PDA

View Full Version : League Pass Broadband

narmerguy
11-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone else have this? Mine hasn't worked in probalby 2 weeks. It loads to 90% and then stops. And then the bastards have ABSOLUTELY no contact information on their website for troubleshooting or otherwise. How do you contact their help support?

Fuck. What's the point of paying $100.

Giuseppe
11-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Do a chargeback with your credit card company.

narmerguy
11-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Do a chargeback with your credit card company.

I'd much rather actually get the thing to work :( How does the NBA get away with having no contact information on their entire website?

Giuseppe
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I heard the exact same complaints last season. The thing is buggy.

duncan228
11-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I had trouble activating it last year, this was the email they had. I don't see it on the site this year, it is really odd that there's no contact info.

You can try this if you want. Like I said, it was last year, I don't know if it's still valid.

[email protected]

senorglory
11-20-2010, 04:58 AM
The broadband league pass is only good if you are a basketball junkie. Playback is at a low and poor resolution, so that the screen is either of two options: 1) tiny, or 2) distorted. There are only two preset screen sizes and you cannot re-size the playback screen otherwise. There are no playback keys/controls, although rewinding/forwarding is hypothetically allowed by scrolling the play bar. The play bar doesn't really work for two reasons: 1) it is imprecise and gives you no idea how far forward or how far back you have already scrolled, and 2) the scroll bar is sometimes out of proportion/disconnected to game time, and may cause an unpredictable jump forward or backward, so that even though you very gently rolled the scroll bar forward to get past a commercial, playback may resume at some time a few minutes back in the game so that you are not only still in line to see the commercial, but also to repeat some of the game you have already watched. The black out schedule for your subscription area is not information you are provided (I live in Hawaii, what is the logic behind blacking out NBA games in Hawaii anyway? I'm more than 3000 miles from the nearest stadium). There is indeed no real customer service or even customer service contact info readily available.

This year broadband league pass seems to be even worse than in years past. Seemingly more commercials (why am I watching commercials anyway, when I've already paid a fee for the subscription?). and a limited choice of seven teams only, or an extra 80 dollar subscription fee.

David Stern is a dick, and the NBA is half the sport it was before his dreadful, dreadful tenure.

But then, that's just my opinion, and no need for, say, the nba, to sue me for defamation... go ahead, try it, you'll love it too.

senorglory
11-20-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm currently watching SAS vs. UTA. I have it in big screen mode. The game could perhaps have been played by giant lego men tonight, for all I can tell. Fortunately, I'm a Spurs fan, and can guess which Spurs players are which by where the lego men seem to be playing on the floor in relation to one another. Lego TD just hit a beautiful 15 ft bankshot... I think.

duncan228
11-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Lego TD just hit a beautiful 15 ft bankshot... I think.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/lego.jpg

senorglory
11-20-2010, 05:27 AM

hahaha. Nice!

rayjayjohnson
11-20-2010, 05:42 AM
international league pass is fucking ace this year

narmerguy
11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm currently watching SAS vs. UTA. I have it in big screen mode. The game could perhaps have been played by giant lego men tonight, for all I can tell. Fortunately, I'm a Spurs fan, and can guess which Spurs players are which by where the lego men seem to be playing on the floor in relation to one another. Lego TD just hit a beautiful 15 ft bankshot... I think.

Fuck so yours works? I'm beginning to wonder, maybe it's a windows 7 thing? What browser/OS are you running?

Thanks for the email 228, I'll give it a shot.

Crookshanks
11-20-2010, 10:27 AM
This is the second year I've had it, and mine is working pretty good. It will sometimes freeze up, but just for a few seconds. I had an awful time with it last year, but I discovered that the problem was my computer. It was too old and the processor couldn't handle it.

I wish I could just watch League Pass on tv - but I live in Fort Worth and neither carrier (AT&T and Charter) offers it. I find it very annoying that I live in a major city and neither cable provider has League Pass - I guess people in Fort Worth don't watch the NBA except for the Mavericks.

senorglory
11-20-2010, 02:15 PM
What browser/OS are you running? Vista Ultimate, Firefox.

senorglory
11-20-2010, 02:17 PM

If only TD still had those springs in his legs.

Man In Black
11-20-2010, 07:54 PM
When was the last time you checked all the settings of you computer? How fast is your internet connection. Any slower than 1.5 Megs per second, you are screwed.

Don't use Internet Explorer if you can help it. Use a more stable browser like Firefox or Google Chrome.

Make sure your system is free of spyware. Load Malware Bytes and update it, and then run a quick scan. If there is spyware, that could be clogging your connection preventing you from being able to watch league pass.

MINE WORKS FUCKING GREAT!!!

RoddyBukkake
11-20-2010, 09:17 PM
just use adthe and firstrow they're free