PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying an iPad...

blizz
11-19-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm tired of waiting for the Notion Ink Adam so I'm seriously considering buying an iPad. Anyone here have one? Is it worth it? Do you like it? 16GB or 32GB? Would you recommend it? How do you use it?

bus driver
11-19-2010, 09:41 AM
i have the 32Gb and use it to read the news, alarm clock and games. I want to start putting digital copies of movies on it but havent done that. so basically i dont use it for what i intended to use it for.

if you have the money and want one or something similar than i saw go for it.
i could live without it.

Slomo
11-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I had a few hours to Kill in London a month back and I started playing with the iPad in the Apple Store on Regent Street.

It's fantastic, the screen is great, the use intuitive and it looks cool, there's only one problem.
I couldn't figure out what I could do with it. There isn't one thing the iPad can do that another device can do better or cheaper and that you probably already own.

the iPad is the coolest useless gadget I have ever seen.

:tu

Cry Havoc
11-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I had a few hours to Kill in London a month back and I started playing with the iPad in the Apple Store on Regent Street.

It's fantastic, the screen is great, the use intuitive and it looks cool, there's only one problem.
I couldn't figure out what I could do with it. There isn't one thing the iPad can do that another device can do better or cheaper and that you probably already own.

koriwhat
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
i use it to show my portfolio to clients, use it to track my progress at school and write my papers as well as notes, use it for music and movies, internet 24/7 anywhere, and to stream from my computer and remote into my computer.

i love it! i could see it being useless to others but for my needs, it does a damn good job.

CuckingFunt
11-19-2010, 01:37 PM

After playing with a friend's, I agree. And it's not helped by the fact it is, in my opinion, far heavier and more cumbersome than it should be. Which is not to say it weighs a million pounds -- it doesn't -- but it's most comfortable to use when you have a table to rest it on, at which point a laptop/netbook is likely a better choice (or at least as good).

blizz
11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely re-thinking it.

koriwhat
11-19-2010, 06:49 PM
After playing with a friend's, I agree. And it's not helped by the fact it is, in my opinion, far heavier and more cumbersome than it should be. Which is not to say it weighs a million pounds -- it doesn't -- but it's most comfortable to use when you have a table to rest it on, at which point a laptop/netbook is likely a better choice (or at least as good).

haha the fuckin ipad is light as hell! wtf you smokin'?

btw, i hardly ever flip my case over and use my ipad on a table. 99% of the time it's in my hands.

Dex
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
If you want a desktop, get a desktop.

If you want a portable, get a portable.

If you have both, get an iPad.

It's nifty, but will never be more than a luxury item / fancy gadget.

Nathan Explosion
11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I have an iPhone 4. Today Apple just released an update that made the iPad just like the iPhone. Guess I don't really need an iPad.

I'd say play with one and see what you could do with it. I personally don't have a use for one so I wouldn't get one unless it was given to me or I had money to burn. My phone does pretty much everything the iPad does, so yeah.