PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't the fact that..

Gutter92
11-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Doesn't the fact that almost all of the marsupials are located in Australia sort of disprove the Noah's Arc story? Wouldn't this be evidence of evolution/natural selection? Curious to hear what some of you religious people believe.

Gutter92
11-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Stop.

personally, I'm not religious

the story behind this is in my biology 101 class, we were learning about evolution etc. and theres a really devout christian woman in the class, while our professor is pro-evolution(obviously, it...makes sense), and they had a big argument in class :lol

Nathan Explosion
11-18-2010, 02:17 AM

the story behind this is in my biology 101 class, we were learning about evolution etc. and theres a really devout christian woman in the class, while our professor is pro-evolution(obviously, it...makes sense), and they had a big argument in class :lol

Umm, the island of Madagascar should also point to the whole evolution thing.

But I think he means stop or else Mouse will come in here and jack your thread up. I believe it's Mouse. I usually ignore the evolution threads because I learned quickly that the things spew into pages and pages of nonsense arguing against evolution.

Most Interesting Man
11-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't always participate in spurstalk.com threads, but when I do...I prefer evolution/creation threads.

ChuckD
11-18-2010, 07:58 AM

WTF is she doing in college? Doesn't she know that she is expected to stay home and cook and clean for her man and take care of the kids?

RandomGuy
11-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Doesn't the fact that almost all of the marsupials are located in Australia sort of disprove the Noah's Arc story? Wouldn't this be evidence of evolution/natural selection? Curious to hear what some of you religious people believe.

The usefulness of any theory is in its ability to make accurate predictions.

Isolated groups of species like Australia and oceanic islands are a case in point.

If evolution were real, and there were no arbitrary creator populating isolated oceanic islands (think Hawaii and the thousands of scattered Pacific islands that were never part of any larger land mass), then you would expect certain patterns of plants/animals, i.e. nothing that could not conceivedly fly/float to such an island.

A creator would feel free to place big, heavy trees, animals, and amphibians like frogs on such islands. Large trees tend to have larger seeds, think walnuts for example, that don't travel well over ocean currents. Similarly, your average large ape or antelope ain't gonna swim a few hundred miles.

That would leave plants with small seeds, birds that could fly, and small critters that might float around on jetsam for a while.

Care to guess what kind of pattern of creatures you find on these oceanic islands?

(remember, palm "trees" aren't actually trees)

BlairForceDejuan
11-18-2010, 10:27 AM
They fell off the boat when it passed that location brah. Pretty simple.

baseline bum
11-18-2010, 10:46 AM
The usefulness of any theory is in its ability to make accurate predictions.

Isolated groups of species like Australia and oceanic islands are a case in point.

If evolution were real, and there were no arbitrary creator populating isolated oceanic islands (think Hawaii and the thousands of scattered Pacific islands that were never part of any larger land mass), then you would expect certain patterns of plants/animals, i.e. nothing that could not conceivedly fly/float to such an island.

A creator would feel free to place big, heavy trees, animals, and amphibians like frogs on such islands. Large trees tend to have larger seeds, think walnuts for example, that don't travel well over ocean currents. Similarly, your average large ape or antelope ain't gonna swim a few hundred miles.

That would leave plants with small seeds, birds that could fly, and small critters that might float around on jetsam for a while.

Care to guess what kind of pattern of creatures you find on these oceanic islands?

(remember, palm "trees" aren't actually trees)

JHFXG3r_0B8

bus driver
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
this is some funny shit
JHFXG3r_0B8

CuckingFunt
11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Please, stop.

The Reckoning
11-18-2010, 11:54 AM
did you know opossums are the only marsupials in north america?