PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys see the fifth championship?

Rapper
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I see it, very close very close

9 games 8 victories, still can't believe and image

wildbill2u
11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
It's out there, you can almost see it. Like St. Paul said in Corinthians, ""For now we see through a glass, darkly."

As soon as I finish off this Shiner Bock, I may see more clearly---but I'll probably just have another glass.

dbreiden83080
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
The west is waaaaay weaker than it used to be. But the Lakers are still better so it's gonna be hard..

rascal
11-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Championships aren't won in the first 9 games of the season. A long ways to go.

dunkman
11-16-2010, 01:00 PM
The Spurs have to emerge from the western conference, the Hornets, the Jazz and the Lakers are excellent teams, also they could have to win the best team in the NBA (Celtics) or the consolidated Heat that may be coached by Pat Riley by then.

The mission for now is guarantee the HCA trough the playoffs, improve the defense, integrate new players, don't show all the plays during regular season, keep the best players in top form for playoffs and avoid injuries.

Fpoonsie
11-16-2010, 01:02 PM
No, not really. Unless Hill figures out a way to turn it on, Bonner doesn't turn into Bonner, and the rooks start playing out of their minds, SA won't get past LA or BOS.

boutons_deux
11-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I can't see Russia from my back yard, nor a championship. I can't even see the end of November.

If Spurs beat Jizz@SLC, vision will be slightly improved.

hater
11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
it's 9 games into the season :rolleyes

wake up

coyotes_geek
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Let's win 8 games in the playoffs before saying it's close.

Hooks
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
You guys are overrating the Lakers, they haven't looked too good this season. They have almost no defense with Bynum out, Kobe has clearly lost a step, and Blake is the only good player on their bench.

Meanwhile almost all of our starters are playing extremely well, the only problem is how poorly Blair (On offense and defense) and Hill have been playing. Hell, I forgot about McDyess as well, he looks a lot more comfortable, dude is playing like a beast this season. Splitter looks like he's going to be good and Anderson who was playing well will be back from injury.

Once this Spurs team starts clicking they're gonna be really good, which will be some time after the All star break... (it happens just about every year lol)

it's me
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
it's 9 games into the season :rolleyes

wake up

Fpoonsie
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
You guys are overrating the Lakers, they haven't looked too good this season.

Neither has Timmy, but Spurs fans are clearly confident he'll snap out of it...as will the Lakers.

They have almost no defense with Bynum out,

He'll be back, but they've already won a 'chip w/o him.

Kobe has clearly lost a step,

He'll find it.

and Blake is the only good player on their bench.

You're underrating their bench...and Blake is a GREAT addition.

lefty
11-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Neither has Timmy, but Spurs fans are clearly confident he'll snap out of it...as will the Lakers.

He'll be back, but they've already won a 'chip w/o him.

He'll find it.

You're underrating their bench...and Blake is a GREAT addition.

Ditto

TJastal
11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Once Bynum comes back, the laker bench will be Ratliff, Odom, Barnes, Brown, & Blake, plus they have Ebanks, Vujacic, & Walton as "extras".

Pretty deep laker team this year.

Fpoonsie
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Once Bynum comes back, the laker bench will be Ratliff, Odom, Barnes, Brown, & Blake, plus they have Ebanks, Vujacic, & Walton as "extras".

And, just read something (not sure how accurate) saying that Damp was signing w/ LA, sooo...

Cry Havoc
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I see 1/18th of the championship right now.

As in, of the 36 quarters we've played so far this season, we have only played championship (or even playoff) level defense for 2 of them so far against a team that's worth anything. So in my book we have a 5.5% chance to win the title as it stands.

JR21
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Na ya'l don't understand him. He's saying we look like a championship squad again which I haven't seen for a few seasons. We look sharp and if it keeps up we look like we could contend for the whole thing. Yes I agree. I like what i see. We're going for the ring.

Mel_13
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
And, just read something (not sure how accurate) saying that Damp was signing w/ LA, sooo...

Theo's having arthroscopic knee surgery today, so Laker interest in Dampier wouldn't be surprising.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2010/11/16/theo-ratliff-to-have-knee-surgery-today/

TJastal
11-16-2010, 01:38 PM

Really? I would have figured Miami would be knocking his door down..

Fpoonsie
11-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Theo's having arthroscopic knee surgery today, so Laker interest in Dampier wouldn't be surprising.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2010/11/16/theo-ratliff-to-have-knee-surgery-today/

Hmmm...

I just assumed it was to cock-block MIA. Watch Damp start playin 6MotY-type ball once he lands in LA.

:depressed

Leonard Curse
11-16-2010, 02:21 PM
wow no laker fans hating ? maybe we are scary good!

Spursmania
11-16-2010, 04:53 PM

Ratliff is getting some type of knee surgery, I believe. Not that that really means much:lol

AlleyOopNazi
11-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Are you on crack? who knows how spurs aged vets will play come May. spurs players are to the most part in peak physical condition, in May, who knows.

jestersmash
11-16-2010, 07:33 PM
The Laker bench is thin.....Outside Brown and Odom they have little firepower. Waltons injuries have taken a toll, Fisher is looking burned out and Bynum will get hurt again and slows them down.

I think they are much better with Gasol at the 5.

What are you talking about? Gasol has had the same role for the Lakers both offensively and defensively for years now. In my opinion, people like to confuse the issue by calling him playing the "4" at times and the "5" at others but this is all nonsense and doesn't provide any real insight.

What exactly is different about calling him a center versus power forward, and why does this make the Lakers a better team?

jestersmash
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Perhaps you misunderstand what I am saying. The Lakers are better without Bynum. I have wondered for years why they have not delt him. They had an offer of Bosh at one time before all the knee issues started.

With the Lakers running Gasol at the 5 and Odom at the 4 it is hard for any team to match up. They can just outrun everyone as well as pull bigs away from the basket. Bynum cant do either.

I dont care what pos Gasol plays with Bynum out they are harder to defend.

The only team that matches up OK is Okl.

Ahh ok thanks for the clarification. Your point was about Gasol-Odom versus Gasol-Bynum. Makes sense.

jag
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Rapper is a massive troll. He's like a "Chinese" version of KBP.

DJ Mbenga
11-16-2010, 08:36 PM

im sure espn will stream the 3 peat parade you can view it then

Danny.Zhu
11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Lakers is way better than us right now.

ohmwrecker
11-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I can see something . . . not sure what it is yet.

Tp9gospursgo
11-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I would make my prediction about halfway into the season. Still a bit too early. But I still love the great start, and hope it continues.

rascal
11-17-2010, 12:20 PM
You guys are overrating the Lakers, they haven't looked too good this season. They have almost no defense with Bynum out, Kobe has clearly lost a step, and Blake is the only good player on their bench.

Meanwhile almost all of our starters are playing extremely well, the only problem is how poorly Blair (On offense and defense) and Hill have been playing. Hell, I forgot about McDyess as well, he looks a lot more comfortable, dude is playing like a beast this season. Splitter looks like he's going to be good and Anderson who was playing well will be back from injury.

Once this Spurs team starts clicking they're gonna be really good, which will be some time after the All star break... (it happens just about every year lol)

They are the two time defending champions and have improved their bench from last year. They are matchup nightmares for the spurs.