PDA

View Full Version : Yep, He's a Democrat.

Yonivore
11-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Sen. Rockefeller: FCC Should Take FOX News, MSNBC Off Airwaves (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/11/17/sen_rockefeller_fcc_should_take_fox_news_msnbc_off _airwaves.html)

SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER (D-WV): "There's a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to FOX and to MSNBC: 'Out. Off. End. Goodbye.' It would be a big favor to political discourse; our ability to do our work here in Congress, and to the American people, to be able to talk with each other and have some faith in their government and more importantly, in their future."

"...ability to do our work..."

Indeed.

boutons_deux
11-18-2010, 08:20 AM
another false equivalence: MSNBC and Fox Repug Network are not mirror images.

Wild Cobra
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Freedom... Democrat style. No free speech for those who disagree with them.

ElNono
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Please tell us one more time what you would do if you had absolute power...

Wild Cobra
11-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, I wouldn't try to curtail free speech like that.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Please tell us one more time what you would do if you had absolute power...:lmao

ChumpDumper
11-19-2010, 03:33 PM
And yoni, impulse is not action -- e.g., when you want to shoot a black man because he yells at you at a gas station, that doesn't mean you are actually going to do it.

ElNono
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Well, I wouldn't try to curtail free speech like that.

Unless it's unions we're talking about...

boutons_deux
11-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Fox gave $40M to Repugs this campaign,

How many $Ms did MSNBC give to Dems?

btw, MSNBC is being taken over by a guy who raised funds for Repugs, so expect Rachel and Keith to be cancelled at first opportunity.

MannyIsGod
11-19-2010, 04:45 PM

Dude ElNono owns WC on this subject so fucking hard.

TeyshaBlue
11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Fox gave $40M to Repugs this campaign,

How many $Ms did MSNBC give to Dems?

btw, MSNBC is being taken over by a guy who raised funds for Repugs, so expect Rachel and Keith to be cancelled at first opportunity.

I thought you claimed earlier that MSNBC did not = Fox.

I guess they don't until, of course, they do. Make up your minds, boutonski.:rolleyes

DMX7
11-19-2010, 05:44 PM
lol repugs

boutons_deux
11-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought you claimed earlier that MSNBC did not = Fox.

I guess they don't until, of course, they do. Make up your minds, boutonski.:rolleyes

My crystal-clear mind is made up:

MSNBC pretends to be news organization while Fox Repug Propaganda newtork pretends to be nothing more than a political arm of the VRWC.

So, how many $Ms did MSNBC give to Dems?

TeyshaBlue
11-19-2010, 05:51 PM
My crystal-clear mind is made up:

MSNBC pretends to be news organization while Fox Repug Propaganda newtork pretends to be nothing more than a political arm of the VRWC.

So, how many $Ms did MSNBC give to Dems?

I dunno. Demonstrate some brilliance. Enlighten me, boutonski.

While your at it, Tally up home much Fox gave to the Dems as well, then go look at ABC, NBC, CBS etc. When you have a big, crystal clear picture, get back to us.

TeyshaBlue
11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
A little help here:

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/08/news-corps-million-dollar-donation.html

Nbadan
11-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Faux News gives millions, maybe billions in unpaid policy advocacy to wing-nut politicians...the real problem though is 527's and the Robert's Supreme Court ruling giving corporations more power than people....

Winehole23
11-20-2010, 05:10 AM
maybe billions? nite.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Unless it's unions we're talking about...
There is a concern about unions using members money for any political purpose. I don't recall bringing that up though. Maybe unions should have two rates. A basic rate for protecting the employees rights and for bargaining purposes, and a higher rate for those who with to also pay for political contributions. In states that you are required to pay union dues to work that particular job, it can be said unconstitutional to spend the union dues of those for that purpose. Unions have about the same mix of political ideals among their members as the general populous. many people hate the fact that so much of their dues support politicians they don't like. At least my union dues are half the norm or less, and they don't contribute to political purposes. It does make it more palatable.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Dude ElNono owns WC on this subject so fucking hard.
My Dog... You're real dumb to believe that.

Yonivore
11-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Faux News gives millions, maybe billions in unpaid policy advocacy to wing-nut politicians...the real problem though is 527's and the Robert's Supreme Court ruling giving corporations more power than people....
Corporations don't vote, people do.

Yonivore
11-20-2010, 02:18 PM
That new piracy law that flew through committee this week will probably shut down the SpursTalk.com domain if some idiot posts an Associate Press piece...or some other copyright-protected piece of intellectual property.

I find it amazing how much the Liberals whined about the previous administration trashing the Constitution eroding our rights over things it did to non-citizen, enemy combatants. But, you will all bend over and let Obama fuck you in the ass.

They're coming for your internet fools.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2010, 04:27 PM
That new piracy law that flew through committee this week will probably shut down the SpursTalk.com domain if some idiot posts an Associate Press piece...or some other copyright-protected piece of intellectual property.

I find it amazing how much the Liberals whined about the previous administration trashing the Constitution eroding our rights over things it did to non-citizen, enemy combatants. But, you will all bend over and let Obama fuck you in the ass.

They're coming for your internet fools.Which Republicans are in favor of copyright infringement, yoni?

ElNono
11-20-2010, 06:29 PM
There is a concern about unions using members money for any political purpose. I don't recall bringing that up though.

You said you would ban unions outright. I can go look up the quote if you want.
You can try to rationalize it any way you want, but if that's not curtailing free speech among other things...

ElNono
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM

What's the political composition of that committee, yoni? And how did they all vote?

ElNono
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Besides, Democrats have been married to Hollywood money for a long time now. No surprises there. Republicans are not far back though.

Wild Cobra
11-21-2010, 12:51 PM

They're coming for your internet fools.
Yep.

They will target any site that allows a quote from a democrat that said something he shouldn't of I bet.

Wild Cobra
11-21-2010, 12:59 PM
You said you would ban unions outright. I can go look up the quote if you want.
You can try to rationalize it any way you want, but if that's not curtailing free speech among other things...
Where did I say that?

I don't recall my wording, but I never meant "all unions." Your interpretation is an outright lie. I said as they have become today, and government employee unions. That is not all unions.

Please find the quote. You will see you are reading me wrong, like normal.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Yep.

They will target any site that allows a quote from a democrat that said something he shouldn't of I bet.Which Republicans support copyright infringement?