PDA

View Full Version : We are CURSED

tlongII
11-17-2010, 11:40 PM
B-Roy has no cartilage left and Oden is having a 2nd microfracture surgery. We passed on Michael Jordan. We passed on Kevin Durant. UNBEAVABLE! :depressed

21_Blessings
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/chris_ballard/11/12/walton/Bill-Walton.jpg

Pelicans78
I'm really sorry T-long, but this team doesn't have to be cursed. Just needs some magic somehow.

IronMexican
This might be the saddest post ever/ tlong, don't do it.

kamikazi_player
11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
So you finally admit it. Never thought I hear tlong regretting on passing KD after hyping up Oden.

CubanMustGo
11-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Non-issue.

Jose Canseco
11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Please trade Nic Batum asap. I really like him as a player and I don't want his career to be cursed. I know he's a small forward, but it's not worth the risk. Trade him for Shaq so that fat ass can retire with a couple ruptured achilles heels or a couple shattered knee caps.

tlongII
11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm still a Blazer fan, but this. This is too much. We were ready to compete for championships and suddenly we have no hope at being more than a playoff team without homecourt advantage for the forseeable future. It's tough for me since I was there when we won our only championship and it's been my dream ever since. It's just one cruel blow after another. Year after year after year after year.

weebo
11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm still a Blazer fan, but this. This is too much. We were ready to compete for championships and suddenly we have no hope at being more than a playoff team without homecourt advantage for the forseeable future. It's tough for me since I was there when we won our only championship and it's been my dream ever since. It's just one cruel blow after another. Year after year after year after year.

:cry

Hooks
11-18-2010, 12:30 AM
fuck the blazers!

tlongII
11-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm okay now. Oden will be back better than ever in 11-12 and the Blazers will win the title!

koriwhat
11-18-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm okay now. Oden will be back better than ever in 11-12 and the Blazers will win the title!

:lol :rollin

Indazone
11-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Oden is made of glass. Hell even I knew this hearing about him breaking his wrist on a slam dunk in high school.

Indazone
11-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Guess he really is as old as he looks

VBM
11-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Portland needs to lure Dikembe Mutombo out of retirement. He'd be just as good as a "prime" Oden IMO

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2010, 01:19 AM
fuck the blazers!

THIS!!!

I remember first week of the season, tlong was talkin alot out of his ass....finally the blazers badluck kicks in

Obstructed_View
11-18-2010, 02:34 AM
There's only one thing keeping me from being completely sad about the Portland situation.

TlongII

:lol

KapitanTutan
11-18-2010, 02:46 AM
tlong was cool. nothing wrong with being obsessed with your team. but when he started announcing that oden will be far better than durant (during oden's 2nd year), i automatically had him on my bullshit list.

angelbelow
11-18-2010, 02:49 AM
There's only one thing keeping me from being completely sad about the Portland situation.

TlongII

:lol

I feel the same way. I think tlong is a big influence to us all.

mystargtr34
11-18-2010, 02:49 AM
That sux... hes one of my favourite players and hes hardly played. He could have been a bigger version of Dwight Howard had he stayed healthy. Even in his limited minutes on the court there was no one more dominant than him defensively and on the boards other than probly Howard.

redzero
11-18-2010, 02:53 AM
http://hostingbytes.us/images/2/3921798.jpg

Killakobe81
11-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Let me say this I warned Tlong about laughing at Bynum's injuries ...bad karma and Blazers cant afford it.

I also mentioned many time sI never saw Blazers as a threat ...brittle players, and nopt a good mix of players.

I told ya Roy has had knee injuries since college. Oden had them in College too. Why would you build your franchise around players that had injury issues (a la Bowie) even BEFORE they got in to the NBA.

usdane
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
The Blazers should just go ahead and fired everybody involved in health and conditioning.

This is beyond bad luck. Somebody is fucking up their players somehow. It is almost criminal neglect.

How the hell can Oden have another serious injury without even playing?

Obstructed_View
11-18-2010, 05:18 AM
tlong was cool. nothing wrong with being obsessed with your team. but when he started announcing that oden will be far better than durant (during oden's 2nd year), i automatically had him on my bullshit list.

Tlong celebrated other team's injuries, and never showed any class to anyone. Karma's a bitch.

TheManFromAcme
11-18-2010, 08:37 AM
For all intents and purposes, Oden is done. I mean REALLY done.
I hope I am wrong and proves us wrong but stick a fork in the poor guy.

