PDA

View Full Version : surprise move by Mike D'Antoni

LilMissSPURfect
05-24-2005, 09:52 AM
PHOENIX (AP) -- In a surprise move by Mike D'Antoni, the Phoenix Suns will take their perennial pine rider and switch him with Amare Stoudamire to the Starting Center Position.

Paul Shirley, a 6' 10" Forward from Iowa State has seductively stayed on the bench all season long averaging 1.3 PPG in a little more then 20 seconds Per Game. In a cat and mouse head game battle with Greg Popovich, D'Antoni said earlier today that "Paul is an AMAZING talent, and our secret weapon that we've quietly kept out of the spotlight all year long. Greg (Popovich) thought he trumped us by benching Tim and Manu in Game 3 of the regular season, but that will pale in comparison when POWER RANGER PAUL unleashes his Anger on the Spurs tonight"

"Paul will probably score somewhere around 45 to 50 points tonight" says Amare Stoudamire, an ardent student of Pauls all year long. "I expect him to easily contain (Tim) Duncan to around 3 points and 2 rebounds"

Says Paul, "I'm just here to do my part for the team. I haven't had alot of game time to date, but Mike & I have been devising this strategy since November that he would keep me out of the public view until Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals, it is now my time to shine"

Robert Sarver, the teams new owner, is expected to offer Paul Shirley the Max contract at the end of this season stating that "Paul has been an inspiration to me for a number of years, and the whole project of acquiring this franchise hinged on his willingness to stay with the team as I feel we can form a Dynasty around him."

"We haven't seen him all season long" said Tim Duncan, "But if all the rumors are true, we'll be in serious trouble, I'll be struggling on the offensive end as I've heard he is an AMAZING defender, and a phenominal scorer. I'm a bit upset that they sprung this on us this late in the year, I may actually have a facial expression after this game"

Ginoboli said "......", well, we couldn't really understand him with that cool accent, but I'm sure it was to express concern.

------

(AP)
John Q. Delusional
05/24/05
Phoenix, AZ

:drunk :drunk :drunk

fraga
05-24-2005, 09:55 AM
"We haven't seen him all season long" said Tim Duncan, "But if all the rumors are true, we'll be in serious trouble, I'll be struggling on the offensive end as I've heard he is an AMAZING defender, and a phenominal scorer. I'm a bit upset that they sprung this on us this late in the year, I may actually have a facial expression after this game"

That's just too damned funny...

LilMissSPURfect
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
its only been 1 game and they are already pulling out their "secret weapon" :lol :lol :lol :lol

i thought everyone could use that...{i found it floating around the super highway}

Hook Dem
05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Is that the blonde spike haired freak thats always going bananas on the sidelines? :lol

Jimcs50
05-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Is that the blonde spike haired freak thats always going bananas on the sidelines? :lol

No that is Jake Voskuhl.
He used to play more mins last year and played pretty well against SA in the past.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Friggin' hilarious. I think D'Antoni is failing to realize that Rasho's game is perfectly suited to neutralizing Shirley's game. Rasho's stat line for tonight with this lineup change 35-22-12, with 6 blocks in 37 minutes.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
pretty creatve miss spur

polandprzem
05-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Wow. Now It's a time to be scared.
Who would thought that D'Antoni is such a great strategic guy.
Congrats on that.

But I think that the spurs got something too.

Have you heard about T-Mass , Paul Shirley?

Catharsis
05-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't know if any of you have seen Shirley's work, but it's not done on the court. He writes a blog for Suns.com.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/shirley_playoff_blog.html

It's pretty funny, and so was his "Road Ramblings" from earlier in the season:

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/shirley_blog.html

MI21
05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, those blogs are priceless and give a bit of insight into what an NBA benchwarmer goes through.

I recomend anyone with some spare time read them.

Extra Stout
05-24-2005, 12:17 PM
PHOENIX (AP) -- In a surprise move by Mike D'Antoni, the Phoenix Suns will take their perennial pine rider and switch him with Amare Stoudamire to the Starting Center Position.

Paul Shirley, a 6' 10" Forward from Iowa State has seductively stayed on the bench all season long averaging 1.3 PPG in a little more then 20 seconds Per Game. In a cat and mouse head game battle with Greg Popovich, D'Antoni said earlier today that "Paul is an AMAZING talent, and our secret weapon that we've quietly kept out of the spotlight all year long. Greg (Popovich) thought he trumped us by benching Tim and Manu in Game 3 of the regular season, but that will pale in comparison when POWER RANGER PAUL unleashes his Anger on the Spurs tonight"

:cry :wow :cuss

POP, HURRY UP AND ACTIVATE SEAN MARKS!!!! NOW!!!!

MadDog73
05-24-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't know if any of you have seen Shirley's work, but it's not done on the court. He writes a blog for Suns.com.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/shirley_playoff_blog.html

It's pretty funny, and so was his "Road Ramblings" from earlier in the season:

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/shirley_blog.html

Good stuff! Thanks for the link. My personal favorite:

"When the game began, though, the two die-hards stood up and unfurled their trump card, a hand-written sign that said something along the lines of:

Hair Dye: $8
Tickets: $500
Missing my first day of work to watch the Suns in the playoffs: Priceless

Their placard inspired a few thoughts. First, who is more of an [word for donkey], the guy who is three years behind the times and thought of the “joke,” or the guy who, back at the apartment, said, “Now that’s funny, dude. You totally have to take that to the game”?

Next, if one of our heroes is starting a job that would have theoretically had him working on a Sunday night at 7:30, was $500 for tickets to a basketball game really a wise fiscal maneuver? I understand that it is the playoffs and all, but was the abandonment of any potential cash flow worth the sacrifice? Maybe for the Finals, but even then I would be willing to bet the Texaco has a TV behind the counter."

ChumpDumper
05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Shirley has a book deal in the works about all the places he's played on the strength of those blogs.

Seriously though, if PHX goes down 2-0, we might see D'Antoni go with a 24-foul platoon on Tim like Seattle.

johndraegerhhs
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
i don't give a damn if he is a secret weapon the spurs will shut him down plain and simple

timvp
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
i don't give a damn if he is a secret weapon the spurs will shut him down plain and simple

:tu

johnny00
05-24-2005, 06:00 PM
No that is Jake Voskuhl.
He used to play more mins last year and played pretty well against SA in the past.
Jake used to give me fits last year I don't know why D'Antonni hasn't used him, or Bo Outlaw for that matter, those guys can really bang around and cause havoc.

I'm no coach of the year :rolleyes and I know it limits thier run and gun style but it's the playoffs.

Anyway the more time they spend on the bench the better.

SLOVENIAN 8
05-24-2005, 06:08 PM
"Paul will probably score somewhere around 45 to 50 points tonight" says Amare Stoudamire, an ardent student of Pauls all year long. "I expect him to easily contain (Tim) Duncan to around 3 points and 2 rebounds"

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

sa_butta
05-25-2005, 09:11 AM
maybe they lost because this guy didnt play...
I think we are in for it now :lol :lol :lol :lol