PDA

View Full Version : Mvp?

Blake
11-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Who is the clear MVP right now?

Phillip
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
If all teams pretty much continue on course with what they have been doing so far, I'd say it would be between Vick, Manning, and McFadden.

Vick obviously has been an absolute beast, and would most likely win it. Can't even begin describe how amazing his transformation has been from an underacheiving QB, to prisoner, then to the deadliest weapon in the NFL. He turned an Eagles team that most people thought would blow ass, into Super Bowl favorites out of the NFC.

Manning constantly produces more with less help than most, if not all other QBs in the league. The guy is just amazing in how he leads teams and makes shit talent look great.

McFadden has been one of the biggest reasons Oakland is in contention to win the division and make the playoffs, and if they do, most definitely he will be getting a good chunk of votes. He is playing at a higher level than any RB in the NFL, and doing so with a passing game that has been inconsistent at best, although clearly improving thanks to his presence.

Dr. Gonzo
11-18-2010, 04:10 PM
My vote goes to Chad Henne for being a flawless QB.

Blake
11-18-2010, 05:30 PM
My vote goes to Chad Henne for being a flawless QB.

Henne had 7 flawless victories last year

Jawlinedo Cockman
11-18-2010, 05:33 PM
My first thought was a three way tie between Bess, Marshall, and Henne, however you only made this one choice only.

Hmmmm....this choice is about as tough as my dream guy's jawline. I guess I'll go with Henne the quuarterback

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-18-2010, 05:36 PM
If you're going to have Lloyd, then you have to add Roddy.

And DMac will probably get as many MVP votes as I'm going to get.

Right now, I'd probably vote Rivers.

Blake
11-18-2010, 05:37 PM
If all teams pretty much continue on course with what they have been doing so far, I'd say it would be between Vick, Manning, and McFadden.

Vick obviously has been an absolute beast, and would most likely win it. Can't even begin describe how amazing his transformation has been from an underacheiving QB, to prisoner, then to the deadliest weapon in the NFL. He turned an Eagles team that most people thought would blow ass, into Super Bowl favorites out of the NFC.

Manning constantly produces more with less help than most, if not all other QBs in the league. The guy is just amazing in how he leads teams and makes shit talent look great.

McFadden has been one of the biggest reasons Oakland is in contention to win the division and make the playoffs, and if they do, most definitely he will be getting a good chunk of votes. He is playing at a higher level than any RB in the NFL, and doing so with a passing game that has been inconsistent at best, although clearly improving thanks to his presence.

If Vick 5 or 6 games like he did last night, I would think he gets it, but I don't know that he can in the NFC East.

The only knock is that he's barely thrown more than half the passes of the league leaders.

I think Manning squeezes out another trophy in the end.

I forgot to add Tom Brady in there. To be fair, he's a legit candidate even if he used Beeber's stylist.

11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
And Foster would be my OPOY.

Phillip
11-18-2010, 05:53 PM
If Vick 5 or 6 games like he did last night, I would think he gets it, but I don't know that he can in the NFC East.

The only knock is that he's barely thrown more than half the passes of the league leaders.

I think Manning squeezes out another trophy in the end.

I forgot to add Tom Brady in there. To be fair, he's a legit candidate even if he used Beeber's stylist.

I think Vick missing games in a sense could work for him, because of the fact that when he has been out, the Eagles sucked dick, while when he is in there, they look like monsters. But more than likely, it will work against him.

Peyton definitely has a great shot at another one though.

Brady definitely deserves to be considered as well.

Phillip
11-18-2010, 05:56 PM

D-Mac turned a team that has lost 11 games in 7 consecutive years, that has consistently had a shit offense, into a top 10 offense (2nd in rushing) and a possible playoff contender.

Rivers on the other hand has consistently had an extremely talented team that underachieves, and now while he is having a monster year, and definitely deserves to be considered for this honor, his team is 4-5 and behind the Raiders. Yet somehow he should be the winner, while McFadden deserves no votes?

Yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes. And this is coming from someone who is actually a big Rivers fan.

11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Probably, as in at the end of the year.

And if you're going to go with perennial bad teams that are possible playoff contenders and attribute it to one guy, I'd go Freeman over DMac.

Roddy Beaubois
11-18-2010, 06:05 PM
IM, with the goods.

11-18-2010, 06:13 PM
And I voted Rivers as the favorite for the rest of the way. Manning, Brady and Vick are right there with him, though.

