PDA

View Full Version : I GUARANTEE you, the Hornets will not make it out of the 1st round....

BUMP
11-17-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm not hating or whining (like some other sissy cuckold who won't be named) but I have seen enough of the Hornets to know that this team will not make it out of the 1st round. They played a good game tonight, but absolutely no depth will kill this team like the 2007 team where Byron Scott abused the PnR with West and Paul to rack up a bunch of regular season wins.

Paul, West, and Ariza are a nice big 3 but after that? Is Willie Green gonna be relied upon to make jumpers in the playoffs? Jason Smith? Jerryd Bayless? Marco Bellinelli? Peja "the contract cuckold, 2002 playoff airball" Stojakovic? All those guys hit big shots tonight. Won't happen in the playoffs.

And per the usual, once I'm right, I'll bump this thread in April and be the obnoxious dick that I normally am.

IronMexican
11-17-2010, 11:51 PM
:cry

Pelicans78
11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
You might be right, but the bench isn't the problem. It's just Bayless. Honestly, Thornton would give the bench a big time scorer, but Monty isn't high on his defense so he's playing Bayless and Green instead in the backcourt. Peja and Smith are playing well overall, but the team needs to find a backup center.

The problem in the starting rotation in my opinion may be West himself. The team becomes stagnant offensively when they try to force feed him. He needs to play smarter and pass the ball more when he doesn't have an open shot.

Okafor has been excellent this season, especially defensively. He's a keeper.

Ariza has been excellent defensively as well. Offense will always be average.

Belinelli has been a great addition. He's the best shooting guard Paul has ever played with. He's an excellent shooter, good ball-handler, passer, and defender.

Really, its safe to say West may be the weak link due to his size as a PF. If he's not scoring at a high level, he becomes a liability at times.

redzero
11-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Nobody will remember this thread in April, partially because nobody takes your posts seriously.

I doubt that you even care either way.

milkshakeballa
11-17-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm not hating or whining (like some other sissy cuckold who won't be named) but I have seen enough of the Hornets to know that this team will not make it out of the 1st round. They played a good game tonight, but absolutely no depth will kill this team like the 2007 team where Byron Scott abused the PnR with West and Paul to rack up a bunch of regular season wins.

Paul, West, and Ariza are a nice big 3 but after that? Is Willie Green gonna be relied upon to make jumpers in the playoffs? Jason Smith? Jerryd Bayless? Marco Bellinelli? Peja "the contract cuckold, 2002 playoff airball" Stojakovic? All those guys hit big shots tonight. Won't happen in the playoffs.

And per the usual, once I'm right, I'll bump this thread in April and be the obnoxious dick that I normally am.

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom//img/2010/05/28/sunsbrooklopezgif_20100528102802_0_0.GIF

milkshakeballa
11-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Nobody will remember this thread in April, partially because nobody takes your posts seriously.

http://i.imgur.com/otFMd.gif

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:14 AM
you're not so good with guarantees bump, don't do it again :(

BanditHiro
11-18-2010, 12:15 AM

greatest of all time?

#41 Shoot Em Up
11-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Bump is an idiot, the Hornets are a good team. Please I hope no Mavs fans start crying about this loss like that faggot BR did after Mondays game

redzero
11-18-2010, 12:21 AM
greatest of all time?

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/168911-1/Sheep_eating2.gif

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Bump is an idiot, the Hornets are a good team. Please I hope no Mavs fans start crying about this loss like that faggot BR did after Mondays game
stfu faggot, go suck koriwhat's dick homo

frodo
11-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Hornets will not make the 1st round, unless they get some luck to get the 2nd seed and play a band of chokers in the 1st round.

BRHornet45
11-18-2010, 12:25 AM
At least Hornets are moving up in Mav fans view ... first it was they won't win 45 games, now its first round of playoffs, next will be getting past the Lakers in the WC finals

frodo
11-18-2010, 12:32 AM
I never thought we could upset the no.1 seed until our team actually did it. you should never underestimate the chokers' abilities to choke.

