that still wouldn't make the album.

it's a shame cuz i love chris rock, but his presence ruins blame game. actually it's the dumb "yeezy taught me" cunt that really ruins it, but chris rock doesn't help either.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
This is a much better album than I was expecting, but I still think Big Boi put out the best rap album for 2010.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
The biggest issue I have with this album is the mastering. The songs on here hold up just as well as his older album, but his older albums sounded much better with headphones. The production is a bit muddy this time around and I'm not sure why Kanye did that.

Cry Havoc
11-24-2010, 04:37 PM
The biggest issue I have with this album is the mastering. The songs on here hold up just as well as his older album, but his older albums sounded much better with headphones. The production is a bit muddy this time around and I'm not sure why Kanye did that.

What cans are you rocking, ADS?

Trill Clinton
11-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, the Chris Rock portion or Blame Game kinda puts a damper on it. Otherwise, that's one of my faves on the whole album...

ahh man Chris Rock is HILARIOUS:lol, it's at the very end of that song so its not messing up the flow of the song. I bet Amber Rose was pissed after hearing that track.

td4mvp21
11-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Gorgeous, All of the Lights & Devil In a New Dress >>>>>

Venti Quattro
11-25-2010, 01:43 PM
my favorite in the album so far is lost in the world. pretty weird choice, I know, given that a lot of people have been going with the likes of all of the lights, runaway, gorgeous and POWER

Venti Quattro
11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
yeah the bonus track is awful. it's like an '03 level kanye track that still wouldn't make the album.

Once I heard Beyonce singing I know something was up, and it's bad

Amuseddaysleeper
11-26-2010, 02:55 AM
What cans are you rocking, ADS?

A pair of Grado SR80i's :toast

http://www.headphone.com/productphotos/small/0020090060_5717.jpg

KapitanTutan
11-26-2010, 07:02 AM
kanye west sucks

his music (if you call that shit a music) sucks

ya'll suck

Venti Quattro
11-26-2010, 02:01 PM
kanye west sucks

his music (if you call that shit a music) sucks

ya'll suck

yeah he's just like miami... they both suck

timvp
11-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Just finished listening to it for the first time. I liked it. Only drawback are the feats. Especially Jay-Z's ish. He ran out of good rhymes about half a decade ago. Someone needs to put him out of his misery. And I'm still not feeling Nicki Minaj. I can't even listen to what she's saying. Her pitch is like that of an annoying chickenhead that I put on auto ignore. Kid Cudi's verse was also pretty damn weak too.

But yeah thumbs up first time thru.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2010, 10:23 AM
For some reason, I feel the first two songs might be the weakest on the entire album. 3, 4, and 5 are the best, and the rest of it is pretty solid. If Kanye would stop talking about how awesome he is, he really would be that great of an artist.

Trill Clinton
11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Just finished listening to it for the first time. I liked it. Only drawback are the feats. Especially Jay-Z's ish. He ran out of good rhymes about half a decade ago. Someone needs to put him out of his misery. And I'm still not feeling Nicki Minaj. I can't even listen to what she's saying. Her pitch is like that of an annoying chickenhead that I put on auto ignore. Kid Cudi's verse was also pretty damn weak too.

:wow Jay spazzed out on the So Appalled track. I do agree he has ran out of good material but he is still head n shoulders above these other rap artists.

ALVAREZ6
11-30-2010, 12:57 PM

I agree with the bold...but not with the rest. How can you enjoy that album even though what you described in bold fills the CD? This album is just pure annoying bullshit.

Spurminator
12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I really wanted to hate this album but I can't stop going back to it. It's like Pet Sounds in hip hop form.

IronMexican
12-30-2010, 12:56 AM
After listening to this album a lot more, I am beginning to hate Monster. Nicki's verse sucks ass.

IronMexican
12-30-2010, 03:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2DSqKnZPvw
Leaked Monster video

oh crap
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
on repeat listens, outside of dark fantasy/ so appalled/ devil in a new dress/ blame game, i feel this album under delivers just a bit. still can't hate, overall pretty good shit but i'd probably go 7/10 instead of most of the 8- 10's.

i'm fucking serious man, i don't know if it's the hype, over exposure and everybody giving this 5 stars but after another listen yesterday this album is pretty pedestrian really. i think i wanted to like it more and there are some gems on it, but it's not what people crack it up to be, imo of course.

silverblk mystix
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Garbage.

Still.