And if you're going to vote MVP for the first half of the season, shouldn't a guy like Matthews get consideration? It's been pretty amazing what they've been able with the amount of injuries on the defensive side of the ball and he's a big reason why.

vander
11-18-2010, 07:55 PM
If you're going to have Lloyd, then you have to add Roddy.

shouldn't the team be good though?

and I think in all of the Chargers losses, Rivers & Co. had a chance to take the lead in the 4th quarter,

JMarkJohns
11-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Kurt Warner, as the Cardinals are crap without him... he's most valuable hahahah...

Hard to argue against Vick's production thus far.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-18-2010, 10:40 PM
If Darren McFadden receives any MVP votes, I think it's time to do away with the award for good

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-18-2010, 10:42 PM
D-Mac turned a team that has lost 11 games in 7 consecutive years, that has consistently had a shit offense, into a top 10 offense (2nd in rushing) and a possible playoff contender.

Rivers on the other hand has consistently had an extremely talented team that underachieves, and now while he is having a monster year, and definitely deserves to be considered for this honor, his team is 4-5 and behind the Raiders. Yet somehow he should be the winner, while McFadden deserves no votes?

Yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes. And this is coming from someone who is actually a big Rivers fan.

Huh? McFadden isn't carrying his team anywhere close to the way Rivers is.

Cry Havoc
11-18-2010, 10:58 PM

Maybe that's partially due to the fact that Vick is 39th in rushing in the NFL this year?

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 12:30 AM
stretch has always been one of the biggest homers on this board, just no one really notices cuz it's the fuckin Raiders.

tbh, Rivers is my pick for MVP so far. howeva I'll hold off on voting for a few weeks till Peyton slides into that spot, IMHO.

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2010, 12:36 AM
stretch has always been one of the biggest homers on this board, just no one really notices cuz it's the fuckin Raiders.

tbh, Rivers is my pick for MVP so far. howeva I'll hold off on voting for a few weeks till Peyton slides into that spot, IMHO.

+1.
Dude is playing with a bunch of unknown pacific islanders at WR and he's putting up record-breaking numbers. and does anybody really think SD is not winning the West?

11-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Maybe that's partially due to the fact that Vick is 39th in rushing in the NFL this year?

That'd be a really, really small part considering he's only taken roughly 50% of the offensive snaps for the Eagles this season.

Though he did get dinged running the ball so I guess it depends on how you look at it.

LnGrrrR
11-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Whoever wins the annual pats/colts will win the MVP, barring some spectacular team collapse.

8FOR!3
11-19-2010, 07:13 AM
I picked Dez Bryant. But in reality it's Michael Vick and then that douche bag Philip Rivers.

Phillip
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
If Darren McFadden receives any MVP votes, I think it's time to do away with the award for good

Huh? McFadden isn't carrying his team anywhere close to the way Rivers is.

It is most definitely homeristic of me to say that other people AT THIS MOMENT deserve the award over Rivers, as he is doing such a great job carrying a team that is ranking 1st in offense and 2nd in defense to a whopping 4-5 record. :rolleyes Last I checked, the last time Peyton had a team that was even in the neighborhood of top 10 in both those categories, his team was 8-1 at this point (the only loss coming to the 18*-1 Pats)

Right now, Vick and Peyton should hands down be getting the majority of the votes.

DMac obviously isnt going to get any votes, but if he keeps playing at the pace he is, and gets the Raiders to the playoffs, then he most definitely deserves at least a little consideration in the race is all I'm saying.

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 11:14 AM

crofl like you're one to talk. How's Anthony Gonzalez as GOAT working out?

also

":cry whenever an AFC South rival does anything good I have to downplay it because i'm insecure about Manning getting his ass beat"

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 11:16 AM
And Brady has no business being in the MVP discussion. He's been inconsistent all season long.

New England's success this season is because Belichick has pretty much pushed all the right buttons. He should definitely be in the COTY running.

vander
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Kurt Warner, as the Cardinals are crap without him... he's most valuable hahahah...

:lol seriously

though they lost a few other good players too

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
It is most definitely homeristic of me to say that other people AT THIS MOMENT deserve the award over Rivers, as he is doing such a great job carrying a team that is ranking 1st in offense and 2nd in defense to a whopping 4-5 record. :rolleyes

If the season were to end right now, I would agree with you in that Rivers doesn't deserve the MVP for leading the team to a 4-5 record. That's just not good enough. However, a lot of people are looking at the Chargers' resurgence and pretty much thinking that them winning the division is inevitable. Whether that's right or wrong, I don't know, but that's what's driving a lot of the votes right now. So if I were to cast my vote right now it would definitely be for Peyton since the Colts are in 1st place.

DMac obviously isnt going to get any votes, but if he keeps playing at the pace he is, and gets the Raiders to the playoffs, then he most definitely deserves at least a little consideration in the race is all I'm saying.

I agree here. If McFadden were to carry his team to the playoffs (IMO he would have to step it up a little he's only on pace for 1400 yards) and rush at a high level then he does deserve consideration cause essentially he would be doing the same thing that Rivers, Vick, and Manning are doing. He would also get bonus points because it's the Raiders. However, as of now, he's not shouldering as big a load as the other three are doing. That's why he wouldn't get any votes if it were to end today.

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 12:29 PM
:cry why's Rex Ryan getting so much attention? :cry all he does is cuss :cry it's not like he's a good coach or anything :cry i hate him :cry

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 12:31 PM
and of course the only reason mono is coming to stretch's rescue is because it's involving an arkansas player.

lmao matt jones

RedsLakers24
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM
wheres Tom Brady?????????? He's leading a young team to a 7-2 record.

Nick Manning
11-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Clay Matthews, tbh. He's a lock for DPOY but he could easily be MVP as well imo

SpursFanFirst
11-19-2010, 01:05 PM
No way they give it to Vick just yet. He could be playing on the field alone and beating teams, and I doubt they'd give it to him.

Personally, I'm glad he's back. I've always felt like he deserved a second chance after serving his time. But I think there are still a lot of people with reservations.

Not Vick...not this year.

SpursFanFirst
11-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Whoever wins the annual pats/colts will win the MVP, barring some spectacular team collapse.

This is the other thing I'm thinking...
The Colts have had a lot of major injuries this year, and they're still a very tough team, with a huge thanks going to Peyton.

BUT...I think it all comes down to the game this weekend against NE.

Peyton or Brady wins it this year.

Phillip
11-19-2010, 01:13 PM
If the season were to end right now, I would agree with you in that Rivers doesn't deserve the MVP for leading the team to a 4-5 record. That's just not good enough. However, a lot of people are looking at the Chargers' resurgence and pretty much thinking that them winning the division is inevitable. Whether that's right or wrong, I don't know, but that's what's driving a lot of the votes right now. So if I were to cast my vote right now it would definitely be for Peyton since the Colts are in 1st place.

I agree here. If McFadden were to carry his team to the playoffs (IMO he would have to step it up a little he's only on pace for 1400 yards) and rush at a high level then he does deserve consideration cause essentially he would be doing the same thing that Rivers, Vick, and Manning are doing. He would also get bonus points because it's the Raiders. However, as of now, he's not shouldering as big a load as the other three are doing. That's why he wouldn't get any votes if it were to end today.

Actually McFadden is on pace for 1500+ yards. But I agree he would need to step it up a bit for serious consideration by season's end. However, the question in the thread is RIGHT NOW. And right now, he has been playing well enough to be among people being discussed, although not a serious candidate to actually win it, mainly because of Vick and Manning being so dominant.

Phillip
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
and of course the only reason mono is coming to stretch's rescue is because it's involving an arkansas player.

lmao matt jones

lmao saints
lmao tracy porter

Phillip
11-19-2010, 01:15 PM
No way they give it to Vick just yet. He could be playing on the field alone and beating teams, and I doubt they'd give it to him.

Personally, I'm glad he's back. I've always felt like he deserved a second chance after serving his time. But I think there are still a lot of people with reservations.

this post = proof that women have no business debating sports, tbh

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 01:51 PM
lmao saints
lmao tracy porter

lmao bucs

lmao same playbook

Phillip
11-19-2010, 01:58 PM
lmao bucs

lmao same playbook

lmao bears
lmao needing rex grossman as a 12th man on defense

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM
lmao al davis

lmao det guy's fast!

SpursFanFirst
11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
this post = proof that women have no business debating sports, tbh

Uh huh. so I take you have nothing constructive to add. That figures.

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
lol stretch getting regulated

Phillip
11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Uh huh. so I take you have nothing constructive to add. That figures.

lol defensive

Phillip
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
lmao al davis

lmao det guy's fast!

lmao 2 rings
lmao raiders = 3 rings
lmao 3>2
lmao 3 rings faggot

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 02:41 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1161/tumblrl8wbv0wvj11qdwsne.jpg

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 02:43 PM
http://regancheng.com/uploaded_images/5871f20837ec3cf096127cad1083ecd7-getty-77331464mw137_super_bowl_xl-789923.jpg

dirk4mvp
11-19-2010, 02:43 PM
lmao pickle breath bros trying to defend each other

monosylab1k
11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
lmao siding with SFF just cuz she's a colts fan.

Blake
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
But I think there are still a lot of people with reservations.

what people have reservations about him getting an MVP?

PETA doesn't get a vote.

