PDA

View Full Version : Gardenhire wins AL Manager of the Year

Spurminator
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101117&content_id=16127444&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

But at least Dusty Baker lost in the NL. Suck it, Dusty.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Frankly, I think it's about time that Gardenhire won that award. He makes some questionable decisions in October, but whatever he does between April and September seems to work pretty well.

monosylab1k
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
How exactly did Ron Washington not win this? How many cokeheads take their team to the World Series?

Jose Canseco
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Ron Washington probably deserved it more, but Gardenhire has been shafted in previous years before too and not just one other season, multiple seasons where he deserved it. I think it's probably Yankees-Red Sox justification. MLB isn't shafting a manager from Boston or New York, so it's cool to shaft Washington. Gardenhire winning it is long overdue.

FromWayDowntown
11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
How exactly did Ron Washington not win this? How many cokeheads take their team to the World Series?

Washington's team didn't lose its all-star closer before the season started and then its MVP cleanup hitter for good halfway through.

And Gardenhire's team won more games, despite those issues, than Washington's did.

monosylab1k
11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Washington's team didn't lose its all-star closer before the season started and then its MVP cleanup hitter for good halfway through.

And Gardenhire's team won more games, despite those issues, than Washington's did.

Washington's team didn't have an All-Star closer or an MVP cleanup hitter before the season started.

monosylab1k
11-18-2010, 11:21 AM
"Hey Gardenhire, not only is Nathan out for the year, and Morneau gone for half the season, but Mauer is only gonna play like 90 games too. Enjoy.

Oh, also Liriano and Pavano will be dogshit all season and won't even be in your rotation by the end of the year. Enjoy having your best starter be some dude who played in Japan last season. We'll trade for an ace pitcher but he'll be mediocre for the entire regular season. Enjoy.

We also know about you doing cocaine in the offseason, so if you screw anything up at any point in the season, your ass is fired. Not to put any more pressure on you or anything.

One last thing, the team is bankrupt and we can't even afford to buy baseballs for your guys to practice with. And every day for a month you're going to have to hear about a clusterfuck of people throwing lawsuits at each other as they fight for control of the team.

Now go get em slugger!"

:lmao yeah Gardenhire had it so bad compared to Washington.

Spurminator
11-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't really have a problem with Gardenhire winning it but Wash was left off of three ballots altogether, I assume because of the coke.

The Gemini Method
11-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Maybe Ron should've shared his candy...

FromWayDowntown
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Washington's team didn't have an All-Star closer or an MVP cleanup hitter before the season started.

And, yet, by season's end Washington had both -- and still had a record that wasn't as good as Gardenhire's.

Look, I'm not arguing that this was some sort of lay-down win for Gardenhire over Washington; but, given Gardenhire's history and the challenges that he faced this season, to get 94 wins out of his team makes him an understandable choice for the award -- just as Washington would have been.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
11-18-2010, 04:43 PM
And, yet, by season's end Washington had both

So Ron Washington loses points for coaching up his players?

FromWayDowntown
11-18-2010, 05:01 PM
So Ron Washington loses points for coaching up his players?

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
11-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

I don't get it, are you being sarcastic?:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf