PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so . . .

vy65
11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/16/alcohol.caffeine.drinks/index.html?hpt=T2

IronMexican
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Nooooooo

vy65
11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
The ridiculous part of this shit is that they're banning 4lokos because of the dangerous-yet-delicious caffeine and alcohol combo. Are they going to ban the sale of red bull vodkas too?

Fuck the economy -- this is why I'm pissed about the midterms.

PakiDan
11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Good riddance.

oh crap
11-16-2010, 05:55 PM
after hearing much about 4loko & joose, i finally gave a joose a try last week and while it tasted foul, wasn't too bad. based off what i've read online, trouble usually begins when people try to chug 3 or mix it with a bunch of liquor, which common sense would tell you not to do in the first fucking place. it's not the devil people make it out to be, it's stupid kids/trash/ghetto people making stupid decisions when drinking em. i never planned on drinking them regularly but the ban is stupid.

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
The ridiculous part of this shit is that they're banning 4lokos because of the dangerous-yet-delicious caffeine and alcohol combo. Are they going to ban the sale of red bull vodkas too?

Fuck the economy -- this is why I'm pissed about the midterms.

Amen.

Fuckin government trying to control people's lives way too much... who gives a fuck if people want to be stupid and consume 4Loko on a regular basis??? In fact, most people will not do this! It's only used by college students, and most don't drink that shit regularly.

Do they think people don't know how to consume alcohol?? It happens!!

z0sa
11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Shit sucks anyway.

CubanSucks
11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
All because some rookie fuckheads didn't know how much they could handle. It's impossible to articulate my anger into typed words right now. If you drink too much of anything it's dangerous! Listen up our saviors in the FDA, let me tell you what's gonna happen. Those same dumbfucks that got alcohol poisoning or whatever will likely be doing 20 shots of liquor and probably drinking red bull and guess what..HAVE THE SAME RESULTS! Here's an honest compromise, make them sensor the cans and logos image like they did with cigarettes. One of the big arguments I've been hearing is how the "look" of the drink is more appealing to kids. So since we apparently live in China now, make them change their image

IronMexican
11-17-2010, 12:05 AM
All because some rookie fuckheads didn't know how much they could handle. It's impossible to articulate my anger into typed words right now. If you drink too much of anything it's dangerous! Listen up our saviors in the FDA, let me tell you what's gonna happen. Those same dumbfucks that got alcohol poisoning or whatever will likely be doing 20 shots of liquor and probably drinking red bull and guess what..HAVE THE SAME RESULTS! Here's an honest compromise, make them sensor the cans and logos image like they did with cigarettes. One of the big arguments I've been hearing is how the "look" of the drink is more appealing to kids. So since we apparently live in China now, make them change their image

Woah, tough guy. I hope no one ever messes with you on a bad day.

Roddy Beaubois
11-17-2010, 01:03 AM
fuck. Time to stock up.

The Reckoning
11-19-2010, 04:49 PM
fuck.

it was officially banned by the FDA today... the 7-Eleven by my place is already sold out.

:depressed

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Damn kids...

If you want a good "uppy" buzz then just take a Bill Miller tea glass and fill it 1/2 & 1/2 with tequila and coffee.

ZING!

oh crap
11-19-2010, 04:58 PM
fuck.

it was officially banned by the FDA today... the 7-Eleven by my place is already sold out.

:depressed

they're moving forward with this? they're only banning it in it's current formula, right? i read online that the company that makes 4 loko said it would remove the caffein in order to meet guidelines. either way, maybe i'll pick a couple up today.

Roddy Beaubois
11-19-2010, 05:09 PM
We just picked up 36.

vy65
11-19-2010, 05:12 PM
There's nothing on the fda website, or any news articles on the ban ...

vy65
11-19-2010, 05:14 PM
lol, its just a fda demand letter - there's no ban

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm234109.htm

tbh, this will get caught up in months if not years of litigation

The Reckoning
11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
they're moving forward with this? they're only banning it in it's current formula, right? i read online that the company that makes 4 loko said it would remove the caffein in order to meet guidelines. either way, maybe i'll pick a couple up today.

according to their website, they have to remove caffeine, guarana and taurine from the drink. they might as well do away with the drink entirely.

The Reckoning
11-19-2010, 05:20 PM
sjX6MV0Yj0M

:lmao

CubanSucks
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
sjX6MV0Yj0M

Gotta love local news always going on a witch hunt to get the old fucks in the community rowed up. I'm sure his behavior had EVERYTHING to do with that drink specifically and not the fact that he was a stupid piece of shit. Correlation doesn't mean causation people.