DJ Mbenga
11-17-2010, 01:52 AM
Prince/ Maxiell

for

Butler/Stevenson/Ajinca

theyd probably rather take peja and throw in another salary releif

sefant77
11-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Not gonna happen, before this they just swap Butler with Jax.

Lukor
11-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Prince/ Maxiell

for

Butler/Stevenson/Ajinca

Is the Prince situation that bad or why would you want to dump him?Butler is not exactly playing great this year.

kamikazi_player
11-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Doesn't make sense for the Mavs. I don't believe trading Butler for Prince is exactly an upgrade unless they want to relieve some of the salary for the future.

Chieflion
11-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Doesn't make sense for the Mavs. I don't believe trading Butler for Prince is exactly an upgrade unless they want to relieve some of the salary for the future.

I believe Butler is expiring this year, anyway, that Maxiell contract for the expirings of Stevenson and Ajinca only makes it a deal that the Pistons would want.

Darrin
11-17-2010, 09:15 AM
I believe Butler is expiring this year, anyway, that Maxiell contract for the expirings of Stevenson and Ajinca only makes it a deal that the Pistons would want.

Yes, getting rid of Maxiell's 5 mil a season would be nice. But things are going to have to be horrible for this team for the deal to happen. Because the Pistons are not choosing the long-term over the short-term--they want to win at both--and the truth is that the Pistons have no one inside. If this team is 5 games within .500 at the deadline, I doubt the Pistons would clear out Maxiell. I know it sounds stupid, but it's a nusance contract, not Chauncey-sized and Dumars is not the GM he used to be.

Jose Canseco
11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Prince and Maxiell for Mark Cuban. Rather have that weirdo as owner than the stupid shit they're going through right now with the team up for sale and non-moves despite being a bad team with bad players and a bad future.

Biggems
11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
the downfall of the Pistons started when they took Darko over Melo.....had they drafted Melo.....I believe they would have owned the East for at least 6 years straight...cause Prince, Billups, Rip, and the Wallaces were all in their primes...

JamStone
11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
the downfall of the Pistons started when they took Darko over Melo.....had they drafted Melo.....I believe they would have owned the East for at least 6 years straight...cause Prince, Billups, Rip, and the Wallaces were all in their primes...

That's certainly true in regards to their downfall for "sustained success." But as far as the hypotheticals go, taking Carmelo doesn't guarantee they still win a championship. Then you have to weigh the pros and cons of the Pistons winning a championship then falling off the grid so far versus having sustained success for much longer but never winning a championship. It's a trade I'll take even having to watch this crap the last couple years and foreseeably the next several.

The problem with the Pistons does not only rest with the many poor personnel decisions Dumars has made over the years. It also rests in the beauty of how he actually built a championship contending team in the first place, without a single superstar. That's what made the 2004 Pistons so special. They did it without a Shaq or Duncan or Kobe. But that's why their run was so impressive to begin with. And that's why their spiraling downfall was so inevitable. There is no team in the history of the NBA that had the same type of sustained (championship or legitimate championship contending) success without having the foundation of an individual superstar to keep them contending year in and year out. Don't tell me that Melo would have been that guy. For that matter, Bosh and Wade wouldn't have done it either.

The sad state of affairs the Pistons are in now is a product of what made the team so special to begin with.

kamikazi_player
11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. This makes it less intriguing for the Mavs to pull off this trade.

Mav-elous Man
11-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Prince/ Maxiell

for

Butler/Stevenson/Ajinca

Good player but I would rather the Mavs look at some other players to trade for first before looking at Prince. But he is definitely on the list.

YoungB
11-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd rather have Caron than Prince and another bad contract

frodo
11-17-2010, 07:36 PM
stevenson has been a solid performer this season. trading him away means even more PT given to JJB. prince would be just another surplus at the SF position since you already have Marion starting there with a couple decent backup options. they need to find a deal to banish marion first IMO.