PDA

View Full Version : Coach Spo...has gotta go

jimbo
11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Erik Spoelstra: Our team? Yeah, they’d be pretty spectacular offensively. But I wouldn’t even know how to coach them. But I’m sure our guys could get up and down in at least seven seconds or less … See I can’t even reinvent myself or the Miami Heat philosophy or fabric. That would be a little bit too much of a stretch for me. We spend so much time on our defense and we feel it’s important to be a championship contender and to be a championship defense. That takes a lot of time, a lot of sweat and practice time.

When is Pat Riley coming in again?

Xylus
11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
When is Pat Riley coming in again?

Quote is taken out of context. He's saying he wouldn't know how to coach a 7SOL offense effectively.

TheManFromAcme
11-18-2010, 02:07 PM
:sleep

hater
11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Heat's Bosh says Spoelstra wants to work, players want to chill

Sporting News
Chris Bosh had a breakout game for the Heat Wednesday night, dropping 35 points on 12-for-17 shooting in a blowout win against the Suns, but his postgame comments about coach Erik Spoelstra may be generating as much buzz today as his on-court performance.
“The practice — we got back to getting after it again I guess he felt that he was loosening up just a little bit too much,” Bosh said of Spoelstra. “And he knows that he has to meet us halfway. He wants to work. We want to chill. But we’s going to have work to get everything down, and get our timing down, and get our chemistry down.” :lmao
That was Bosh’s response to ESPN’s Heather Cox asking, “Coach Spoelstra said over the last three days it’s been like training camp, really taken you guys back to the beginning. What was the biggest message he sent during those three days of hard practices?”
ProBasketballTalk predicts the Internet will be “lighting up right ... with people saying that a key player on a team led by Jordan or Kobe would never say anything like what Bosh said after tonight’s game. Oh, Chris Bosh. You were so close to having a night off from being criticized.”
Here’s a sampling of what’s being said around the web:
The Palm Beach Post’s Ethan J. Skolnick, who has been covering the team on and off for 15 years, writes, “The Heat has had more off days early in the season than any team that I can remember. Spoelstra gave everyone [Thursday] off, and it’s likely that the team will be off Sunday as well. [Tuesday’s] practice, which at two hours was long by this season’s standards, was nothing compared to what Pat Riley sometimes put his teams through.”
The Larry Brown Sports blog writes, “You think you would ever hear that coming from the Celtics or Lakers locker room? I can’t even believe some of the stuff that comes out of this guy’s mouth. It seems pretty obvious that he wasn’t ready for the big time. Maybe he’ll be adjusted in a few months, but things have been difficult to start the year.”
Black Sports Online: “Wow, a head coach who wants his multi-millioniare players to actually work in practice, what in the world was Spoelstra thinking?"
Hawks announcer Bob Rathbun tweets, “Heart of a champion!”
This is not the first time one of the Heat’s Big Three has made a statement that has hinted at some disagreement between Spoelstra and his players. LeBron James, after last Thursday night’s loss to the Celtics, said of his playing time, "For myself, 44 minutes is too much. I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2010-10/heat-watch/story/heats-bosh-says-spoelstra-wants-to-work-players-want-to-chill#ixzz15f9Cvwz6

lefty
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
What a bunch of pussies

Slydragon
11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Apparently Bosh took the comment everyone made in the off season "just give them the trophy now" a bit to seriously.

Ashy Larry
11-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Inmates running the prison. Look for Warden Riley to take over......

peskypesky
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM
no rings for Miami with an attitude like that. just saying.

Red Hawk #21
11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I feel bad for Spolestra at this point, they're gunna get this guy replaced or fired pretty soon.

LkrFan
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
RuPaul, you play for the Hype, not EPMD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGisre9xNU)

:lol
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGisre9xNU)

FkLA
11-18-2010, 10:43 PM
is rupaul serious? i mean who in their right mind just says they wants to chill, thats beyond fucking retarded.

spo should run his ass to death next practice and continue having the training camp style practices, if he gets fired for not accommodating to these prima donnas so be it...atleast he'll leave with his dignity.

Spursmania
11-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Really Bosh?:lol

Xevious
11-19-2010, 04:19 AM
I never had a problem with any of these guys before this season, but whatever respect I had for them is gone. It just seems like James and Bosh are telling their coach through the media that they are running this team, and he better start doing what they want. Like Jeff Van Gundy said the other night, keep your mouth shut and do what your coach tells you to do.

Agloco
11-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I feel bad for Spolestra at this point, they're gunna get this guy replaced or fired pretty soon.

This was a foregone conclusion before the season started. It's Rileys pattern, and a smart one at that:

Let the current coach take the "Heat" for sub-par performance while new pieces get acclimated. Fire coach citing "sub-par" performances. Insert yourself and take credit for everything turning around.

He'll probably get another LOB out of it eventually too.

Banzai
11-19-2010, 11:16 AM
˙ʎɐp sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ ƃuıɥɔɐoɔ ǝq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ʎlqɐqoɹd sı ʎǝlıɹ