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
lol all of you motherfuckers. Bills nation for life.
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/040122_norwood.jpg http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/team/history/Miracle2.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/i/abcsports/mnf/1208/photo/s_johnson_i.jpg http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/image.php?productid=20694
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DFLY59S1EFE/SswKsBG4QXI/AAAAAAAAAC0/DZy2ckELMQ8/s320/dick-jauron.jpg
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/100406/GAL-10Apr06-4237/media/PHO-10Apr06-215957.jpg
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/oj-mug-shot.jpg

Phillip
11-19-2010, 04:07 PM
:cry two on one, no fair :cry :cry :cry im going to twitter peyton manning to kick your ass :cry

JoeTait75
11-19-2010, 08:02 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it would be BS to deny Vick the MVP if he's merited it on the field. If he's worthy of being on the field he's worthy of the awards he earns with his play.

kamikazi_player
11-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Disagree, there are many douchebags that won awards in all sports in the past. You may not like him as a person, but on the field he's showing everyone that he could pass consistently. If he doesn't win the award while he keeps playing like this, then I would be shocked.

Spursfan092120
11-19-2010, 09:20 PM
There isn't a clear MVP right now.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
lol all of you motherfuckers. Bills nation for life.

I will always hate the Bills because of this one man.

Fuck Frank Reich!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/158101/the_comeback_medium.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I will always hate the Bills because of this one man.

Fuck Frank Reich!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/158101/the_comeback_medium.jpg

our one shining moment

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Without Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas!! :pctoss

32 fucking points. God dammit!!!!!!!!! :pctoss :pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Without Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas!! :pctoss

32 fucking points. God dammit!!!!!!!!! :pctoss :pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

Cornelius Bennett was out too :lol

When Bubba McDowell had that pick-6 to start the 3rd quarter I thought it was over...35-3 at that point. Andre Reed was ridiculous that game. Tough loss for the Oilers but I will say this: Warren Moon threw some of the prettiest passes I've ever seen (to this day) in that 1st half...dude was insane.

This was a 32-point comeback BEFORE the 2-point conversion era:toast

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Fucking Oilers. They broke my heart way too much. I'm a damaged fan because of them.

I hope Bud Adams gets shit on by a bird.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Fucking Oilers. They broke my heart way too much. I'm a damaged fan because of them.

I hope Bud Adams gets shit on by a bird.

Blake
11-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Warren Moon threw some of the prettiest passes I've ever seen (to this day) in that 1st half...dude was insane.

I still recall the commentators at halftime gushing over the way Moon was putting on a clinic.

JoeTait75
11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
our one shining moment

Crazy how quickly Buffalo came back. It went from 35-3 to 35-31 in the span of about eight minutes. It looked like the Bills were actually going to end up blowing Houston out.

N6jdq2eqbcg

mojorizen7
11-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Well it aint Brett fucking Favre.....and the fact the 3-6 Vikings continue to get so much pub is just obscenely ridiculous.

Voted Vick. If he(and DJax) stays healthy i think he's a lock.

Prodigal
11-20-2010, 09:46 AM
If Vick keeps it up, there's no way they can deny him.

Spurs rock
11-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Right now, Brett Favre.

DeadlyDynasty
11-20-2010, 08:35 PM
N6jdq2eqbcg

Thanks for that trip down amnesia lane:flipoff I thought Buffalo was going to the SB that year after losing to Cincy in the AFCCG the year before.

tbh I would've loved to seen a game in the old dog pound, just a crazy atmosphere that you could feel through your TV. My pops was there for a couple games years ago and I remember him telling me that he saw people eating Alpo out of the can there:lol

The Ralph used to be a wild joint too, but the last 11 years have sucked the life out of it:depressed. Still love tailgating at the Ralph though, miss the smells.

JoeTait75
11-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for that trip down amnesia lane:flipoff I thought Buffalo was going to the SB that year after losing to Cincy in the AFCCG the year before.

tbh I would've loved to seen a game in the old dog pound, just a crazy atmosphere that you could feel through your TV. My pops was there for a couple games years ago and I remember him telling me that he saw people eating Alpo out of the can there:lol

The Ralph used to be a wild joint too, but the last 11 years have sucked the life out of it:depressed. Still love tailgating at the Ralph though, miss the smells.

That was the last great game played by the old Browns at Municipal Stadium. Buffalo was obviously a team on the rise and we were in a bit of a decline. We had no answers for Thurman Thomas that day. 13 catches, 150 yards.

Bills lost, but Thurman had his breakout game and Levy and Marchibroda stumbled on the no-huddle offense that afternoon. Browns went 3-13 the next year and the Bills went to their first Super Bowl. So you could say that while Buffalo lost the battle, they won the war.