Koolaid_Man
11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
B-Roy has no cartilage left and Oden is having a 2nd microfracture surgery. We passed on Michael Jordan. We passed on Kevin Durant. UNBEAVABLE! :depressed

no disrepect tlong...but I told you this shit a long time ago....somewhere...someone...did some really bad things in the Blazer organization and you guys are paying for it...unfortunately....go back and check out whether or not Kevin Duckworth, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter, or Clyde Drexler did anything that would cause this....hell maybe the owner is a pedo...who knows...

rickross
11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
anyone bettin wit me on the fact that oden comes to miami/phx for the mle/lle and revitalizes his career?

LnGrrrR
11-18-2010, 02:28 PM

Sorry man... if it makes you feel any better, Durant would've sucked if you picked him. :lol

LnGrrrR
11-18-2010, 02:30 PM

:lmao That's the Tlong we all know and love!

Iceman101
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Oden is made of glass. Hell even I knew this hearing about him breaking his wrist on a slam dunk in high school.

:lmao Wat the fuck is Yao made of then? Shut the fuck up and stop acting like you know shit, we are 3-8 and your Morey knobslobbing has led to this. The team has NO chemistry because Morey is not trustworthy

Slomo
11-18-2010, 02:51 PM

:tu

But now you know I have to do it.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/old_oden.jpg

Agloco
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Non-issue.

Tlong celebrated other team's injuries, and never showed any class to anyone. Karma's a bitch.

True. schlongII ....it came around.

benefactor
11-18-2010, 03:45 PM
If Portland hadn't been a bunch of faggots during Dariusgate the basketball gods might have lifted their had.

But they were, so enjoy.

Ashy Larry
11-18-2010, 06:14 PM
that old fucker just has arthritis

rickross
11-18-2010, 06:17 PM
with all the respect, the medical team from the blazers should just resign.

Mark in Austin
11-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Is Roys lack of cartilege operable? If so Portland should just throw in the towel this year and get Roy's microfracture out of the way too.

duncan228
11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Courage tlong, courage.

Blazers seem cursed when it comes to big men (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-blazerscurse)
By Anne M. Peterson

With Greg Oden facing yet another knee operation that will keep him off the court for yet another season, Portland Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan confronted the perceived curse that has hung over his oft-injured 7-foot center.

There’s a tendency to grasp for answers why Oden is injury-prone, or why former Blazers Bill Walton or more infamously Sam Bowie were, too. McMillan said the truth is that it’s merely an unfortunate coincidence.

“When things go wrong, we as a society, we all want to find someone to point the finger at, or blame, and sometimes things just happen,” McMillan said. “These injuries, each one of them, they just happened.”

McMillan made the comments during a hastily called a news conference on a stormy Wednesday night to announce that Oden would have microfracture surgery on his left knee.

It was yet another setback for the former No. 1 draft pick, who has played just 82 games since he came into the league in 2007.

Oden’s rookie season was put off by microfracture surgery on his other knee. Then a little more than a month into last season he broke his left kneecap, which also required surgery and has kept him off the court ever since.

Because of his apparent predisposition toward injury, Oden has often been compared to Bowie, fairly or unfairly considered one of the NBA’s biggest draft busts.

The Blazers took the 7-foot-1 Bowie with the No. 2 overall pick, passing on Michael Jordan.

While Bowie played in 76 games his rookie season, averaging 10 points and 8.6 rebounds, he appeared in just 63 games over the next four seasons because of injuries. He missed the entire 1987-88 season and in all he had five operations on his legs.

Then there was Walton, the No. 1 overall draft pick in 1974 who, like Oden, was hailed as a franchise player. But his first two seasons were beset by injury, with a broken nose, leg, foot and wrist.

Walton’s legacy ultimately turned in the 1976-77 season when the Blazers won the NBA championship.

No one has seen enough of Oden to justly call him a bust on the court, which Walton’s story shows. But there are questions about whether he’ll ever live up to the potential he showed when the Blazers drafted him.

Portland selected Oden out of Ohio State over Kevin Durant, who went to the Oklahoma City franchise and has blossomed into one of the NBA’s best players.

Teamed with guard Brandon Roy and forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who were already lifting the Blazers out of the so-called Jail Blazers era, Oden was seen as the final component of a trilogy that would take Portland back to the NBA finals.

