PDA

View Full Version : POPS salary

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey how much is pop earnin per year??

i think we are gratious to have a coach like pop, unlike sum coaches who havnt warrant themselves to have bogus contracts and demands.

With the inflated prices for coaches look at these clowns who are earnin nearly the MLE or even more havnt even win a ring with a team.

O'Brien is earnin 4mill a year
cooper in negotiations for 4mill a year could inflate with competition for his services
adelman, sloan, brown, rivers and jvg are earnin 5mill a year
flip saunders wants 8 mill a year
phil jackson 10-15mill a year??

fuck all of a sudden this year has become like a few years ago with the inflated prices for roleplayers services.

T Park
05-24-2005, 10:39 AM
I think Pop makes about 7 or 8 a year.

Maybe not, forgot how much it was for when he signed that extension.

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2005, 10:47 AM
7-8mill a year wow he deserves it, umm wonder how much he get once his contract is up......

PJ is getting pretty good offers around the league, how much is he earnin as an assistant of pop??

MadDog73
05-24-2005, 10:50 AM
yeah, I get the feeling PJ is going to leave. It's probably not the money, but the chance to be head coach. Then again, if he's comfortable here...

GoSpurs21
05-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I believe Pop makes 5M a year

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
^^NOPE POP makes only 4mill a year at it ends 07/08 season 9th highest paid coach but still way underpaid for his services, maybe money is not an issue with pop, i wonder how much is he really worth if his contract was over today?? around phil jackson type of money?

so he be here till duncans contract ends or the dynasty core 5 contracts are up

T Park
05-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Well if he had a better mind for the offensive game, he would make 8.

But since he is just good at defense he makes 4.

through 07 08???

3 more seasons???

IMO, hire musselman, groom him to take over, and retire in 2 years.

kskonn
05-24-2005, 11:31 AM
I wish they could keep PJ around to take over. I don't think he will stick around for three more seasons though. I also think pop will sign an extension to stay around as long as duncan, parker, and ginobli are here. That is assuming he doesn't totally tank in the next couple seasons.

easjer
05-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Eh, Pop will stick around beyond that, unless some unforeseen catastrophe strikes. He's gotten a great team together and has surprised a lot of people, me included, with his coaching skills.

He's worth every penny, and possibly more. You realize that even with the malleable players we have, Pop is responsible to the devotion the players give him, and for the respect he gets. How many coaches (high paid or no) get their players to listen to them? Get an All Star starter to back off and give the ball to the rookie, or go back to the bench?

Yeah. He'll stick around while those folks are there.

ducks
05-24-2005, 12:36 PM
pj would leave for the money
dude at the most gets $200 k
he will get over 1 million to be head coach
tough choice NOT

MadDog73
05-24-2005, 12:48 PM
pj would leave for the money
dude at the most gets $200 k
he will get over 1 million to be head coach
tough choice NOT

$200k in San Antonio, is like a $1 million in New York. I exaggerate, but you have to remember, SA is a cheap place to live!

Other considerations: He's well liked, he wins Championships here (won't happen in NY or probably any other city).

That said, he'll probably leave just for the opportunity.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
^^NOPE POP makes only 4mill a year at it ends 07/08 season 9th highest paid coach but still way underpaid for his services, maybe money is not an issue with pop, i wonder how much is he really worth if his contract was over today?? around phil jackson type of money?

so he be here till duncans contract ends or the dynasty core 5 contracts are up
not about the money?? dude lets not forget its 4 mill we're talking about here. If I was earning 4 MILLION, I would also "NOT BE IN IT FOR THE MONEY!" LOL

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2005, 01:06 PM
i thought theres no income tax in texas anyway so who works in texas dont pay tax right?

GoSpurs21
05-24-2005, 01:20 PM
i thought theres no income tax in texas anyway so who works in texas dont pay tax right?no state income tax, we still have to pay federal income tax.

ata
05-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey how much is pop earnin per year??

....O'Brien is earnin 4mill a year
cooper in negotiations for 4mill a year could inflate with competition for his services
adelman, sloan, brown, rivers and jvg are earnin 5mill a year
flip saunders wants 8 mill a year
phil jackson 10-15mill a year??

How many of them are GMs at the same time?

Gummi
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Best coach in the league, hands down. We're extremely lucky to have him. Nice to know that he's locked down until 2007/08.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2005, 05:16 PM
It would be intersting to see what Pop would get on the open market considering what these scrub coaches are making and reportedly being offered.

SequSpur
05-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Carlesimo gets a million.

Horry For 3!
05-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I like Pop and am glad he is our coach. I don't want any other coach in the NBA right now than Pop.