Amarelooms
11-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Son I for one am not convinced they will make the playoffs...hell the Mavs aren't guaranteed to make it either...one injury and whole season can be changed. Calm down sons

:elephant

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:47 AM
you're not so good with guarantees bump, don't do it again :(

sons, that other thread wasn't a guarantee. I said IF Dallas loses. That was one of my 2-3 attention whore threads a year that I make, where I guarantee I won't post ever again. In fact I usually do it in games where we have little chance of winning just so I can keep posting right off the bat and look like a douchebag :lol

I didn't think we were gonna beat the best regular season team of all time 2 games in a row, tbh

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2010, 01:09 AM

:wow:wow

pookenstein
11-18-2010, 03:17 AM

:lmao

The Gemini Method
11-18-2010, 06:38 AM

Who cares about the rest of the content of this thread when you have livestock gifs that win forever like this here sheep!

sribb43
11-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Well neither will the Mavs unless both teams play each other

ohmwrecker
11-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Milkshake's sidepiece.

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Well neither will the Mavs unless both teams play each other

Maybe not, but no Mavfans here are claiming that this year's team is anything special. I'm really impressed with the defense and I think it could carry us to the WCF where we lose in 5 to the Lakeshow, but RC's mancrush on JJ Barea in the 4th quarter plus this franchise's history of shitting the bed at the most inopportune times means that a first round sweep is just as likely.

Giuseppe
11-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Only thing different from this year's & year's past is this Chandler fellow. He's got a keen professionalism that is missing from your rank & file. He isn't rattled like the rest. Your coach should work him in on the offensive end on the low block, not at that corner three block:rolleyes This lob thing is a crowd pleaser, cute & quaint, but, it's fool's gold. It will not be there in the playoffs.

Work him in slowly and take some load off Dirk so that when the Spring comes it's diversified and you're not finding yourself reliving all the disasters past. You can't do the same failed strategy over & over and expect a different & positive result, Mav's people.

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Only thing different from this year's & year's past is this Chandler fellow. He's got a keen professionalism that is missing from your rank & file. He isn't rattled like the rest. Your coach should work him in on the offensive end on the low block, not at that corner three block:rolleyes This lob thing is a crowd pleaser, cute & quaint, but, it's fool's gold. It will not be there in the playoffs.

Agree with all that you said here. Chandler does bring some toughness to this team which is something they've lacked forever. I would say he's adequate in the low block but he's never been a great low post scorer and he's not gonna turn into one now. So there's not much you can do there. If Dallas is gonna make a deep run (as in make it to the WCF and lose in 5 to LA) it's gonna be defense and Dirk on offense with somebody hopefully making timely shots (hopefully 06 Jet or Butler).

You can't do the same failed strategy over & over and expect a different & positive result, Mav's people.

That's my whole point. This is the best team we've had since 06 but I've seen so many years of us shitting the bed or running into a "buzzsaw" (lol Donnie Nelson) in the 1st round to really expect anything different.

Double-Up
11-18-2010, 12:27 PM
The Hornets are like the healthy Rockets of past years, they will overachieve and get bounced out of the 1st round because Chris Fall is the only star on their team. So yea I guess I agree with the OP.

ALVAREZ6
11-18-2010, 12:28 PM
in response to the thread title, neither will the Mavericks :lol :lol :lol

Would be great if they catch the Spurs again in the first round, Cuban would enter the series confident and cocky to the media, but he'll also be up late at night crying over the misfortune. Dirk would probably retire earlier than planned too because he'd realize he's never winning anything, or he'll accept a minimum contract with the Miami bandwagon.

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Being a fan of the Mavericks is like an endless cycle of thinking Charlie Brown will finally kick the football.

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:29 PM
in response to the thread title, neither will the Mavericks :lol :lol :lol

Would be great if they catch the Spurs again in the first round, Cuban would enter the series confident and cocky to the media, but he'll also be up late at night crying over the misfortune. Dirk would probably retire earlier than planned too because he'd realize he's never winning anything, or he'll accept a minimum contract with the Miami bandwagon.

SpurFan missing the point entirely, per the usual, par the course :tu

clambake
11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Maybe not, but no Mavfans here are claiming that this year's team is anything special. I'm really impressed with the defense and I think it could carry us to the WCF where we lose in 5 to the Lakeshow, but RC's mancrush on JJ Barea in the 4th quarter plus this franchise's history of shitting the bed at the most inopportune times means that a first round sweep is just as likely.

thats bullshit! right here, right now, rodddddy will rip the league to shreds!
:cheer:cheer:cheer

ohmwrecker
11-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I'd like to see the Hornets play the Jazz in the first round 4/5 match up.

ALVAREZ6
11-18-2010, 12:33 PM
SpurFan missing the point entirely, per the usual, par the course :tu

Missing the point....or adding to the thread?