Those hopes were dashed when shortly before his rookie season started, the team announced Oden would have microfracture surgery on his right knee.

Oden, always chided about how his mature looks belie his actual age, was still a looming presence that first season, making regular personal appearances and even keeping a popular blog. He even did some campaigning for Barack Obama’s presidential bid.

He showed promise the next season when he played in 61 games, averaging 8.9 points and seven rebounds. But he was at times moody with lofty expectations clearly weighing on him.

He really began to blossom last season when he became a starter and was averaging 11.7 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks.

But then he was hurt in a game against Houston in early December, crashing to the floor with his kneecap visibly contorted.

Now the new injury, which the Blazers insist is not related to the kneecap.

“This is really tough for us to have to sit here and talk about someone like Greg, who doesn’t deserve what’s going on with him because he’s worked his tail off to get to where he’s at to get ready to play basketball,” Blazers trainer Jay Jensen said, at times pausing to regain his composure.

Oden, who could not immediately be reached for comment, will undergo the microfracture surgery on Friday at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colo.

McMillan said he spoke to Oden on Wednesday.

“As I’ve talked to him, it is a challenge, and we all are faced with different challenges throughout our lives. He’s just unfortunate to have situations over the last few years that haven’t been good,” McMillan said. “He has to stay positive, he has to keep believing, he has to keep working to get back on the floor. The main thing is he has to stay positive.”

It is unclear whether Oden will ever play for the Blazers again.

The team decided late last month not to extend his rookie contract. That means that on July 1 Oden will become a restricted free agent and he can deal with other teams, but Portland will have the right to match any offers.

There is an argument that even as a backup, Oden’s size and the skills he has been able to show make him a commodity. Then again, it’s difficult to return from even one microfracture surgery, and Oden will have had two.

Denver forward Kenyon Martin is the only NBA player to return from the procedure on both knees.

For the time being, Oden’s injury was still sinking in with both his team and its faithful fans. “Oden” was a trending topic on Twitter on Thursday.

Reid Bamford, a Blazers fan from Beaverton, Ore., said he doesn’t blame the team for selecting Oden over Durant, and he doesn’t necessarily buy into the whole curse thing. “Disappointment,” was his one-word summation.

“Structurally, he’s got a problem,” Bamford said. “I don’t think those legs can hold up to the weight of his body.”

The front page of the Blazers’ official website on Thursday splashed the word “Courage.” It went on to say: “The courage for us to not give up. The courage for us to not give in. The courage for us to stand together.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-blazerscurse

pauls931
11-18-2010, 07:41 PM

Try being a suns fan.

Dex
11-18-2010, 08:04 PM
HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS — Greg Oden‘s season is over in Portland.

It might be time for the whole experiment to come to an end.

The news came late Wednesday night via Twitter first (where else would it come from these days?). Another microfracture surgery scheduled for Friday morning, it ought to be the 13th for Trail Blazers fans, Oden and the organization that cheered his arrival four years ago like the championship banner was strictly a matter of when and not if.

We’re talking about a 22-year-old behemoth with three season-ending knee surgeries in four years people — THREE in FOUR YEARS. Let that marinate for a second and then realize what a devastating blow this has to be to all involved.

The recovery time for microfracture surgery is anywhere from six to 12 months. That means Oden’s next step might not come until January of 2012 or later. He’s done in Portland. And I know the organization will stick by him through his rehabilitation, as they should. But beyond that, they owe him nothing.

They’ve paid him close to $20 million for a grand total of 82 games of actual work. The rest of the time he’s spent in the training and operating room. That’s just the facts.

If you invest $20 million in a project in the business world and it goes awry, you don’t keep pouring money into the project. You cut your losses and move on to the next venture.

Oden will get another shot at this. If Michael Olowokandi, Kwame Brown and Darko Milicic all got second, third and even fourth chances, Oden will play basketball for someone in the NBA if he wants to. That much is up to him.

But the Trail Blazers have to move on. Trying to patch up the gentle giant and march him out there in those Rip City colors one more time is a scene we have no interest in viewing.

The organization has done this before. They’ve moved on from the pain and disappointment of a 7-foot savior (Sam Bowie) that couldn’t stay healthy long enough to come to their rescue. John Canzano of the Oregonian explains:

When the Blazers eventually gave up on Bowie all those years ago, and decided to move forward by trading the oft-injured center to New Jersey, they weren’t simply giving up. They were announcing that they were going to battle through the adversity and attempt to do what the rest of the high-level competition in the league does.