Since when does every thread created maintain it's original focus? I added a little side not. And yes I agree, like I've said in other threads, the Hornets aren't doing anything regardless of what they do in the regular season. Then again, everybody already knows this, at least everybody who knows anything about anything.

DeadlyDynasty
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see the Hornets play the Jazz in the first round 4/5 match up.

Who wouldn't? We've been waiting to put the CP3-D-Will argument to rest for a few years now.:lol

Mavs and Hornets are both a lot better than anyone thought. Hope they keep it up and battle in the WCSF

Giuseppe
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
That's my whole point. This is the best team we've had since 06 but I've seen so many years of us shitting the bed or running into a "buzzsaw" (lol Donnie Nelson) in the 1st round to really expect anything different.

And except for Chandler it's the same team.

I do like Barea, but, must admit he just fell apart last night late. It was alarming to bear witness. It was almost like you wanted to close your eyes it was so blatant. If he can't stand the gaffe in November, it'll never work in May. You can't wait on Beaubois and expect him to take your there either, so don't even think about it.

There's a void, and it ain't goin' away.

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
at least everybody who knows anything about anything.

tbh, imo I guess all it takes is 1 semester of college, tbh, fwiw

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:45 PM
And except for Chandler it's the same team.
I do like Barea, but, must admit he just fell apart last night late. It was alarming to bear witness. It was almost like you wanted to close your eyes it was so blatant. If he can't stand the gaffe in November, it'll never work in May. You can't wait on Beaubois and expect him to take your there either, so don't even think about it.

There's a void, and it ain't goin' away.

How so? You say you like him, and then state the clear reason why we all hate him. :lmao

And fwiw, he pretty much falls apart every night. Even game 7 Kobe laughs at Barea's shooting efficiency. If you guys sent Farmar to the tree of woe every night, I couldn't imagine what you would do to Barea.

BUMP
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Also, tbh, imho, I've already stated numerous times that there's a void as you call it. Our window is a 2-6 seed with anything between a first round sweep to losing in 5 to LA in the WCF. Anything better or worse than that window for this team will require multiple significant injuries to varying teams.

Kwame Brown
11-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Since when does every thread created maintain it's original focus? I added a little side not. And yes I agree, like I've said in other threads, the Hornets aren't doing anything regardless of what they do in the regular season. Then again, everybody already knows this, at least everybody who knows anything about anything.

Be more specific in what you're bashing at douche bag, cus I haven't posted too much the last few days and it seems out of nowhere you decided to attack me on the visitors message..just out of nowhere you thought of me and decided why not?

Nice, douche bag. Does trolling bring you a lot of joy?

Oh yeah, you're wrong about pretty much everything you said, as it's not my first semester and I don't believe I have the whole world figured out. At least I like to think though.

And by saying you remember when you were "young and fucking retarded"...that statement, if true, means the difference between me and you is time. So, it would be the equivalent of making fun of a baby for not knowing how to add/subtract, even though such a thing would be completely irrational.
Fortunately it's irrelevant because I'm probably smarter than you were/are now.

Giuseppe
11-18-2010, 01:37 PM
How so? You say you like him, and then state the clear reason why we all hate him. :lmao

And fwiw, he pretty much falls apart every night. Even game 7 Kobe laughs at Barea's shooting efficiency. If you guys sent Farmar to the tree of woe every night, I couldn't imagine what you would do to Barea.

The abrupt change in Barea's performance was startling. I couldn't believe it was the same player. I almost felt sorry for him last night. He was a tortured soul out there.

You knew, now we both know that he can't finish. That doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater. He can still function and impact in a positive frame, just not late.

Shank
11-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Also, tbh, imho.

I'm so confused.

Roddy Beaubois
11-18-2010, 04:05 PM

Added a little bit about the Spurs, per the usual for spurfans.

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I disagree about the Mavs ceiling..they're 1 good Caron Butler expiring contract trade away from being a contender..

They just really need to find a way to get a legit wing scorer that can get inside the paint..

BUMP
11-30-2010, 03:05 AM
looks like the collapse started months earlier then i predicted

tbh, imho, fwiw, ibtl, aimca, ya

TE
11-30-2010, 03:17 AM
looks like the collapse started months earlier then i predicted

tbh, imho, fwiw, ibtl, aimca, ya

we all saw it coming.