The player they got in return: Buck Williams.

Think on that today. Because it was Williams who became an anchor on a team that played in two NBA Finals. And the Blazers picked themselves up and moved forward instead of wallowing in their misery.

Maybe it’s fitting that the marketing people at One Center Court shifted the message earlier this week. Gone was the “Rise With Us,” stuff and in its place was a single, six-letter word that should be plastered across the minds of everyone in this city today.

It is this: Battle.

There are things worth fighting for in life. The love of your life. Your children. Your home. Men do courageous and righteous things in the name of honor – and they should. And so there is an opportunity just below the surface in this Oden mess.

I’m not sure that a Paul Allen-owned team will ever win a championship. But I’m convinced that what needs to be done here is obvious. Enough sitting around, waiting for Brandon Roy to be healthy and for Oden to make a miracle recovery.

It’s time to battle, not on the court, but in the front office via trade and free agency, where the Blazers have been a non-factor. It’s Cho-time. And it’s high time Allen proved that he’s willing to do what he needs to do to make the organization whole again.

This Oden thing is done. Close the door. But I’m hopeful the Blazers know what needs to be done next.

If the Blazers don’t know, we’ll help.

It’s time to move on.

For the sake of Oden, the organization and the fans, it’s time to move on.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/11/18/odens-next-step/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2010, 01:32 AM
:tu

But now you know I have to do it.

He has gray hair already...if he dyes the rest of his sides gray he can be the black paulie walnuts

Kai
11-19-2010, 02:59 AM
:lmao Wat the fuck is Yao made of then? Shut the fuck up and stop acting like you know shit, we are 3-8 and your Morey knobslobbing has led to this. The team has NO chemistry because Morey is not trustworthy

Way to stay on topic Bro.

FkLA
11-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Guys like Kmart and McDyess have been able to come back and produce after seemingly being chronically injured...so I dont think Oden's career should be written off. Shit look at Grant Hill although he had ankle problems he was out for like 4 yrs with injuries.

He probably wont be a superstar but he can be a double double guy I think. I wouldnt mind if the Spurs picked him up in the off-season.

Leonard Curse
11-19-2010, 04:34 AM
most teams that get cursed have had something built over sacred areas anything involving something like that will cause your team to get cursed, especially if the owner is not a Godly man which most are not because their greedy people, look up the owner or previous owners and where theyve built blazers arenas, theres probably something there.

Yorae
11-19-2010, 05:56 AM
I've heard that roy's knees are fucked too? What's up with blazers man? Me feels very bad mojo from there...

Slomo
11-19-2010, 07:06 AM
He has gray hair already...if he dyes the rest of his sides gray he can be the black paulie walnuts

In reality it's not so bad.

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/dump/oden.jpg

Capt Bringdown
11-19-2010, 10:18 AM
We passed on Michael Jordan. We passed on Kevin Durant. UNBEAVABLE! :depressed

Don't forget about Larue Martin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaRue_Martin).

Larue Martin was taken first overall by the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Portland Trail Blazers in 1972, drafted ahead of future Hall of Famers Bob McAdoo and Julius Erving.[1] Martin has been cited as the worst first overall draft pick in NBA history.[1]

Sorry Blazer fans, y'all have been victimized by the worst FO decisions in NBA history. Nobody deserves this.

Passing on Dr J and Jordan...words are inadequate.

Chomag
11-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Guys like Kmart and McDyess have been able to come back and produce after seemingly being chronically injured...so I dont think Oden's career should be written off. Shit look at Grant Hill although he had ankle problems he was out for like 4 yrs with injuries.

He probably wont be a superstar but he can be a double double guy I think. I wouldnt mind if the Spurs picked him up in the off-season.

This, as long as the thought of Oden being a superstar is out of everyones minds he may prove to be a pretty good role player to have on a team.

For him beign a main Starter that should not even be in his mind. His body just wont stand up to that kind of pressure but as a back up role player he wont have to have so much wear and tear.

Mike-in-brazil
11-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Man 1984 nba draft had...Barkley, Jordan,Olajuwan
and yall pick bowie?
pass Durant up in 2007
man I'm sorry fam, but dayum..
this aint new with the portland..they need to work on the decision making up there or something..dayum

shit even 16th pick Stockton is now a hall of famer lol

84 was a decent class ....btw